HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

So glad I was wrong. (Habs win 3-2 against Ovi8)

Old
11-23-2013, 01:46 AM
Kriss E

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernHab View Post
DD scores a goal and the PGT shrinks to only 6 pages at 11:32 pm.

A scoring DD is a bandwidth killer.
I think winning+friday night might have more to do with it

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 02:13 AM
Runner77

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcemanTBI View Post
Bournival suffered a contusion. So nothing serious. He is questionable for tomorrow.
Great news. Outcome was uncertain, looked like a potentially serious injury at the time. Above info confirmed by le Journal de Mourial:

Quote:
Bournival n’a pas subi une blessure sérieuse même s’il a pris beaucoup de temps pour se relever. Après la rencontre, il marchait sans béquille et il pouvait mettre un peu de poids sur sa jambe droite.

«Je suis correct», a simplement dit l’attaquant recrue à sa sortie d’un petit bureau pour une rencontre avec les médecins de l’équipe.

Michel Therrien a parlé du courage de Bournival.

«Tu gagnes le respect de tes coéquipiers, en posant des gestes de la sorte, a dit l’entraîneur en chef. Encore ce soir, j’ai aimé ce que j’ai vu de lui.»

Pour le bilan médical, Therrien a été assez bref. «Il a subi une contusion», a-t-il précisé.

Bournival représentera donc un point d’interrogation pour le match contre les Penguins de Pittsburgh
http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...e-de-bournival

Runner77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 03:08 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

Surely Bourque plays over Parros, right?

dackelljuneaubulis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 05:19 AM
MasterDecoy
Carlos Danger

vCash: 1707
7 pages? we must have won

MasterDecoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 06:32 AM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
I wrote this summer that Marky if healthy could play effectively for another 3-4 years.

A lot of guys here disagreed with that.

Even though I agree with the youth movement, I have never included Marky in the trade effective vets for youth/picks approach. I do include Gio, Moen and Bourque however. And possibly Pleks.

Marky is where you and I diverged LG.

I was right. You were wrong. I am a better man than you, smarter, faster and stronger, and a better lover of women. I am magnificent, a god, while you are you just a lowly bug.
You forgot modest too.

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 06:35 AM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
Against Pens... One would hope if Bournival can't go.
next Sat against the Laughs, he is in the lineup and you hope he doesn't fall flat on his face.
... Just saying.

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 06:43 AM
FinnHab

So, we have league`s best goalie tandem at the moment?

FinnHab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 06:44 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

That game was a gift from the heavens. Bad call on DD goal, Budaj shutting the door on 3 breakaways, and 6 minutes of running around waiting for the buzzer. Cost us a bruised foot.

I took my dog out to piss in -4 weather this morning. His doggy ass wasn't as tight as this league is right now.

Last edited by Agnostic: 11-23-2013 at 06:54 AM.
Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 07:16 AM
Ice Poutine
Photoshop Nut

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
... His doggy ass wasn't as tight as this league is right now.
... did you actually check its canine tightness?

Ice Poutine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 07:30 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner77 View Post
Great news. Outcome was uncertain, looked like a potentially serious injury at the time. Above info confirmed by le Journal de Mourial:

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/201...e-de-bournival
I never though it looked very serious. Guys get shots on the feet all the time and it's rarely anything serious.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 07:31 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by dackelljuneaubulis02 View Post
Bourque is injured, didn't skate Thursday so he may be unavailable.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 07:55 AM
otto bond

The good:
Budja
Plekanec
Markov
Gionta(I dislike him but he did have a good game)
Emelin

The OK:
Moen
Bournival
Briere
Gallagher/Patch/DD
White
Subban
Eller
Gorges

The bad:
Prust
Diaz
Galchenyuk(I think Prust has drag this line douwn) but still he wasn't very good tonight.
Murray

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 08:07 AM
BigHabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
The good:
Budja
Plekanec
Markov
Gionta(I dislike him but he did have a good game)
Emelin

The OK:
Moen
Bournival
Briere
Gallagher/Patch/DD
White
Subban
Eller
Gorges

The bad:
Prust
Diaz
Galchenyuk(I think Prust has drag this line douwn) but still he wasn't very good tonight.
Murray
I don't know which game you were watching but these guys were good last night. Gallagher flying to the net. He must of been in 5-6 scrums because of crashing the net.

Murray was throwing guys around like they were nothing. There was a chance in the second where the puck was loose in the net two caps swinging away. Two arms he grabbed each of them and was pushing them out. Big hits on the wall. He got the puck out decently tonight as well. There were instances were the plays that Murray was in that if Bouillon was, Washington probably would of scored.

Just because guys don't get on the score sheet doesn't mean they weren't good.

I found those two stuck out the most in a great way for what they brought the team.

BigHabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 08:27 AM
PricePkPatch

So, how much TOI had Subban in the last 5 minutes? Therrien used him to protect the lead?!?! AMAZING!!!

PricePkPatch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 08:28 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peso View Post
I don't know which game you were watching but these guys were good last night. Gallagher flying to the net. He must of been in 5-6 scrums because of crashing the net.

Murray was throwing guys around like they were nothing. There was a chance in the second where the puck was loose in the net two caps swinging away. Two arms he grabbed each of them and was pushing them out. Big hits on the wall. He got the puck out decently tonight as well. There were instances were the plays that Murray was in that if Bouillon was, Washington probably would of scored.

