HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Toronto + Edmonton Blockbuster (On or before draft day)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-20-2013, 06:19 PM
  #76
RipsADrive
Be afraid
 
RipsADrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,639
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by missinthejets View Post
and by struggled in the NHL you mean led his team in goal scoring in his rookie season? and led all rookies in scoring last year right? A tough start to the season this year does not mean the kid has struggled all the time in the NHL, especially when he's shown signs of turning things around recently including playing one of his best games of his career just last night. He's played less than a full seasons worth of games! and people act like he's some kind of bust. Good lord.
I think people over play the bust angle to help justify the poor offers.

People know Yak is good. There's a reason he's in almost every proposal these days.

RipsADrive is offline  
Old
11-20-2013, 06:22 PM
  #77
ChaoticOrange*
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystifo View Post
^This. Seriously what does Yakupov or Ekblad do for this team now?



Also I am tired of the EDM fans ripping this up. I get it you guys don't want to and should not prob trade the pick but don't go acting like the OP never offered up quality pieces. (Aside from Holland who was indeed a throw in.)
I'll put it this way, sunshine.

To EDM

Kessel + JVR

To TOR

2015 1st
2016 1st
Larsen
Roman Horak
Marco Roy


The oilers give up quality pieces - with a throw in- and yet the leafs get absolutely shafted.

Just because you're giving up things worth some value doesn't mean the proposal isn't horrid.

ChaoticOrange* is offline  
Old
11-20-2013, 06:23 PM
  #78
Ricky Bobby
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 7,611
vCash: 500
Yakupov wouldn't be overly valued by the Leafs. We've already got one of the best offensive group of wingers in the entire NHL and don't need the entitled personality Yakupov brings.

If that 2nd turns into Ekblad the Oilers would be stupid to trade it as he's the potential franchise Dmen they've been looking for since Pronger.

Ricky Bobby is offline  
Old
11-20-2013, 06:23 PM
  #79
Crisp Breakout
Registered User
 
Crisp Breakout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Chicago
Country: United States
Posts: 5,238
vCash: 500
Or... the Oilers could retain their first and be able to say (with a straight face) that they got a defenseman with top pairing upside.

If I were an Oilers fan, I would've been infracted in this thread, no doubt. Horrible value and equally bad logic.

Crisp Breakout is offline  
Old
11-20-2013, 06:25 PM
  #80
smackdaddy
All Aboard
 
smackdaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,790
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Yakupov wouldn't be overly valued by the Leafs. We've already got one of the best offensive group of wingers in the entire NHL and don't need the entitled personality Yakupov brings.

If that 2nd turns into Ekblad the Oilers would be stupid to trade it as he's the potential franchise Dmen they've been looking for since Pronger.

smackdaddy is offline  
Old
11-20-2013, 06:28 PM
  #81
ottawa
Avatar of the Year*
 
ottawa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Orleans
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,628
vCash: 69
LOL Leafs with the highway robbery, keep dreaming Leaf fans

__________________
http://img63.photobucket.com/albums/v191/SpiderManNL/24cups.gif
ottawa is offline  
Old
11-20-2013, 06:29 PM
  #82
LTIR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 7,027
vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky Bobby View Post
Yakupov wouldn't be overly valued by the Leafs. We've already got one of the best offensive group of wingers in the entire NHL and don't need the entitled personality Yakupov brings.

If that 2nd turns into Ekblad the Oilers would be stupid to trade it as he's the potential franchise Dmen they've been looking for since Pronger.
yet your fans keep proposing deals for Yak on these boards. Say whatever you want re your team needs but if you are defending the OP based on player value then you are the same as the OP.

___ J Simpson.

LTIR is offline  
Old
11-20-2013, 06:33 PM
  #83
RCS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macslow View Post
Absolutely horrible for the Oilers, try adding Kadri or Kessel and even then its debatable.
Say what? LOL

Toronto already gets ripped off hard with the original proposal and you want Kessel on top! WOW! Sure, watch Toronto throw in a top 10 scorer in the NHL!

Yakupov = Bust

Keep him far away from Toronto.

RCS is offline  
Old
11-20-2013, 06:36 PM
  #84
LTIR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 7,027
vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by T M L View Post
Say what? LOL

Toronto already gets ripped off hard with the original proposal and you want Kessel on top! WOW! Sure, watch Toronto throw in a top 10 scorer in the NHL!

Yakupov = Bust

Keep him far away from Toronto.
lets see how many non Leafs fans agree with this.

LTIR is offline  
Old
11-20-2013, 06:37 PM
  #85
RCS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticOrange View Post
I'll put it this way, sunshine.

