HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors/Speculation Thread Part V: Zib-a-dabba-do

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-21-2013, 01:52 PM
  #251
RockedNash318
Mutant Ninja Zuccs
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: bergen co
Country: United States
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post
Not how I remember it to be honest.




http://www.defendingbigd.com/2012/2/...e-nhl-deadline
If that's the case, I stand corrected. For some reason I remembered Neal having a not-so-great season the year prior and the year he was traded. I guess the results of the trade are what jaded my memory haha.

Rookie mistake?

But that doesn't change the fact that with the way MDZ has been handled, teams will think they can pickup MDZ for a much lower value than we would like. Not for peanuts...but for something leaving us wanting more. Granted, if we can get a solid young forward for him, such as Zibanejad, you pull the trigger. We obviously need the help up front.

Having threads titled "Michael Del Zotto is a disaster" last year won't help proposals on the trade board either.

RockedNash318 is offline  
Old
11-21-2013, 01:59 PM
  #252
Glennsoe
Horndog
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Country: Norway
Posts: 4,004
vCash: 500
How about this dude from the Sens in a deal With/for MDZ

Jean-Gabriel Pageau

http://senators.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8476419

6 Points in 10 playoff games last year..Only 1 point in 8 games so far though..

Blame Jack Daniels for this sugestion...

Glennsoe is offline  
Old
11-21-2013, 02:00 PM
  #253
Riche16
Pessimistic-Realist
 
Riche16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockedNash318 View Post
If that's the case, I stand corrected. For some reason I remembered Neal having a not-so-great season the year prior and the year he was traded. I guess the results of the trade are what jaded my memory haha.

Rookie mistake?

But that doesn't change the fact that with the way MDZ has been handled, teams will think they can pickup MDZ for a much lower value than we would like. Not for peanuts...but for something leaving us wanting more. Granted, if we can get a solid young forward for him, such as Zibanejad, you pull the trigger. We obviously need the help up front.

Having threads titled "Michael Del Zotto is a disaster" last year won't help proposals on the trade board either.
I guess it's a good thing that NHL GMs make the trades and not the fans on trade boards

Riche16 is offline  
Old
11-21-2013, 02:03 PM
  #254
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato
 
HatTrick Swayze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 9,346
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockedNash318 View Post
If that's the case, I stand corrected. For some reason I remembered Neal having a not-so-great season the year prior and the year he was traded. I guess the results of the trade are what jaded my memory haha.

Rookie mistake?

But that doesn't change the fact that with the way MDZ has been handled, teams will think they can pickup MDZ for a much lower value than we would like. Not for peanuts...but for something leaving us wanting more. Granted, if we can get a solid young forward for him, such as Zibanejad, you pull the trigger. We obviously need the help up front.

Having threads titled "Michael Del Zotto is a disaster" last year won't help proposals on the trade board either.
I'm gonna contradict myself a bit but to be fair you are not 100% wrong. As that article goes on to say Neal was viewed by some as "frustratingly inconsistent" and full of "unfilled potential". Benn had fully established himself making Neal the "most expendable" trade chip.

So it will really come down to a player who has lost their luster a bit and started raising questions (B Schenn is a perfect example). Who knows how different orgs feel about their players. I'm not saying a player like I listed is 100% my expectation, but I could see Sather potentially pulling it off.

__________________
"Here we can see the agression of american people. They love fighting and guns. when they wont win they try to kill us all." -HalfOfFame
HatTrick Swayze is offline  
Old
11-21-2013, 02:03 PM
  #255
RockedNash318
Mutant Ninja Zuccs
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: bergen co
Country: United States
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riche16 View Post
I guess it's a good thing that NHL GMs make the trades and not the fans on trade boards
Without a doubt. Sadly, we can't discuss trades with NHL GMs though. And what's the fun of trades without making terribly wrong predictions about them beforehand?

RockedNash318 is offline  
Old
11-21-2013, 02:03 PM
  #256
h0ckeyman
Registered User
 
h0ckeyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 2,056
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR Viper View Post
Why do you say that?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Calad View Post
Howso? Isn't he a prospect that projects to be a top6 player? MDZ is an already established top4 player with 4 pro seasons under his belt (at the age of 23)
"established top 4" is pretty generous IMO. He's had an up and down career. Coyle is younger and has a combo of size and skill that is pretty rare. It's just my opinion that Minny covets Coyle as well. That would be like asking for a Kreider from NYR right now. Not saying MDZ doesn't have decent value and isnt wanted around the league, I just see Coyle as a top prospect with great size, skill and low bust potential.

h0ckeyman is offline  
Old
11-21-2013, 02:04 PM
  #257
OverTheCap
Registered User
 
OverTheCap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 9,624
vCash: 500
When you consider that there are usually only 20-25 defensemen that hit at least 40 points each year, Del Zotto should be able to garner a good return. Offensive defensemen are almost always valued more than shutdown types. And he has already demonstrated that he can produce at a 35-40 point level in this league while some of the young forwards targeted in this thread are unproven, so there is an element of risk on the Rangers part.

