HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TFP: Bergevin is looking to make a BIG splash

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2013, 02:19 PM
TT1

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
Didn't we hear about these same attitude claims about Subban when he was 22? Kids grow up and just cause he has issues with Noel or has pictures posted with money, doesn't mean he's a cancer. Now granted, I am not as familiar with the situation he is in over in Winnipeg so perhaps I have missed some things.

Bobby Ryan is also four years older and had the opportunity to play with a lot better offensive talent in Anaheim.
seriously what attitude issues are we talking about? everyone here acts as if they've grown up with the kid. players like patrick roy and patrick kane have done FAR worse things.. that didnt stop their teams from winning cups with them

i find it hilarious whenever i see random people on the internet questioning his character just because he took a pic of himself holding some money LOL

Old
11-26-2013, 02:20 PM
PricePkPatch*

People just have an inherent problem against the Gansta culture, and those trying to emulate it.

And no, am not talking about Gansta Plek

Old
11-26-2013, 02:23 PM
thom

Kane might be a punk but were trying to build a champion not 20 Mother Teresas.Aslong as Kane treats people good we have no problem.Check Super Bowl winners they have murders druggies and rapists so its nothing new

Old
11-26-2013, 02:26 PM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by thom View Post
Kane might be a punk but were trying to build a champion not 20 Mother Teresas.Aslong as Kane treats people good we have no problem.Check Super Bowl winners they have murders druggies and rapists so its nothing new
I... don't think he's actually a punk. Nor if he is a murderer, druggy or rapist.

However, the worry is that he might not be a good element to be part of our team. We just managed to create a group with a strong chemistry, and a character like Kane might not be the best of influence for our youngest players. Let's not repeat the clique-saster of Ribiero.

On the other hand, maybe he'd bond with Subban over music choices? And I know Subban is a good kid.

Old
11-26-2013, 02:29 PM
habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan

I agree but I still don't want Kane Evander to high of an asking price but if it was a good deal for us I'm all for it. But no subban, price, patches, chucky, Gally, eller, pleks, tiner everyone else I could care less. I would also throw in Markov as a untouchable too to valuable to this team.

Just imagine a line with patches- eller- Kane

Old
11-26-2013, 02:31 PM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs88 View Post
I agree but I still don't want Kane Evander to high of an asking price but if it was a good deal for us I'm all for it. But no subban, price, patches, chucky, Gally, eller, pleks, tiner everyone else I could care less. I would also throw in Markov as a untouchable too to valuable to this team.
You give nothing, you get nothing.

Unless you want a scrap trade, we will have to trade one of these. I am still hoping for the Philly-Winny-Habs trade I suggested earlier. We'd be deadly.

Old
11-26-2013, 02:45 PM
habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
You give nothing, you get nothing.

Unless you want a scrap trade, we will have to trade one of these. I am still hoping for the Philly-Winny-Habs trade I suggested earlier. We'd be deadly.
I know but I believe all of our players I named are better hockey players than Kane. Patches is comparable to Kane and I would prefer to hold on to patches but I'm interested in the trade u proposed gonna go take a look.

Old
11-26-2013, 02:52 PM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs88 View Post
I know but I believe all of our players I named are better hockey players than Kane. Patches is comparable to Kane and I would prefer to hold on to patches but I'm interested in the trade u proposed gonna go take a look.
in short:

To Philly:
Gallagher
Beaulieu
1st

To Winnipeg:
Eller
+????

To Montreal:
Couturier
Kane
Morin
Philly's 2nd

Old
11-26-2013, 03:04 PM
habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan

Quote:
in short:

To Philly:
Gallagher
Beaulieu
1st

To Winnipeg:
Eller
+????

To Montreal:
Couturier
Kane
Morin
Philly's 2nd
Not a bad trade but I don't know if I would do it. It's a tough one if I would wake up to this news I would lose my mind a bit. I would eventually get over it just because I think Gallagher is a bit to much. If you take out Gallagher and throw in Colberg which I'm high on and I know not everyone is but then it would sit a bit easier. But reasonable trade offer.

Old
11-26-2013, 03:06 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
in short:

To Philly:
Gallagher
Beaulieu
1st

To Winnipeg:
Eller
+????

To Montreal:
Couturier
Kane
Morin
Philly's 2nd
I like it but what would be the + ????

Old
11-26-2013, 03:07 PM
DJ Breadman

Quote:
I... don't think he's actually a punk. Nor if he is a murderer, druggy or rapist.

