HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto + Edmonton Blockbuster (On or before draft day)

Closed Thread

Old
11-20-2013, 06:13 PM
SeaOfBlue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleatus View Post
To Edmonton: James Reimer, Jake Gardiner, Peter Holland, a 2014 1st round draft pick (presumably around 20th overall), and a 2015 1st round draft pick.
To Toronto: Nail Yakupov, and a 2014 1st round draft pick (presumably 2nd overall).

Leafs draft Aaron Ekblad, and their top nine forwards and top four d-men look like...

JvR - Kadri - Kessel
Lupul - Bozak - Yakupov
Kulemin - Bolland - Clarkson

Gunnarsson - Phaneuf
Rielly - Ekblad

Edmonton gets their long-awaited #1 goalie, a d-man with top-pairing upside, gets deeper at the center position, and gets futures in two 1st round draft picks.

Woot for both teams?
No, no woot for either team. You want to thrust Rielly and Ekblad together, that's going to kill us. Look what happened with Rielly after he was thrusted in... He was benched a couple of games. Now you want to double it up? Plus, we really don't need another young defenseman. As for Yakupov, this isn't the type of deal Toronto wants to do for him; they're probably looking for a deal similar to the Schenn-JVR trade if it ever happens. However, the Leafs don't need any top 6 forwards ATM, so I don't see this happening. As for Edmonton, they're probably going to receive a far better offer.

Old
11-20-2013, 06:28 PM
Peasy
All In The Game Yo

vCash: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManofSteel55 View Post
Too bad he doesn't want to do it all the time, he could have an 82 goal season.
Kessels the GOAT, he does what he wants. Two days ago he didn't feel like practicing and took the day off, the next day, he decides he wants to score 2 goals and puts the team on his back.

Also lol at the person saying Dubby is as good a Reimer

Old
11-20-2013, 06:33 PM
BarDownBobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by russ4king View Post
MTL has already set the precedent of the bridge deal with Subban as most good teams have. Oilers have set the precedent to sign based on future value as opposed to current (see Hall,RNH.Eberle, etc). Galchenyuk is American, he does not have the same realistic ability to use the KHL as leverage that Yak does. If Yak signs an extension with Edm it will be 6m. My gut says he will be gone before it happens.
Galchenyuk might have been born in the US, but he lived in Russia from 4-15. So realistically he does have the same leverage in the KHL as Yak if he wants to use it. I'm sure Dynamo, CKSA or SKA would love to give him big bucks to go back.

Old
11-20-2013, 06:35 PM
Castle1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleatus View Post
To Edmonton: James Reimer, Jake Gardiner, Peter Holland, a 2014 1st round draft pick (presumably around 20th overall), and a 2015 1st round draft pick.
To Toronto: Nail Yakupov, and a 2014 1st round draft pick (presumably 2nd overall).

Leafs draft Aaron Ekblad, and their top nine forwards and top four d-men look like...

JvR - Kadri - Kessel
Lupul - Bozak - Yakupov
Kulemin - Bolland - Clarkson

Gunnarsson - Phaneuf
Rielly - Ekblad

Edmonton gets their long-awaited #1 goalie, a d-man with top-pairing upside, gets deeper at the center position, and gets futures in two 1st round draft picks.

Woot for both teams?
HAHAHA. You left out the sarcasm tag. This is garbage for edmonton.

Old
11-20-2013, 06:37 PM
Manitoba Oilers*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBester View Post
Kessel has more value than any Oiler, easy.
Kessel does not have more value than Hall or RNH or Yak
He may be better than RNH and Yak right now but not better than hall and all 3 have more value than Kessel

Old
11-20-2013, 06:38 PM
Peasy
All In The Game Yo

vCash: 485
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitoba Oilers View Post
He may be better than RNH and Yak right now but not better than hall and all 3 have more value than Kessel

Thats a good one!

Dude cant even stay healthy let alone score 30 goals multiple times.

Old
11-20-2013, 06:45 PM
shogun99

Stupid trade proposal is stupid.

Old
11-20-2013, 07:03 PM
416Leafer

While there is a TON of trade value going to the Oilers.. It still doesnt match up.

