HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Vancouver Canucks Shakeup: VAN-NYR, VAN -EDM

Old
11-19-2013, 10:39 PM
Red Haired Shanks

vCash: 500
Vancouver Canucks Shakeup: VAN-NYR, VAN -EDM

Trade #1: Vancouver trades D Alex Edler, RW Jannik Hansen and a conditional 2015 2nd round draft pick* to NYR for D Michael Del Zotto and RW Ryan Callahan.
*condition is if Callahan re-signs with Van

Van: Torts gets a couple guys that know his system. Callahan is a heart and soul player much like Hansen but better and more of a top 6 than a top 9. Del Zotto was a healthy scratch for a couple days, he may be on the trading block.

NYR: AV gets a couple guys who know his system. Hansen is a hard worker but not quite as good as Callahan. Edler is a better more complete defenseman than Del Zotto, that can add toughness to their back end.

Trade #2: Vancouver trades D Chris Tanev, C Brendan Gaunce and/or RW Nicklas Jensen and a 2014 1st round draft pick to Edmonton for RW Nail Yakupov

Van: We get a young dynamic goal scorer to help us with the goal scoring woes. Yak was scratch a few times and if the rumors are true hes not happy there.

Edm: They get one of our most reliable defenseman. Tanev has been as steady as they come, playing a mistake free game. Gaunce is a tough two way centerman and a great leader. Edmonton needs more toughness in the lineup Gaunce can add that and he should be ready to step up as soon as next season. Same goes with Jensen except hes more of a goal scorer and may need another season in the AHL to round out his game. and the 1st for this year gives them more options.

get rid of LW David Booth, trade, waivers buyout whatever.

Roster

Daniel Sedin-Henrik Sedin-Nail Yakupov
Alex Burrows- Ryan Kesler-Ryan Callahan
Chris Higgins-Mike Santorelli-Zack Kassian
Tom Sestito-Brad Richardson-Dale Weise
Zac Dalpe

Dan Hamhuis-Jason Garrison
Michael Del Zotto-Kevin Bieksa
Ryan Stanton-Frank Corrado
Andrew Alberts
Yannick Weber

Roberto Luongo
Eddie Lack

Last edited by Red Haired Shanks: 11-19-2013 at 10:54 PM.
Red Haired Shanks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 10:55 PM
Virtanev
+

vCash: 50
No thanks to the first deal, hell yes to the second.

OP Genasis: have you guys thought people are starting to get tired of Team Curl's antics? 21:56

Virtanev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 10:56 PM
Voracek
HFBoards Sponsor

No to the 1st, yes to the 2nd.

Voracek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 10:57 PM
jimslob

Trade #1 Edler has a NTC and I don't think he would waive, no go.

Trade #2 I don't think either team does this, Edmonton thinks it's not enough and Vancouver thinks it's far too much.

Actually, after further consideration I think if it's Jensen instead of Gaunce Vancouver is all over this as Edmonton gets bent over, heck we'll even through in Booth to make it fairer!

jimslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 11:03 PM
iFan
Horvat to Virtanen

Deal 1 is really bad for Vancouver

Deal 2 is really bad for the Oilers

I wouldn't do the first deal at all, but I'd love for the Oilers to do the 2nd one

iFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 11:17 PM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 1675
No to deal 1, yes to deal 2.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 11:20 PM
Red Haired Shanks

why say no to deal #1? we add a 50-60pt leader on offense instead of a 30-50pt top 9er and a replace a 40-50pt solid defenseman for a 20-30pt d-man who can improve.

Old
11-19-2013, 11:25 PM
Vankiller Whale
Win it for AV

vCash: 1675
Callahan > Hansen
Edler >> Del Zotto

But factor in Hansen's contract status vs Callahan's and it's a definite no.

Vankiller Whale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 11:47 PM
jimslob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Haired Shanks View Post
why say no to deal #1? we add a 50-60pt leader on offense instead of a 30-50pt top 9er and a replace a 40-50pt solid defenseman for a 20-30pt d-man who can improve.
This is what is so wrong with this proposal! Edler is the player MDZ hopes to become one day and Edler also has room to improve.

