HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Primeau rumor

Closed Thread

Old
09-30-2003, 05:39 AM
tinyzombies

vCash: 500
You never know, the Flyers have trouble scoring goals. Maybe Clarke sees Perreault as an extra winger who can pop in 30 and be helped out by Philly's size. It might be a good fit for them. They REALLY have trouble scoring goals and Primeau has struggled offensively two years in a row and was useless offensively in the playoffs last year. It also shaves off a couple mil from their salary structure. Maybe they have their eye on an FA?

If all we have to do is pick up an extra $2 mil, I say pull the trigger as long as we don't give him any of our young players. Primeau makes us a different team overnight, at least for a year and then with the new CBA... who knows?

Old
09-30-2003, 06:43 AM
VAN-HAB
Vancouver Habitant

It goes like this:
to MTL:
-Primeau
-Esche
-Fedoruk
to PHI
-Perreault
-Garon
-Ward
Will find out soon!!!!

http://chfans.com/

Old
09-30-2003, 06:54 AM
Habruti!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAN-HAB
It goes like this:
to MTL:
-Primeau
-Esche
-Fedoruk
to PHI
-Perreault
-Garon
-Ward
Will find out soon!!!!

I do not think this would be a legitimate trade and Ron Fournier might be making this up. However assuming the deal is 1 for 1 Perreault for Primeau I would think that trading Garon and Ward for Esche and Federuk is not such a good deal for us. I would however do the following...

Perreault, Garon, Ward, 1st
Handzus, Federuk, Esche

Old
09-30-2003, 06:56 AM
Owen Wilson

Send a message via AIM to Owen Wilson Send a message via MSN to Owen Wilson
Quote:
It goes like this:
to MTL:
-Primeau
-Esche
-Fedoruk
to PHI
-Perreault
-Garon
-Ward
Will find out soon!!!!

Damn, I don't know. I liked the Primeau for Perreault part. Esche would be a decent back up but Garon is loved by all Habs fans. How old is Fedoruk?? I like his size, but for Ward? hmm.

Old
09-30-2003, 09:02 AM
hockey_nut

This would be a great trade.
Primeau, along with Hossa and Zednik would be a damn good line. Big, physical offensive line.

Theodore's our boy, it's only a matter of time before we deal Garon... and to be getting Esche is more than fine. He'd be a great back-up to Theodore.

As for Fedoruk for Ward... fine by me. Fedoruk would add a strong, physical, rough game to the Habs... something we need. I'd do the deal in a second.

Old
09-30-2003, 09:24 AM
Sam I Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey_nut
This would be a great trade.
Primeau, along with Hossa and Zednik would be a damn good line. Big, physical offensive line.

Theodore's our boy, it's only a matter of time before we deal Garon... and to be getting Esche is more than fine. He'd be a great back-up to Theodore.

As for Fedoruk for Ward... fine by me. Fedoruk would add a strong, physical, rough game to the Habs... something we need. I'd do the deal in a second.
The deal makes sense only if Primeau can be signed beyond the end of the season which at this point seems quite unlikely. My guess is that this rumour is malarky.

Old
09-30-2003, 09:32 AM
HABitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek
I hope that was a joke.. =[
If Primeau was 3 years younger, it would not be a joke. I do prefer an 6'5'' injury prone to a 5'10'' injury certain.

Some of my fiends who follows hockey would make a deal Primeau for Koivu in a heart beat even if Primeau is a bit getting old and done. Anytime. They don't come on these boards after I told them how you guys overate Koivu versus others players. They think I'm wasting my time.

So let's say it was half a joke.

Old
09-30-2003, 09:45 AM
Marchy79

Primeau I would welcome here in Montreal,
if he's only got a year left in his contract, so does Perrault, and I believe Keith can play wing... How about a third line of

Primeau Kilger Ward
I would love it... Hopefully some of Primeau's game would wear off on Chad.

I believe it makes sense for another reason.
Believe it or not, Perrault has plenty of moxy in him.

