HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL signs 12-year TV, Internet deal with Rogers | 22 Habs Games on TVA/TVA Sport

Old
11-26-2013, 04:19 PM
Player 61
#Winning

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Player 61
So, this deal will raise the "CAP" to 80 Million. So that's Great!

Player 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 04:22 PM
Analyzer*

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Player 61 View Post
Nah, now Subban can ask for even more with a pretty much guaranteed cap raise. Then, you'll have people comparing his caphit to another and not taking into account what the cap was at.

Analyzer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 04:23 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Nah, now Subban can ask for even more with a pretty much guaranteed cap raise. Then, you'll have people comparing his caphit to another and not taking into account what the cap was at.
At least there's space... now. whew!

Old
11-26-2013, 04:25 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Bell owns 18% of the Habs, they don't have any say about who gets the other 60 games. If Québecor offers much more than Bell, Molson will take the money. He is a business man after all. Now from what I understand, TVA might show more than 22 with today's deal because the rights guarantees exclusive rights to Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday games. Depending on the Habs schedule, TVA might show more. The remaining games (on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday) are up for grabs.

For those saying Bell should sue don't make me laugh. On what grounds? Hahah

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 04:28 PM
tez

vCash: 614
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverBFP View Post
Looks like we carry TVA here in MB but I don't see TVA Sport in any package, THATS what's pisses me off about this deal.
Saw that with Eastlink here in NS as well. I'm thinking maybe it will be added as a result of this, maybe? Although I think the Habs, for the most part, will be shown on the TVA main network. Maybe someone can confirm if that's true or not.

tez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 04:30 PM
Gary320

Quote:
Originally Posted by HH View Post
Bell owns 18% of the Habs, they don't have any say about who gets the other 60 games. If Québecor offers much more than Bell, Molson will take the money. He is a business man after all. Now from what I understand, TVA might show more than 22 with today's deal because the rights guarantees exclusive rights to Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday games. Depending on the Habs schedule, TVA might show more. The remaining games (on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday) are up for grabs.

I'm pretty sure all those 22 games will fall on Wednesday-Saturday-Sunday.

As of now, TVA can't get any more than 22 regular season games.

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 04:30 PM
JayKing
Go Habs Go

vCash: 135
Quote:
Source?

JayKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 04:32 PM
Player 61
#Winning

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayKing View Post
Source?
Per Watching Bob McCowan on Prime Time sports on SN. Not sure if that immediate starting next season or gradual?

Old
11-26-2013, 04:33 PM
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
I agree. But I wont be surprised if they force people to care, by putting Habs game on TVA Sport
the only way that would work is if they get all 82 games, if not, a lot of people are going to say screw the saturday games....

it will generate more money to have the Habs on TVA then on TVA sports regardless. it's easier to get higher ratings that way, and higher ratings makes it more money in publicity....

could you imagine a play-off game on TVA? If the Habs could get, only in Quebec, more than 1 million fan on RDS, TVA would get close to 2 millions for sure....

HABsurde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 04:34 PM
DJ Breadman

So does anyone have this figured out yet? Tva sports will air 22 games, the tsn regional still has rights to habs games so they'll show like 25 or however many they have and then sportsnet/cbc will show the sat night games, so the rest of the games are up for grabs? I'm just trying to figure out how I will get to see all 82 hab games like I do now with rds

DJ Breadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 04:36 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Quote:

Im not happy because of the TSN side of the deal but anything that hurt B-Hell is a good thing imo. They don't give a **** about their customers so we shouldn't givea **** about them getting shafted as well

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 04:39 PM
Uber Coca

This transaction could also mean higher ticket prices but more hockey coverage.

Uber Coca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 04:39 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 622
Quote:
Originally Posted by 131313 View Post
Negative

But i watch a lot of hockey on TSN and Habs game on TSN-M when they are on. They are the best broadcasts imho
This. CBC is alright but TSN knocks them out of the ballpark when it comes to panelist and play by play guys.

Today must be a very depressing day for TSN. All in all Sportsnet better and rightly should make major a overhaul when it comes to their hockey coverage.

donghabs98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 04:40 PM
radicalcenter

lol on top of that TVAsport keeps the exclusive rights to the QMJHL

radicalcenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 04:40 PM
HABsurde

Quote:
Originally Posted by hersky77 View Post
Im wondering who the broadcaster will be.

