HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Well, at least we all know the answer to the trivia question

Closed Thread

Old
07-22-2005, 07:46 PM
ATLANTARANGER*

vCash: 500
Well, at least we all know the answer to the trivia question

name the last 3 ping pong ball team to have one of it's balls select in the 2005 NHL Lottery Draft!

My first impression is that
1) we try and package our #1 with one of #2's and our 3rd rounder to move into the top 4-8 spot.

2) We sign someone like a Forsberg to a 2 year deal. Failing that, we buyout Holik and Kasparaitis and wait the year until Thornton & St. Louis are UFA's and swing for the fences there.

3) Try and upgrade the goalie position for a year or 2 until Lundqvist is ready (maybe we catch a break and he is ready by mid year)

4) Start praying for Kessel now.

Old
07-22-2005, 07:54 PM
DarthSather99

I still think we'll get someone good at 16. Someone will drop. It happens every year. It will take more than #16 and one of the 2's to move up to 4-5-6. I definetly think we are a favorite for Kessel/Frolov next year.....barring another lottery disaster ..

Old
07-22-2005, 08:28 PM
FLYLine24*

I dont think Frolov is eligable anymore for next year...arent they cutting the age up 4 months? I think hes 2 young. No 100% sure though.

Old
07-25-2005, 03:09 AM
Beauty, eh?
Not sure if serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99
I still think we'll get someone good at 16. Someone will drop. It happens every year. It will take more than #16 and one of the 2's to move up to 4-5-6. I definetly think we are a favorite for Kessel/Frolov next year.....barring another lottery disaster ..

Frolov's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Old
07-25-2005, 06:04 AM
eco's bones

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSather99
If we're in the lottery next year we can only drop one spot.

Old
07-25-2005, 06:45 AM
Onion Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty, eh?

Frolov's not going anywhere anytime soon.
They meant Frolik.

Old
07-25-2005, 12:27 PM
GraveyTrain09

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLANTARANGER
name the last 3 ping pong ball team to have one of it's balls select in the 2005 NHL Lottery Draft!

My first impression is that
1) we try and package our #1 with one of #2's and our 3rd rounder to move into the top 4-8 spot.

2) We sign someone like a Forsberg to a 2 year deal. Failing that, we buyout Holik and Kasparaitis and wait the year until Thornton & St. Louis are UFA's and swing for the fences there.

3) Try and upgrade the goalie position for a year or 2 until Lundqvist is ready (maybe we catch a break and he is ready by mid year)

4) Start praying for Kessel now.
1) we are rebuilding. I dont think it would be healthy for the organization to lose 2 draft picks. Sure id love to have an outstanding prospect, but if we can get a bunch of prospects, there will end up being a good player in there.

2)Even when thornton and St. Louis become UFA's, why would they want to move? The lightning are young and amazing(when you have vincent, martin, and richards you better be good) and boston is still a contender, or should be. I dont see them going anywhere.

3)why waste your time? Lets say Lundqvist cant play this year...hes goes to hartford and we see what labarbera has....i dont think it will be much, but you never know(dont forget about him).

4) Um.....Absolutly

PS-What Id like to see happen is the rangers trade Labarbera...His stock could not be higher right now. He's an outstanding goalie in the AHL and we have 2 good prospects who are 1-2 years away(if Lundqvist cant play right now). Why not trade him for a center, a position we despretly need to fill

Old
07-25-2005, 12:38 PM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GraveyTrain09
1) we are rebuilding. I dont think it would be healthy for the organization to lose 2 draft picks. Sure id love to have an outstanding prospect, but if we can get a bunch of prospects, there will end up being a good player in there.

2)Even when thornton and St. Louis become UFA's, why would they want to move? The lightning are young and amazing(when you have vincent, martin, and richards you better be good) and boston is still a contender, or should be. I dont see them going anywhere.

3)why waste your time? Lets say Lundqvist cant play this year...hes goes to hartford and we see what labarbera has....i dont think it will be much, but you never know(dont forget about him).

4) Um.....Absolutly

PS-What Id like to see happen is the rangers trade Labarbera...His stock could not be higher right now. He's an outstanding goalie in the AHL and we have 2 good prospects who are 1-2 years away(if Lundqvist cant play right now). Why not trade him for a center, a position we despretly need to fill
1) We've gone for the quantity route. It's time for quality.

2) The Bolts will most likley have to lose one of Richards,Vinny or Marty. I'd look at which ever one it is (probably not Vinny). Personally, I'd want Richards over either one of them.

3) I have no rpoblem going into this seaon with a Weekes/Lab tandem. I don't think that Labs will have NHL success but it should be a serviceable duo for the short term.

4) Why not.

What do you really think Labarbera is going to get you? He's at best a serviceable NHL backup. He's been very good in the AHL but most teams already have a guy like Labarbera.

Closed Thread