HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game #21|Thu., Nov. 21, 2013|Sabres at Flyers |7:00 p.m. ET

Closed Thread

Old
11-21-2013, 11:46 AM
BernieParent

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiesenberg View Post
Writers suggesting that Emery is in tonight.
Bad, bad move. Emery is not the right choice for this game! I don't like his lack of mobility against the young Sabres, and this could mess up what should be a convincing win!!!

(shhh, it worked last time)

Old
11-21-2013, 11:54 AM
Appleyard
HFB Partner

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiScreamingEagles View Post

2. The Sabres had an optional skate today but this appears to be their scratch list tonight. Which means Scott and Grigorenko are playing. The line combos/ D pairings could change because of their personal changes yesterday and the optional skate today.
  • Brian Flynn | available | not expected to play
  • Mark Pysyk | available | not expected to play
  • Corey Tropp | available | not expected to play

3. Agreed.
Pysyk is not playing? Is he injured or something and the have not released it yet, ill?

In the ~4 Buffaslug games that I have seen he has been along with Ehrhoff their best D men. The few games of him I saw last year he looked solid as well... not as good as this year but looked like a 4/5 then at a young age.

He seemed on of the only bright spots for them, a young d man playing a lot of mins consistently, plays top PK and 2nd PP.

Him and Ehrhoff looked like the only guys who belonged in an NHL top 4 in the games I saw... Tallinder and Myers were the next best and some way back from those two.

Old
11-21-2013, 12:02 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

vCash: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by Appleyard View Post
Pysyk is not playing? Is he injured or something and the have not released it yet, ill?

In the ~4 Buffaslug games that I have seen he has been along with Ehrhoff their best D men. The few games of him I saw last year he looked solid as well... not as good as this year but looked like a 4/5 then at a young age.

He seemed on of the only bright spots for them, a young d man playing a lot of mins consistently, plays top PK and 2nd PP.

Him and Ehrhoff looked like the only guys who belonged in an NHL top 4 in the games I saw... Tallinder and Myers were the next best and some way back from those two.
No health-related reason was issued but he was one of three taking extra ice time today following the optional skate. One of the d-man has to be scratched since the recall Brayden McNabb is playing. From the Buffalo News account, Ted Nolan said it was a matter of consistency in play for the three healthy scratches.

Old
11-21-2013, 12:13 PM
Appleyard
HFB Partner

Quote:
No health-related reason was issued but he was one of three taking extra ice time today following the optional skate. One of the d-man has to be scratched since the recall Brayden McNabb is playing. From the Buffalo News account, Ted Nolan said it was a matter of consistency in play for the three healthy scratches.
Wow, that is pretty mad... I was upset when the Flyers scratched Schenn, and to me it seemed there was far more reason to scratch Schenn than Pysyk...

Weber would be the guy I would be scratching... looked out of his depth each time I see him play, like flat out awful/laughable... which is pretty bad seeing as he is seemingly being constantly sheltered and playing the least minutes... yet he is getting rewarded by being put on the first pairing.

I should not be so annoyed at this as it helps the Flyers more... but it seems pretty unjust to me.

Maybe I have seen games where he was really good... but just looked at the advanced stats as well... and they seem to show he has been the best Buffalo D man overall alongside Ehrhoff.

Old
11-21-2013, 12:17 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Wow, that is pretty mad... I was upset when the Flyers scratched Schenn, and to me it seemed there was far more reason to scratch Schenn than Pysyk...

Weber would be the guy I would be scratching... looked out of his depth each time I see him play... which is pretty bad seeing as he is seemingly being constantly sheltered and playing the least minutes... yet he is getting rewarded by being put on the first pairing.

I should not be so annoyed at this as it helps the Flyers more... but it seems pretty unjust to me.

Maybe I have seen games where he was really good... but just looked at the advanced stats as well... and they seem to show he has been the best Buffalo D man overall alongside Ehrhoff.
The article mentioned Pysyk was -3 against the Blues in the last game. It could be a new coach trying to assert control. Reggie Leach was scratched immediately under Bob McCammon -- granted that was an aging veteran and a different scenario -- after he became the new head coach coach late in the 1982 season.

Old
11-21-2013, 12:22 PM
Appleyard
HFB Partner

Quote:
The article mentioned Pysyk was -3 against the Blues in the last game. It could be a new coach trying to assert control. Reggie Leach was scratched immediately under Bob McCammon -- granted that was an aging veteran and a different scenario -- after he became the new head coach coach late in the 1982 season.
Yeh, I suppose that would makes sense... in a way.

I know if I was Ehrhoff though I would be pissed off I had to play with Weber now... the guy is an AHL d man, maybe a #6-#7 at best.

Old
11-21-2013, 12:28 PM
MiamiScreamingEagles
Global Moderator
A Fistful of Dollars

Quote:
Yeh, I suppose that would makes sense... in a way.

I know if I was Ehrhoff though I would be pissed off I had to play with Weber now... the guy is an AHL d man, maybe a #6-#7 at best.
The only pairing I saw mentioned as concrete is Jamie McBain and Brayden McNabb. I am not sure if the other two pairs will change. Yesterday, there was a rotation of personnel at D and today was an optional skate.

Old
11-21-2013, 12:28 PM
TheKingPin

This MAY BE a game that is tough to get up for. Really need G to set the tone early with a hard working high energy first shift. I like that emery is getting te start. Mason doesn't look tired but you get the sense that he may be a little over worked.

