HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Washington Capitals
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Acq/ Rost. Bldg./ Cap Part XXVI

Closed Thread

Old
11-26-2013, 09:45 PM
Halpysback*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by amjay13 View Post
Has there ever been a coach who is obsessed with which hand a player shoots with relative position? I can not recall one. Does Oates think he is smarter than every other coach in NHL history?
Yes. He does. We're stuck with this nutcase.

Old
11-26-2013, 10:09 PM
Bure

Re: Orlov

McPhee is a complete ****. I thought he was just being a nice guy with approval from Ted to keep Orlov somewhat happy. If I were Kuznetsov I would come no where near this mess.

Old
11-26-2013, 10:36 PM
um

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liberati0n View Post
If you weren't against trading Eakin at the time, you can't be against it now. You can be against not re-signing Ribeiro, but that's a separate question.
we are just internet people, some level of intelligence is expected from most GMs. i am upset about trading eakin and not resigning ribeiro but this happened because GMGM was overpaying laich, erat, erskine, brouwer, maybe neuvirth, maybe ward, and maybe green which made us lose ribeiro and eakin for nothing. at the time of the trade i said to myself "if we can resign ribeiro id like this deal" little did i know GMGM would go out and sign more bad contracts and acquire a useless martin erat preventing us from resigning ribeiro. so the thing that upsets me the most is the forsberg trade but they all relate and affect each other in some way, and its silly to act like trading eakin and not resigning ribeiro shouldn't be evaluated together when grading the trade.

Last edited by um: 11-26-2013 at 10:43 PM.
Old
11-26-2013, 10:51 PM
Vladiator16*
R.I.P - Loko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyHolt View Post
I can easily imagine the conversation, well, outside of the language barrier thing

Kurwa

Ta? You got recalled, what is wrong?

George Kurwa McPhee promised me a chance if I do well. He lied. Prepare to play on left side behind the north american "grinder".

Whaaaa? We could use an RD here.

See you in KHL soon comrade.
I hope its not as bad as it seems from outsiders like us... but yeah just doesn't look good... especially if his wife isn't in the huge favor of moving.

Old
11-26-2013, 10:53 PM
Vladiator16*
R.I.P - Loko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySensational View Post
I just thought GMGM was a decent human being... I was wrong. He's just dicking around Orlov so he can keep him a few extra months.
Understandable.

Old
11-26-2013, 10:56 PM
Blades of Steel
log off.

vCash: 50
We're close to losing Erat, Orlov and Kuznetsov because of all of this. All at once. Dark ages.

Old
11-26-2013, 11:07 PM
Vladiator16*
R.I.P - Loko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades of steel View Post
We're close to losing Erat, Orlov and Kuznetsov because of all of this. All at once. Dark ages.
Kuznetsov might not be lost quiet yet, the other two are goners.

Old
11-26-2013, 11:22 PM
dillyboy93

I'd do that Orlov for Backlund trade on the main boards but the only thing that scares me about that is Laich being brought back up to 2nd line LW because of it.. Even though centre depth of Backstrom, Grabovski, Backlund & Latta does sound good I just hate the Laich part.

Mojo-Backstrom-Ovie
Laich()-Grabo-Brouwer
Chimera-Backlund-Ward
Volpatti-Latta-Wilson

Old
11-27-2013, 12:02 AM
AlexBrovechkin8
La Flama Blanca

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillyboy93 View Post
I'd do that Orlov for Backlund trade on the main boards but the only thing that scares me about that is Laich being brought back up to 2nd line LW because of it.. Even though centre depth of Backstrom, Grabovski, Backlund & Latta does sound good I just hate the Laich part.

Mojo-Backstrom-Ovie
Laich()-Grabo-Brouwer
Chimera-Backlund-Ward
Volpatti-Latta-Wilson
I hate the Brouwer part more.

Old
11-27-2013, 01:42 AM
Zoidberg Jesus
Trotzkyist

In my dream world:

Orlov for Backlund

Erat to the Coyotes for picks, prospects, maybe a small cap dump

Laich w/ 500K retained for Kulemin (operating on the assumption Nonis is still a grinder-obsessed moron, although even then this part might be a stretch)

Brouwer + futures for Gorges

Johansson-Backstrom-Ovechkin
Kulemin-Grabovski-Fehr
Chimera-Backlund-Ward
Volpatti-Latta-Wilson

Alzner-Carlson
Gorges-Green
Schmidt/Urbom-Strachan/Oleksy

Middle six is still very grinder-y, but at least they're all effective grinders now. Also, Kulemin-Backlund-Ward would be an amazing shutdown line.

Old
11-27-2013, 02:35 AM
Capathetic

With no deals and not having a game since Saturday I wonder if the taker is just sitting on his nuts again.

Why the decent players get benched for the loudmouth unproductive ones is a move I will never understand. Maybe he's getting lots of offers and trying to make up this debacle? Doubtful.

We won't be happy unless we see Erat dealt to pho for Gormley or Rundblad. Or with Orlov packaged with him for a player in their prime.

Reality is Orlov will fetch a brand new Hershey Bear that we might have heard of and Erat will get us another 4th rounder. Stockpiling picks because Carrick did aight

Old
11-27-2013, 03:51 AM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

If I'm GMGM, I go to Oates office, KICK THE DOOR OPEN and say "play Dima right now or you can request a trade yourself".

My understanding is Dima hasn't requested a trade yet. His situation, IMO, still could be saved.

Old
11-27-2013, 04:08 AM
Acallabeth
Get well soon Octopi

Send a message via Skype™ to Acallabeth
crazy, just lost a great prospect with a season of NHL experience because he's LH RD.