Will houde move to TVA

will the tsn guys move to sportsnet. Or we going to have to listen to rj broadhead yell for 60 minutes.Will john bartlett leave tsn 690 to do games for sportsnet (this is my biggest hope)
the smart move would be (if RDS remains broadcaster of the other 60 games) for the Habs to ask TVA to maintain Houde and Denis for the games and use other TVA sport personalities to do the rest (i could see Louis Jean = Alain Crête / Guy Boucher = Mario Tremblay / Enrico Ciccone = Benoit Brunet)

in any case, with all three channel possibilities and number of games, they'll need to hire more people or else Yvon Pedneault may die on the job!

Old
11-26-2013, 04:43 PM
HH
GO HABS GO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABsurde View Post
the smart move would be (if RDS remains broadcaster of the other 60 games) for the Habs to ask TVA to maintain Houde and Denis for the games and use other TVA sport personalities to do the rest (i could see Louis Jean = Alain Crête / Guy Boucher = Mario Tremblay / Enrico Ciccone = Benoit Brunet)

in any case, with all three channel possibilities and number of games, they'll need to hire more people or else Yvon Pedneault may die on the job!
Hmm that's not happening. TVA will get their own guys for the Habs games.

HH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 04:45 PM
Player 61
#Winning

I'm still not sure how this effects Regional coverage. TSN-Habs might retain it's 30 games depending how long that contract was for. Same with TSN-Jets. I'm trying to get info on that.

Old
11-26-2013, 04:45 PM
Whitesnake
Mediocre Stability

vCash: 725
Quote:
Originally Posted by marchabsfan View Post
the langevin days are PRE today's deal. chill out people. you DONT know how it will play out.
I hope it was. Though, by that response, you do seem to know how it will...can't wait to hear it.

Whitesnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 04:50 PM
Bronn
Registered Sellsword

Will TSN still do their trade deadline , draft and free agency fenzy specials ? Because i really can't see myself watching those on any other network...

I will give Sportsnet a chance but i am skeptic. One thing is sure though is that if they cover the NHL the same way they cover the UFC then we should be in good hands.

Bronn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 04:51 PM
Phil Parent
The Lama Of Levity

At the very least, Michel Villeneuve won't be involved with the Habs broadcasts: He announced he's retiring in June.

Phil Parent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 04:51 PM
Hemlor

Quote:
Will TSN still do their trade deadline , draft and free agency fenzy specials ? Because i really can't see myself watching those on any other network...

I will give Sportsnet a chance but i am skeptic. One thing is sure though is that if they cover the NHL the same way they cover the UFC then we should be in good hands.
SN has exclusive draft coverage, but TSN would still be able to the other things. They can still do the pre and post draft shows, which, I would imagine be a lot more involved now, but they can't cover the draft live

Hemlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 04:52 PM
Gary320

Quote:

They'll probably do the trade deadline and free agent frenzy since those are shows put up by the networks. But NHL Draft will be done by Sportsnet. I do expect a fantasy draft by TSN

Gary320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 04:52 PM
Adamcrazy3

vCash: 200
Quote:
I'm still not sure how this effects Regional coverage. TSN-Habs might retain it's 30 games depending how long that contract was for. Same with TSN-Jets. I'm trying to get info on that.
TSN habs and jets will continue to broadcast hockey games until their agreement expires. I think TSN jets expires after the 2021 season. Not too sure when TSN habs agreement expires.

Adamcrazy3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-26-2013, 04:53 PM
HABsurde

Quote:
Hmm that's not happening. TVA will get their own guys for the Habs games.
it's been working on the radio, it would make sense to have Habs broadcasters all around...

Old
11-26-2013, 04:55 PM
aingaran

Quote:
Yes. No more blackouts. You'll be able to watch any game.
I don't believe this is completely accurate.

When the games are aired regionally (Canucks, Flames, Oilers, Leafs and Sentaors on Rogers Sports) on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday on Sportsnet, those games will still be blacked out outside of the local area.

What the new deal does is eliminate blackouts of CBC.

IE, I'm in Toronto and CBC had the Leafs & Capitals game. I could not watch the Pens/Habs or Sens/Red Wings game. With the new setup all 3 games will be on nationally just on different Rogers networks.

aingaran is offline   Reply With Quote