HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

JD on WFAN 3pm

Closed Thread

Old
07-26-2005, 02:04 PM
JCProdigy

vCash: 500
JD on WFAN 3pm

Anybody that has radio near by. JD is on the WFAN right now.

Old
07-26-2005, 02:09 PM
otto1219

listening to it now, i love JD hes the man

Old
07-26-2005, 02:13 PM
bathgate

Please summarize his comments in a post later today

Old
07-26-2005, 02:19 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

He just said he doesnt think the IIHF is going to allow Jagr to walk away from his NHL contract and play in Russia. (assuming Russian and the IIHF have an agreement about to be done or the previous one hasnt expired)

Old
07-26-2005, 02:23 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Is it just me or did JD just make it seem like something's gonna happen with Sather and his job? They said that Sather and Dolan did talk hockey on the fishing trip...just my observation but maybe Sather wants to step down?

Someone correct me though my radio was breaking up.

Old
07-26-2005, 02:24 PM
Levitate

Quote:
(assuming Russian and the IIHF have an agreement about to be done or the previous one hasnt expired)
unless I'm really missing something...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=131221&hubName=

Old
07-26-2005, 02:25 PM
otto1219

nahh i dont think anything is going to happen to sather, after reading losing the edge though i really wish that JD became the GM, for a broadcaster i think he cares more about the team that sather.

Old
07-26-2005, 02:27 PM
FLYLine24
The Mac Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
unless I'm really missing something...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=131221&hubName=
I was just repeating what JD. Im suprised he doesnt know about that.

Old
07-26-2005, 02:29 PM
Anthony Mauro
DB Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto1219
nahh i dont think anything is going to happen to sather, after reading losing the edge though i really wish that JD became the GM, for a broadcaster i think he cares more about the team that sather.
Thanks for clearing that up, yea lol I think alot people care more about the team than Sather. JD's really knowledgable and educated about every part of hockey there is.

But, Thank God Sather has Maloney up his ass, swaying his decisions. Maloney seems like the man who has a chance to save this team.

Old
07-26-2005, 02:52 PM
JCProdigy

Here's a recap because I'm trying to keep from doing work:

Mindset of avg player – gave up a year and don’t want to give up another. Just want to play. Original game plan was to go 2 years but minds changed. Didn’t think the owners were going to crack.

Bettman – had backing of 23-25 owners.

Buyout of players – 2/3 payments wouldn’t be a lump sum but paid out over life of contract.

CBA – this time they really took their time in completing the contract so that they could make sure all the loopholes were closed.

Leetch - JD thinks leetch will wait a few weeks until everything settles and picks/chooses his team rather then the other way around.

Jagr – he doesn’t thing IIHF will allow Jagr to go to Russia and leave the NHL because he’s under contract and they are wary of crossing a line.

Messier – In great shape as JD said he played golf with him last week. Nothing else new. Could consider coming back to any of the 30 teams like stated before.

Sather – Regarding fishing trip. Planned along time ago. Dolan planned it and he didn’t want to cancel it. JD said they talked a lot about the Rangers situation but he couldn’t go into detail. Believes he should’ve been at the lottery but in the end it wasn’t that big of a deal. There are ongoing meetings today amongst the Rangers’ brass

JD rips Chelios as they all did in the MSG special the other day. He couldn’t care less if Chelios ever got another job in the NHL.

Rule Changes – says that they are finally sincere about cracking down on obstruction and that is the most important thing of course. Hehe..he says he doesn’t want to hear broadcasters “*****ing” about it, or coaches complaining about the high amount of penalties we’re gonna see in the first few weeks.

JD said that he talked to Gretz recently and Gretz said that they made more room behind the net to help players like him but he said it actually hurt him cause he didn’t need more room behind the net but could’ve used more in front.

Question about the two line pass and if teams will just wait along the blue line. JD says it’s a good question, goes into how the rink size is different then over in Europe (which I don’t get what his point was) but he doesn’t know how it’ll turn out.

You can tell he’s not a fan of the shootout and says if it doesn’t work well then they could always take it out after a year.

Old
07-26-2005, 03:00 PM
bathgate

Thanks Jc For The Summary

Old
07-26-2005, 03:00 PM
Fire Sather
Play Like a Pug

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Fire Sather
I love JD. That was a good listen.