HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

NYR Shopping Michael Del Zotto Part Dos

Old
12-03-2013, 10:43 PM
Pure

vCash: 500
Mentally fragile is like one of worst negative traits a player can have, especially for a dman.

Pure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2013, 12:00 AM
peteyo

It's crazy to even talk about shipping him out yeah he's not our best defenseman but in saying that he could be on most teams top 4 let alone other teams top 2. He's just the odd man out right now but the only odd man out should be good old cally pouliot I don't care if he has skill he never uses it

peteyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2013, 12:21 AM
Kwayry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petes2424 View Post
You've gone off the deep end. Have you ever played defense??? Have you ever coached defense? It's time to head on down to USA Hockey and get your first card. All three of those plays show a major lack in his game. It's actually getting comical as you keep digging your hole.

I have absolutely no horse in this race which makes your rants even more comical. It's like debating coloring outside the lines with a three year old. But keep going.
I am still waiting for you to answer the 2 questions I asked

I did the leg work, you have the gifs,
  1. Please point to where he "let Seto go" on the first goal
    Quote:
    Anyone who goes back and looks at the Seto goal, where he was caught in a pivot and let Seto go,
  2. Please point to where he was "lazy coming into his own zone and was caught because of it", on the 3rd goal.
    Quote:
    Neither did another goal where he was a little lazy coming into his own zone and was caught because of it, which in part led to another goal

The problem you have is you throw statements out there and expect them to be taken at face value. As soon as you got challenged you took refuge in insults in an attempt to change the subject.

Kwayry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2013, 12:32 AM
Kwayry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
Can you go to the PGT and post this? This was beautiful.
Feel free to post it.

Old
12-04-2013, 01:11 AM
Raspewtin
Xanny family

vCash: 50
"Bro, have you even played defense?"

That's how you know you've won an argument.

"It's going to be a zoo no matter what, Staalmania, Staals everywhre, omg Staal on Staal action, three brothers hockeying! Staal returning to Carolina omg what news! All the feels he is feel..." - Ail on Eric Staal's return to Carolina.
Raspewtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2013, 01:13 AM
smoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwayry View Post
Up to this point, you have ducked any fact based discussion.
Demers has more potential than DZ? Wrong. I provided facts and metrics. What did you provide? nada.
DZ is "struggling coughing pucks left and right"? wrong again. I provided facts to prove DZ is actually slightly below his career average and Demers is struggling mightily compared to DZ. You? Crickets again.
You thought you could recover by making stuff up about last night's game.
You are 0 for 3 so far man, come on ... you can do better.

You were doing so well, and then you finally got something wrong. Oh well. Nobody's perfect.

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2013, 01:23 AM
Kwayry

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoneil View Post
You were doing so well, and then you finally got something wrong. Oh well. Nobody's perfect.
Oh well, we live and learn ...

Old
12-04-2013, 06:11 AM
Ola

Kwayry- That was almost not fair...

Ola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2013, 06:14 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
I'm not one for excuses, but a lot of us Rangers fans can't comprehend why AV doesn't keep Del Zotto on the left and move Moore to the right. Moore is another LHD but is a lot more comfortable playing on his off wing. Even some Del Zotto haters on our board admit Del Zotto plays fine on the left.
I think the reason for this is obvious, we need Del Zotto on the right side but not the left side.

Neither Staal, McD, Girardi nor Strålman is getting the job done offensively. Especially not in the transition game. We do well for stretches, but often revert to the Torts-style of just throwing the puck up ice. This is a major flaw we have. MDZ has the ability to do this from a top 4 role. From the left side. If he could do it from the right side, that would easily be the best case scenario for us. He hasn't been able to do it yet.

People also can't compare the situation to Seth Jones in Nashville. Jones played alot with Suter. Jones was not responsible for getting the job done in terms of setting up the transition game. To be a QB of a team. I mean, Lidström don't win a Norris Trophy if he gets a coach that is die hard on using him on the right side. He would have been decent of course, but he can't play "his" game on the wrong side. Del Zotto's starting point is another, he is a good top 4 D. If you move him to the wrong side, he isn't a "good top 4 D" anymore.

You can also tell this when you watch him play. If he plays on a 3rd pairing, he isn't playing like the normal 3rd pairing D is playing. He is trying to prove himself. Should that he can get the job done in a top 4 role. That is also showing.

Old
12-04-2013, 09:37 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*

Quote:
Let's take a look at that Seto goal where he supposedly let Seto go.

