HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

cammalleri to Vancouver per fan 960

Old
11-19-2013, 12:02 PM
CanucksSayEh

vCash: 500
If the Flames retain salary, can we fit both Cammy and Booth? Booth could find his legs soon, and even if he doesn't produce up to par, having him on the 3rd/4th is exactly what we need to make a push.

CanucksSayEh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 12:04 PM
Bandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by RK 17 View Post
So in your opinion Cammalleri has higher value than Iginla Bouwmeester?
Apparently you are forgetting about Gaustad The Great.

Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 12:05 PM
Timmer44

vCash: 833
Cammalleri is a former client of Gillis' and has been the target of the Canucks for a while now. My guess is the Canucks left room under the cap specifically targetting Cammy.

I would be surprised if Horvat, Shinkaruk, Gaunce or Jensen are included. My guess is Corrado or Tanev might be available. I'd also be surprised if the Canucks traded their first pick this year as well unless a prospect they like would be coming back. Hurts to lose one of them but the Canucks D line is set for the next few years.

Timmer44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 12:32 PM
Nuckler

I never understand the whole "trading to a rival thing" if Calgary is in rebuild mode making your division rivals stronger more or less ensures you draft higher... not to mention they are not looking to be seriously competitive for a couple of years.

Nuckler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 12:46 PM
Timmer44

vCash: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckler View Post
I never understand the whole "trading to a rival thing" if Calgary is in rebuild mode making your division rivals stronger more or less ensures you draft higher... not to mention they are not looking to be seriously competitive for a couple of years.
Depends on the circumstance. Calgary is not competing with Vancouver this season, so trading a guy on the last year of his contract shouldn't be problem.

On the other hand, the Canucks are probably hesitant to trade a young prospect to a division rival who could potentially hurt them for years to come. For example, the Canucks didn't trade Cory Schneider to Edmonton to avoid having to face him.

The only caveat is that you play teams in your division fewer times now. You're competing for a playoff spot with the team but you don't actually have to face your division rival as much as you once did.

Timmer44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 01:01 PM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 1675
I don't think Cammalleri will get more than Iginla. A 1st + B prospect would be okay by me, but I hope Gillis learned his lesson with the Roy trade and manages to re-sign him.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 01:56 PM
VinnyC
Rangers fan I SWEAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
I don't think Cammalleri will get more than Iginla. A 1st + B prospect would be okay by me, but I hope Gillis learned his lesson with the Roy trade and manages to re-sign him.
Agreed. We don't really have scoring prospects other than Jensen and Shinkaruk, we need some firepower in the long-run badly.

VinnyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 01:58 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Really? You think Cammalleri will garner a similar return to Iginla? I think it'll be a soft trade personally. A 3rd rounder and long term prospect kind of thing - maybe a 2nd and a prospect, but that guy makes a ton of money - and that matters these days.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 01:58 PM
TylerSVT*

Quote:
It's widely considered that Feaster lost that trade badly (pens lost worse).

Cammi has been playing great this year, and i would want more than what Iginla got simply because Cammi is younger, putting up great numbers, and is a playoff beast.

TylerSVT* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 02:00 PM
Flames rebuilder

Quote:
That seems about The same as Iggy and Jbow but you have to remember there wasn't a cap dump involved in either of those deals, especially one signed beyond this year. Taking on Booth would increase the value.

Flames rebuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 02:07 PM
HarrySPlinkett
Not a film critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
Really? You think Cammalleri will garner a similar return to Iginla? I think it'll be a soft trade personally. A 3rd rounder and long term prospect kind of thing - maybe a 2nd and a prospect, but that guy makes a ton of money - and that matters these days.
Cammalleri is just under a PPG player right now, and the last two times he's seen the post-season he's been PPG or better. He has twice scored 80 points in this league, and has dealt with freak injuries the last three seasons.

He's worth a 1st. Maybe not much more, but on a team like Vancouver with very little scoring depth, he's a good fit.

HarrySPlinkett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 02:17 PM
SpezDispenser

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDoctor10 View Post
Cammalleri is just under a PPG player right now, and the last two times he's seen the post-season he's been PPG or better. He has twice scored 80 points in this league, and has dealt with freak injuries the last three seasons.

