HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Fan 590: Leafs want Forsberg

Closed Thread

Old
07-25-2005, 11:48 AM
19nazzy

vCash: 500
Sounds like a wet dream

Old
07-25-2005, 11:55 AM
Blue_and_White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian_Brewtality
like Sundin and those Cambell soup comemrcials
I loved those commercials.

Old
07-25-2005, 12:00 PM
mydnyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rancid
Leafs want everyone.
Leafs NEED everyone.

Old
07-25-2005, 12:07 PM
jumptheshark
the burn out

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrt2000
Fan 590 is reporting several sources are telling the fan 590 that the Leafs will be pursuing Peter Forsberg after August 1.
Mmmmmm

I'll play nice

There might be a few teams the 'might' call the guy

the question starts with is the rumour true that Where Forsberg goes--Naslnad Fallows?

Can the Leafs do the moves that would get both players

Old
07-25-2005, 12:08 PM
fcbarcelona

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrt2000
Fan 590 is reporting several sources are telling the fan 590 that the Leafs will be pursuing Peter Forsberg after August 1.
if colorado lets them have him

Old
07-25-2005, 12:29 PM
oil slick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jericholic19
if colorado lets them have him
I think Forsberg will be back in Colorado, but it really has nothing to do with what Colorado lets happen and has everything to do with what Forsberg wants to happen. Colorado has almost no say in the matter beyond extending an offer like everyone else and hoping that Forsberg will choose them (which I think he will).

Old
07-25-2005, 12:37 PM
RE-HABS

Quote:
Originally Posted by NataSatan666
Toronto is where his friends (Sundin-Steen) play.
I'm sure he has close friends on other teams too, is Steen his best bud now because they played with each other this past winter?

If he followed a friend it would be Naslund.

I think he will be back in Colorado for 1 more year, if not he is gonna head to a market where he can win now because he has always stated he would like to finish his career in Sweden.

Old
07-25-2005, 03:35 PM
RoyIsALegend*

Quote:
Originally Posted by oil slick
I think Forsberg will be back in Colorado, but it really has nothing to do with what Colorado lets happen and has everything to do with what Forsberg wants to happen. Colorado has almost no say in the matter beyond extending an offer like everyone else and hoping that Forsberg will choose them (which I think he will).
I'll heavily, heavily disagree here.

Don Baizley, Foppa's agent, has an absolutely outstanding relationship with PL and it is well-known that Forsberg's first wish is to remain an Av.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/news_sto...=nhl-avalanche

If Colorado can find a way to fit him under the cap(letting Foote go, potentially), then Peter will resign.

Lacroix is in the driver's seat.

Old
07-25-2005, 03:53 PM
leaflover
New hope

vCash: 1150
I have to agree with those that feel Forsberg will stay with the avs.
1.He's played there his whole career.
2.He's had great success as an Av
3.He's made tons of money(enough to last a lifetime).
4.He's loved by the fans and teamates.
5.Avs have as good a shot at the Stanley cup as anyone.

Why leave all that?

Old
07-25-2005, 04:03 PM
shakes
Ancient Astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
I'll heavily, heavily disagree here.

Don Baizley, Foppa's agent, has an absolutely outstanding relationship with PL and it is well-known that Forsberg's first wish is to remain an Av.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/teams/news_sto...=nhl-avalanche

If Colorado can find a way to fit him under the cap(letting Foote go, potentially), then Peter will resign.

Lacroix is in the driver's seat.
you aren't really disagreeing with anything. Forsberg's first choice is to stay in Colorado, but he does have an option to go elsewhere whether you think he will or not. Lacroix is not in the "driver's seat"... Forsberg is.

Old
07-25-2005, 04:05 PM
oil slick

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
it is well-known that Forsberg's first wish is to remain an Av.
I guess it's semantics, but this sounds an awful lot to me like Forsberg in the drivers seat... it just happens that it looks like he's driving back to the Avs.

Old
07-25-2005, 04:13 PM
Scoogs

Send a message via MSN to Scoogs
He won't be anything but an Av.

Steens agent is the same as Foppa's, that is why he was in Toronto.

Old
07-25-2005, 05:44 PM
polarslam

Whereever Forsberg goes I think its risky toi give him anything long term considering his health. Who wants to risk having a 6-7 million dollar guy signed for 5 years, but he's a half the player he was a few years ago.

Old
07-25-2005, 05:51 PM
MacDaddy TLC*

And to dispel this garbage: http://www.hfboards.com/showpost.php...3&postcount=34 JFJ was meeting with Forsberg's agent, who represents Steen to discuss contract.

Amazing how things can get all tangled up when few facts are known. If you can find me one GM in the NHL, Europe, or any other pro league that doesn't WANT Forsberg, I'll show you a GM begging to get out of hockey altogether.

Old
07-25-2005, 06:09 PM
Iggy-4-50

This just in,Sutter is looking at signing the 2nd best player to play left wing with the "best" player in the league

Old
07-25-2005, 06:49 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

Quote:
Originally Posted by T@T
This just in,Sutter is looking at signing the 2nd best player to play left wing with the "best" player in the league
tie domi ?

Old
07-25-2005, 07:13 PM
Attica

Send a message via MSN to Attica
Naslund - Sundin - Foppa
Demitra - Allison - O'niell
Roberts - Mogilny - Murray
Blah - Blah - Blah

Pronger - Neidermayer
Mccabe - Foote
Kaberle - Odin

Forcefield/Belfour

sounds realistic to me. It might be tough to lock up the forcefield though, word is he'll be asking for 7 mil +, being as he's a forcefield and is there is 0% of anyone ever scoring on him.