Just because guys don't get on the score sheet doesn't mean they weren't good.

I found those two stuck out the most in a great way for what they brought the team.
Well I tough that Gallagher didn't have as much jump has he usely has.In Murray's case, maybe playing with Diaz made me overlook his good play infront of the net.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 08:32 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto bond View Post
Well I tough that Gallagher didn't have as much jump has he usely has.In Murray's case, maybe playing with Diaz made me overlook his good play infront of the net.
Patch-DD-Gallagher actually has been actually pretty effective.

Seems Patch and DD can do wonder together when they have a.. "disruptive" elements that rush and draw the opposition; a la Cole (through size and speed) or Gallagher (through sheer bloody mindedness)

Old
11-23-2013, 08:38 AM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
I never though it looked very serious. Guys get shots on the feet all the time and it's rarely anything serious.
Except when it breaks their foot.

Dr Gonzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 08:56 AM
Serious HABit

Quote:
That game was a gift from the heavens. Bad call on DD goal, Budaj shutting the door on 3 breakaways, and 6 minutes of running around waiting for the buzzer. Cost us a bruised foot.

I took my dog out to piss in -4 weather this morning. His doggy ass wasn't as tight as this league is right now.
what you do with your dog is your own business but we didn't need to know what you do to that that extent, dawg.

Serious HABit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 09:02 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
How do you disregard the fact that every freakin incident on our part that doesn't look like anything happens to be a whole lot? I mean, yes, when players received shots and limp on the ice, yet are able to follow a little and can get on their bench by themselves, that, I don't pay too much attention to. But somebody unable to get up and has to be carried out....it has to be concerning, at least as far as we're concerned.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 09:04 AM
Grant McCagg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
I'd still think we can do better than Diaz and Gorges.
With no salary cap..sure..we could do better. They are both extremely underrated on this board though. They both bring intangibles that aren't readily noticeable, including shot blocking and gap control. Diaz in particular has excellent gap control..doesn't give the opposition tons of room to create..his mobility allows him to remain close to opposing forwards.

I think Diaz gets far too much criticism on here. Third most minutes on a team with the second best goals against in the league. He can't shoot and he's not overly physical..but every dman with rare exceptions has a negative or two to his game. He's smart, mobile, competitive, good first pass, good vision. A lot of teams would welcome him on their bottom pairing, which is where the Habs now have him. When healthy - I think the Habs' defence is well above par.

Grant McCagg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 09:10 AM
sventington

vCash: 50
The Habs really kind of fell asleep after the 3rd goal, didn't they? They just refuse to play hard all game. It's weird.

sventington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 09:16 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant McCagg View Post
With no salary cap..sure..we could do better. They are both extremely underrated on this board though. They both bring intangibles that aren't readily noticeable, including shot blocking and gap control. Diaz in particular has excellent gap control..doesn't give the opposition tons of room to create..his mobility allows him to remain close to opposing forwards.

I think Diaz gets far too much criticism on here. Third most minutes on a team with the second best goals against in the league. He can't shoot and he's not overly physical..but every dman with rare exceptions has a negative or two to his game. He's smart, mobile, competitive, good first pass, good vision. A lot of teams would welcome him on their bottom pairing, which is where the Habs now have him. When healthy - I think the Habs' defence is well above par.
Problem is that to build a very good D, we are now facing a couple of things. What do we do with Markov? I,d re-sign him 'cause we have no other choices frankly. But that's not done yet. How much do you give Diaz if you keep him? And Diaz right isn't used as a bottom pairing guy like you say teams would welcome him. And I will believe that you cannot have that combination of not physical and/or slow as turtle with 4 of your 6 D. While they do have some intangibles, as a group, they do miss some tangibles. Just in players heads, when they know that Emelin is on the ice, their have their heads way up and feel they have less time to do the play....compared to when Diaz and Gorges are around. Diaz was suppose to be an offensive d-man. He's not. He's another Gorges with surely better puck dribbling skills and faster, while Gorges more defensively effective and less scared. Still, while each of them individually aren't THAT bad, as a group is makes it a very average group for me. Markov is aging...do we keep him? If the answer is as it should be...yes...he's still aging and his best years have to be behind him. At one point....not only we're missing a great #4 with Emelin on the 2nd pairing....but we're about to miss a #1 or #2 depending of where you see Subban....And that's not that much a long term problem....

As far as salary cap goes.....it pisses me off that in the sport like baseball where there should be a cap meaning that the Expos could come back and be legit.....hockey is a sport where we're the rich ones who would benefit from not having it.....but we do. But that's another story.....

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 09:22 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious HABit View Post
what you do with your dog is your own business but we didn't need to know what you do to that that extent, dawg.
I can't help it if you've never heard the saying 'tighter than a dogs ass in January' .

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 09:24 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
I can't help it if you've never heard the saying 'tighter than a dogs ass in January' .
Are dog *******s clenched more in January?

Old
11-23-2013, 09:24 AM
Ohashi_Jouzu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinnHab View Post
So, we have league`s best goalie tandem at the moment?
Well, we've got a starter near the top of his game, and possibly the best backup in the league, so there's a strong argument to be made, that's for sure.

Ohashi_Jouzu is offline   Reply With Quote