HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Toronto + Edmonton Blockbuster (On or before draft day)

Closed Thread

Old
11-20-2013, 08:17 PM
ResilientBeast
MLFH Edmonton Titans

vCash: 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by 416Leafer View Post
While there is a TON of trade value going to the Oilers.. It still doesnt match up.

Reimer + Gardiner is probably pretty close value to Yakupov.

But Holland + mid-to-late 1st is nowhere close to being worth a 2nd overall pick.
Reimer and Gardiner is not even close to Yakupov

Old
I am Canadian
Swedes + Leafs =

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absent Canuck View Post
This is ridiculous. You aren't watching him play. He really has turned him game around. In spite of the horrid defense in front of him.

Its as though the signing of Bryz lit a fire under his rear end.
It's going to take more then 3 games to call him as good as Reimer ..

Old
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by T M L View Post
Toronto has one of the best group of wingers in the NHL.

Just stop with these stupid Yakupov to T.O threads. We don't need him, don't want him... enough said.
On a side note , can you explain something to me?

I read guys write ..........'enough said' or 'nuff said'

What is that? The signal that this opinion is gospel, there is no need for futher debate and I hereby disallow any others to 'speak' on this issue !

Is that it?

Old
11-20-2013, 08:19 PM
T M L
The Big Smoke

Quote:

What is that? The signal that this opinion is gospel, there is no need for futher debate and I hereby disallow any others to 'speak' on this issue !

Is that it?
Yes, correct.

Old
11-20-2013, 08:20 PM
Wizeman*

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Canadian View Post
It's going to take more then 3 games to call him as good as Reimer ..
I think he will get there. I certainly wouldn't trade assets to get Reimer when you already have Dubnyk.

I upgrade the defense.

Old
11-20-2013, 08:23 PM
Leaf Rocket
Leaf Fan Till I Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilwave View Post
You mean the guy who wasn't good enough to be the number 1 in Toronto?
Pretty sure he'll be better than mr universe and devan dubnyk. As the saying goes...beggars cant be choosers.

However this is an awfully one sided trade. I don't even like it for the leafs but I dont even like for the oilers because it`s pretty odd.

11-20-2013, 08:25 PM
belair

Leaf fans on HF are hilarious.

The OP is wasting his time. You guys wouldn't even trade Harrold for Yakupov, right?

Enjoy your 'dominant' goaltenders and another first round exit because those 'dominant' goaltenders couldn't handle an ounce of pressure.

Old
11-20-2013, 08:27 PM
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind

Quote:

Is that it?
While I would say that's ridiculous, he is right about the Yakupov to Toronto thing, we have a great group of forwards, and as long as they stay healthy and play to their potential, we should be good. Defense is the only spotty play we have, and a simple trade to gain a guy should be able to shore it up quite a bit would be what we need. Besides, why would they want to sell Yakupov out so early? Even Boston gave Seguin good chances to play. Like Seguin, if they make a trade, it will probably be in the offseason.

Old
showtime8

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbr_24 View Post
You say Yakupov will never be as good as people think but I say Gardiner will never be as good as some Leaf fans say he is, he will never be a top pairing D. Take a look at a guy like Torey Krug on Boston, I would take him over Gardiner and Krug is a bottom pairing guy and powerplay guy on the Bruins, I could see Krug working his way up to the 2nd pairing and that is about where I see Gardiner.

I think Reimer is a mediocre starting goaltender, that means I think he is average, middle of the pack, in the #15-20 range as far as ranking of starting goaltenders, Holland might be a 3rd liner, and then the Oilers downgrade in picks.

That sounds terrible and horribly lopsided in favor of Toronto to me, it is a perfect example of quantity for quality but even then it is not enough to get that deal done.

I am not even going to try to come up with something that would be fair to the Oilers because the original proposal is so far from fair that there is absolutely nothing to work from.
I'll have to respond to you as well. I said that he will never be as good as people think until he plays with better players.

I think that Jake Gardiner is a #3 defenceman and has the ability to be a #2 if he works on his defensive game. Torey Krug is alright, but its personal preference on who you want to take between the two. You could argue either way that the other is a better skater because there's no way to acutally prove it. So I'm going to say that Gardiner is the better skater.

I think the biggest issue that this trade faces is what goaltender is available? If you are going to take ALL goalies into account:

- Holtby- possible with the right price, but WSH need him to play well for another deep run
- Niemi - age isn't right for the Oilers aand key to Shark team
- Quick - no chance
- Crawford - just signed after winning the cup
- Bishop - Tampa is playing well finally after finding a goaltender. Hard to get him.
- Fleury - not likely, but could be a chance with an overpayment
- Rask - No chance
- Howard - paid to well and I don't think Detroit gives up on him
- Bobrovsky - just won the Vez., no chance
- Pavlec - not sure he would be available
- Halak/Elliott - both hitting free agency this year, so this is a very likely choice
- Backstrom - paid to well
- Lundqvist - one of the best in the world. Rangers would be dumb to give him up.
- Rinne - no chance
- Hiller/Fasth - its possible, but Hiller has had injury problems, so need a bit of an insurance policy
- Luongo - no chance
- Schneider - no chance
- Price - no chance
- Mike Smith - no chance
- Miller - even if they do trade for him, he's said that he wants to play on the west coast
- Lehtonen - no chance
- Anderson/Lehner - its possible that the Senators let one of these guys go
- Varlamov - no chance
- Nabokov - no chance
- Thomas - no chance

So out of all of those choices, you may have 5 or 6 guys at most that could be made available. So realistically, Riemer is among the best 6 available, it doesn't matter if he's 15th best in the league. That being said, it would take more than just Reimer to get Yakupov, but I wanted to point out that its not that easy to say that you like a goalie. They must be available as well.

Old
GordieHoweHatTrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by belair View Post

The OP is wasting his time. You guys wouldn't even trade Harrold for Yakupov, right.

Enjoy your 'dominant' goaltenders and another first round exit because those 'dominant' goaltenders couldn't handle an ounce of pressure.
Bahahahaha. Oilers fans mocking playoff teams.

You're right, OP is wasting his time offering up quality assets for a winger when the Leafs have 3 better than him signed for the long-term.

Old
11-20-2013, 08:29 PM
Empros*

Lol at Leaf fans thinking Reimer has value.

Old
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by belair View Post

The OP is wasting his time. You guys wouldn't even trade Harrold for Yakupov, right?

Who is "Harrold"?!!?! And we don't have "dominant" goalies, but we have goalies who can hold more pressure than you think, and more pressure than Dubnyk. Simply playing in Toronto puts more pressure on them than most if not all other hockey teams. So while the first statement is ridiculous on their part, your second statement is just as ridiculous.

Old
Horvat2Virtanen
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 50
I'm actually laughing so hard reading some Leafs fans decline this trade, talk about overvaluing your players.

Old
11-20-2013, 08:30 PM
SeaOfBlue
No Leaf Left Behind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empros View Post
Lol at Leaf fans thinking Reimer has value.
And you suggest he doesn't? May I ask the value of Dubnyk then?

Old
11-20-2013, 08:31 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

And this thread is done

Closed Thread