HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XXVI

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2013, 07:28 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

vCash: 500
Brouwer won't ask for a trade. He knows no other organization is stupid enough to make him a core player and give him so much opportunity to squander.

Old
11-26-2013, 07:31 PM
FloridaCap
Beaglechuk Mania

vCash: 2833
Quote:
Originally Posted by G3 LesPaul View Post
I had a real bad feeling that once Erat asked for a trade, someone else would too. I think someone like Brouwer will be next.

It's not just McPhee, it's Oates, he doesn't know how to use the players he is given, which is McDerps fault cause he hired him and left him with these players
The day Brouwer asks for a trade is the day I finally throw a party for the Capitals.

Old
11-26-2013, 07:36 PM
AlexBrovechkin8
La Flama Blanca

McDerp...

He won't trade Kuzya. If he does...

Old
11-26-2013, 07:47 PM
n3ss

I wonder what Kuznetsov is thinking, being a left-shooting right winger. Will he be behind Volpatti on the depth chart? AHL? Or maybe they'll Orlov him.

Old
11-26-2013, 08:02 PM
Vladiator16*
R.I.P - Loko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladiator16 View Post
WTF!!! Are they trying to piss him off?
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySensational View Post
He makes 10x more while he is assigned to Washington, players are paid by the amount of days they are up, so when Hershey has a day off, he is making 10x more than he usually would for a off day.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaCap View Post
“It’s becoming increasingly hard for Dmitry to continue with this shuttle without any hope of playing a game,” Orlov’s agent, Mark Gandler, said. “The coach can’t see him in the lineup. He’s been around. Everybody knows what he can bring, there’s no question marks here. I think that the team can get something for him at this point and move forward. I think that would be the best solution for everybody.”

So Oates is kicking another one out the door. Cool.
SS, does this explain my comment?

Old
11-26-2013, 08:04 PM
RandyHolt
I Won a Contest

vCash: 0
Kuz will be a 3LW for Oatsie. Probably Kuz Beagle Ward. There is no way he plays off wing. Emergency fill in only.

If he ever comes over. I suspect he has a red phone to Orlov.

With Erat out, a LW spot opened and Kuz's name is all over it. Only, he cannot be above MJ and Laich.

I checked Vegas on the O/U of when Erat gets traded. Its set at the TDL. I dont see any GM dumb enough to take that contract with no goals off his hands anytime soon. Looks like a bad apple too.

Old
11-26-2013, 08:08 PM
artilector

My wish to see Orlov get a decent chance in the NHL is beginning to outweigh my desire for the Caps to hold on to him.

Any teams out there looking for a skill infusion, Erat + Orlov?

About MP -- I saw him more as the center for a hybrid 3rd line, not unlike what we have right now, or what we had with Aucoin effectively centering Knuble and Ward. I still think that the idea that you absolutely must have a "classic" grindy zero-offense 3rd line is garbage. And unlike other teams, Caps have actually had the players to pull it off... well, maybe not any more.

Old
11-26-2013, 08:13 PM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
Kuz will be a 3LW for Oatsie. Probably Kuz Beagle Ward. There is no way he plays off wing. Emergency fill in only.

With Erat out, a LW spot opened and Kuz's name is all over it. Only, he cannot be above MJ and Laich.

I checked Vegas on the O/U of when Erat gets traded. Its set at the TDL. I dont see any GM dumb enough to take that contract with no goals off his hands anytime soon. Looks like a bad apple too.
Laich is back at center, so I don't see that being the problem. Kuz probably takes Fehr's spot on the second line (and hopefully Fehr takes Brouwer's spot, but that would make sense so...).

Old
11-26-2013, 08:17 PM
Vladiator16*
R.I.P - Loko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post

Im starting to think thats exactly what is going to happen.

Old
11-26-2013, 08:20 PM
RandyHolt
I Won a Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg Jesus View Post
Laich is back at center, so I don't see that being the problem. Kuz probably takes Fehr's spot on the second line (and hopefully Fehr takes Brouwer's spot, but that would make sense so...).
I guess I missed where Oates broke the rule and put Fehr at LW

Sure he was there in the playoffs as an injury fill in. And didn't score. Oates's reluctance and handed negativity likely had a black cloud over the move and sucked all the cool out of Fehr the 4th liner in that series.

Old
11-26-2013, 08:25 PM
RandyHolt
I Won a Contest

Quote:
Im starting to think thats exactly what is going to happen.
I can easily imagine the conversation, well, outside of the language barrier thing

Kurwa

Ta? You got recalled, what is wrong?

