HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

I believe that this is gonna be the new deal in canada!

Closed Thread

Old
11-20-2013, 04:10 PM
coldblaster

vCash: 500
I believe that this is gonna be the new deal in canada!

I believe that Bell Media and Rogers will split the English NHL contract with TSN airing national games during the week and Rogers airing regional games on Saturday night, with CTV airing matches locally in each of Canada's 7 NHL markets. As far as the French package goes, I believe that CBC's Radio-Canada will make a bid for the rights. They'll mostly air Habs games on Saturday nights and Sens games on Sunday afternoons, with RDS & TVA Sports carrying it through the week.
During the playoffs, TSN, RDS, TSN 2, RDS2, the regional Rogers networks and TVA Sports will carry the bulk of the games with weekend games on CTV(on a regional basis) and nationally on Radio-Canada.
Any suggestions?

Old
11-20-2013, 04:11 PM
IU Hawks fan
They call me 'IU'

vCash: 772
Okay then..

Old
11-20-2013, 05:33 PM
Fugu
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 500
Seeing we just had a discussion on what a TV deal could look like, I decided we'd wait until some actual news developed on this front before allowing a new thread.

Closed.

Closed Thread