HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Growing The Fan Experience at the Prudential Center: Trophy Lounge, Fan Sections

Old
11-22-2013, 07:59 PM
Emperoreddy
End is Near

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
At least they've continued the tradition of the ushers greeting the exiting fans after wins, they even had thundersticks after the Penguin game.
Ya they did, and I got to give Earl a high five!!!

And it is true, every team inflates their numbers. Dolan Dust is not rare, especially outside of the NFL where sell outs are rarer. This includes the Red Sox and their "sellout" streak.

Emperoreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 09:01 PM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

A lot of good ideas in this thread but ultimately, even if presented thoughtfully and clearly, I don't think you'd get more than lip service from the management there.

Maybe I'm just jaded.

Luke3026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 09:48 PM
Mory Schneideur*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperoreddy View Post
Ya they did, and I got to give Earl a high five!!!

And it is true, every team inflates their numbers. Dolan Dust is not rare, especially outside of the NFL where sell outs are rarer. This includes the Red Sox and their "sellout" streak.
I'm not crazy about them changing the name of Earl's Dance Party to Devils Dance Party, but I'm glad they didn't ax it.

Mory Schneideur* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 09:49 PM
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!

Maybe Earl wanted royalties?

ThePSEGPowerPoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 11:19 PM
SETHROLLINS

I'll never forget during the 11-12 season when one of the younger ushers was featured on the big screen dancing and two blonde girls probably his age walked up to him and started to dance very very inappropriately. It took them a good ten seconds probably to cut the camera feed but it was hilariously unexpected to watch.

Last edited by SETHROLLINS: 11-23-2013 at 11:25 AM.
SETHROLLINS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-22-2013, 11:31 PM
KaossKing
Pacing Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePSEGPowerPoster View Post
Maybe Earl wanted royalties?
worth it.

KaossKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 07:54 AM
indfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnyrocket View Post
I'm not crazy about them changing the name of Earl's Dance Party to Devils Dance Party, but I'm glad they didn't ax it.
Just another example of the Devils refusing to promote their stars ... it's all about the team

indfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 12:49 PM
Devils Trap
Cory's Better

Send a message via AIM to Devils Trap
Quote:
Originally Posted by zap14 View Post
I'll never forget during the 11-12 season when one of the younger ushers was featured on the big screen dancing and two blonde girls probably his age walked up to him and started to dance very very inappropriately. It took them a good ten seconds probably to cut the camera feed but it was hilariously unexpected to watch.
I was at that game

Devils Trap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 10:39 PM
Devils Dominion
Not again

You guys notice the Devils Den promotion for Wednesday night's game?

Up to 30% off excluding jerseys.
Look on the Devils website and promotions page.

Devils Dominion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 11:17 AM
Mory Schneideur*

Regarding the "Champions Lounge/Hall of Fame/Musuem", I came across these photos of Brodeur's dogs with mini-trophies below. It made me think & I wanted to use this as an example regarding exhibits and content at the Lounge. First, Mini-trophies, gotta have those! Secondly, if you take the mini-Vezina for example, it would be cool if we showed a more personal side of the players and include something like these photo's Brodeur has of his dogs. Also, some childhood & rookie photos can be thrown in showing a small time-line of Brodeur's Hockey Life. Then something like a game worn jersey can be thrown up, maybe a game puck or two, a replica mask or a game used stick + glove, perhaps some netting from game 552 & perhaps a video montage of greatest moments. Finally something interactive would be cool, like getting to play a copy of NHL14 that features Marty. This is just one player, imagine a whole section with stuff from Stevens, Claude Lemieux, 1995, 2012 cup run, etc.

We could do this for all players and persons that had pivotal roles in our organization. Then we could add other quirky stuff like the move to NJ, mickey mouse debacle, the 300 fans in the snowstorm, octopuses in 95 finals, etc. This is what I would envision. This Hall of Fame/Lounge could tell the story of our organization, our past, present & future, our idols, our role players, our builders and even our fans.

Edit: I also came across this ebay listing, a 2 foot stanley cup replica for only $300+, so this shows us how easily and how cheap some of this stuff can be obtained for. Something like this can be purchased and engraved with the names of the teams that won for example.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NHL-Replica-...-/200993572588

Old
11-25-2013, 10:41 PM
njdevils1982
Hell Toupée!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke3026 View Post
A lot of good ideas in this thread but ultimately, even if presented thoughtfully and clearly, I don't think you'd get more than lip service from the management there.

Maybe I'm just jaded.

a jersey concert footage. lip service indeed

njdevils1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 11:08 PM
Wingman77
Glory Days

For whatever it's worth, one of my best friends got home from school today so we went to the game, first of the year for him, been going to games with him since we were pups and he was surprised with how poor the atmosphere was - he had been following along on social media with what has been going on, but didn't expect it to be as 'dead' as it was

Did it help that we didn't have much to cheer or get excited about, no, but regardless

As for the hidden corner where the HS jerseys now are - they have air hockey tables and what looks like a tv for video games with some seats around it - family friendly!