Compare the Jokinen/Falk gap vs the DZ/Seto gap. if you know anything about hockey, you know that it was good cap control from DZ. If there is anybody to get any blame it's Falk who allowed Jokinen to pivot survey the field and put the puck on Seto's stick.
He was in front of Seto as he is supposed to. He had his stick down where it's supposed to be., also take a look at his foot work, trying to block a shot.
I'd love to know when he "let Seto go"? Maybe you are confusing DZ with Falk and Seto with Jokinen?
Or you got a vivid imagination.

It was a bad bounce off another player toward the slot where Jokinen was left uncovered, while DZ was covering Seto on the left (Where the play originated) and providing puck support. Jokinen was D.Moore's man.
Of course you can always make the argument that he should be in 2 places at once.

You probably mean the 4th goal where it was a turnover by richards causing a 3 on 2 the other way. That 3 on 2 was played as well as it can be played by both Stralman and DZ. He played the pass, forced Jokinen on a partially blocked shot that should have been stopped.
Now please point to me where he was "lazy coming into his own zone and was caught because of it", Here is the gif, i am waiting for your response.

Up to this point, you have ducked any fact based discussion.
Demers has more potential than DZ? Wrong. I provided facts and metrics. What did you provide? nada.
DZ is "struggling coughing pucks left and right"? wrong again. I provided facts to prove DZ is actually slightly below his career average and Demers is struggling mightily compared to DZ. You? Crickets again.
You thought you could recover by making stuff up about last night's game.
You are 0 for 3 so far man, come on ... you can do better.

Quote:
I am still waiting for you to answer the 2 questions I asked

I did the leg work, you have the gifs,
  1. Please point to where he "let Seto go" on the first goal
  2. Please point to where he was "lazy coming into his own zone and was caught because of it", on the 3rd goal.

The problem you have is you throw statements out there and expect them to be taken at face value. As soon as you got challenged you took refuge in insults in an attempt to change the subject.

Kwayry, that was just awesome.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2013, 09:58 AM
Boom Boom Geoffrion*

Quote:
Originally Posted by WojtekGoalski View Post
A physical edge? Tell me you're joking? Justin Falk plays with a physical edge. MDZ.. just no

The bias of my fellow Ranger fans for our own drafted players is unbearable. I thought we were a more educated fan base than that but I guess not. MDZ is not a top 4 dman right now on any team in the league that isn't NYI or EDM
Quote:
Not sure if you're referring to Falk or MDZ, but yeah MDZ really is not a physical player. Tortorella tried to make him one, and he has made valiant efforts to be harder when defending but there's not a single aspect to MDZs game that is physical. For him to be successful he needs to be springing breakout passes from behind his own net to the opposing blue line and producing on the PP. Neither of which he has done with any consistency at all for a while now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crease View Post
If Del Zotto is physical, Crosby is physical. He'll hack and facewash after the whistle. Otherwise, he's average with regards to taking the body.

Agree with above that he's a career #4 on the left side, with the potential peak years as a #2 or #3 if he grows out of the habit of trying to pick corners.
Nonsense.

Not a fan of youtube videos. But, stating MDZ has a physical edge to his game is absolutely true. Especially when you factor in what type of dmen he is.

He absolutely has a physical edge to his game. Doesn't mean he's the next tie domi, but he's not a soft dmen or someone who avoids physical play.

Edit: Damn you youtube uplinks.

Boom Boom Geoffrion* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-04-2013, 05:09 PM
dillyboy93

Hope_Smoke ‏@Hope_Smoke 1h
Mckenzie "Del Zotto will be traded"

dillyboy93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2013, 02:11 PM
DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Boom Geoffrion View Post
Nonsense.

Not a fan of youtube videos. But, stating MDZ has a physical edge to his game is absolutely true. Especially when you factor in what type of dmen he is.

He absolutely has a physical edge to his game. Doesn't mean he's the next tie domi, but he's not a soft dmen or someone who avoids physical play.

Edit: Damn you youtube uplinks.
If by absolutely true you mean absolutely false then sure. Otherwise he's not even close. And I never said he was soft, he just doesn't play with a physical edge. How you could even attempt to argue that I have no idea. It's like half of the Ranger fans in this thread thing that by pumping Del Zotto's tires we'll get more for him. Nobody cares about ridiculous opinions and saying that Del Zotto plays with a physical edge is about as biased as you can get, because anyone that watches him knows it's just not true

DelZottoHitTheNetJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2013, 02:48 PM
Brooklyndevil
82nd Airborne

I personally liked the kid, I thought he was on his way to stardom. However, it seems like ever since he had a bad showing in the conference final he just hasn't been the same. I may be wrong, just my opinion from watching quite a few Ranger games. He's still young and I would take a chance on him, but must admit his trade isn't all that high right now.

Brooklyndevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-05-2013, 04:01 PM
smoneil

Quote:
If by absolutely true you mean absolutely false then sure. Otherwise he's not even close. And I never said he was soft, he just doesn't play with a physical edge. How you could even attempt to argue that I have no idea. It's like half of the Ranger fans in this thread thing that by pumping Del Zotto's tires we'll get more for him. Nobody cares about ridiculous opinions and saying that Del Zotto plays with a physical edge is about as biased as you can get, because anyone that watches him knows it's just not true
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyndevil View Post
I personally liked the kid, I thought he was on his way to stardom. However, it seems like ever since he had a bad showing in the conference final he just hasn't been the same. I may be wrong, just my opinion from watching quite a few Ranger games. He's still young and I would take a chance on him, but must admit his trade isn't all that high right now.
This is getting to be a bit of a broken record, but both of these issues go right back to MDZ playing the wrong side. First, Brooklyndevil, I would disagree with your idea that he's been off since the conference final. He was one of the Rangers best players through the first 20 games of the lockout-shortened season. He was fantastic. The drop off came when they tried to move him to the right side (and the hernia certainly didn't help).

WojtekGoalski--I have also noticed the drop in hitting by MDZ and, oddly enough, that ALSO seems to coincide with the move to the right. On the right side, he plays too tentatively, and going for a big hit could take him out of position. On the left? Different story.

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2014, 11:34 PM
Desj

Is it me or MDZ is playing very well since 2-3 weeks. Put some points on the board, look not bad defensively. He is playing on the left and he is looking good.

Are you agree guys ?

Desj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-12-2014, 11:40 PM
Brian Boyle
Some Might Say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desj View Post
Is it me or MDZ is playing very well since 2-3 weeks. Put some points on the board, look not bad defensively. He is playing on the left and he is looking good.

Are you agree guys ?
Yeah he's been really effective lately

I'd rather keep at this point unless someone ponies up a legit asset

01-12-2014, 11:59 PM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBoyle View Post
Yeah he's been really effective lately

I'd rather keep at this point unless someone ponies up a legit asset
Agreed.

With there also being a chance of Girardi being dealt at the deadline and Staal's future being uncertain with him possibly leaving after his contract ends, I'd rather hold onto MDZ.

Fire the moron that called him out and gave his ice time to John Moore, that's the idiot that really needs to go.

The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 12:43 AM
Joe Sakic
RIP Ed Snider

Would still offer this.

Del Zotto

Barrie
2014 3rd

Joe Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 01:05 AM
Machinehead
HFB Partner

Yeah, keep him at this point. At least til his value goes back up.

Read My Blog Here
Follow on Twitter @6goaliedefense

"The fans were yelling 'shoot the puck' so I shot it and it went in." -Derick Brassard
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 01:10 AM
Poundcake
Esquire

ppqbs are hard to come by?

Poundcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 01:20 AM
caley

So, supposedly, MDZ went to the Rangers and asked to be put back on the left side where he's more comfortable which coincides with his improved play, so why wouldn't someone put him back on that side earlier?!? Boggles the mind...

01-13-2014, 01:20 AM
Machinehead
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldNewLettuce View Post
ppqbs are hard to come by?
Del Zotto is not a ppqb

Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 01:33 AM
backofthefridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
So, supposedly, MDZ went to the Rangers and asked to be put back on the left side where he's more comfortable which coincides with his improved play, so why wouldn't someone put him back on that side earlier?!? Boggles the mind...
it took a while for AV to put JT Miller back at center too even tho he's clearly more effective there than the wing

backofthefridge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2014, 08:03 AM
Ola

Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
Why?

NYR has two really strong D's defensively in McD and Staal. Staal has been injured a lot, but he has been a No 1 D for a PO team several times including a team winning the Atlantic and making it to the ECFs. McD is obviously at least a top 15-20 D in this league.

NYR definitely lack a bit of an offensive punch in its top 4. What do you do?

Yes, try to best offensive D men in your system, also a LD, at RD.