HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Ottawa wants your top four defenseman

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-20-2013, 12:11 AM
  #51
pearcey
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 102
vCash: 500
To Ottawa
2nd rounder in 2014
Tom Gilbert
Dmitry Kulikov
Brad Boyes
Scott Clemmensen

To Florida
Mika Zibanejad
Matt Kassian
Chris Phillips
Joe Corvo

Trade Kassian so we don't have to play him anymore and trade Phillips because I am sick of seeing him on the powerplay and he is becoming more and more useless as the season's go by and his 3 mill cap hit needs to go to complete these trades. We are on a strict budget and he has to go.

The key to that trade is Clemmensen because after this trade we go ahead and do this trade

To Ottawa
Travis Hamonic
Michael Grabner
3rd rounder in 2014

To The Islanders
Craig Anderson
Patrick Wiercoich
Colin Greening
Eric Gryba

Total money taken on by these trades - 4.5mill + 6.9mill = 11.4mill

Total money given up by these trades - 5.4mill + 6.5mill = 11.9mill
(only counted 800K for Greening even though his contract goes up to 2.6 mill next year)

Overall leaving our team looking like this and keeping us below budget

Michalek - Spezza - Boyes
MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Conacher - Pageau - Grabner
Condra - Grant - Neil

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Hamonic
Kulikov/Boro - Gilbert

Lehner
Clemmensen

Overall we need to play from our positions of strength(depth at center and depth at Goaltending) to address our positions of weakness's which are depth scoring, Grabner and Boyes will help that along with our obvious weakness at defense. It hurts to lose Zibanejad but considering we have Spezza(30), Turris(24) and then Pageau(21) and Lazar(18) its safe to say we are sitting pretty even without Zibby down the middle.

Just to let everyone know the value probably isn't perfect on both of the trades.

pearcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 12:13 AM
  #52
mpp9
Registered User
 
mpp9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 20,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
You know, despite OP's request, there's a significant lack of "top-4" defenceman being offered around in this thread.

That being said, I'd still be up for discussing a "spare parts-for-spare parts" deal, where we'd send one of our excess forwards for one of your excess defencemen... as long as people can tone down their endowment effect bias a little before doing so.
Who are your "excess" forwards?

mpp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 12:14 AM
  #53
bert
Registered User
 
bert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontenacSens View Post
I would do that. Anyone else agree?
While its not a bad deal the sens need a legit top 3 guy to log minutes that plays the right side.

This has been evident for quite some time, Kevin Klein seems like the best fit. I know it will take a lot to get him so what would it take according to hf?

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 12:16 AM
  #54
Whizar
Registered User
 
Whizar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Bath/Edm/Winn/Cold
Country: Belarus
Posts: 15,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearcey View Post
To Ottawa
2nd rounder in 2014
Tom Gilbert
Dmitry Kulikov
Brad Boyes
Scott Clemmensen

To Florida
Mika Zibanejad
Matt Kassian
Chris Phillips
Joe Corvo

Trade Kassian so we don't have to play him anymore and trade Phillips because I am sick of seeing him on the powerplay and he is becoming more and more useless as the season's go by and his 3 mill cap hit needs to go to complete these trades. We are on a strict budget and he has to go.

The key to that trade is Clemmensen because after this trade we go ahead and do this trade

To Ottawa
Travis Hamonic
Michael Grabner
3rd rounder in 2014

To The Islanders
Craig Anderson
Patrick Wiercoich
Colin Greening
Eric Gryba

Total money taken on by these trades - 4.5mill + 6.9mill = 11.4mill

Total money given up by these trades - 5.4mill + 6.5mill = 11.9mill
(only counted 800K for Greening even though his contract goes up to 2.6 mill next year)

Overall leaving our team looking like this and keeping us below budget

Michalek - Spezza - Boyes
MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Conacher - Pageau - Grabner
Condra - Grant - Neil

Methot - Karlsson
Cowen - Hamonic
Kulikov/Boro - Gilbert

Lehner
Clemmensen

Overall we need to play from our positions of strength(depth at center and depth at Goaltending) to address our positions of weakness's which are depth scoring, Grabner and Boyes will help that along with our obvious weakness at defense. It hurts to lose Zibanejad but considering we have Spezza(30), Turris(24) and then Pageau(21) and Lazar(18) its safe to say we are sitting pretty even without Zibby down the middle.

Just to let everyone know the value probably isn't perfect on both of the trades.
Value is off imo Over paid in the first under in the second

Whizar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 12:18 AM
  #55
Whizar
Registered User
 
Whizar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Bath/Edm/Winn/Cold
Country: Belarus
Posts: 15,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Who are your "excess" forwards?
MM
Conacher
Greening
Zibby
Puempel
Hoffman
DaCosta
Prince
Stone
Lazar

Whizar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 12:19 AM
  #56
mpp9
Registered User
 
mpp9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 20,878
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesa Awesaka View Post
MM
Conacher
Greening
Zibby
Puempel
Hoffman
DaCosta
Prince
Stone
If Nisky and a late pick gets us Greening, then deal.

mpp9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 12:20 AM
  #57
KA BLAMO
.....
 