George Kurwa McPhee promised me a chance if I do well. He lied. Prepare to play on left side behind the north american "grinder".

Whaaaa? We could use an RD here.

See you in KHL soon comrade.

Old
11-26-2013, 08:33 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

So the Canucks are one of the teams supposedly interested in Erat. Wonder what Erat + Orlov gets from them. Maybe Edler/Hamhuis?

Old
11-26-2013, 08:34 PM
maybam

Back in 08-09 the team just made sense. Very young and offensively talented with thin depth on the back-end, but good prospects on the way to solve that.

I have no idea how GMGM could have screwed that up, and it just keeps getting worse. The team's future now looks so bleak. If kuz doesn't work out for whatever reason there really isn't much to be hopeful about.

Old
11-26-2013, 08:37 PM
g00n
abides

Quote:
Originally Posted by maybam View Post
Back in 08-09 the team just made sense. Very young and offensively talented with thin depth on the back-end, but good prospects on the way to solve that.

I have no idea how GMGM could have screwed that up, and it just keeps getting worse. The team's future now looks so bleak. If kuz doesn't work out for whatever reason there really isn't much to be hopeful about.
What's the one common thread? He keeps hiring coaches with no NHL head coaching experience.

Old
11-26-2013, 08:40 PM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiPooky View Post
So the Canucks are one of the teams supposedly interested in Erat. Wonder what Erat + Orlov gets from them. Maybe Edler/Hamhuis?
Heh. Wait til we get Booth to complete the dream team of overpaid grinders. Booth-Laich-Brouwer

Old
11-26-2013, 08:43 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Along the Canucks line, they seem to make more sense. Lots of depth at LD, on the playoff bubble and maybe looking for a spark, opposite conference. They would probably be looking for a more or less salary neutral trade. C'mon McPhee.

Old
11-26-2013, 08:45 PM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
Heh. Wait til we get Booth to complete the dream team of overpaid grinders. Booth-Laich-Brouwer
Is it terrible that this wouldn't shock me in the least?

Old
11-26-2013, 08:52 PM
AlexBrovechkin8
La Flama Blanca

Quote:
I will absolutely lose my ****ing mind if we parlay Forsberg into Booth and Latta. Straight up lose it.

Also, thanks to whoever for planting the seeds of doubt re: Kuzya thanks to the Orlov situation. Bad vibes, man. Bad vibes.

Old
11-26-2013, 08:55 PM
SimplySensational
Heard of Hough

Quote:
SS, does this explain my comment?
I just thought GMGM was a decent human being... I was wrong. He's just dicking around Orlov so he can keep him a few extra months.

Old
11-26-2013, 09:06 PM
RandyHolt
I Won a Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsANDCaps View Post
I will absolutely lose my ****ing mind if we parlay Forsberg into Booth and Latta. Straight up lose it.

Also, thanks to whoever for planting the seeds of doubt re: Kuzya thanks to the Orlov situation. Bad vibes, man. Bad vibes.
You are welcome

Go read the Kuz thread if you need a pick me up.

While we are at it, thanks for the losing it bad vibes

Old
11-26-2013, 09:11 PM
AlexBrovechkin8
La Flama Blanca

Cody Eakins ties it up for the Stars. His 6th goal and 13th point on the year, placing him 3rd on the Stars in pts and goals behind Jaime Benn and Tyler Seguin. Sweet.

Bruce's team enters the 3rd up 2-1, and let's up 3 goals in 53 seconds. 4-2 Stars. Bruce looks like he's going to blow a gasket.

Old
11-26-2013, 09:13 PM
Capitlols

Eakin and Perreault could make a competent 2nd line here.

Old
11-26-2013, 09:15 PM
amjay13
HFBoards Sponsor

Has there ever been a coach who is obsessed with which hand a player shoots with relative to position? I can not recall one. Does Oates think he is smarter than every other coach in NHL history?

Last edited by amjay13: 11-26-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Old
11-26-2013, 09:18 PM
maybam

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinsANDCaps View Post
Cody Eakins ties it up for the Stars. His 6th goal and 13th point on the year, placing him 3rd on the Stars in pts and goals behind Jaime Benn and Tyler Seguin. Sweet.

Bruce's team enters the 3rd up 2-1, and let's up 3 goals in 53 seconds. 4-2 Stars. Bruce looks like he's going to blow a gasket.
Rage.

Old
11-26-2013, 09:19 PM
Liberati0n*
Full Hammock

If you weren't against trading Eakin at the time, you can't be against it now. You can be against not re-signing Ribeiro, but that's a separate question.

Closed Thread