HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Evander Kane

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-25-2013, 03:04 AM
  #101
KJoe88
Registered User
 
KJoe88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dearborn, MI
Posts: 5,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by the banks View Post
Lol at thinking that would get you Shea Weber
Lol @ suggesting/throwing that kind of package for an extremely overrated player.

KJoe88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 08:02 AM
  #102
SoupNazi
Global Moderator
No Soup for You!!!
 
SoupNazi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: In the South
Country: Argentina
Posts: 20,783
vCash: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by the banks View Post
Lol at thinking that would get you Shea Weber
Actually it would probably be close.

SoupNazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 10:15 AM
  #103
Zetterberg4Captain
Registered User
 
Zetterberg4Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Detroit
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,760
vCash: 500
we do not have the assets required to land Evander Kane without gutting out top prospect pool

we really shouldnt even be looking as fans at a guy like Kane to begin with, its our inability to move the puck up from our defence in transition that it hurting us the most that and a lack of size in our bottom six that can play with any semblence of authority

if we have a top 9 of dats, zetts, bert, nyquist, weiss, alffie, franzen, tatar and helm and a fourth line with abdelkader plus one or two other bigger more physical forwards coupled with a better puck mover from the back end(again a brian campbell type) we would be among the top contenders

Zetterberg4Captain is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 10:33 AM
  #104
Eternal Sunshine
 
Eternal Sunshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Somalia
Posts: 26,456
vCash: 500
Kane isn't a team first guy. I don't think moving the pieces it would take to get him would be worth it in the long run.

Eternal Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 04:23 PM
  #105
kuick
Tatar Sauce
 
kuick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Grand Rapids
Country: United States
Posts: 2,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Sunshine View Post
Kane isn't a team first guy. I don't think moving the pieces it would take to get him would be worth it in the long run.
He's only 22 right now. I think he could benefit greatly from the guys in our locker room, plus he wouldn't have to be THE GUY immediately like he is in Winnipeg. The negative things I've heard about seem somewhat overblown.

I'd take the risk for a player like E. Kane, he's exactly the type of winger this team has been lacking for the past few years. He has the potential for more than 30 goals consistently.

kuick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 04:34 PM
  #106
Eternal Sunshine
 
Eternal Sunshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Somalia
Posts: 26,456
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuick View Post
He's only 22 right now. I think he could benefit greatly from the guys in our locker room, plus he wouldn't have to be THE GUY immediately like he is in Winnipeg. The negative things I've heard about seem somewhat overblown.

I'd take the risk for a player like E. Kane, he's exactly the type of winger this team has been lacking for the past few years. He has the potential for more than 30 goals consistently.
A friend of mine was at Jets camp in September and apparently Kane doesn't eat with the team. He spends the majority of his time on his own, both at home and supposedly on the road, too. But this is just from my POV as I heard it from a friend, I obviously don't expect others to take my word or whatever. But a big resounding "NO!" from me, anyway.

Eternal Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 04:56 PM
  #107
Bench
#notmyroof
 
Bench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Twin Peaks
Posts: 11,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Sunshine View Post
A friend of mine was at Jets camp in September and apparently Kane doesn't eat with the team. He spends the majority of his time on his own, both at home and supposedly on the road, too. But this is just from my POV as I heard it from a friend, I obviously don't expect others to take my word or whatever. But a big resounding "NO!" from me, anyway.
That's exactly the behavior that alienated Sean Avery from the team in Dallas so quickly. He used to listen to his iPod between periods.

Something tells me that kind of behavior would be frowned upon by Wings management and the team leaders.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 04:59 PM
  #108
Eternal Sunshine
 
Eternal Sunshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Somalia
Posts: 26,456
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench View Post
That's exactly the behavior that alienated Sean Avery from the team in Dallas so quickly. He used to listen to his iPod between periods.

