HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

The New Shop NHL Catalog

Closed Thread

Old
09-29-2003, 04:48 PM
Liquidrage*

vCash: 500
The New Shop NHL Catalog

I just got their catalog in the mail the other day.

On the back cover is some dude in a Flyers jersey with his back turned and he's standing inbetween two other guys that are in Av's jerseys.
The catch. My real last name is on the back of the Flyers jersey and I'm a Flyers fan. It's obvious that they used a printer and just printed the last name on the catalog in the right place to have it show up on the jersey.

But what I don't know is if the Flyers jersey is just a coincidence. I might have told NHL.COM that I was a Flyers fan at some point. I mean, hell. I don't even know how they get my address to send me a catalog.

So, I'm sure some of you also got the same catalog and aren't Flyers fan (don't ask me why you aren't, getting past the 1st Rnd is overrated) and what I want to know was the Flyers jersey on your back cover too?

Old
09-29-2003, 04:53 PM
flyrfan

Send a message via Yahoo to flyrfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquidrage
I just got their catalog in the mail the other day.

On the back cover is some dude in a Flyers jersey with his back turned and he's standing inbetween two other guys that are in Av's jerseys.
The catch. My real last name is on the back of the Flyers jersey and I'm a Flyers fan. It's obvious that they used a printer and just printed the last name on the catalog in the right place to have it show up on the jersey.

But what I don't know is if the Flyers jersey is just a coincidence. I might have told NHL.COM that I was a Flyers fan at some point. I mean, hell. I don't even know how they get my address to send me a catalog.

So, I'm sure some of you also got the same catalog and aren't Flyers fan (don't ask me why you aren't, getting past the 1st Rnd is overrated) and what I want to know was the Flyers jersey on your back cover too?
Yes, I got the catalog and the guy was in a Flyers jersey with my last name, and I'm a Flyers fan so I thought they might have set that up also, but it's probably for all catalogs.

Old
09-29-2003, 05:05 PM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyrfan
Yes, I got the catalog and the guy was in a Flyers jersey with my last name, and I'm a Flyers fan so I thought they might have set that up also, but it's probably for all catalogs.
It's the same on all catalogs, I have one with the guy in a Flyers jersey with my name on it too

Old
09-29-2003, 05:06 PM
nathan

You guys signed up for the mail order catalog right? When they ask for your address, they also ask for your favorite team as well.

So I should be expecting the catalog soon w/ my name on an Avs jersey

Old
09-29-2003, 05:20 PM
Tom Liodice

Send a message via AIM to Tom Liodice
It's the same on all catalouges. I'm sorry, but seeing my last name on a Flyers jersey wasn't exactly the most thrilling thing for me to see!

-TL

Old
09-29-2003, 05:23 PM
Sotnos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Liodice
It's the same on all catalouges. I'm sorry, but seeing my last name on a Flyers jersey wasn't exactly the most thrilling thing for me to see!

-TL
Me either!

The nice pic of Khabibulin on the inside flap more than made it up for me, though.

Old
09-29-2003, 05:45 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

lol mine has a flyer on the back to and I'm definitely not a flyers fan

Old
09-29-2003, 05:53 PM
Legionnaire
Kill! Jeff, Kill!!!

Same thing here. When I first noticed it(a parting glance) I kind of freaked out. I was like, what the heck? There is a player in the league with my last name!?!? Good work NHL.com you tricked me

Old
09-29-2003, 06:22 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionnaire
Same thing here. When I first noticed it(a parting glance) I kind of freaked out. I was like, what the heck? There is a player in the league with my last name!?!? Good work NHL.com you tricked me
maybe i didn't catch it b/c it was my girlfriends

Old
09-29-2003, 09:09 PM
Frozen North
Healthy Scratch

NFL.Com's Catalog actually sends you a team catalog, with your name on your teams jersey on the cover. Also, the merchandise shown is primarily of your team. I was hoping NHL.com would do the same.

Old
09-30-2003, 08:15 AM
mommyslittlemonster

vCash:
nhl catalog

So why in the @#$% can`t we get this catalog in canada.We invented the @#$%&$ game.

Closed Thread