That being said, if Del Zotto is being traded for a forward, then his production will need to be replaced on the blueline. McDonagh's offensive game is coming along nicely but everyone else has been stagnant offensively. I don't think John Moore is putting up 40 points anytime soon.

OverTheCap is offline  
Old
11-21-2013, 02:05 PM
  #258
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,046
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockedNash318 View Post
Sadly, we can't discuss trades with NHL GMs though.
Maybe not you, but GMs call some members of this board an ask for their thoughts on trades.

__________________


Rangers Unlimited
Hockey Graphs
Brian Boyle is online now  
Old
11-21-2013, 02:08 PM
  #259
RockedNash318
Mutant Ninja Zuccs
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: bergen co
Country: United States
Posts: 17
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Maybe not you, but GMs call some members of this board an ask for their thoughts on trades.
Those lucky SOB's...

RockedNash318 is offline  
Old
11-21-2013, 02:08 PM
  #260
Brady Skjei
Registered User
 
Brady Skjei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 224
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
Maybe not you, but GMs call some members of this board an ask for their thoughts on trades.
Hey man, not all of us can be "hockey Jesus"

Brady Skjei is offline  
Old
11-21-2013, 02:18 PM
  #261
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennsoe View Post
How about this dude from the Sens in a deal With/for MDZ

Jean-Gabriel Pageau

http://senators.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8476419

6 Points in 10 playoff games last year..Only 1 point in 8 games so far though..

Blame Jack Daniels for this sugestion...
i wouldnt mind him if the Rangers had size and more shooters on this team but they dont.. Rangers dont need another pass first type player

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
11-21-2013, 03:14 PM
  #262
Calad
Section 422
 
Calad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,035
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
"established top 4" is pretty generous IMO. He's had an up and down career. Coyle is younger and has a combo of size and skill that is pretty rare. It's just my opinion that Minny covets Coyle as well. That would be like asking for a Kreider from NYR right now. Not saying MDZ doesn't have decent value and isnt wanted around the league, I just see Coyle as a top prospect with great size, skill and low bust potential.
We can basically point to every other pro season (sans 10-11) aside from this one where MDZ was depended upon by torts as a top4 D-man, and he contributed very well offensively.
09-10: 37 points
11-12: 41 points
12-13: 21 points (37 point pace)
Whenever Staal was injured over the past 2 years, MDZ was arguably our 2nd best D-man behind McD.The what have you done for me lately attitude about MDZ is sickening around these parts.

As far as Coyle is concerned. I have only seen a handful of games and he did not look particularly strong in any of them. Yes he has some size and talent, but they have not translated to the NHL yet and he has had a decent number of games. Judging by how Minnesota fans react when his name was brought up in trade rumors I assume they view Coyle the same way we viewed Kreider over the past couple years. However, if you ask any Wild find you would not find Coyle among the names of why they have been so successful this season.

Calad is online now  
Old
11-21-2013, 03:26 PM
  #263
Trxjw
Retired.
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Land of no calls..
Country: United States
Posts: 16,477
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0ckeyman View Post
"established top 4" is pretty generous IMO. He's had an up and down career. Coyle is younger and has a combo of size and skill that is pretty rare. It's just my opinion that Minny covets Coyle as well. That would be like asking for a Kreider from NYR right now. Not saying MDZ doesn't have decent value and isnt wanted around the league, I just see Coyle as a top prospect with great size, skill and low bust potential.
It's all relative. It comes down to how badly a team needs a certain player. If the Rangers had McDonagh and Girardi as their top pairing, and then Stralman, Moore, Falk and Syvret as their bottom four, they'd probably be more willing to deal a high-value prospect for help.

I don't think Minnesota will deal Coyle, because I don't think their defense is as bad as people think it is, but you never know what a GM is thinking. I think they'd move Zucker or even Nino long before they dealt Coyle.

Trxjw is offline  
Old
11-21-2013, 03:32 PM
  #264
Revelation
Reanimated
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 1,857
vCash: 500
Any interest in a package around Connolly from TB? What else would they have that we want?

Revelation is offline  
Old
11-21-2013, 03:34 PM
  #265
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
Any interest in a package around Connolly from TB? What else would they have that we want?
Sustr, but trading for a guy you chose not to sign seems like poor asset management.

Namestnikov or Kucherov would obviously be good gets.

Fitzy is offline  
Old
11-21-2013, 03:37 PM
  #266
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 56,276
vCash: 300
Lot of players on TB would interest me. Richard Panik, Alex Killorn (no chance), Teddy Purcell, Vladimir Namestnikov, Nikita Kucherov (again, maybe a 1% chance), Brett Connolly. Tampa Bay is loaded with talented young forwards.

__________________

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline  
Old
11-21-2013, 04:07 PM
  #267
BobMarleyNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Alphabet
Country: Iraq
Posts: 2,919
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheCap View Post
That being said, if Del Zotto is being traded for a forward, then his production will need to be replaced on the blueline. McDonagh's offensive game is coming along nicely but everyone else has been stagnant offensively. I don't think John Moore is putting up 40 points anytime soon.
Del Zotto has 1 point on Moore... trade him while he has some value...