Old
11-21-2013, 12:57 PM
Garbage Goal

For what it's worth, I read other teams PGDT's just to get a sense of what's going on with the teams around the league (and because I revel in the misery of opposing fans) and at least after the last Buffalo loss people were saying Psysk has been bad as of late.

Not saying Weber deserves to play more, but just passing along what I've heard.

Old
11-21-2013, 01:53 PM
orangecrush8

I wanna see Jake and G go to work tonight.

Both have been excellent as of late and tonight I expect no less than a fantastic performance against an inferior team.

Old
11-21-2013, 02:09 PM
Striiker
Orange and Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPin View Post
This MAY BE a game that is tough to get up for. Really need G to set the tone early with a hard working high energy first shift. I like that emery is getting te start. Mason doesn't look tired but you get the sense that he may be a little over worked.
I don't think so. I think they realize how important every single game is right now and that'll be enough motivation. They're on quite a roll right now, no reason to let up.

And I'd love to see Giroux have a 3+ point night too. They're going to get a lot of shots against the Sabres, it's just going to be whether or not the hit the net and beat Miller.

Old
11-21-2013, 03:23 PM
start winnin
NO MORE TANK BOYS

vCash: 50
Quote:

Weber would be the guy I would be scratching... looked out of his depth each time I see him play, like flat out awful/laughable... which is pretty bad seeing as he is seemingly being constantly sheltered and playing the least minutes... yet he is getting rewarded by being put on the first pairing.

He has the flu I think, plus he's been having a bit of a rough patch so it could be both.

But yeah, Pysyk has probably been our best defenseman this year and I agree Weber is not even a NHL defenseman.

Old
11-21-2013, 03:24 PM
King Forsberg
16 21 28 44 68 88 93

vCash: 200
Giroux has a history of scoring some really nice goals against Buffalo. Hope he continues that trend tonight. Same with Couturier and Hartnell.

Old
11-21-2013, 03:39 PM
BWAVgal
We want Provorov

vCash: 50
We should win this easily.

Old
11-21-2013, 03:52 PM
Appleyard
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop Winnin View Post
He has the flu I think, plus he's been having a bit of a rough patch so it could be both.

But yeah, Pysyk has probably been our best defenseman this year and I agree Weber is not even a NHL defenseman.
A bit of flu at least makes me think you guys are not tanking already! ;p

Weber on the 1st pairing though is crazy... I would not be surprised if Ehrhoff contracts flu in the next two hours to avoid that awful fate.

Pysyk, Myers, Risto and Zadorov has the potential to be a crazily good top 4 in a few years. So long as Myers can get back to his best.

Old
11-21-2013, 04:03 PM
TheKingPin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striiker View Post
I don't think so. I think they realize how important every single game is right now and that'll be enough motivation. They're on quite a roll right now, no reason to let up.

And I'd love to see Giroux have a 3+ point night too. They're going to get a lot of shots against the Sabres, it's just going to be whether or not the hit the net and beat Miller.
Thats what im hoping too but there have been a few games where we have lost two goal leads recently. Hoping its not a sign of complacency. If we come out and crush these guy then we will know their heads are in the right place.

Old
11-21-2013, 04:14 PM
Prongo
Beer

Lots of scouts in the building tonight.

https://twitter.com/DStrehleTFP/stat...42955749421056

Quote:
Scouts @ tonight's #Flyers - #Sabres game: Scott Mellanby & Mark Mowers (MTL) Peter Dineen (CBJ) Shawn Dineen (NAS) Ryan Stewart (CHI) (1/2)(Scouts in PHI 2/2) Frank Effinger (PHO) Rob Laird (LAK) Dave Baseggio (ANA) Jason Rowe (SJS) Mark Howe (DET)
Mr. Mellanby taking in another game.

Old
11-21-2013, 04:45 PM
Prongo
Beer

Also seems the Sabres have never lead going into the first intermission, we better jump out hard and fast.

Old
11-21-2013, 04:56 PM
Flyerfan4life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Also seems the Sabres have never lead going into the first intermission, we better jump out hard and fast.
UGH, that pretty much quarentees them doing so tonite...

Old
11-21-2013, 05:19 PM
LegionOfDoom91

I'll be pretty disappointed if we can't beat up on the lowly Sabres tonight.

Old
11-21-2013, 05:28 PM
Flying

well, it worked last game, so:

Ravioli ravioli Giroux please score a goalioli

Old
11-21-2013, 05:29 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Good to see the Newfoundlander Luke Adam back in the NHL.

Hopefully he sticks.

Having said that, kick the lowly Sabres ass!

Old
11-21-2013, 05:31 PM
dingbathero
No Jam? How about PB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prongo View Post
Lots of scouts in the building tonight.

https://twitter.com/DStrehleTFP/stat...42955749421056

Mr. Mellanby taking in another game.
Myers for....

They, I think, are looking at the Sabres with the new management in place.

Old
11-21-2013, 05:32 PM
Appleyard
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
Good to see the Newfoundlander Luke Adam back in the NHL.

Hopefully he sticks.

Having said that, kick the lowly Sabres ass!
I am going to be dissapointed if no win comes tonight.

Sabres have 2 wins in regulation and overtime... in 23 games.

Old
11-21-2013, 05:33 PM
Prongo
Beer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dingbathero View Post
Myers for....

They, I think, are looking at the Sabres with the new management in place.
Probably, just interesting to note that Montreal big heads are taking in the game again. Head of player personnel and Pro scout for the east here.

Closed Thread