This duo is sick. So little connection between GMGM and Oates it's unbelievable. Trading for Erat to add some skill to the top 6 => put him on the black hole line.
Calling Orlov up and up => him scratched every night.
Draft a great RW => can't wait for Oates to tell Kuznetsov he's moving him to the only position he doesn't play because he's LH.

Btw, still waiting for Ovechkin to start "passing to his teammates more", "be less predictable" or what crap did Oates think when moving him to the RW.

I will be surprised if we get anything of value for Erat.

Old
11-27-2013, 06:23 AM
Raikkonen
In GMBT we trust

Somehow I remembered the good old q3 level Grim Dungeons. This place is it for sure.

Old
11-27-2013, 06:33 AM
Blades of Steel
log off.

vCash: 50
I love hockey, and I love the caps, but damn this team in general is frustrating as hell.

Old
11-27-2013, 07:00 AM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Just trade Orlov. He won't extend here after this season anyway. No point in trying to salvage it.

Old
11-27-2013, 07:16 AM
BobRouse

I'm going to look at this from another angle so as to not lose hair and raise my blood pressure over a sports team:

With Erat and Orlov we have 2 good pieces that are very attractive trade wise. This will make for countless posts about trades that will bring a high entertainment value.

In order for it to successfully work on HF you have to do Erat+Orlov+2nd round pick

Now that is a pretty damn impressive package. Erat is a proven player on an interesting contract that will pay him less real dollars (by a great amount) than his cap hit. Orlov is a young promising puck moving dman (who can hit) performing well in the AHL and when he did play in the NHL.

We need a #2LD followed by (much further down the list) a real #2/3 C who can actually win a face off.

I don't know about you guys but this will be fun to sift thru all kinds of wacky trade proposals and back and forth arguments.

We generally don't get this much to work with as Caps fans since GMGM holds his cards close to the vest. Now we know that Erat and Orlov will be traded sooner than later most likely.

Throw in that classic 2nd round pick and BAM!

Old
11-27-2013, 07:35 AM
RandyHolt
Aiko Oshie All Day

vCash: 2714
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladiator16 View Post
I hope its not as bad as it seems from outsiders like us... but yeah just doesn't look good... especially if his wife isn't in the huge favor of moving.
Agreed it does not look good. Heaven help us if his wife knows who Martin Erat is. Hearing more than 1 want out of this organization can't help his argument to want to be here.

But Ovi will put in a good word, and he will likely still come over, but I think a bit of skepticism about it is creeping in.

Old
11-27-2013, 08:08 AM
Capitlols
Historic Chokers

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedfed View Post
If I'm GMGM, I go to Oates office, KICK THE DOOR OPEN and say "play Dima right now or you can request a trade yourself".

My understanding is Dima hasn't requested a trade yet. His situation, IMO, still could be saved.
George is the ***** in the relationship.

Old
11-27-2013, 09:14 AM
EroCaps

In just two years GMGM has:

Let Semin walk rather than trade him, getting nothing.

Traded Eakin for the supposed solution at 2C, Ribeiro. Then let said player walk, getting nothing.

Traded Varlamov for a draft pick. Then moved that pick for a washed up player who requested a trade in under half a season.

Treated their best defensive prospect with callous disregard.

Every day McPhee still has a job is a knock on Leonsis.

Old
11-27-2013, 10:10 AM
Halpysback*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vladiator16 View Post
Kuznetsov might not be lost quiet yet, the other two are goners.
I'd bet money Kuznetsov doesn't come anywhere near this donkey show. Dude has a wife and a career to think about. Much better to ride out til FA and sign elsewhere than come over and have Oates perma-scratch him after putting him in a position to fail.

Oates is a total and utter ****ing ****

Old
11-27-2013, 10:25 AM
Vladiator16*
R.I.P - Loko.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
I'd bet money Kuznetsov doesn't come anywhere near this donkey show. Dude has a wife and a career to think about. Much better to ride out til FA and sign elsewhere than come over and have Oates perma-scratch him after putting him in a position to fail.

Oates is a total and utter ****ing ****
If you'd now anything about this, you would be in it

...But lets be reality, the only reason GMGM still has a job is because of this:

Old
11-27-2013, 10:33 AM
G3 LesPaul

Orlov for a 2nd to Det
Erat to Detroit for Orlov

GMGM: "We finally got our top 4 d-man who will be here for a long time"

Old
11-27-2013, 10:38 AM
romao

Quote:
Originally Posted by EroCaps View Post
In just two years GMGM has:

Let Semin walk rather than trade him, getting nothing.

Traded Eakin for the supposed solution at 2C, Ribeiro. Then let said player walk, getting nothing.

Traded Varlamov for a draft pick. Then moved that pick for a washed up player who requested a trade in under half a season.

Treated their best defensive prospect with callous disregard.

Every day McPhee still has a job is a knock on Leonsis.
But because Mafki let Ribeiro walk he then had cap room to sign Grabovski, who so far outproducing Ribs and generally is considered better even strength player. Also Grabovski is younger and noticeably cheaper.

Old
11-27-2013, 10:45 AM
ChibiPooky
Yay hockey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by romao View Post
But because Mafki let Ribeiro walk he then had cap room to sign Grabovski, who so far outproducing Ribs and generally is considered better even strength player. Also Grabovski is younger and noticeably cheaper.
I doubt it stays that way after this season.

Also, if McPhee had never made the Ribeiro trade in the first place (I was in favor of said trade IIRC), he would have had plenty of room to sign Grabovski.

Closed Thread