HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Kyle Turris

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-21-2013, 08:01 PM
  #1
Bure All Day
Registered User
 
Bure All Day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver Isl.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,071
vCash: 500
Kyle Turris

What would it take for the Canucks to get Kyle Turris.

Edler+? Is it out of the question?

Bure All Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 08:05 PM
  #2
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,270
vCash: 500
There's nothing you have that can get him. Would require an elite player under 25

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 08:07 PM
  #3
dan1el
Registered User
 
dan1el's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Sweden
Posts: 2,684
vCash: 500
He's as close to untouchable as a player as we have. You ain't gettin him cheap.

dan1el is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 08:07 PM
  #4
Bure All Day
Registered User
 
Bure All Day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver Isl.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,071
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
There's nothing you have that can get him. Would require an elite player under 25
so Edler + Kassian + Schroeder + 1st wouldn't do it?

Bure All Day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 08:09 PM
  #5
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure All Day View Post
so Edler + Kassian + Schroeder + 1st wouldn't do it?
Not even close. Not exaggerating. 24 year old 1st line centre at a bargain $3.5M per year with 5 years left who also happens to be a great defensive player.

close thread. Not even close.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 08:10 PM
  #6
jimmycarter
Registered User
 
jimmycarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,882
vCash: 500
not that high IMHO.

jimmycarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 08:10 PM
  #7
YotesFan47
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phoenix, Arizona USA
Country: United States
Posts: 597
vCash: 500
The sad thing is if he was a little more patient that would be the 1st line center for the coyotes :/

YotesFan47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 08:13 PM
  #8
HockeySens
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,113
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YotesFan47 View Post
The sad thing is if he was a little more patient that would be the 1st line center for the coyotes :/
It was great for Turris to go to the sens, he got playing time and I think playing with alfie helped his development

HockeySens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 08:15 PM
  #9
Canadian Canuck
Jake Virtanen
 
Canadian Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,722
vCash: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Not even close. Not exaggerating. 24 year old 1st line centre at a bargain $3.5M per year with 5 years left who also happens to be a great defensive player.

close thread. Not even close.


oo


Are u kidding me? Canucks hang up!

Canadian Canuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 08:16 PM
  #10
Canadian Canuck
Jake Virtanen
 
Canadian Canuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Vancouver B.C.
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,722
vCash: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure All Day View Post
so Edler + Kassian + Schroeder + 1st wouldn't do it?


Why do canucks do this???

Canadian Canuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 08:18 PM
  #11
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,270
vCash: 500
You're wrong about Turris. So very wrong.


Edler is so overrated as well. Doesn't hold a candle to Hamhuis, Garrison and even Bieksa when it comes to defense.

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 08:18 PM
  #12
Jot
P.Kane = Kessel
 
Jot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure All Day View Post
What would it take for the Canucks to get Kyle Turris.

Edler+? Is it out of the question?
His value is really high right now, you're better off trying to acquire him during the offseason when his stats round out more.

Jot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 08:19 PM
  #13
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jot View Post
His value is really high right now, you're better off trying to acquire him during the offseason when his stats round out more.
Still not available, even if he ends up with 50 points

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 08:20 PM
  #14
Deku Scrub
Stay Strong Murray
 
Deku Scrub's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,372
vCash: 3900
Canucks wouldn't offer that, and I doubt we'd trade him for that. He's not going anywhere.

Deku Scrub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 08:21 PM
  #15
Jot
P.Kane = Kessel
 
Jot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Still not available, even if he ends up with 50 points
For the right price, everyone is available.

Jot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 08:22 PM
  #16
MAK19
FreeWierciochBanAndy
 
MAK19's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 13,270
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jot View Post
For the right price, everyone is available.
That price would be deemed huge overpayment. For example, that Edler +++ package would not get him. He's by far the Sens' best defensive forward and isn't going anywhere. Sens need all the bargain contracts they can get

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 08:24 PM
  #17
Jot
P.Kane = Kessel
 
Jot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,455
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
That price would be deemed huge overpayment. For example, that Edler +++ package would not get him. He's by far the Sens' best defensive forward and isn't going anywhere. Sens need all the bargain contracts they can get
It usually takes overpayment to get core young players. So i agree.

Jot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 08:24 PM
  #18
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod
 
stryfe604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,962
vCash: 500
I will never understand Canucks fans proposals moving Edler. Makes no sense to me at all. I would move Garrison before Edler personally.

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 08:25 PM
  #19
Ray Ferraro
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,172
vCash: 265
Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
I will never understand Canucks fans proposals moving Edler. Makes no sense to me at all. I would move Garrison before Edler personally.
It's only because Edler seems moveable even with a NTC because he isn't from B.C like Garrison and Hamhuis.

I don't want to make any moves personally.

Ray Ferraro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 08:28 PM
  #20
Laoghaire
Registered User
 
Laoghaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,236
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure All Day View Post
so Edler + Kassian + Schroeder + 1st wouldn't do it?
That is a crazy good offer but no, I wouldn't take that for Turris.

Laoghaire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 08:30 PM
  #21
stryfe604
Believes in Yzergod
 
stryfe604's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,962
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooksie View Post
It's only because Edler seems moveable even with a NTC because he isn't from B.C like Garrison and Hamhuis.

I don't want to make any moves personally.
I do understand that but that should have relevance. Being from BC and playing in BC doesn't win cups. And that is the goal, Vancouver has a great D line, one of the best, but it is easier to replace Garrison than Edler.

stryfe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 08:33 PM
  #22
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,226
vCash: 567
After Karlsson, Turris is Ottawa's best player. Consider their budget issues and Turris' contract, and you have to think he's completely untouchable.

I'm not kidding, Turris is an absolute stud. Kid is great in both ends.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 08:35 PM
  #23
Magix
Registered User
 
Magix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,436
vCash: 500
Emerging as one of the better two way forward in the league. Under 25, cheap contract, scores big goals in the playoffs and shutdowns opposing top lines. I don't think the canucks have the right pieces to realistically make a deal where both clubs are happy.

Magix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 08:35 PM
  #24
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,399
vCash: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
You're wrong about Turris. So very wrong.


Edler is so overrated as well. Doesn't hold a candle to Hamhuis, Garrison and even Bieksa when it comes to defense.
Those 3 are also better than anyone on Ottawa when it comes to defense as well.

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-21-2013, 08:37 PM
  #25
Lord Flacko*
Down to let it go
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,399
vCash: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by stryfe604 View Post
I do understand that but that should have relevance. Being from BC and playing in BC doesn't win cups. And that is the goal, Vancouver has a great D line, one of the best, but it is easier to replace Garrison than Edler.
The reality is that none of them are going to get moved. Tanev is the only one that even has a slight chance of being traded, but we might as well just hold on to him because no one is going to offer us a good enough return.

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.