HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Lights + Paramore last night = Habs beat the Wild 6-2 tonight!

Old
11-20-2013, 12:06 PM
habtastic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Unsung heroes: Moen and White. Don't underestimate the importance of an effective 4th line. Moen and White are a huge upgrade over Parros, Desharnais or whoever else was put on the 4th line as a punishment. It's a role that requires defensive skill, physical toughness and a bit of offense, which Moen and White bring almost every game.
Truly agree on what great games they had and combined with their roles. I remember White creating offensive chances like when he first came up and Moen was being the Moen who everyone generally agrees deserves his money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lshap View Post
Desharnais' two assists came as a result of two beautiful passes to Pacioretty. Gotta hand it to DD -- it goes to show how much of this game is fuelled by confidence.
Not that I in any way think that this was the definitive breakout-for-the-rest-of-the-season game for DD, but just to toot my own horn, my last comment about him (in his reverential thread) was that I can see him doing the right things and that I wouldn't be surprised if he suddenly popped that cherry of offensive suckitude. I just hope he keeps things in perspective. Also doesn't hurt that Max hit the f'in net this game. FTR, I DO think both him and PK looked hella serious post being involved in a goal scored for. Not sure if there IS actually something to it, but I did notice it big time (kind of how Patch looked when Brière scored 2 games before).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
My 4th star goes to Gallagher. He's the one that created space for MaxPac and DD by crashing the net. He might have only one assist but he had a lot of impact on that line... or any of the line he's playing for that matter. He's the proof that crashing the net is a very effective play in hockey.

No doubt, he's our best forward. I thought that at some point Eller and Chucky would eclipse him, but Brendan Gallagher IS the Habs for the past two seasons, and I will do the unspoken and compare him to Saku. Number doesn't hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrontierPsyCHiatrist View Post
Some says it was because Chuckie kind of stopped his celly, like he realized it wasn't the right timing halfway through, so that made Michel laugh.
I think it's cuz he got the pass off a deflection from Suter, but if you mean what I think you mean, I believe it is known as going "top titee" by a certain David Fischer. Incidentally, doing exactly that was my last post about Galchenyuk. (Hoping he would finally use that tool.)

How bout that Prust-Konopka fight. I didn't realize Prust tagged him that bad. Was it a G. Campbell elbow pad or did Prusty really just destroy him? Somehow I don't mind fighting as much when we come out on top.

Everyone saying Gio and Pleks are soft. I beg to disagree. Gio obviously always smashes into things, but even gansta throws his weight around these days and not to no avail. Been impressed with him. So wish Bourni got to play with them every game.

As for Subban's 'diving':

a) WTF was that non call on Cooke (seriously, do I need to remind everyone who we're talking about?) cork-screwing him. That was no dive. In fact, I thought he'd get a penalty for his reaction. I'm just glad he's ok and didn't suffer Markov's fate. (Or Karlsson's, or [insert countless players' names])

b) When he get tripped in the O zone, by the left boards. PK doesn't just go down and give up. If he gets tripped, he gets tripped. I totally don't agree with the argument that he's trying to draw penalties. I mean...what was the score?

I really do wonder what to do with Bourque now since I legit think he's a good player and has many uses. Until now, he had impressed me more than Pacioretty. (Who, due to confusion about who tipped the third one, didn't receive the hats for his hat trick)

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 12:14 PM
Runner77

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
a) WTF was that non call on Cooke (seriously, do I need to remind everyone who we're talking about?) cork-screwing him. That was no dive. In fact, I thought he'd get a penalty for his reaction. I'm just glad he's ok and didn't suffer Markov's fate. (Or Karlsson's, or [insert countless players' names])
FWIW, Ciccone on Le Match, claimed that the play is reviewable, since it puts a player in a vulnerable position when falling backwards and hitting his head against the ice, without being able to break his fall. Definite failure by the refs in not making the call.