The extra 10 to 15 points possible from Callahan over Hansen does not offset the downgrade from Edler to MDZ.

Don't get me wrong I would like Callahan on the Canucks, just not at this price.

jimslob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 11:49 PM
Red Haired Shanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimslob View Post
This is what is so wrong with this proposal! Edler is the player MDZ hopes to become one day and Edler also has room to improve.

The extra 10 to 15 points possible from Callahan over Hansen does not offset the downgrade from Edler to MDZ.

Don't get me wrong I would like Callahan on the Canucks, just not at this price.
what would a fair deal be for this to happen?

Old
11-19-2013, 11:53 PM
Pman

Yeah the 1st deal isn't so bad at all. Callahan brings a lot more to the game then 50-60 points.

Pman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-19-2013, 11:59 PM
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks

Ironically, I think Edler is precisely the player that MDZ can hope to be, stylistically, minus the physicality. However, it's not a good deal for Vancouver at all. If Callahan were signed to Hansen's contract it'd be decent, but not with Callahan a UFA.

As for the second deal... Stop it with the scraps for Yakupov.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 12:01 AM
jgoud*

Oilers would never do the second trade. And I think the nucks get fleeced in that 1st trade. That could potentially be Callahan for only 3/4 of a season and Del Zotto for Edler (who is a lot better than Del Zotto) not to mention you would be sending Hansen there as well. It's fine if Callahan resigns but it's awful for the risk.

jgoud* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 12:15 AM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

vCash: 178
The first deal is awful for Vancouver, while the second is awful for Edmonton.

Bourne Endeavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 05:31 AM
The Nuge
5-14-6-1

Words can't begin to describe how bad that is for Edmonton. You shouldn't listen to baseless rumors. We have no desire to give him away

The Nuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 05:44 AM
Horseradish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Haired Shanks View Post
Trade #1: Vancouver trades D Alex Edler, RW Jannik Hansen and a conditional 2015 2nd round draft pick* to NYR for D Michael Del Zotto and RW Ryan Callahan.
*condition is if Callahan re-signs with Van

Van: Torts gets a couple guys that know his system. Callahan is a heart and soul player much like Hansen but better and more of a top 6 than a top 9. Del Zotto was a healthy scratch for a couple days, he may be on the trading block.

NYR: AV gets a couple guys who know his system. Hansen is a hard worker but not quite as good as Callahan. Edler is a better more complete defenseman than Del Zotto, that can add toughness to their back end.

Trade #2: Vancouver trades D Chris Tanev, C Brendan Gaunce and/or RW Nicklas Jensen and a 2014 1st round draft pick to Edmonton for RW Nail Yakupov

Van: We get a young dynamic goal scorer to help us with the goal scoring woes. Yak was scratch a few times and if the rumors are true hes not happy there.

Edm: They get one of our most reliable defenseman. Tanev has been as steady as they come, playing a mistake free game. Gaunce is a tough two way centerman and a great leader. Edmonton needs more toughness in the lineup Gaunce can add that and he should be ready to step up as soon as next season. Same goes with Jensen except hes more of a goal scorer and may need another season in the AHL to round out his game. and the 1st for this year gives them more options.

get rid of LW David Booth, trade, waivers buyout whatever.

Roster

Daniel Sedin-Henrik Sedin-Nail Yakupov
Alex Burrows- Ryan Kesler-Ryan Callahan
Chris Higgins-Mike Santorelli-Zack Kassian
Tom Sestito-Brad Richardson-Dale Weise
Zac Dalpe

Dan Hamhuis-Jason Garrison
Michael Del Zotto-Kevin Bieksa
Ryan Stanton-Frank Corrado
Andrew Alberts
Yannick Weber

Roberto Luongo
Eddie Lack
This is pretty funny.

The first is a stupidly big overpayment by the Canucks.

The second is an embarrassing underpayment by them.

Vancouver literally doesn't have anything I'd trade Yak for.

Eberle, on the other hand. There's a deal to be made around Eberle/Edler, I think.