Reimer + Gardiner is probably pretty close value to Yakupov.

But Holland + mid-to-late 1st is nowhere close to being worth a 2nd overall pick.

Old
11-20-2013, 07:04 PM
Delicious Dangles

Stupid for both sides to do something like this. Helps nobody.

Old
11-20-2013, 07:09 PM
Richie Daggers Crime
Fistie Daggers Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudMovin View Post
Trades never work when one side is giving up the top 2 most valuable assets.
Trades never work when it's based on one side simply coveting top 5 1st round picks. Why are the picks even included in this nonsense? EA Sports trade.

Old
11-20-2013, 07:14 PM
TeamBester
Debunked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manitoba Oilers View Post
OK I'll give you Hall may have similar value, but to think Yak has more value is just silly. You hope Yak becomes what Kessel is. That's one of the best explosive wingers in the game.

Old
11-20-2013, 07:15 PM
sid49
#FreeGaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peasy View Post

Thats a good one!

Dude cant even stay healthy let alone score 30 goals multiple times.
It's really close. If hall plays like he did last year there'd only be about 6 or 7 players in the whole league id take over him.

Old
11-20-2013, 07:20 PM
showtime8

I don't get the over-reaction to this trade.

It is a little one-sided, but Yakupov will never be as good as people think until he gets surrounded with quality support players. And that has plagued the Oilers for a while now. You aren't giving the youngsters a chance because they aren't learning from anyone. They somewhat did that with trading for David Perron, who is a 2nd-3rd line tweener.

And it was also reported that the Oilers were open to trading their 1st round pick and obviously want value, but name me a young goalie in this league that's available. I wouldn't know many.

On a side note to this trade, I don't even want Yakuopov. I think he's too much of a perimeter player at the moment and the Leafs have some of those guys already. If I'm approaching Edmonton with a trade offer, its for Nick Schultz.

Old
11-20-2013, 07:27 PM
bobbyt91
you must quote me :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticOrange View Post
I'll put it this way, sunshine.

To EDM

Kessel + JVR

To TOR

2015 1st
2016 1st
Larsen
Roman Horak
Marco Roy

The oilers give up quality pieces - with a throw in- and yet the leafs get absolutely shafted.

Just because you're giving up things worth some value doesn't mean the proposal isn't horrid.
Well if you add Gardiner and the 2015 1st to the Leafs side and take out everything but the 2015 1st <would be a conditional 1st for the Oil and add Hall I may be OK with it.
it would look like Kessel+JVR+Gardiner+2015 1st for Hall and the 2015 1st and if it isn't a top 2 pick its RNH.

Old
11-20-2013, 07:35 PM
nmbr_24

Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime8 View Post

It is a little one-sided, but Yakupov will never be as good as people think until he gets surrounded with quality support players. And that has plagued the Oilers for a while now. You aren't giving the youngsters a chance because they aren't learning from anyone. They somewhat did that with trading for David Perron, who is a 2nd-3rd line tweener.

And it was also reported that the Oilers were open to trading their 1st round pick and obviously want value, but name me a young goalie in this league that's available. I wouldn't know many.

On a side note to this trade, I don't even want Yakuopov. I think he's too much of a perimeter player at the moment and the Leafs have some of those guys already. If I'm approaching Edmonton with a trade offer, its for Nick Schultz.
You say Yakupov will never be as good as people think but I say Gardiner will never be as good as some Leaf fans say he is, he will never be a top pairing D. Take a look at a guy like Torey Krug on Boston, I would take him over Gardiner and Krug is a bottom pairing guy and powerplay guy on the Bruins, I could see Krug working his way up to the 2nd pairing and that is about where I see Gardiner.

I think Reimer is a mediocre starting goaltender, that means I think he is average, middle of the pack, in the #15-20 range as far as ranking of starting goaltenders, Holland might be a 3rd liner, and then the Oilers downgrade in picks.

That sounds terrible and horribly lopsided in favor of Toronto to me, it is a perfect example of quantity for quality but even then it is not enough to get that deal done.

I am not even going to try to come up with something that would be fair to the Oilers because the original proposal is so far from fair that there is absolutely nothing to work from.

