HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What do you expect for the season?

Closed Thread

Old
10-01-2003, 05:46 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
What do you expect for the season?

After reading the CBJ board. I thought I put the question here as to who do you think will improve over the season. I'm a true homer so here is my list.

David Legwand - will continue his pace preinjury last year and will be our first 70 point player.

Adam Hall - Knowing more of what to expect will help this hard working forward find the net more this year.

Scott Hartnell - Off season focus and determination will be enough to return him to his baby bull form, he's going to be a player to contend with this year. Look for his numbers and his physical play to increase.

Denis Arkhipov - may be the most improved numbers wise. Has Legwand offensive type talent and will show more this season.

Now you can't have just a list of positives. Here are my projections for slumps.

Orszagh - The third year slump sets its sites on Vlady

Greg Johnson - Will put average or just below numbers, not what you expect out of your Captain

Johanasson - just struggles staying healthy

The best thing about this year and most noticable thing will be the size and physical play we will have this year, Klouchek, Schnabel, Eaton and Allison are far bigger than the last year additions on defense on offense, although Pederson was phsical when he wasn't hurt and Wim was certainly gritty McKenzie and Tootoo will provide this team with the tough guy we've been trying to get and the spark plug this team needs.

Old
10-01-2003, 06:35 AM
darth5
Rowsdower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
After reading the CBJ board. I thought I put the question here as to who do you think will improve over the season. I'm a true homer so here is my list.
I am up for this exercise.

AJ - produce about same level of points, but not able to play in as many games as we would like.
Johnson - I also see a disappointing season points-wise from the captain
Leggy - agree with triggrman
Tootoo - will be an effective agitator with skill playing regularly, if not right away, before the season is over
Hamhuis - will surprise critics by his presence and level of play (if not immediately as soon as healthy)
Schnabel - will be too Hulse-like (bad wheels and positioning) to earn a steady spot
Upshall - will play half of the season (if not more) with Admirals mentally adjusting to the game
Erat - will return to his rookie year form if not better
Hartnell - will have his best performance points wise and physcially able to wreak havoc
Zidlicky - will be the biggest surprise as he ranges in the 12-15 goals, 30 points range and is very effective physically in the slot

The team will be extremely physical from top to bottom, with the addition of Mackenzie, Tootoo, and the retooling of the blue line. They will be the most fun to watch team out there. And I hope the locals support them by coming back to the GEC, win, lose, or draw...

Old
10-01-2003, 06:51 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

[QUOTE=triggrman]After reading the CBJ board. I thought I put the question here as to who do you think will improve over the season. I'm a true homer so here is my list.[QUOTE]

David Legwand - I think he collects a point/game this year and he plays the full 82 game schedule
Adam Hall - I'm thinking he gets about 45 points.
Scott Hartnell - I'm thinking somewhere in the 50 point range for Scott
Arkhipov - anything below 60 points is a disappointment
Orszagh - somewhere in the 40's
Johnson - I say Johnson gets 40
Johansson - 20-25 goals, 30-35 assists
Zidlicky - 40+ points
Timonen - 35+ points
York - 35+ points
Kloucek - doesn't let anyone and I mean ANYONE camp in front of Vokoun
Vokoun - finishes in the top 10 in GAA and SV %, maybe better if the defense gels faster than we expect.

Old
10-01-2003, 01:25 PM
BluesConvert

Neat exercise...

Legwand : We've seen pretty much all he's going to do. Look for last year's pace, extrapolated out over however many games he plays.

Walker : another reasonably healthy 20+ goal year. Wearing the Captain's C by end of this year, or beginning of next (whenever "next" is)

AJ : Finally stays healthy "enough" to make a serious run (and probably catch) at the 30 goal mark.

Tootoo : 29 cities will hate him. 1 will love him.

Hamhuis : Better than ANYONE thinks.

Zidlicky : Not as good (yet!) as anyone thinks. Rough first year, adjusting to the NHL.

Kloucek : Really is THAT much of an animal. And will prove it.

Arky : 2 years ago was his career year. Highly overrated.

Orszagh : Highly underrated, but still 1-2 years away from proving it.

Adam Hall : Biggest surprise in a Pred uniform. Will shock the league with glimpses of what he'll become in another year or so.

Vokoun : A solid top 10 goalie...no better, no worse than the reliable quality goalie we saw last year.

Hartnell : Finally ready to truly go off, and become a dominant hard nosed forward.

Erat : Puck Hog.

Biggest Surprises:

Greg Johnson won't be a Predator by the end of the season.

A Predator D-Man will make the All-Star game.

Jan Lassak. Still inconsistent, but will have games that just boggle the mind.

Old
10-01-2003, 01:31 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesConvert
Neat exercise...

Biggest Surprises:

Greg Johnson won't be a Predator by the end of the season.

I believe you're right there, if for no other reason than giving Tootoo his right number

Old
10-02-2003, 12:35 AM
Canadian Chris

vCash: 748
Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesConvert

Hamhuis : Better than ANYONE thinks.

I doubt that.....and what I mean by doubting that, is, I think he'll meet every expectation I have of him. But I hold him in an even higher regard then a lot of Nashville fans.

But yes, he will surprise, and be better than anyone that doesn't know him, or hasn't seen his game evolve over the past 5 years, minus last year other than clips I saw.

I think he can turn out to be a perrenial Allstar.....I can't wait. Nashville is SO lucky.

Closed Thread