Horseradish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 06:13 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 0
Oilers say no to the second deal because when yak wakes up it will be a bad deal. I know some nuck fans have a love in with tanev but I do not. Right now yaks value is low but that is where we hope it does stay

jumptheshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 08:05 AM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Vancouver wouldn't do the first deal? Well, neither would the Rangers. If we are going to trade MDZ for another dman, it will be for a right handed dman. And there's no chance that we are trading our captain.

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 08:56 AM
ZeroPT
He's comin for us!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Ironically, I think Edler is precisely the player that MDZ can hope to be, stylistically, minus the physicality. However, it's not a good deal for Vancouver at all. If Callahan were signed to Hansen's contract it'd be decent, but not with Callahan a UFA.

As for the second deal... Stop it with the scraps for Yakupov.
Isn't Del Zotto surprisingly physical for a pmd?

ZeroPT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 09:07 AM
russ99

If Edler were going to Edmonton as the D in the Yakupov deal, then we'd be closer to reality.

But I don't think either team would do this and help out a rival.

russ99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 09:11 AM
Trxjw
Retired.

I don't see why the Rangers would do this. Downgrade from Callahan just to add another lefty defender (albeit a good one)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroPT View Post
Isn't Del Zotto surprisingly physical for a pmd?
He's chippy and can throw some really solid hits now and then. I wouldn't say he's "physical" in terms of board play and establishing himself in front of the net.

Trxjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 10:38 AM
chris11inter

vCash: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseradish View Post
This is pretty funny.

The first is a stupidly big overpayment by the Canucks.

The second is an embarrassing underpayment by them.

Vancouver literally doesn't have anything I'd trade Yak for.

Eberle, on the other hand. There's a deal to be made around Eberle/Edler, I think.
and this is why the Oilers are a consistent bottom feeder team in the NHL.

Pretty sure the:
Sedins for Yak gets it done
Edler & a pick gets it done
Kesler and burrows for Yak gets it done
Any of Vancouvers top 4 defencemen and a pick probably get it done.

chris11inter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 11:30 AM
ChaoticOrange

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris11inter View Post

Pretty sure the:
We don't have the cap space for the Sedins, and they don't bring what we need. If we brought the Sedins in it would be a clear sign that RNH and Ebs would be on their way out. So no.
Edler and a 1st maybe, MAYBE gets it done. I do like Edler but he strikes me as a 'jack of all trades, master of none' type of #1 though.
No cap space for Kesler/Burrows, and Burrows is redundant and overpaid especially since we have Perron. So no.
Bieksa and a pick? Nope. Hamhuis and a pick? Nope.

I never get tired of the 'you won't let us fleece you? That's why you suck!' comments.

Back to the drawing board bud. We aren't letting a potential 40 goal scorer go to a hated divisional rival for anything less than a ridiculous overpay.

ChaoticOrange is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 11:36 AM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris11inter View Post

Pretty sure the:
Not at all. Yakupov is a recent 1st overall pick that has shown he can be dominant at times. And he finally seems to be waking up with 5p in his last 5gp. He had 2p last game, could have had 4 or 5 and should have drawn a half dozen penalties by himself.

Sedins, too old. Edler, concerns about his back. Kesler + burrows might, but is it the best option for Edmonton for a player with the potential of Yakupov? Any of their top 4(-Edler) + a pick isn't enough of a return.

His numbers are right around where Tavares', Hall's, and Stamkos', were after this many games in their career. There is a good reason MacT flat out said he isn't being traded.

s7ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-20-2013, 01:25 PM
Xamboni
BoVat Horseman

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
Not at all. Yakupov is a recent 1st overall pick that has shown he can be dominant at times. And he finally seems to be waking up with 5p in his last 5gp. He had 2p last game, could have had 4 or 5 and should have drawn a half dozen penalties by himself.

Sedins, too old. Edler, concerns about his back. Kesler + burrows might, but is it the best option for Edmonton for a player with the potential of Yakupov? Any of their top 4(-Edler) + a pick isn't enough of a return.

His numbers are right around where Tavares', Hall's, and Stamkos', were after this many games in their career. There is a good reason MacT flat out said he isn't being traded.
I know it is 12:30 in Alberta, but you are out to lunch if you wouldn't trade Yakupov for both Sedins.

Xamboni is offline   Reply With Quote