HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dallas - Philadelphia

Old
11-23-2013, 10:46 PM
hambl

vCash: 500
Dallas - Philadelphia

Dallas
Eakin
Daley
2nd

Philadelphia
Schenn x 2

Thoughts?

hambl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 10:54 PM
Frodo Baggins

Fan of both but no thanks.

Frodo Baggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 10:56 PM
JVR21
G

Kidding me?

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 11:01 PM
Boxscore
pre-Dead Puck Era

More like

Chiasson and Goligoski

for

Schenns and a 3rd

Boxscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 11:13 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
Milana <3

vCash: 157
Quote:
Originally Posted by hambl View Post
Dallas
Eakin
Daley
2nd

Philadelphia
Schenn x 2

Thoughts?
I'd probably do this, although it makes us worse now. Would hope Luke can rebound and at least become a serviceable #4/5 defender.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustafsson View Post
More like

Chiasson and Goligoski

for

Schenns and a 3rd
Goligoski is addition by subtraction at this point. I love Chiasson, but we have to say yes to this.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 11:18 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
Dallas
Eakin
Daley
2nd

Philadelphia
Schenn x 2

Thoughts?
We need Eakin and Daley. The centers are the same age and have the same points, and since Daley is better than Schenn why does Dallas add the pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
I'd probably do this, although it makes us worse now. Would hope Luke can rebound and at least become a serviceable #4/5 defender.

Goligoski is addition by subtraction at this point. I love Chiasson, but we have to say yes to this.
Get a grip. He led our blue line in points last season and is going to do so again this season. Even if he is overpaid, 27 pts in 47 games is worth plenty.

Mr Misty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 11:19 PM
Pman

Perhaps if it was Brendan Dillon

Pman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 11:25 PM
hambl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Misty View Post
We need Eakin and Daley. The centers are the same age and have the same points, and since Daley is better than Schenn why does Dallas add the pick?
Because Schenn is 24 and Daley is 30.

hambl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 11:30 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
Daley is better, cheaper, and signed for longer.

Old
11-23-2013, 11:34 PM
phlocky

Quote:
Also Schenn has a higher upside than Eakin and is probably the better player right now.

As it stands now:
Schenn > Eakin
L Schenn < Daley
Pick makes up for L Schenn still being young and having a good chance of still turning it around.

As a Flyers fan, it's an easy pass for me

phlocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 11:35 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
Milana <3

Quote:
Get a grip. He led our blue line in points last season and is going to do so again this season. Even if he is overpaid, 27 pts in 47 games is worth plenty.
Can you recall watching any of those points he put up? He's been absolutely terrible for us in our own zone. We have plenty of offense in our cupboard - we need defense, something Goligoski severely lacks.

Old
11-23-2013, 11:39 PM
TOGuy14

Saw thread preview and thought someone was trying to trade Dallas Eakins from Edmonton

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 11:44 PM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
Can you recall watching any of those points he put up? He's been absolutely terrible for us in our own zone. We have plenty of offense in our cupboard - we need defense, something Goligoski severely lacks.
This is exactly my argument. He appears to be bad, but good things happen when he is on the ice. Until somebody can prove that there is some kind of statistical anomaly causing those points, I say that his dreadfulness is a trick of my eyes. Also your eyes and everyone else's as well. Worthless players do not make the top 15 in points by defensemen.

Do you mean offense from forwards, or offensive defensemen? I'd say we have about none of the latter on the way.

Old
11-23-2013, 11:48 PM
MVW

vCash: 50
Flyers would never do this.

MVW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-23-2013, 11:49 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
Milana <3

Quote:
This is exactly my argument. He appears to be bad, but good things happen when he is on the ice. Until somebody can prove that there is some kind of statistical anomaly causing those points, I say that his dreadfulness is a trick of my eyes. Also your eyes and everyone else's as well. Worthless players do not make the top 15 in points by defensemen.

Do you mean offense from forwards, or offensive defensemen? I'd say we have about none of the latter on the way.
The latter. Connauton, Klingberg, Bystrom Oleksiak has an offensive side to his game, and then lesser guys like Sinitsyn, Hansson, Button, etc. I'll agree that that's "about none" though, if you say so.

Old
11-24-2013, 12:05 AM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
The latter. Connauton, Klingberg, Bystrom Oleksiak has an offensive side to his game, and then lesser guys like Sinitsyn, Hansson, Button, etc. I'll agree that that's "about none" though, if you say so.
Most of those guys are long shots IMO. In the time before Goligoski's deal expires, I don't think any of the guys you mentioned will hit 25 pts in an NHL season, which is why we can't just give him away. Oleksiak may have some offense at the NHL level but I would be really surprised if he produced at Goligoski's clip and part of me is convinced that in case of an injury the coaches would recall Rome before they played Connauton.