KA BLAMO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,139
vCash: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeySens View Post
Id be happy with trade around Spezza and edler
And then we can promptly start an "Ottawa wants your number one center" thread.

KA BLAMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 12:22 AM
  #58
Whizar
Registered User
 
Whizar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Bath/Edm/Winn/Cold
Country: Belarus
Posts: 15,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebolarama View Post
And then we can promptly start an "Ottawa wants your number one center" thread.
Dont kid yourself turris is our best center even though spezza has the more talent and skill. Turris is the future of this team not spezza.

Whizar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 12:22 AM
  #59
bert
Registered User
 
bert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebolarama View Post
And then we can promptly start an "Ottawa wants your number one center" thread.
Cowen and Spezza for Edler and Kesler. There now its fixed.

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 12:23 AM
  #60
Calad
Section 422
 
Calad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asquaredx2 View Post
We suck, but we're not gonna trade away one of our top-line players in a year when we don't have a first.

If anyone wants to give up a defenceman for a package, then we make good partners. But us giving up the centre-piece of a deal doesn't make any sense with the direction we're trying to take, however ill-advised it might be. So Spezza, Ryan, Zibanejad etc. are not going anywhere and I doubt Cowen will move either. Michalek, Conacher, and Greening, etc. are the roster players most likely on the table and then we have prospects that might sweeten the deal. Unfortunately there are also budget constraints that make this more difficult -- which is probably why a deal hasn't already been made.

Del Zotto would be I think a direction they might try to go depending on what NYR wants in return. I don't see the Sens giving up another big piece though -- they made their splash with Ryan.
If you're acquiring DZ, Zibanejad would have to be the main piece coming back. It's not like picking up the kid is a win-now mentality. He is a 23 year old defenseman who had a great couple years (sans his sophmore slump season) that is struggling this year and is stuck behind Ryan McDonagh and Marc Staal on the depth chart. Judging his ability based on the 15 or so games he has played this year, which are all out of position on the right side, is not smart.

Personally, I'd rather MDZ be given a shot to play decent minutes in his natural position before he gets moved, because as you can tell by all the slander being thrown around about him that his percieved value is not very high right now.

Calad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 12:23 AM
  #61
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Switzerland?
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpp9 View Post
Who are your "excess" forwards?
Not "excess" literally, but more "guys who we could afford to lose that wouldn't be creating a hole somewhere else (because we have too many players of that type, or we have replacements ready on the farm, etc...)".

- Conacher
- Greening
- Condra
- Kassian
- Grant
- DaCosta

Or, on the farm:
- Hoffman
- Petersson
- Dziurzynski
- Schneider
- Robinson
- Etc...

Prospects wouldn't be out of the question either, but there's no way we'd trade a Puempel/ Ceci/ Lazar for someone else's "excess" players. If they're in play, it's for a legit piece, not just a trade off for some other team's redundancies.

PS: you can have Kassian for free, if you want him. We don't even want a player back for him... well, at least I don't.

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 12:25 AM
  #62
bert
Registered User
 
bert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,298
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calad View Post
If you're acquiring DZ, Zibanejad would have to be the main piece coming back. It's not like picking up the kid is a win-now mentality. He is a 23 year old defenseman who had a great couple years (sans his sophmore slump season) that is struggling this year and is stuck behind Ryan McDonagh and Marc Staal on the depth chart. Judging his ability based on the 15 or so games he has played this year, which are all out of position on the right side, is not smart.

Personally, I'd rather MDZ be given a shot to play decent minutes in his natural position before he gets moved, because as you can tell by all the slander being thrown around about him that his percieved value is not very high right now.
Del Zotto makes no sense for the sens, he is a high risk young lefty we have plenty of that already.

The sens need a stay at home solid top 3 d man that is good in his own zone and can get the puck out that plays on the right side.

bert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 12:38 AM
  #63
Calad
Section 422
 
Calad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bert View Post
Del Zotto makes no sense for the sens, he is a high risk young lefty we have plenty of that already.

The sens need a stay at home solid top 3 d man that is good in his own zone and can get the puck out that plays on the right side.
Not for nothing but...

Quote:
Do you have a puck moving defenseman who can also play decent defense? Well, then, Ottawa is interested.
MDZ fits the bill perfectly here, maybe you and the OP disagree on the team's needs

Calad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 12:45 AM
  #64
Kezia
egg
 
Kezia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Kingston
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,858
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebolarama View Post
And then we can promptly start an "Ottawa wants your number one center" thread.
Spezza has regressed. He's no longer a #1 center. Luckily Turris is having a breakout season.