Something tells me that kind of behavior would be frowned upon by Wings management and the team leaders.
It isn't something that I think is very negative anyway, like I would say I am much more like Kane than say a locker room joker kinda guy. But I'm not a professional athlete who relies on an income based on playing a team sport, either. I'd much rather pony up for a similar player who doesn't have that kind of rep, if the team were to make a big move like this.

Eternal Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 05:04 PM
  #109
Bench
#notmyroof
 
Bench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Twin Peaks
Posts: 11,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Sunshine View Post
It isn't something that I think is very negative anyway, like I would say I am much more like Kane than say a locker room joker kinda guy. But I'm not a professional athlete who relies on an income based on playing a team sport, either. I'd much rather pony up for a similar player who doesn't have that kind of rep, if the team were to make a big move like this.
Speaking of which, the rest of the mods and I were talking, and we're pretty sick of how you don't hang out with us during pre-game mod meals.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 05:08 PM
  #110
Eternal Sunshine
 
Eternal Sunshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Somalia
Posts: 26,456
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench View Post
Speaking of which, the rest of the mods and I were talking, and we're pretty sick of how you don't hang out with us during pre-game mod meals.



Eternal Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 05:54 PM
  #111
KJoe88
Registered User
 
KJoe88's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dearborn, MI
Posts: 5,163
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Sunshine View Post


Fresh, yo.

KJoe88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 06:01 PM
  #112
opivy
Sauce King
 
opivy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 685
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to opivy Send a message via MSN to opivy Send a message via Yahoo to opivy
All that money but wearing a hoodie and a baseball cap. Just speaks class.

opivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 06:03 PM
  #113
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
RIP Octopi
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench View Post
Speaking of which, the rest of the mods and I were talking, and we're pretty sick of how you don't hang out with us during pre-game mod meals.
You guys should be looking into a moderator trade, one bad apple and this whole thing could fall apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opivy View Post
All that money but wearing a hoodie and a baseball cap. Just speaks class.
Bet he is one of the first guys to have Bauer call him and say, um.... Don't wear our stuff so often.


Kane is not really a realistic trade candidate, I would be excited to get him, but his detractors here would pop up sooner rather than later. Sure he is physical so he would get a pass for a while, but at some point you would all notice how streaky he is and some of the other problems in his game. Plus the belief we can iron out any problem child isn't necessarily true, we sent Leino packing real quick. Kane is the kind of talent you put up with some of the shenanigans for, but I don't think Zetterberg whispering in his ear is going to make him a completely different player like some around here apparently do. You're getting a more physical Franzen with plus speed. Sure that sounds great, but how quickly will people turn when they realize he has average hockey sense and disappears for stretches and blows defensive coverage even more than Franzen?

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 06:12 PM
  #114
Frk It
Crap Space
 
Frk It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by opivy View Post
All that money but wearing a hoodie and a baseball cap. Just speaks class.
But everyone on the Wings has a Tigers cap on at all times... So are they class-less too?

Frk It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 06:23 PM
  #115
InjuredChoker
Registered User
 
InjuredChoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: LTIR or golf course
Posts: 29,837
vCash: 925
something weird has happened to kane since season started.

in first 12 games he had 4 or more shots in every game. since then, only twice and that came in most recent game and the latest calgary game. he didn't have stretch like that last season or season before that one,

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 06:49 PM
  #116
The Zetterberg Era
Moderator
RIP Octopi
 
The Zetterberg Era's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ft. Myers, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,722
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by InjuredChoker View Post
something weird has happened to kane since season started.

in first 12 games he had 4 or more shots in every game. since then, only twice and that came in most recent game and the latest calgary game. he didn't have stretch like that last season or season before that one,
I don't think he wants to play there and hearing they are shopping him is probably a happy moment for him. His game looks very off though lately agree with that. I pointed out he can be almost as infuriating as Franzen and he is doing that right now to a T.

