HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Montreal - Philadelphia

Old
11-19-2013, 10:31 PM
BigHabs

vCash: 500
Montreal - Philadelphia

Nathan Beaulieu
Douglas Murray
Sebastian Collberg

Brayden Schenn
5th round pick'15

Last edited by BigHabs: 11-19-2013 at 10:40 PM.
BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 10:38 PM
Ezpz
No mad pls

Yikes. Wouldn't give any of those pieces for Schenn. Guy is not an NHLer.

Ezpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 10:39 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

I hope the OP meant Brayden Schenn...

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 10:39 PM
BigHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
I hope the OP meant Brayden Schenn...
LOL I did sorry guys. Last thing we need is another dman that's why I was moving 2 of them so Tinordi could come up.

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 11:03 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peso View Post

Nathan Beaulieu
Douglas Murray
Sebastian Collberg

Brayden Schenn
5th round pick'15
Pass. Schenn has more value than Simmonds and in the other thread it was Beaulieu + 1st for Simmonds + 3rd. I can't see why we'd give up a better player and get less in return.

Honestly, even as high as I am on Nat, this is an easy pass. Probably and easier pass for us than when the op had Luke in it instead of Braydon

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 11:04 PM
Philadelphia Ducks
Win it for Ed

No thanks. Our team has just started gelling and playing well, no looking to move a major piece of our offense at this point.

Philadelphia Ducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 11:32 PM
Krishna

vCash: 50
No one wants murray

Krishna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 12:49 AM
Wiqkid*

Awful.

Wiqkid* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 01:35 AM
Spearmint Rhino

Our highest ranked fwd & D prospect, both with 1st line potential, for a good but average player, I'd rather take the chance on our prospects

Spearmint Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 02:05 AM
phlocky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearmint Rhino View Post
Our highest ranked fwd & D prospect, both with 1st line potential, for a good but average player, I'd rather take the chance on our prospects
You do realize that at the same age that Schenn was much higher regarded than either of your top prospects and he has improved every season in the NHL right? Of the 3 Schenn will most likely end up the better player.

By your assessment you wouldn't trade Seth Jones and Forsberg for either Stamkos or Taveres when they were just 140 games into their NHL careers since at that time neither of them had become elite players.

I'll tell you what, since in your mind prospects who have yet to prove anything >>> young players still improving and yet to reach their peak, we'll trade you Cousins and Morin, our top forward and defensive prospects for Galchenyuk.

Last edited by phlocky: 11-20-2013 at 02:10 AM.
phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 03:32 AM
RawNastyHands

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlocky View Post
You do realize that at the same age that Schenn was much higher regarded than either of your top prospects and he has improved every season in the NHL right? Of the 3 Schenn will most likely end up the better player.

By your assessment you wouldn't trade Seth Jones and Forsberg for either Stamkos or Taveres when they were just 140 games into their NHL careers since at that time neither of them had become elite players.

I'll tell you what, since in your mind prospects who have yet to prove anything >>> young players still improving and yet to reach their peak, we'll trade you Cousins and Morin, our top forward and defensive prospects for Galchenyuk.
Schenn is far from being as valuable as Galchenyuk 1st of all. and 2nd you're comparison on Schenn is way out of hand imo. Schenn is good but he's far from being proved Elite caliber. you really don't know who Beaulieu and Collberg is. if you would i think you would consider it. tell you the truth i don't even want to touch Collberg. the bars are really high on him and from what im hearing he's going to be a great player. he has that Alfredsson style of play in him which a lot of Scouts like and i was surprised he's been drafted in the 2nd round. anyways im not trying to make Collberg look like a superstar here but ive seen the kid play and i really dont mind keeping him over Schenn. imo i think his sealing is higher and he will become the better player just by the way he plays but sometimes it takes a bit more time for these players to adjust to North American ice and Style. we'll see in a couple of years

RawNastyHands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 05:15 AM
jacks*

Quote:
Pass. Schenn has more value than Simmonds and in the other thread it was Beaulieu + 1st for Simmonds + 3rd. I can't see why we'd give up a better player and get less in return.

Honestly, even as high as I am on Nat, this is an easy pass. Probably and easier pass for us than when the op had Luke in it instead of Braydon
Well there goes any credibility you had all in one post.Anyone that wouldn't trade
Luke Schenn for Nathan Beaulieu,Douglas Murray and Collberg shouldn't be commenting on anything related to hockey.

jacks* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 05:15 AM
jacks*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philadelphia Ducks View Post
No thanks. Our team has just started gelling and playing well, no looking to move a major piece of our offense at this point.
That's very understandable.