BobMarleyNYR is offline  
Old
11-21-2013, 04:13 PM
  #268
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,811
vCash: 500
This whole thing makes little sense with Del Zotto.

For all his faults, he is still the 3rd best LD on this team. John Moore is not better than him right now and who knows if he ever will be. Del Zotto is the 5th best defenseman on this team, maybe 4th if Stralman's play dips even a little bit.

Its confusing as to why he was scratched for 3 straight games. The coaching staff wants more from him, but they don't really get into what that is. There is more than meets the eye here.

Bleed Ranger Blue is offline  
Old
11-21-2013, 04:20 PM
  #269
boyle2boyle
HFBoards Sponsor
 
boyle2boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Queens via London
Posts: 758
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBoyle View Post
Lot of players on TB would interest me. Richard Panik, Alex Killorn (no chance), Teddy Purcell, Vladimir Namestnikov, Nikita Kucherov (again, maybe a 1% chance), Brett Connolly. Tampa Bay is loaded with talented young forwards.
Yeah, I'm in love with the group of forward prospects TB is developing, will be scary if they all pan out. I wouldn't be against parting with DZ and/or Miller for a package including Killorn or Kucherov.

boyle2boyle is offline  
Old
11-21-2013, 04:33 PM
  #270
Punxrocknyc19*
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,233
vCash: 500
if the Rangers traded for Panik..


NHL headline would read



Rangers make Panik move

Punxrocknyc19* is offline  
Old
11-21-2013, 04:37 PM
  #271
JohnC
#FreeSteve
 
JohnC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 4,553
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punxrocknyc19 View Post
if the Rangers traded for Panik..


NHL headline would read



Rangers make Panik move
This joke is new and exciting

JohnC is offline  
Old
11-21-2013, 05:45 PM
  #272
Sticky Fingers
Registered User
 
Sticky Fingers's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,516
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
This whole thing makes little sense with Del Zotto.

For all his faults, he is still the 3rd best LD on this team. John Moore is not better than him right now and who knows if he ever will be. Del Zotto is the 5th best defenseman on this team, maybe 4th if Stralman's play dips even a little bit.

Its confusing as to why he was scratched for 3 straight games. The coaching staff wants more from him, but they don't really get into what that is. There is more than meets the eye here.
Stralman is right now way better than MDZ. If MDZ was racking up points it would be close, but even then Stralman is the superior player.

The only thing MDZ has on Stralman is potential, he still has the chance to become greater. But I think we've seen his peak. I just don't belive he has the determination to work hard to improve his game. He looks to me like one of those guys that has so much skill that they become lazy. Just my opinion, he might be working his ass off.

Sticky Fingers is offline  
Old
11-21-2013, 05:46 PM
  #273
Leetch66
Registered User
 
Leetch66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: PEI Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,146
vCash: 500
I would stay pat and evaluate at the trade deadline . I would go full out for Subban in off season . Throw the wallet at him . Who would we lose in the next 2 seasons as payback to the Habs ? Nobody wants to play there . CK would not sign with them . Within 3 seasons we would have a dominant team with Nash-Subban-Kreider leading the way offensively . Of coure Richards will be gone and some of our kids will have cracked the roster . If we cannot afford DZ and Girardi...move them and replace with a cheaper alternative . Staal is a ***** anyways . DZ has the tools and no toolbox...let McIlrath play and protect Hank and Subban . Subban would play 25 minutes a night ....OK....now wake me up from my dream !

Leetch66 is offline  
Old
11-21-2013, 06:03 PM
  #274
Mikos87
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 1,769
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sticky Fingers View Post
Stralman is right now way better than MDZ. If MDZ was racking up points it would be close, but even then Stralman is the superior player.

The only thing MDZ has on Stralman is potential, he still has the chance to become greater. But I think we've seen his peak. I just don't belive he has the determination to work hard to improve his game. He looks to me like one of those guys that has so much skill that they become lazy. Just my opinion, he might be working his ass off.
All Stralman has done has been solid under the new system. DZ who isn't a college boy and worked on a farm during the lookout seems like a slow learner.

We've seen it before when Torts switched from safe is death half way thru his first season. But when Stralman was getting sheltered mins and barely hitting 15 min a night, DZ stood in there night in night out with Staal out playing 23 a night on a winning hockey club. While producing at around half a point a game from the backend.

Can't take that away, and would ask for more.

Mikos87 is offline  
Old
11-21-2013, 06:04 PM
  #275
Tawnos
A guy with a bass
 
Tawnos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Charlotte, NC
Country: United States
Posts: 11,509
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
This whole thing makes little sense with Del Zotto.

For all his faults, he is still the 3rd best LD on this team. John Moore is not better than him right now and who knows if he ever will be. Del Zotto is the 5th best defenseman on this team, maybe 4th if Stralman's play dips even a little bit.

Its confusing as to why he was scratched for 3 straight games. The coaching staff wants more from him, but they don't really get into what that is. There is more than meets the eye here.
He might be the 3rd best LD, but that doesn't make him the best fit on the 3rd pair. There's a distinction between those.

Tawnos is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:09 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.