Would point out Noel should be in trouble, he chased Burmistrov, but most blamed it on the whole Russian thing inaccurately in my opinion, though Burmi certainly had his stuggles. Now he is struggling to get the most out of Kane and Mark Scheifele, guessing he won't get a pass since they are big rugged good ole Canadian boys.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 08:10 PM
  #117
Bench
#notmyroof
 
Bench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Twin Peaks
Posts: 11,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
But everyone on the Wings has a Tigers cap on at all times... So are they class-less too?
I think the key variable missing in that equivalency are the massive stacks of money. Dolla, dolla bills ya'll.

It's poor taste to flaunt wealth, but whatever, he's a kid millionaire. I wouldn't have been much better with that kind of cash and access to twitter.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 08:13 PM
  #118
opivy
Sauce King
 
opivy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Denver, CO
Country: United States
Posts: 685
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to opivy Send a message via MSN to opivy Send a message via Yahoo to opivy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
But everyone on the Wings has a Tigers cap on at all times... So are they class-less too?
Not while holding stacks of cash in what appears to be vegas. It's more if you're trying to show off how rich you are at least act the part. Meanwhile, only idiots take pictures with stacks of cash if they care to hold onto it.

opivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 08:15 PM
  #119
Frk It
Crap Space
 
Frk It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by opivy View Post
Not while holding stacks of cash in what appears to be vegas. It's more if you're trying to show off how rich you are at least act the part. Meanwhile, only idiots take pictures with stacks of cash if they care to hold onto it.
Ok that's understandable. I was gonna say... like 80% of hockey players wear hoodies and baseball caps haha.

Frk It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 08:16 PM
  #120
Bench
#notmyroof
 
Bench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Twin Peaks
Posts: 11,890
vCash: 500
I will say the most exciting thing about Kane is that physically he's one of the most gifted guys in the NHL. His strength and explosiveness are incredible. That doesn't always translate to results, but the raw materials are there for a legitimate superstar.

Of course those kind of packages are always the most frustrating. Put Zetterberg's brain in Kane's body and you're basically talking about Mario Lemieux.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 08:17 PM
  #121
Pizzarena91
hot and REaDy Wings
 
Pizzarena91's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: MI
Posts: 3,236
vCash: 500
At 22 if he has an attitude problem I don't know how he would handle playing in Grand Rapids for two more years before Holland finally calls him up. I think Holland would be in the market for someone more like Heatley, he isn't one of those useless young players.

Pizzarena91 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 08:18 PM
  #122
Frk It
Crap Space
 
Frk It's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench View Post
I think the key variable missing in that equivalency are the massive stacks of money. Dolla, dolla bills ya'll.

It's poor taste to flaunt wealth, but whatever, he's a kid millionaire. I wouldn't have been much better with that kind of cash and access to twitter.
I tried to buy my friends a round on my birthday Saturday night. But the bartender wouldn't accept Bench Bucks or my vcash

I think they were just jealous of my "stacks".

Frk It is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 08:23 PM
  #123
Bench
#notmyroof
 
Bench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Twin Peaks
Posts: 11,890
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frk It View Post
I tried to buy my friends a round on my birthday Saturday night. But the bartender wouldn't accept Bench Bucks or my vcash

I think they were just jealous of my "stacks".
Ridiculous! Bench Bucks are worth their weight in potatoes! And that, my friend, is all you need to start a sweet, sweet vodka enterprise.

Bench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 08:28 PM
  #124
Detroit Sports*
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 2,428
vCash: 500
Have the Red Wings ever had a black player? Not a prospect, like an everyday lineup guy?

Detroit Sports* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 08:28 PM
  #125
Pizzarena
Outta Waiver Stuff
 
Pizzarena's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Dan's House
Country: Norway
Posts: 983
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bench View Post
Ridiculous! Bench Bucks are worth their weight in potatoes! And that, my friend, is all you need to start a sweet, sweet vodka enterprise.
Legitimately funny

Pizzarena is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.