Last edited by nmbr_24: 11-20-2013 at 07:42 PM.
Old
11-20-2013, 07:36 PM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime8 View Post

this post is borderline delusional

-Yakupov is at a low point in his 60 game nhl career while being a former 1st overall pick with loads of raw skill.

-There is a way bigger likelihood that Yak will be much better than what people currently think he is.

-Ironically, I would say he is comparable to Phil Kessel when he first came to the Leafs....a touted goal scorer running hot and cold....a couple years later and Kessel became a perrenial all-star.

-The Oilers just got a goalie for free and a former whl champ goalie prospect instead of trading a 1st round pick.

-Yakupov is not a perimeter player, he is a dynamic goal scorer. That is why he went 1st overall. Go watch an old sting game....or even, god forbid, and nhl game.

Old
11-20-2013, 07:39 PM
Atomos2
#theProspectsGrim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absent Canuck View Post
Dubyk is as good as Reimer is. Gardiner is good but not great. Holland is ok. 14 and 15 first rounders is ok but are going to be low picks.

For...................Yakupov and Ekblad.

Wrong.

To get Yakupov and the Oilers first the leafs need to deal ............

Kessel and Gardiner

or

JVR Kadri and Lupul

or

Reilly JVR and Kadri
This is where you lost your audience

Old
11-20-2013, 07:40 PM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbatz12 View Post
so Nail is god ? Hes the son of a ***** thats struggling. Gardiner skates circles around players like him.
Jake Gardiner, you mean the guy who's been trade bait?

Huh, didn't know he's suddenly an all star Dman.

Old
11-20-2013, 07:56 PM
Mapleleafs Fan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad Mikowsky View Post
Jake Gardiner, you mean the guy who's been trade bait?

Huh, didn't know he's suddenly an all star Dman.
Just like Yakupov man!

Old
11-20-2013, 08:01 PM
showtime8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldNewLettuce View Post
this post is borderline delusional

-Yakupov is at a low point in his 60 game nhl career while being a former 1st overall pick with loads of raw skill.

-There is a way bigger likelihood that Yak will be much better than what people currently think he is.

-Ironically, I would say he is comparable to Phil Kessel when he first came to the Leafs....a touted goal scorer running hot and cold....a couple years later and Kessel became a perrenial all-star.

-The Oilers just got a goalie for free and a former whl champ goalie prospect instead of trading a 1st round pick.

-Yakupov is not a perimeter player, he is a dynamic goal scorer. That is why he went 1st overall. Go watch an old sting game....or even, god forbid, and nhl game.
How about you read my post before you go off on a tangent about how good Yakupov is.

I simply stated that he needs to play with better players to see how good he can be. And I've seen half of the Oilers games and that's enough time to tell me how a player plays.

Oh right, you got Bryzgalov. He's probably your answer long term. And your former WHL champ goalie is playing in the ECHL. Forgive me for this.

Dynamic goal scorers can play on the perimeter. I'm not debating that fact whatsoever. I stated that the Leafs have those players already. Kessel, Raymond and Kadri aren't the power forward types, but play on the outside and use their speed.

Old
11-20-2013, 08:06 PM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomos2 View Post
This is where you lost your audience
You have no idea what you are writing.

Old
11-20-2013, 08:09 PM
I am Canadian
Swedes + Leafs =

Reimer is miles ahead of Dubnyk.

Dubnyk can't stop a beach ball while Reimer continues to put up dominant performances.

Old
11-20-2013, 08:09 PM
T M L
Make Belief Captain

Toronto has one of the best group of wingers in the NHL.

Just stop with these stupid Yakupov to T.O threads. We don't need him, don't want him... enough said.

Old
11-20-2013, 08:10 PM
GordieHoweHatTrick

I'd rather keep Gardiner, thanks.

Old
11-20-2013, 08:15 PM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Canadian View Post
Reimer is miles ahead of Dubnyk.

Dubnyk can't stop a beach ball while Reimer continues to put up dominant performances.
This is ridiculous. You aren't watching him play. He really has turned him game around. In spite of the horrid defense in front of him.

Its as though the signing of Bryz lit a fire under his rear end.

Closed Thread