HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Kostitsyn anyone?

Closed Thread

Old
07-26-2005, 05:37 PM
NewHabsEra*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by adammacisaac
Look what Ottawa did with Jason Spezza. He was returned to junior for a year, then to the AHL. They gave him time to develop his skill set, and he will be an impact player in the NHL. I am not saying the Koystitsin is anything like Spezza, just that he is given time develop his game, he too could realize his immense potential.
Ottawa sent Spezza down cause he lacked consistency and intensity in some department of the game... It has improved but Spezza will never be a playoffs performer, lack some obvious grit and desire at time and tend to desapear when it become more physical.

Old
07-26-2005, 06:03 PM
Komisarek

Also, Kostitsyn will have the chance to play with best Oilers prospects!

If Rob Schremp doesn't play in NHL, they will make a great 1st line in Hamilton together... else, with Locke or Pouliot from Oilers!

Old
07-26-2005, 06:09 PM
NewHabsEra*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komisarek
Also, Kostitsyn will have the chance to play with best Oilers prospects!

If Rob Schremp doesn't play in NHL, they will make a great 1st line in Hamilton together... else, with Locke or Pouliot from Oilers!
Its NHL or another junior season for Shremp... 19 years old, not allowed to play in the AHL.

Old
07-26-2005, 09:16 PM
Komisarek

My mistake!

Old
07-26-2005, 11:06 PM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Don't rush the kids, trust the GM and the people paid to see if the kids are ready. We have players now that can play, and we do not need to hurt the kids by throwing them in early

Old
07-27-2005, 12:06 AM
Habruti!

I would be more suprised if Kost made the team this year then if chipchura made the team this year. I do not see neither of them making the big jump this year but its not far fetch to think they could earn a spot in training camp (just like Ryder did last year over a guy like Hossa).

Old
07-27-2005, 12:14 AM
toshiro
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via Yahoo to toshiro
Having seen Chip play there is no way he is ready. In fact there should be doubts about his ability to ever keep up with NHLers. His skating isnt the best.

Old
07-27-2005, 01:24 AM
habsforlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher20
does anyone here believe he could surprise everyone and being the player he didnt was last season? do you think he could put it together this season? I mean he did put it defense (way upgraded at least) and physical play in one season.. now could he put up the offense and surprise all (a lot at least) of us and making an impact in the NHL, i think a lot of us forgot or ignore the hype there was around him. he showed he could improve vastly in one year, now could he be the type of player who is transformed in one offseason?

will the the new rules help our mini forsberg
the guy has all the tools to do it. will he do it? i dont know. would i be surprise? a little of course but not as much as ryder last year. maybe another year in hamilton and a couple of games with the big club. and im pretty sure next year could be his. there is just no pressure for now. and i dont want him here to play on the checking line. he s better in the ahl on the 1st line.

Old
07-27-2005, 01:39 AM
fred2792

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habruti!
I would be more suprised if Kost made the team this year then if chipchura made the team this year. I do not see neither of them making the big jump this year but its not far fetch to think they could earn a spot in training camp (just like Ryder did last year over a guy like Hossa).
Chipchura will need one more year with is junior team and after that, he will play in AHL for one year before thinking about playing in NHL. He have to develop is offensive game and he's not a bad skater.

Old
07-27-2005, 02:13 AM
Wabalou

Y would leave Kotsitsyn in Hamilton for another year. He still as to learn how to play hockey North american style!!!!!!!

Closed Thread