He's worth a 1st. Maybe not much more, but on a team like Vancouver with very little scoring depth, he's a good fit.
Maybe a first from a contender where it'd be in the 20-30 range, but even then...a pending UFA, making 6 million dollars, not to mention Feaster said at the start of the season there was no interest whatsoever. I still find it hard to believe he'd get more than a 2nd and a long shot project prospect at best, but we'll see I'm sure.

SpezDispenser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 02:26 PM
NHLFAN1989

Vancouver
Cammy 50%
Backlund

Calgary
Horvat
Booth

Cammy gives the Sedin's a nice winger
Backlund gives the Canucks nice centre depth and will fit nicely on the third line.

NHLFAN1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 02:27 PM
Nuckles
On the IR

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLFAN1989 View Post
Vancouver
Cammy 50%
Backlund

Calgary
Horvat
Booth

Backlund gives the Canucks nice centre depth and will fit nicely on the third line.
No way we move our top prospect for an upcoming UFA and a mediocre center.

Richer's Ghost made my avatar
Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 02:28 PM
polarbearcub

Former gillis client. Canucks need more scoring. Fits.

Also the canucks do have cap room next year. 60 mill signed for next year with the cap going up by 7 million

polarbearcub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 02:29 PM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHLFAN1989 View Post
Vancouver
Cammy 50%
Backlund

Calgary
Horvat
Booth

Sweet.

Counter :

To Calgary
Booth
Weise

To Vancouver
Monahan.

win/win

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 02:32 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

I'm not very interested in Tanev. We have plenty of guys in the 4-5 range. I'd be very interested in Shinkaruk or Jensen. I understand Horvat not being available. For me to move MC there, one of a 1st, Jensen or Shinkaruk would have to be in the deal.

Double Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 02:33 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absent Canuck View Post
Sweet.

Counter :

To Calgary
Booth
Weise

To Vancouver
Monahan.

win/win
Monahan is way better than Horvat. Cammaleri way better than Booth and Backlund is way better than Weise. How is that comparable?

Old
11-19-2013, 02:34 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpezDispenser View Post
A ppg player that can play all 3 forward positions and has a history of stepping it up in the playoffs for a 3rd + meh prospect? He has a cap hit of 6 maybe Calgary eats a million but even if they don't there are still 13 teams that can take his contract on (giving up no salary in return).

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 02:35 PM
TheHudlinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absent Canuck View Post
Sweet.

Counter :

To Calgary
Booth
Weise

To Vancouver
Monahan.

win/win
That's not even in the same realm of bad offers
Cammy at 50% >>> Booth
Backlund > Weise
Monahan>Horvat

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 02:40 PM
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Dion View Post
I'm not very interested in Tanev. We have plenty of guys in the 4-5 range. I'd be very interested in Shinkaruk or Jensen. I understand Horvat not being available. For me to move MC there, one of a 1st, Jensen or Shinkaruk would have to be in the deal.
Horvat, Shinkaruk, Tanev and Corrado aren't available for a UFA. Jensen could be had though.

Jensen+2nd or 1st+McNally

for Cammalleri (10% retained)

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 02:43 PM
pspot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flacko View Post
Horvat, Shinkaruk, Tanev and Corrado aren't available for a UFA. Jensen could be had though.

what about Guance?

Monahan/Guance 1/2 would be pretty solid moving forward

pspot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 02:43 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flacko View Post

I'd rather have Jensen than Tanev or Corrado anyway. I'd do either of the deals you propose honestly.

Old
11-19-2013, 02:44 PM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 1675
Quote:
Originally Posted by pspot View Post
what about Guance?

I'd be willing to move Gaunce. With Horvat in the system he might be expendable.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 02:45 PM
Double Dion
Jets fan 30/06/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by pspot View Post
what about Guance?

Gaunce is redundant for us IMO. He's basically Knight or Reinhart. We have Arnold coming up too next year, so 3rd line center is already full of options for us. Backlund is there too if his development offensively continues to stall. I'd rather have the big winger with touch, since I think Gaunce is a 3 not a 2.