Last edited by Runner77: 11-20-2013 at 12:34 PM. Reason: typo
Runner77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 12:31 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner77 View Post
FWIW, Ciccone on Le Match, claimed that the play is reviewable, since it puts a player in vulnerable position when falling backwards and hitting his head against the ice, without being able to break his fall. Definite failure by the refs in not making the call.
Nothing will come of it.. I've learned from the Cooke/Subban thread on the mainboard that the play is deemed fine because Subban does it all the time so he deserved it happening to him.. True story.

sheed36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 12:53 PM
JustAHabFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Nothing will come of it.. I've learned from the Cooke/Subban thread on the mainboard that the play is deemed fine because Subban does it all the time so he deserved it happening to him.. True story.
The hate on Subban from the mainboard is really pathetic.

JustAHabFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 01:15 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
The hate on Subban from the mainboard is really pathetic.
I thought it was getting somewhat better there of late but I quickly found out it really hasn't. It's sad and beyond pathetic at this point.

Old
11-20-2013, 02:21 PM
Tyrus
5 ft 8 in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
I thought it was getting somewhat better there of late but I quickly found out it really hasn't. It's sad and beyond pathetic at this point.
Oh please.

You posted a, in my opinion, pretty pointless thread on the main board with the premice that ''Cooke is pulling a Shakespear villain act on us''.

Of course, it was dangerous and should've probably been called as a penalty, but like the main board hapilly reminded you, there isn't a new thread made about it everytime Subban does the same thing (which they provided evidence he does). That was their main point, not a good thing to do, but no need to put a big neon sign on it when the victim does the same thing day in day out.

Make a thread that clearly goes nowhere about someone giving a bad hit to Cooke, people will tell you the same thing.

Tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 03:09 PM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
I need to write to the Antichambre and ask them WTF they put Markov the 3rd Star
I dunno if it was because I was at the game rather than watching it on TV, but my friends and I thought Markov diserved it. Subban was more spectacular and more productive statwise, but he made some strange plays, and some bad passes. Markov wasn't as flashy, but he was near perfect every single shift.

...and it's not a jab at Subban. He's by far Habs' best player.

I think right now (will be different in 1 or 2 years), this is the main difference between Subban and Markov. Subban is a game changer and a game breaker. He can win a game single handly. But sometimes he will make a dumb play or a bad decision. Markov is the steadiness.

It reminds me of the Kovalev-Plekanec duo the best year Kovalev had in Mtl. Kovalev was the game changer / gamebreaker, while Plekanec was the best player day in and day out.

Of course I prefer Subban! You don't find a star gamebreaker on defense quite often.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 03:11 PM
sheed36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrus View Post
Oh please.

You posted a, in my opinion, pretty pointless thread on the main board with the premice that ''Cooke is pulling a Shakespear villain act on us''.

Of course, it was dangerous and should've probably been called as a penalty, but like the main board hapilly reminded you, there isn't a new thread made about it everytime Subban does the same thing (which they provided evidence he does). That was their main point, not a good thing to do, but no need to put a big neon sign on it when the victim does the same thing day in day out.

Make a thread that clearly goes nowhere about someone giving a bad hit to Cooke, people will tell you the same thing.

I didn't start the thread on the mainboard but anyway. Since when does Subban do that day in day out? Yes he's done it before but you make it sound like he does the same play in every game which isn't true at all.

Last edited by sheed36: 11-20-2013 at 03:31 PM.
Old
11-20-2013, 03:35 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
I need to write to the Antichambre and ask them WTF they put Markov the 3rd Star
You need to find a job and stop worrying about things like that.

The Russian General is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 03:39 PM
Runner77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capitaine Gionta View Post
That post will get you a show on OWN: "Capitaine Gionta, Change my life!"

Old
11-20-2013, 03:45 PM
Runner77

oops, wrong thread.

Old
11-20-2013, 03:48 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner77 View Post
That post will get you a show on OWN: "Capitaine Gionta, Change my life!"

He said himself he needs a job. I wish him luck. Or to track Subway Girl.

Old
11-20-2013, 04:21 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 04:23 PM
PricePkPatch

Quote:

He said himself he needs a job. I wish him luck. Or to track Subway Girl.
*sigh* that I do.

