HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Nino Niederreiter to MTL

Closed Thread

Old
11-22-2013, 10:57 AM
TT1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by roon View Post
You can just have Heatley...don't even need anything in return.
we dont want heatley , were just relieving you of his contract~

Old
11-22-2013, 11:20 AM
Engebretson
I WANT HOLYFIELD!!!!

vCash: 1000
Given his play thus far this season, Nino isn't going anywhere right now barring an overpayment. Doesn't make sense for the Wild to trade him now unless they know he doesn't have a future here (which doesn't look to be the case).

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
we dont want heatley , were just relieving you of his contract~
If Heatley reverts to the way he played at the beginning of the season, you'd be relieving us of a lot of sleepless nights, our drinking problems and his contract.

Old
11-22-2013, 11:27 AM
Flair Hay

vCash: 50
Another thread with the Habs talking about someone else's young power forward. Would I be wrong if I assumed this was multiple pages of crap...?

Old
11-22-2013, 11:38 AM
Feintastic

You guys makes me laught with all ur stupid proposal, the Wild just got him they wont trade him.

Bergevin missed the boat on this one, its too late. I mean... Clutterbuck... Bergevin could offer more than that, come on.

Washed up Parros, Murray and Brière... That's how u improve a team, take notes kidz !!

Old
11-22-2013, 11:59 AM
Four Boilermakers
Sea Bass said that?

Classic HF thread:

Step 1. Propose trade for desirable player. Offer some mediocre pieces your team doesn't need.
Step 2. Get negative reactions from fans of other team, who tell you that the trade would "start with" one of your best players.
Step 3. Claim that other team's player sucks and isn't worth much, despite the fact that your desire to acquire him would indicate otherwise.

Old
11-22-2013, 12:23 PM
tomthestone*

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadienShark View Post
Not to be rude, but not even remotely close. Suter gets the conversation started. Parise gets the conversation started. Those two do not come close.
You conveniently omitted the part where I called the idea of Nino + Dumba being enough to start the conversation on Subban a "video game pipedream." I'm also aware the Wild would still need to add more weight than just those two in order to bring home a bear like PK.

Suter obviously will never be traded, and especially not for another elite defender. Parise likely won't ever be shipped out of Minnesota either, but personally I'd move him for a player of Subban's caliber.

Old
11-22-2013, 02:10 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomthestone View Post
You conveniently omitted the part where I called the idea of Nino + Dumba being enough to start the conversation on Subban a "video game pipedream." I'm also aware the Wild would still need to add more weight than just those two in order to bring home a bear like PK.

Suter obviously will never be traded, and especially not for another elite defender. Parise likely won't ever be shipped out of Minnesota either, but personally I'd move him for a player of Subban's caliber.
Ah, my mistake then. I didn't notice that part. Of course neither Suter nor Parise will ever move barring some strange circumstances - they signed there for a reason. I was just talking about value in that comment.

Old
11-22-2013, 02:50 PM
Digitalbooya
Wisco hockey! 1-1-3!

Quote:
Not to be rude, but not even remotely close. Suter gets the conversation started. Parise gets the conversation started. Those two do not come close.
Da**** did I just read!? Honestly Suter's value to the Wild (plays 27-30 min. of defensively sound hockey and is a big reason the Wild have allowed so few of shots) is equal to Subban's value to the Habs (scores TONS of points, physical, a pest). They are equally important to each respective team. The wild would want Subban+ for Suter and the Habs would want Suter+ for Subban. Know what I mean?

As for Nino, he won't be traded unless it is major overpayment and I don't see the Habs doing that. He is figuring things out and I want the Wild to hold on to him for a long time.

Cheers

Old
11-22-2013, 02:54 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digitalbooya View Post
Da**** did I just read!? Honestly Suter's value to the Wild (plays 27-30 min. of defensively sound hockey and is a big reason the Wild have allowed so few of shots) is equal to Subban's value to the Habs (scores TONS of points, physical, a pest). They are equally important to each respective team. The wild would want Subban+ for Suter and the Habs would want Suter+ for Subban. Know what I mean?

As for Nino, he won't be traded unless it is major overpayment and I don't see the Habs doing that. He is figuring things out and I want the Wild to hold on to him for a long time.

Cheers
Of course you'd want Subban+ if we were making an offer. I realize that there's not a chance you'll trade him. I posted a response to another poster who quoted my post as well, which explained my thoughts. I was just speaking from the Habs perspective.

Old
11-22-2013, 03:21 PM
Digitalbooya
Wisco hockey! 1-1-3!

Quote:
Of course you'd want Subban+ if we were making an offer. I realize that there's not a chance you'll trade him. I posted a response to another poster who quoted my post as well, which explained my thoughts. I was just speaking from the Habs perspective.
Okay. I just don't want this thread to turn into another Subban vs Suter thread. I'm sick of those

Old
11-22-2013, 04:03 PM
BuddyMcCormick

Quote:
Okay. I just don't want this thread to turn into another Subban vs Suter thread. I'm sick of those
So.... Subban v. Suter. Go!

More seriously, I think he could fetch a late first rounder, or something equivalent.