The toronto media actually makes me physically ill.
leafs suck, kypreos sucks, krypton sucks.

Old
07-25-2005, 07:16 PM
NYC Aim 4588

vCash:
Leafs want Forsberg its more like leafs want anyonyone over 32 or 33 years old. With the lineup the guy above me listed cant wiona cup I would conetend Toronto to be more pathetic then NYR befire they traded away all the there vets except for a few.

Old
07-25-2005, 07:21 PM
snakepliskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attica
Naslund - Sundin - Foppa
Blah - Blah - Blah

Pronger - Neidermayer
Mccabe - Foote
Kaberle - Odin

Forcefield/Belfour

sounds realistic to me. It might be tough to lock up the forcefield though, word is he'll be asking for 7 mil +, being as he's a forcefield and is there is 0% of anyone ever scoring on him.

Memo to Leafs---39 million payroll

Old
07-25-2005, 07:27 PM
missthenet

if you can't get either Forsberg or Demitra, why not try dementia!!!!

Old
07-25-2005, 07:35 PM
SENSational

Quote:
Originally Posted by Attica
Naslund - Sundin - Foppa
Blah - Blah - Blah

Pronger - Neidermayer
Mccabe - Foote
Kaberle - Odin

Forcefield/Belfour

HAHA So true

Old
07-25-2005, 07:46 PM
Chileiceman

This just in:
Forcefield, whose mother lives in Burlington, has accepted a 5 year contract at the minimum salary with the Leafs.

Old
07-25-2005, 08:34 PM
Poignant Discussion
I tell it like it is

Send a message via MSN to Poignant Discussion Send a message via Yahoo to Poignant Discussion
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7
No, not everyone, just Forsberg,Lindros,Blake,Nieds,Murray,Pronger,Naslun d,Bertuzzi, and these guys are all gonna sign for league min. cuz they wanna be leafs...it's true...
And will make 3+ million a year just in endorsements ontop of any salary. I think some of you people will be rather surpirised how well this cap will help the Leafs. There is no bigger hockey market and with that comes endorsements. I read somewhere that Crosby would make 10+ million a year just in endorsements with Toronto. Add to that a limit that teams can-will spend and Toronto is in a very nice situation.

I would think you will see alot of name players sign lower end contracts to sign with teams that offer the best chance of bonuses and endorsements. Because of the escrow thing it works better for players to keep salaries down

Old
07-25-2005, 09:04 PM
The_Puck_Hog

Obviously, I'de love to see the likes of Forsberg in Toronto. However, actually being a realistic Fan, I just can't see that happening unless they buy out Nolan, McCabe and even Belfour......I think all of this has to happen before the Leafs can consider signing Forsberg, by doing this however , they'de have to sign another goalie...maybe Joseph...

I just can't see it....

Old
07-25-2005, 09:26 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by NataSatan666
And will make 3+ million a year just in endorsements ontop of any salary. I think some of you people will be rather surpirised how well this cap will help the Leafs. There is no bigger hockey market and with that comes endorsements. I read somewhere that Crosby would make 10+ million a year just in endorsements with Toronto. Add to that a limit that teams can-will spend and Toronto is in a very nice situation.

I would think you will see alot of name players sign lower end contracts to sign with teams that offer the best chance of bonuses and endorsements. Because of the escrow thing it works better for players to keep salaries down
I see a lot of Leaf fans mentioning endorsements... does anyone here have any real evidence from actual endorsements signed in Toronto and how much money these players were able to make - and then compare that to endorsement deals signed in other cities...

I dunno about being so confident about this making the Leafs any better... I mean unless I'm watching the wrong channels here in Toronto, even in this city I'm seeing more commercials going to a Calgary and Vancouver player than I am seeing for the Leafs (and this is Naslund and Iginla's second set of commericals with Nike, after the Nike ad they did a couple years ago)... the gatorade commerical seems to have a few hockey players on it - including Luongo (from small hockey market Florida!), but didn't notice any Leafs there...

where exactly are these endorsement deals? are you talking the extra $$ that Tie Domi is making being in Quizno commercials? well here's some news for you - players in other cities get these deals too (check the commericals that the Sedins have in Vancouver)... I doubt though that any of these guys are getting that much doing these local adds... the endorsements that bring money are the national and internationals ads - like Nike has... and I haven't see a Leaf player yet - despite the market not just being created in Toronto this coming year.

and why do you think that there'll be sufficiently more money - and apparently an endless supply of it since you seem to think that they will benefit from this in any more than the odd player, the odd year - than say they could get in cities like NY, Detroit, Colorado, or Vancouver or Montreal?

Maybe a guy like Sundin gets a deal (hoping more substantial than the Campbell commercials he's been doing)... but do you think that the big companies are going to keep giving out deals to every one interested in coming to Toronto? is there an endless source here of money for companies to invest? is it normal practice for companies to go after different players every single year, after giving out multiyear deals to specific players?

IMO this whole Toronto giving better endorsement opportunities to players is being overblown... I've seen no proof of this - not in the commericals I see on TV, compared to in other cities, not in the deals signed by stars around the league with major sponsers (like Nike and Gatorade).... so please, I'd love to see some actual logical backing to this, rather than speculation that doesn't seem to be backed up by what we see in reality.

Closed Thread