If anyone knows any company that might need a financial analyst with quant specialization, lemme know, kk?

Old
11-20-2013, 05:12 PM
The n00b King
Kingin' since 2003

Quote:
*sigh* that I do.

If anyone knows any company that might need a financial analyst with quant specialization, lemme know, kk?
I hear BB is hurting for some help...

The n00b King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 05:36 PM
Zaide
I'm a renegade

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toshio View Post
Serious question.

The Subway girl or Eugenie Bouchard?
Eugénie AINEC.

Galchy you lucky man.

11-20-2013, 05:40 PM
Kimota
Nation of Poutine

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
Truly agree on what great games they had and combined with their roles. I remember White creating offensive chances like when he first came up and Moen was being the Moen who everyone generally agrees deserves his money.

Not that I in any way think that this was the definitive breakout-for-the-rest-of-the-season game for DD, but just to toot my own horn, my last comment about him (in his reverential thread) was that I can see him doing the right things and that I wouldn't be surprised if he suddenly popped that cherry of offensive suckitude. I just hope he keeps things in perspective. Also doesn't hurt that Max hit the f'in net this game. FTR, I DO think both him and PK looked hella serious post being involved in a goal scored for. Not sure if there IS actually something to it, but I did notice it big time (kind of how Patch looked when Brière scored 2 games before).

No doubt, he's our best forward. I thought that at some point Eller and Chucky would eclipse him, but Brendan Gallagher IS the Habs for the past two seasons, and I will do the unspoken and compare him to Saku. Number doesn't hurt.

I think it's cuz he got the pass off a deflection from Suter, but if you mean what I think you mean, I believe it is known as going "top titee" by a certain David Fischer. Incidentally, doing exactly that was my last post about Galchenyuk. (Hoping he would finally use that tool.)

How bout that Prust-Konopka fight. I didn't realize Prust tagged him that bad. Was it a G. Campbell elbow pad or did Prusty really just destroy him? Somehow I don't mind fighting as much when we come out on top.

Everyone saying Gio and Pleks are soft. I beg to disagree. Gio obviously always smashes into things, but even gansta throws his weight around these days and not to no avail. Been impressed with him. So wish Bourni got to play with them every game.

As for Subban's 'diving':

b) When he get tripped in the O zone, by the left boards. PK doesn't just go down and give up. If he gets tripped, he gets tripped. I totally don't agree with the argument that he's trying to draw penalties. I mean...what was the score?

I really do wonder what to do with Bourque now since I legit think he's a good player and has many uses. Until now, he had impressed me more than Pacioretty. (Who, due to confusion about who tipped the third one, didn't receive the hats for his hat trick)
Yea Plek and Gio are prety feisty. They didn't give a **** last night, three small guys and were not scared by anything.

Kimota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 05:47 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgy View Post
Pacioretty with a hat trick
Bournival, Briere and Galchenyuk with the rest.
A natural hat trick. Don't see those too often.

cphabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 05:53 PM
Bryson

Quote:
Originally Posted by cphabs View Post
A natural hat trick. Don't see those too often.
Yep and all in the same period too!

Bryson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 05:54 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kassian View Post
Why did a landwhale makes its way into my laptop's screen? Anyone?
Call it foreshadowing "Kassian".

Old
11-20-2013, 05:57 PM
cphabs
It complels you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryson View Post
Yep and all in the same period too!
Even better. It is something special any way you look at it. Not too many players in the history of the NHL, or ice hockey, can claim that!

Old
11-20-2013, 05:58 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaide View Post
Eugénie AINEC.

Galchy you lucky man.
Eugénie is pretty but she's getting pretty overrated in here. I'd take Subway girl.

Old
11-20-2013, 07:58 PM
PricePkPatch

Btw, I just realized I haven't seen Dumba yesterday. Was he playing?

Old
11-20-2013, 08:04 PM
The Russian General
Go Habs Go

Non.

Old
11-20-2013, 08:05 PM
PricePkPatch