Old
11-22-2013, 04:24 PM
CanadienShark

Quote:
Agreed. They're both elite defenceman and neither of us would trade one for the other.

Old
11-22-2013, 05:50 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs03 View Post
Are you guys crazy

IF, and like you said unrealistically, if there was deal for Nino to Mtl, value wise it would be closer to around maybe a deal Gorges.
yes, obviously some of us are.
Nino's upside is worth more than anything the Habs would (sanely) part with I'm afraid. We could flip him for more than we gave up but I don't see the point because if we shipped him out we'd just be looking for another big skilled forward. Wild had Nino high on their board his draft year--the organization is confident he will develop the way they thought he would despite the rocky start with the Islanders organization. If he does pan out, age considered he will be worth as much as anyone on the Habs not named Subban. This is a case where his potential is worth more to the team holding him than it would be to the team inquiring.

Old
11-23-2013, 03:35 AM
Rando Strange
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

No reason for Minnesota to trade Nino. Unless it is for a definite upgrade to our team. He's played very well for us. As much as I liked Clutterbuck, we got NN for a steal. No realistic trade to be made.

As far as the Suter vs. Subban thing. Monty fans like PK; Minny fans like Suter. Both great players, so why does their need to be these silly little "mine is better" p***ing contests. Who cares? Let it go.

Old
11-23-2013, 03:51 AM
Rando Strange
R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absent Canuck View Post
I think both defense men are great but consider this:

Subban is 5 years younger than Suter, gets paid a hell of a lot less and already has a Norris trophy. If the Canadiens offered you a direct swap, the idea that you would refuse would make you a liar.
Was my ambivalence to the Suter/Subban debate unclear?

Old
11-23-2013, 04:07 AM
KarmaPolice
Antics

vCash: 8069
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
Quote:
Minny fleeced the Islanders for Nino and they are going to keep him.
If they were smart they certainly would.

Old
11-23-2013, 05:02 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wings95 View Post
Wow so he has done a complete turn around and ita worth an established top six forward or a good Dman?
point taken, but subban a good dman?

Last edited by MasterDecoy: 11-23-2013 at 05:15 AM.
Old
11-23-2013, 06:21 AM
wings95

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post
Yea IMO he is a good one, top ten, probably but I am not a big fan of his defensive game.

Old
11-23-2013, 06:40 AM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
Classic HF thread:

Step 1. Propose trade for desirable player. Offer some mediocre pieces your team doesn't need.
Step 2. Get negative reactions from fans of other team, who tell you that the trade would "start with" one of your best players.
Step 3. Claim that other team's player sucks and isn't worth much, despite the fact that your desire to acquire him would indicate otherwise.
Step 4. Rinse and repeat on multiple threads until you have 5000 posts and consider yourself a HF God.

Old
11-23-2013, 08:31 AM
LordFletcher

Quote:

Subban is 5 years younger than Suter, gets paid a hell of a lot less and already has a Norris trophy. If the Canadiens offered you a direct swap, the idea that you would refuse would make you a liar.
I completely understand this argument, but I don't think the Wild would ever consider trading Suter as his importance to the club is greater than anyone else's. PK is younger and puts up points (his contract will soon match Suter as for cap hit), but the Wild need a minute killer and shut down positional defenseman, which is exactly what Suter brings. Also, I think the idea of having Suter in the locker room over PK to develop the youth and culture of this team goes a long way as well. I don't think anyone is worried about Suters contract as much as Parise's. Suter can play well into the later years of his deal but Parise (forward) will eventually slow down and put up less points. Paying Parise 7.5 to score 35 points a year when he is 38 is going to be frustrating. Hopefully we'll have another round of buyouts in 11 years

Back to the OP and Nino. Nino isn't going to be traded any time soon but I do think the Wild would consider moving him for any overpayment. right now Nino is developing and really becoming a pest as a power forward, something the Wild do not have. Seeing as he can be re-signed for a pretty fair cap hit, I see no reason to why the Wild would look to move him as they would need to replace him (the exact same type of skater) and that wouldn't be easy... unless Ottawa wants to send us Bobby Ryan

Old
11-23-2013, 02:59 PM
jacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by grN1g View Post
Starts with one of Subban/Pacs/Gallagher/Galchenyuk
Oh i didn't realize we were going after one of Brodin/Suter

Old
11-23-2013, 03:00 PM
Draft

Well, I would have traded Prust for him while we had the chance.

Old
11-23-2013, 03:06 PM
jacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterDecoy View Post

No. Just a Norris winner.Maybe your team will have one someday.

Old
11-23-2013, 09:14 PM
LordFletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuddyMcCormick View Post
So.... Subban v. Suter. Go!

More seriously, I think he could fetch a late first rounder, or something equivalent.
by the end of the year, I think Nino could fetch a top 5-10 pick but I don't think the Wild want picks at this point. Nino is exactly what the Wild need. He is turning into the player he was projected as. I wouldn't be shocked to see him have near 50 points by season end, 60 points next year and who knows going forward. He is only getting better and playing bigger.

Old
11-23-2013, 09:22 PM
HDZx

Quote:

Guess what? I would refuse PK for Suter. Suter is better defensively, secured on our team and got robbed of the norris.

Closed Thread