HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Glennon: Future of Eaton with Preds not Bright

Closed Thread

Old
07-24-2005, 10:00 AM
handtrick

vCash: 500
Glennon: Future of Eaton with Preds not Bright

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLENNON
The Predators will re-sign restricted free agent Dan Hamhuis, but the future of three other restricted free agents — Jamie Allison, Mark Eaton and Andreas Lilja — isn't as bright. Lilja, in fact, has already told the Predators he doesn't plan to play in the NHL this season.
Somewhat surprised by this...I guess the Grand Rapids fiasco has had some lingering effects....

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...507240379/1028

Old
07-24-2005, 10:25 AM
beautypersoni

It would be a shame, IMO, to let Mark Eaton go. Even though he's not stellar in any particular area, he's more than capable and very consistent in all areas of play. He's truly one of the most under-estimated players, not just in Nashville, but in the league.

Assuming the Predators do keep Eaton :fingers crossed:, we'd still have at least two defense positions to permanently fill. We'd have Mark Eaton, Dan Hamhuis, Kimmo Timonen, and Marek Zidlicky on the team. Jamie Allison and Andreas Lilja won't be back.

If Nashville doesn't plan on going out and getting a relatively big-name defenseman to boost our blueline, we have Ryan Suter and Shane Hnidy to fill in those last two positions. I'd be happy with that. Our real holes are up front anyway.

Anyhoo...

Christopher "Beautiful" Carlson
Canada's #1 Nashville Predators Fan
"You can never have too many pucks."

Old
07-24-2005, 11:24 AM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

fill defensive holes from within our organization

I say throw Suter to the dogs, he's ready and go out and sign a couple of offensive players (more specificially a 1st line center & a 3rd line RWer)

Old
07-24-2005, 12:24 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

That article mentions specifically that the Preds are shopping for a defenseman on the free agent market...and since Leipold said he wants "A" free agents...I wouldn't be surprised to see a guy like Hamrlik signed.

Old
07-24-2005, 12:43 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
That article mentions specifically that the Preds are shopping for a defenseman on the free agent market...and since Leipold said he wants "A" free agents...I wouldn't be surprised to see a guy like Hamrlik signed.
A guy like Hamrlik would be a great fit and a good match with Timonen. I thought Eaton would have been a nice partner with Hammer on the second pairing. Eaton's steady nature would have given the green light to Hamhuis to play a little more aggressive. That leaves us with Suter/Zidlicky and a pickup (Hnidy maybe) to battle for the last few spots. Zidlicky and Suter intrigues me. Suter is young, but being teamed with Zidlicky forces him to focus solely on the defensive aspects at first.

Of course, we could see this combo:

Hamrlik - Timonen
Zidlicky - Hamhuis
Eaton/Hnidy/pickup - Suter

Old
07-24-2005, 01:04 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

As I said in another thread, I would love to have Hamrlik. He has the rare blend of offensive and defensive prowess.....His addition would be huge for our defensive corps. Still, I would hate to lose Eaton for nothing, especially after his past year.....Could we not at least qualify him?!?!?!

P.S. Turgeon was just bought out today. I wouldn't mind to see him dawn the Predator Blue and see what he has left.

07-24-2005, 02:14 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
So what is the deal w/ eaton? Is this still because he signed with grand rapids before consulting with the preds/ads?

Old
07-24-2005, 02:23 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

I think the Hamr would be a great fit in Nashville, has good size, plays a physical game and has a decent shot. Just looked and he had 16 points, +16 in 45 games playing for HC-Zlin in Czech Rep.

As for Turgeon, if we had a spot for him on the team that he would be of use why not go for him, I think he still has a few more productive seasons in him.

Closed Thread