Wingman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-25-2013, 11:30 PM
apice3*

Who the hell goes to a hockey game to play video games? I get that there are families who go just because someone they know gave them free tickets, but give me a break.

apice3* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 09:41 AM
Devils Dominion
Not again

Anyone here do the Dream Day Camp last night?

Old
11-26-2013, 09:42 AM
Devils Dominion
Not again

Quote:
Originally Posted by apice3 View Post
Who the hell goes to a hockey game to play video games? I get that there are families who go just because someone they know gave them free tickets, but give me a break.
Kids during pregame and intermissions.

Old
11-26-2013, 10:01 AM
Luke3026
When you're burned..

So I guess Earl's Dance Party (later Devils Dance Party) is finally dead. Didn't see it last night and I was sitting right next to his platform.

(Maybe Earl was overheard using the word "sucks" on the concourse. )

Luke3026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 12:17 PM
Mory Schneideur*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman77 View Post
For whatever it's worth, one of my best friends got home from school today so we went to the game, first of the year for him, been going to games with him since we were pups and he was surprised with how poor the atmosphere was - he had been following along on social media with what has been going on, but didn't expect it to be as 'dead' as it was

Did it help that we didn't have much to cheer or get excited about, no, but regardless

As for the hidden corner where the HS jerseys now are - they have air hockey tables and what looks like a tv for video games with some seats around it - family friendly!
Yea i saw that! It's called the Devil's Kids Zone! Pretty cool!

I hope the organization does something similar but for grown-ups & make this Champions Lounge/Hall of Fame for us.

As for the atmosphere, yea it's been dying lately. The new management is sucking the life and fun out of being at a Devils game. It's starting to feel like CAA all over again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devils Dominion View Post
Anyone here do the Dream Day Camp last night?
I wanted to do that! I hope they don't kill it because it seems like a really cool idea! They should promote it during the games more. I saw the guys practicing and it looked cool.

Old
11-26-2013, 01:08 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke3026 View Post
So I guess Earl's Dance Party (later Devils Dance Party) is finally dead. Didn't see it last night and I was sitting right next to his platform.

(Maybe Earl was overheard using the word "sucks" on the concourse. )
This was only the second home game (that I can recall) that didn't have it. They had it the last game before. They just don't put it on the game night script every day. They're not cutting it out.

Quote:
As for the atmosphere, yea it's been dying lately. The new management is sucking the life and fun out of being at a Devils game. It's starting to feel like CAA all over again.
Because of course on ice performance couldn't have a single thing to do with fan enthusiasm.

Scott04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 01:11 PM
downtown56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post
This was only the second home game (that I can recall) that didn't have it. They had it the last game before. They just don't put it on the game night script every day. They're not cutting it out.

Because of course on ice performance couldn't have a single thing to do with fan enthusiasm.
And they just bought a backdrop for him to dance in front of with "devils dance party" on it

downtown56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 02:29 PM
Mory Schneideur*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott04 View Post

You make a good point, having the same thing every game makes it monotonous a bit.

Regarding the on ice performance I don't think it's that. It seems to me all the marketing is more kid focused recently, which takes the fun out of it for us young adults. All they show now is kids dancing, the new kid's zone, don't cuss in front of the kids, it's all tuning into kids, kids, kids! I might be wrong but that's what it seems like to me.

Old
11-26-2013, 02:57 PM
Scott04

Quote:
You make a good point, having the same thing every game makes it monotonous a bit.

Regarding the on ice performance I don't think it's that. It seems to me all the marketing is more kid focused recently, which takes the fun out of it for us young adults. All they show now is kids dancing, the new kid's zone, don't cuss in front of the kids, it's all tuning into kids, kids, kids! I might be wrong but that's what it seems like to me.
Showing kids dancing and cheering has been the main focus of the video boards for years. And is for just about any sports team. What they look for is fans that are dancing/cheering/looking happy. More often than not, that ends up being kids as they often just love the idea of being on the big board. That's not Devils specific, and that's not a change in philosophy.

And no, on-ice performance is a big part of it. If the game presentation sucks, people don't care as much if the team is winning. Many people, especially adults, go for the game and for the team that is winning more often. If the team sucks, the game presentation/atmosphere/all of this other stuff is an additional point of complaining. Winning cures all in sports. This is no different.

Scott04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 03:15 PM
Marv4Life
Worth billions...

Except they're overdoing it with the childish crap it appears unlike most of the teams in the NHL. This isn't high school hockey; it's pro sports. Little Kids en masse shouldn't be going to games on a school night anyways.

Marv4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 03:16 PM
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!

*Patiently waits for NJ to be replaced by the Tazmanian Devil*

Old
11-26-2013, 03:19 PM
njdevil26
I hate avocados

PLEASE less top 20 songs and MORE RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE

njdevil26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 03:20 PM
ThePSEGPowerPoster
LOSER POINTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevil26 View Post
PLEASE less top 20 songs and MORE RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
You sure you don't want to hear Blurred lines played 300 times?