If the Sens can get an Edler for Spezza, you take it and run.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pearcey View Post
To Ottawa
2nd rounder in 2014
Tom Gilbert
Dmitry Kulikov
Brad Boyes
Scott Clemmensen

To Florida
Mika Zibanejad
Matt Kassian
Chris Phillips
Joe Corvo



To Ottawa
Travis Hamonic
Michael Grabner
3rd rounder in 2014

To The Islanders
Craig Anderson
Patrick Wiercoich
Colin Greening
Eric Gryba
1st one is a massive no.

2nd one is a massive yes. Except switch Wiercioch to Cowen.

Kezia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 12:47 AM
  #65
Nucker101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,568
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Flacko View Post
This works too.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Spezza-Kesler
Kassian-Santorelli-Hansen
Booth-Richardson-Weise



Umm...hell yeah sign me up!

Nucker101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 12:48 AM
  #66
MetalGodAOD*
Star Rangers
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 13,366
vCash: 500
What would you offer for Trevor Daley?

MetalGodAOD* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 12:49 AM
  #67
MISC*
Negged.
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,691
vCash: 500
Most Sens fans accept my:

Edler
Jensen
2nd

For

Spezza


Ill fax over the paperwork.

MISC* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 12:53 AM
  #68
Fraser Read
Registered User
 
Fraser Read's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Cairns
Country: Australia
Posts: 3,950
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MISC View Post
Most Sens fans accept my:

Edler
Jensen
2nd

For

Spezza


Ill fax over the paperwork.
Yea I'm on board with this too.

Fraser Read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 12:55 AM
  #69
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Switzerland?
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MISC View Post
Most Sens fans accept my:

Edler
Jensen
2nd

For

Spezza


Ill fax over the paperwork.
I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the proposed deal, but you're also going to have to be the one to convince Spezza to waive his NTC.

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 12:57 AM
  #70
Whizar
Registered User
 
Whizar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Bath/Edm/Winn/Cold
Country: Belarus
Posts: 15,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
I'm not saying I agree or disagree with the proposed deal, but you're also going to have to be the one to convince Spezza to waive his NTC.
He said he'd waive before. Maybe he would again

Whizar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 01:02 AM
  #71
Nucker101
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 2,568
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesa Awesaka View Post
He said he'd waive before. Maybe he would again

Yeah, what's so bad about Vancouver? He'd still get a ton of ice time, Torts barely plays the 4th line. City is beautiful. Unless it's just a matter of his family not wanting to move or him not wanting to play in the West. Would love to see him and Kesler together as a 1B line to the Sedins.

Nucker101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 01:02 AM
  #72
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Switzerland?
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vesa Awesaka View Post
He said he'd waive before. Maybe he would again
How long ago? You mean, during "The Great Cory Clouston Fire Sale", when literally everyone was fair game?

That was almost 3 years ago, and since then we've given him the "C". I'd say circumstances are a little different now. Not that he wouldn't waive, but you have to assume he's a little more invested in the team at the moment.

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 01:05 AM
  #73
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Switzerland?
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,005
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucker101 View Post
Yeah, what's so bad about Vancouver? He'd still get a ton of ice time, Torts barely plays the 4th line. City is beautiful. Unless it's just a matter of his family not wanting to move or him not wanting to play in the West. Would love to see him and Kesler together as a 1B line to the Sedins.
It wasn't a slam against Vancouver, but more that he was just named captain a few months ago, and might not want to waive for anyone.

I can't think of any precedent where a player has been asked to waive his NTC months after being named the team's captain.

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 01:07 AM
  #74
Whizar
Registered User
 
Whizar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Bath/Edm/Winn/Cold
Country: Belarus
Posts: 15,454
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucker101 View Post
Yeah, what's so bad about Vancouver? He'd still get a ton of ice time, Torts barely plays the 4th line. City is beautiful. Unless it's just a matter of his family not wanting to move or him not wanting to play in the West. Would love to see him and Kesler together as a 1B line to the Sedins.
What bonk said. He's married now and probably wants stability and is the captain. I think he would if he knew the sens didnt plan on resigning him when his contract is up though.

Whizar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 01:11 AM
  #75
Wizeman*
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,624
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MISC View Post
Most Sens fans accept my:

Edler
Jensen
2nd

For

Spezza


Ill fax over the paperwork.
The reason why is that Edler is 3 years younger, signed for 3 years longer on a cheaper cap hit. I am sure the Sens LOVE it.

I know you have to give to get, so I would offer the Edler and Jensen, but the 2nd is unnecessary and the Sens have to even out the cap hit. They pay $2 mil this year and next to even it out.

Wizeman* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.