Old
11-24-2013, 12:30 AM
Antoine
HFBoards Sponsor

The value favours the Stars quite a bit.

Eakin is a great center who could very well be a top 6 centre in the near future. However, Brayden Schenn is better now and will likely be better than Eakin in the future. He has a higher ceiling that Eakin, with all respect.

Luke, on the other hand, has declined a bit. Some might label him a bust, which could be the case, but he's still an NHL roster defenseman for sure. I'll say that Daley is better right now, as he's a solid #3-4. He probably has more value at the moment, as he's signed to a nice contract and is locked up for a few more years.

The 2nd from Dallas' end does not even out the difference between Eakin+Daley and the Schenn Bros.

Antoine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 12:57 AM
Mr Misty
The Irons Are Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chet. View Post

Eakin is a great center who could very well be a top 6 centre in the near future. However, Brayden Schenn is better now and will likely be better than Eakin in the future. He has a higher ceiling that Eakin, with all respect.

Luke, on the other hand, has declined a bit. Some might label him a bust, which could be the case, but he's still an NHL roster defenseman for sure. I'll say that Daley is better right now, as he's a solid #3-4. He probably has more value at the moment, as he's signed to a nice contract and is locked up for a few more years.

The 2nd from Dallas' end does not even out the difference between Eakin+Daley and the Schenn Bros.
They are the same age. Eakin is a top 6 center right now, and he has 44 pts in 100 career NHL games. Schenn has 60 pts in 132 games, significantly outproducing Eakin's .44 pts per game with his .45 pts per game.

Certainly the Stars should pay at least a 2nd and make their defense much worse and more expensive so we can get a center who scores at the same rate as the one we lose.

Old
11-24-2013, 08:06 AM
Tripod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chet. View Post

The demise of L. Schenn is very overstated. He played as a top pairing for Philly last year and played well. He led the team D in +/- last year with +3 on a non playoff team. For d-men, He led the league with 187...next best was 153 and was #15 in blocked shots. Schenn won't show up in the sexy stats like goals and assist but does that hard lifting that defensive dmen do.

As for this year, he started with Timonen who he was paired with last year. Kimmo was noticeably slower and it effected the pairing as Luke is slower himself. They got exposed and Luke took the blame. If you looked at Flyers threads about it, you will see everyone blaming Timonen and Luke unfairly getting benched for Meszeros. After 3 games, Luke was put back in and paired with Gus. He and Luke have been great together. Luke has gone +5 in 7 games since the benching and has not been on for an ES goal against.

And to show how he was singled out, his worst game this year was -2 and it happened once.
Coburn has 2 games of -2 and one of -3 ....not benched

Philly will keep Lschenn and maybe D.Dreger can stop all the foolishness regarding Schenn.

Tripod is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 08:32 AM
Dr Quincy

Other than the fact that Schenn was drafted higher 4 years ago, can someone make an argument why he has a significantly higher upside than Eakin?

Dr Quincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 08:49 AM
Esq.

Quote:
LOL Schenn has been just fine. Flyers would never do that deal.

96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 09:03 AM
JVR21
G

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
LOL Schenn has been just fine. Flyers would never do that deal.
I laugh at the people who clearly don't watch Luke play but simply go off of what other people say on HFB who also don't watch him play. "Serviceable #4/5 defender"

JVR21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 09:19 AM
Flyerss

vCash: 1470
Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
I laugh at the people who clearly don't watch Luke play but simply go off of what other people say on HFB who also don't watch him play. "Serviceable #4/5 defender"
At Best Luke is a #9Dman oh no wait #11Dman

Flyerss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 09:33 AM
Morry83

Why do people believe Luke to be so bad. He's a very solid defenseman. He does exactly what he's supposed to. He's physical, blocks shots, etc. He doesn't need to put up points. He's a DEFENSIVE defenseman.

As for the proposal, it's tempting because I'm very much a fan of the Schenn bros, but I think I'll pass. For those who actually watch Eakin play, I wouldn't be quick to say Brayden is better. Overall, solid proposal.

Morry83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-24-2013, 10:18 AM
Esq.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JVR21 View Post
It's even worse. They are going off of some cryptic quote that Darren Dreger made after speaking with an unnamed "source" within the Flyers organization.

96 is offline   Reply With Quote