However, the worry is that he might not be a good element to be part of our team. We just managed to create a group with a strong chemistry, and a character like Kane might not be the best of influence for our youngest players. Let's not repeat the clique-saster of Ribiero.

On the other hand, maybe he'd bond with Subban over music choices? And I know Subban is a good kid.
oh he is a punk, remember last year the story of how he went out of supper at a place and walked out without paying a large bill or something, thought he was the man and didn't have to pay for anything in winnipeg, also many stories about him not tipping and just being an idiot all over town, that being said i don't care as long as he plays well on the ice

Old
11-26-2013, 03:07 PM
Pax Macioretty

Quote:
in short:

To Philly:
Gallagher
Beaulieu
1st

To Winnipeg:
Eller
+????

To Montreal:
Couturier
Kane
Morin
Philly's 2nd
Hell to the **** no for me.

Old
11-26-2013, 03:08 PM
TT1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
that doesnt work because the pieces you would need to add for winnipeg would make it so that were overpaying by quite a bit
assuming kane is valued at eller + high prospect + 1st

Old
11-26-2013, 03:09 PM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
No idea. Probably a pick or a low-level prospect? Eller for Kane is pretty solid, in theory, but maybe Winnipeg want a little something extra.

Old
11-26-2013, 03:10 PM
Chacal667

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
anyway I don't see philly and the jets doing it either so...

seriously Kane >>>> Eller

and Couturier is the best 2 way fowards on the flyers, if we consider his potential, they really like him

Old
11-26-2013, 03:10 PM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT1 View Post
that doesnt work because the pieces you would need to add for winnipeg would make it so that were overpaying by quite a bit
Maybe. Obviously, you don't do too much overpayment. But the idea isn't 100% bad.

There's got to be a reason why Kane is mentionned so damned much for trade potential.

Old
11-26-2013, 03:12 PM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
It's that kind of attitude that makes it impossible to discuss real potential trade on this board.

Most people would actually say the trades will be slanted in our favor, while you claim it's a steal for the other teams. I think you are overestimating the value of our players.

Old
11-26-2013, 03:30 PM
thom

I might have gone over board I know Kane is just a party boy.My point is may be if we have too many quire boys we will not have that extra tough element that teams have.If the right trade is made Kane would be a good player to get aslong he is good in the dressing room

Old
11-26-2013, 03:32 PM
rockjngo

I refuse to trade Gallagher. He's a special player and a heart and soul of this team for many years.

Old
11-26-2013, 04:06 PM
habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan

Instead of doing a three way trade lets completely forget about Kane and just with the flyers.

Simmonds

Beaulieu
And a first
Ill even throw in Diaz early Christmas gift

Or
Bourque
Beaulieu
Second rounder

I really don't want to trade eller at all but this is all hypothetical I want simmonds over Kane.

Old
11-26-2013, 04:10 PM
habs88
Ya I'm a habs fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
I refuse to trade Gallagher. He's a special player and a heart and soul of this team for many years.
I hear you bud that's the only reason I'm not a big fan of the trade. I truly believe Gallagher is going to be our next captain, just a theory there are plenty of other candidates but just saying.

Old
11-26-2013, 04:12 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Breadman View Post
oh he is a punk, remember last year the story of how he went out of supper at a place and walked out without paying a large bill or something, thought he was the man and didn't have to pay for anything in winnipeg, also many stories about him not tipping and just being an idiot all over town, that being said i don't care as long as he plays well on the ice
Still a poor character. Maybe a guy you gamble on if you can get him cheap, not a guy you pay through the nose to acquire and still have to pay him 5+ mil per year.

Pass.

Old
11-26-2013, 04:13 PM
attachetatuque
un gros bonhomme!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaosrevolver View Post
No, I am not.

I like Eller but I hold Kane with a lot more value. He's a big winger with a lot of skill and he's only 22.

So yeah I do think Eller+1st+B Prospect for a talent like Kane is fair. Then again, I like Evander Kane a lot more than you and quite a few others it seems.

Kane is a hell of a player, but he hasn't proved much. Take off the 1st and it's a fair deal. Not sure I would do it though.

Old
11-26-2013, 04:15 PM
jaffy27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockjngo View Post
I'll second that and I'm sure management would also

Old
11-26-2013, 04:17 PM
ChemiseBleuHonnete

guys, there won't be any big splash lol

Closed Thread