To EDM

Kessel + JVR

To TOR

2015 1st
2016 1st
Larsen
Roman Horak
Marco Roy
Leafs counter, We also throw in Gardiner, Reilly and Bernier.

RCS is offline  
Old
11-20-2013, 06:39 PM
  #86
Pondcake
Esquire
 
Pondcake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 16,349
vCash: 132
Oh right. I forgot.

Oilers fans watched Yakupov have his best game of the year against CBJ last game.

Maybe Leaf fans are unaware. Yak has been better and better and is no longer in the Oilers dog house.

Just FYI.

Pondcake is offline  
Old
11-20-2013, 06:42 PM
  #87
jacks
Registered User
 
jacks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 10,703
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleatus View Post
To Edmonton: James Reimer, Jake Gardiner, Peter Holland, a 2014 1st round draft pick (presumably around 20th overall), and a 2015 1st round draft pick.
To Toronto: Nail Yakupov, and a 2014 1st round draft pick (presumably 2nd overall).

Leafs draft Aaron Ekblad, and their top nine forwards and top four d-men look like...

JvR - Kadri - Kessel
Lupul - Bozak - Yakupov
Kulemin - Bolland - Clarkson

Gunnarsson - Phaneuf
Rielly - Ekblad


Edmonton gets their long-awaited #1 goalie, a d-man with top-pairing upside, gets deeper at the center position, and gets futures in two 1st round draft picks.

Woot for both teams?
Just a bad offer.Awfully lopsided in the Leafs favour.Don' believe that the Oilers would even consider this.

jacks is online now  
Old
11-20-2013, 06:44 PM
  #88
TeamBester
Debunked
 
TeamBester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticOrange View Post
I'll put it this way, sunshine.

To EDM

Kessel + JVR

To TOR

2015 1st
2016 1st
Larsen
Roman Horak
Marco Roy


The oilers give up quality pieces - with a throw in- and yet the leafs get absolutely shafted.

Just because you're giving up things worth some value doesn't mean the proposal isn't horrid.
You wouldn't get Kessel for that.

TeamBester is offline  
Old
11-20-2013, 06:45 PM
  #89
russ4king
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Welland
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by missinthejets View Post
and by struggled in the NHL you mean led his team in goal scoring in his rookie season? and led all rookies in scoring last year right? A tough start to the season this year does not mean the kid has struggled all the time in the NHL, especially when he's shown signs of turning things around recently including playing one of his best games of his career just last night. He's played less than a full seasons worth of games! and people act like he's some kind of bust. Good lord.
I've got news for you...he struggled last year too. He had 6 goals and 10 assists in his first 34 games last year but had a great April to make it appear his season was better than it actually was. I do not think he is a bust, but I do think that he will prove to be a one dimensional selfish player that will give coaches fits throughout his career. The Oilers will be forced to trade him in the next year or sign him to a huge extension which will be at the detriment to the rest of the team. My best comparison for Yak is Alex Semin.

russ4king is offline  
Old
11-20-2013, 06:47 PM
  #90
TeamBester
Debunked
 
TeamBester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,223
vCash: 500
Kessel has more value than any Oiler, easy.

TeamBester is offline  
Old
11-20-2013, 06:51 PM
  #91
Wizeman*
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 2,622
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleatus View Post
To Edmonton: James Reimer, Jake Gardiner, Peter Holland, a 2014 1st round draft pick (presumably around 20th overall), and a 2015 1st round draft pick.
To Toronto: Nail Yakupov, and a 2014 1st round draft pick (presumably 2nd overall).

Leafs draft Aaron Ekblad, and their top nine forwards and top four d-men look like...

JvR - Kadri - Kessel
Lupul - Bozak - Yakupov
Kulemin - Bolland - Clarkson

Gunnarsson - Phaneuf
Rielly - Ekblad


Edmonton gets their long-awaited #1 goalie, a d-man with top-pairing upside, gets deeper at the center position, and gets futures in two 1st round draft picks.

Woot for both teams?
Dubyk is as good as Reimer is. Gardiner is good but not great. Holland is ok. 14 and 15 first rounders is ok but are going to be low picks.

For...................Yakupov and Ekblad.

Wrong.

To get Yakupov and the Oilers first the leafs need to deal ............

Kessel and Gardiner

or

JVR Kadri and Lupul

or

Reilly JVR and Kadri

Wizeman* is offline  
Old
11-20-2013, 06:51 PM
  #92
ChaoticOrange*
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBester View Post
You wouldn't get Kessel for that.
That's the point.