Old
11-20-2013, 05:20 AM
TheKingPin

Yea schenn has started to look good and finish. He seems to be getting more of a drive. He's not the type of player to step in and light it up right away.

Plus we have several D prospects that will start to enter the league over the next few years. Even morin I think is putting up more pts than he did last year.

TheKingPin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 06:27 AM
dats81

Besides value that trade would never go down with the Flyers already carrying 8 defenseman and Gervais buried in the minors.

Take out Murray and add a pick at least to have something to start from...

dats81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 07:47 AM
Azir
What's your point?

Flyers pass.

Azir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 08:06 AM
Blind Gardien
nexus of the crisis

Beaulieu and Collberg are good prospect value... not sure Philly has any use for Murray, they are not getting Gill into the lineup at all, for example...

... anyway, I'd be fine with Beaulieu and Collberg for Schenn from the Habs' POV.

Beaulieu should carry most of the value from the Habs' side... he is coming along very nicely as a bigger PMD who can play with some physicality. Great physical tools, somewhat lacking in terms of mental tools, but not to the point that it jeopardizes his ability to be a top defender IMHO. He could play in the NHL today, he has shown well in his cameos. But the Habs are rightly taking a more patient approach and letting him work on his overall game with bigger minutes in Hamilton.

Collberg is more of a wildcard IMHO... he had a lot of draft day press but has had trouble getting a jump playing in the SEL at a young age. If he makes it, it's probably as one of those 2nd-liner type offense-only guys, a soft 20-30 goals, the kind of player you sometimes can make use of, but isn't really a valuable commodity in the NHL overall. He would need more of a breakthrough in his development and become a more dangerous offensive threat in order to carry higher value - not impossible, but probably not something to really pin one's hopes on at this point.

Last edited by Blind Gardien: 11-20-2013 at 08:12 AM.
Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 08:12 AM
tony d
Ocean Spray

That's a little bit of an overpayment there if you ask me for Schenn.

11-20-2013, 08:14 AM
dilbert719

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacks View Post
Well there goes any credibility you had all in one post.Anyone that wouldn't trade
Luke Schenn for Nathan Beaulieu,Douglas Murray and Collberg shouldn't be commenting on anything related to hockey.
While we're on the subject of credibility, anyone who thinks Brayden Schenn is his brother Luke shouldn't be commenting on others' credibility, or lack thereof.

dilbert719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 05:56 PM
jacks*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert719 View Post
While we're on the subject of credibility, anyone who thinks Brayden Schenn is his brother Luke shouldn't be commenting on others' credibility, or lack thereof.
Maybe you should learn to read before making statments that make you look like a complete idiot.

It was said

[ Probably and easier pass for us than when the op had Luke in it instead of Braydon ]

That statment is claiming that the Flyers would have also passed an offer of
Nathan Beaulieu,Douglas Murray and Collberg for L.Schenn which would be totally ridicules.

Old
11-20-2013, 07:00 PM
TT1

vCash: 934
Quote:

more like laughton and morin for eller

TT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 07:11 PM
Tripod

Are Philly trying to make the playoffs this year? YES!

So why would they trade their 2nd line RW who is leading the team in points for a D-man who TODAY, can not out play Diaz or Boullion and a recent 2nd round pick who might play next year or later.

Tripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 08:42 PM
Drydenwasthebest

Quote:

Not to be a jerk, but you do realize that Galchenyuk's produced more points in his 1st season as an 18 year old than Schenn did by 10, right? As a 19 year old, Galchenyuk is keeping pace with Schenn in total points and is defensively superior, as well. Already. At the age of 19. After missing an entire season of development due to injury. So, no, Laughton and Morin do not get you Galchenyuk as a "comparable" to Beaulieu+ for B. Schenn.

Drydenwasthebest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 08:58 PM
CanadianSharks

Errr, I'd rather not. I don't think Philly would either. Not giving up Beaulieu for that. We need him. I'd rather keep Collberg as well. We don't need Schenn at all.

CanadianSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 09:06 PM
CanadianSharks

Quote:
That's not even a remotely comparable situation, FYI.

CanadianSharks is offline   Reply With Quote