Oilers give up good pieces. Leafs get ripped off - like a bizarro OP.

ChaoticOrange* is offline  
Old
11-20-2013, 06:52 PM
  #93
LTIR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 7,027
vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by russ4king View Post
I've got news for you...he struggled last year too. He had 6 goals and 10 assists in his first 34 games last year but had a great April to make it appear his season was better than it actually was. I do not think he is a bust, but I do think that he will prove to be a one dimensional selfish player that will give coaches fits throughout his career. The Oilers will be forced to trade him in the next year or sign him to a huge extension which will be at the detriment to the rest of the team. My best comparison for Yak is Alex Semin.
whattt? a 18 yo rookie only had 16 pts in his first 34 NHL games...
Good thing he got lucky rest of the way and ended up leading all rookies in scoring and his team in goals. Thank you VAN for resting your top guys that one game. Saved Yakupov's career there.

One thing is for sure.. Yak wont be making more than 6M .. if he scores 40 goals next year he might get close to it but Semin or no Semin he would be worth it.

There are plenty comparables in NHL now.. He'll get close to what his peers will make.. I dont see MTL fan fretting over re signing Galchenyuk .. EDM will survive as well espcially with cap most likely going up.

LTIR is offline  
Old
11-20-2013, 06:53 PM
  #94
TeamBester
Debunked
 
TeamBester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticOrange View Post
That's the point.

Oilers give up good pieces. Leafs get ripped off - like a bizarro OP.
Not sure why the Leafs would want Yak, not saying he isn't good or going to be great but the last thing we need is a scoring winger.

TeamBester is offline  
Old
11-20-2013, 06:55 PM
  #95
BillDerlago
Swiffer duster
 
BillDerlago's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: 905
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,748
vCash: 500
Leafs don't want or need Yakupov, and rightfully so Oil fans want high value for a #1 overall from two years ago. Just makes no sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absent Canuck View Post
Dubyk is as good as Reimer is.
Laughable.

BillDerlago is offline  
Old
11-20-2013, 06:58 PM
  #96
ChaoticOrange*
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,395
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRamsay View Post
Leafs don't want or need Yakupov.
An oiler fan didn't propose this trade. I don't see a 'VALUE OF: YAKUPOV, any and all offers!' on the trade board. We're not trying to get rid of him - fans of other teams are trying to get him for pennies on the dollar.

ChaoticOrange* is offline  
Old
11-20-2013, 06:59 PM
  #97
jgoud*
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,269
vCash: 500
Oilers wouldn't even do that without the draft swap... what makes you think their 1st rounder would be included. I'm sure the OP thinks he could get Crosby for JVR and Bernier too.

jgoud* is offline  
Old
11-20-2013, 07:01 PM
  #98
TeamBester
Debunked
 
TeamBester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,223
vCash: 500
And this whole Gardiner is struggling thing, people should know he struggled playing on the right side, looks much better since being put back on the left side. #context

TeamBester is offline  
Old
11-20-2013, 07:03 PM
  #99
TeamBester
Debunked
 
TeamBester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,223
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticOrange View Post
An oiler fan didn't propose this trade. I don't see a 'VALUE OF: YAKUPOV, any and all offers!' on the trade board. We're not trying to get rid of him - fans of other teams are trying to get him for pennies on the dollar.
And so will the GM's, if Yak is traded anytime soon the Oil won't be getting full value. Thats why he won't be traded. For now.

TeamBester is offline  
Old
11-20-2013, 07:06 PM
  #100
russ4king
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Welland
Posts: 1,408
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LTIR View Post
whattt? a 18 yo rookie only had 16 pts in his first 34 NHL games...
Good thing he got lucky rest of the way and ended up leading all rookies in scoring and his team in goals. Thank you VAN for resting your top guys that one game. Saved Yakupov's career there.

One thing is for sure.. Yak wont be making more than 6M .. if he scores 40 goals next year he might get close to it but Semin or no Semin he would be worth it.

There are plenty comparables in NHL now.. He'll get close to what his peers will make.. I dont see MTL fan fretting over re signing Galchenyuk .. EDM will survive as well espcially with cap most likely going up.
MTL has already set the precedent of the bridge deal with Subban as most good teams have. Oilers have set the precedent to sign based on future value as opposed to current (see Hall,RNH.Eberle, etc). Galchenyuk is American, he does not have the same realistic ability to use the KHL as leverage that Yak does. If Yak signs an extension with Edm it will be 6m. My gut says he will be gone before it happens.

russ4king is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2017 All Rights Reserved.