He has tendency to score big goals in big games. His consistency is similar to Primeau, only Primeau does not hurt as much defensively.

But Perrault has looked VERY solid before injury last year/ and Training camp this year. Im not saying he's top line potential, but he is a better player than we advertise that he is.

Old
09-30-2003, 09:45 AM
HABitude

Quote:
It goes like this:
to MTL:
-Primeau
-Esche
-Fedoruk
to PHI
-Perreault
-Garon
-Ward
Will find out soon!!!!

I don't beleive it. I don't beleive it.
If that deal comes true, it's a steal. If we can get Primeau while keeping Koivu, Bulis and Zednik it's a steal !!!
C'mon, Primeau instead of Perreault as second center is exactly the missing part of puzzle Habs needs. Big huge size on the 2nd line. Wow!
Even if Koivu gets injured, Primeau can slide in the #1 center and do very well.

The rest of the deal:
Esche for Garon : equal 2nd goalies
Fedoruk for Ward : a steal, I would make that deal anyrtime.

So on any way you look at it, it's a winner deal for us.
That's why I don't beleive it. Bobby Clarke is not dum. Sometimes Milbury but not Clarke.

Old
09-30-2003, 09:47 AM
Owen Wilson

Send a message via AIM to Owen Wilson Send a message via MSN to Owen Wilson
Where does this Primeau is injury prone talk come from?? In his 13 seasons in the NHL, he's played under 70 games only 4 times and 2 of those times were his first 2 years.

Old
09-30-2003, 09:48 AM
mcphee

Quote:
Originally Posted by HABitude
If Primeau was 3 years younger, it would not be a joke. I do prefer an 6'5'' injury prone to a 5'10'' injury certain.

Some of my fiends who follows hockey would make a deal Primeau for Koivu in a heart beat even if Primeau is a bit getting old and done. Anytime. They don't come on these boards after I told them how you guys overate Koivu versus others players. They think I'm wasting my time.

So let's say it was half a joke.
I understand why some would prefer Primeau. If the Habs had a better offensive team, this could be considered. Sacrificing offense, for arguement sake, consider Koivu a 70 point man and Primeau a 50 point ,and that's just not enough goals. What you need is Primeau and Koivu.

Old
09-30-2003, 09:49 AM
Dr Love

It's a BS rumor. Not a word of it in Philly. And first it was Garon, now it's Perrault. Primeau for Perrault makes no sense for the Flyers, and it is unrealistic to happen. Captains don't get traded before a season start or in mid season, and Primeau's line--Brashear/Primeau/Kapanen is clicking very nicely, Hitchcock has said the line is "set in stone" so there's no reason why the Flyers would trade him.

Old
09-30-2003, 12:22 PM
tinyzombies

Considering that Primeau is a UFA and the Flyers have issues in goal, this sounds like a very possible scenario to me.

It goes like this:
to MTL:
-Primeau as a UFA = Ward
-Esche = Garon
-Fedoruk = Perreault (considering Philly needs goals)

We lose the AHL MVP, but I truly believe Jason Ward is overrated and that we should get something while we can. Fedoruk is the same player as Ward if you think Ward has no offensive upside (which I do) AND he is much tougher and has more bulk. He pretty much punched Benoit Gratton out of the NHL if you remember.

We lose a great prospect in Garon (though he is weak on high shots). However, Esche is a quality backup and a potential 1b goalie. We also have Michaud in the pipeline as a viable backup in a couple years. Goaltending is not our problem in any case.

Perreault is a salary dump for us and Primeau is a salary dump for them, but for our extra $2 mil we get at least one season of a monster center.

Garon could easily emerge as the starter in Philly and the Flyers would be happy to get something for Primeau AND trim the payroll.

Sounds good, let's do it. What do the Phillies say?

Old
09-30-2003, 12:39 PM
RichardZednik#20

Could Keith Primeau play LW. If I remember correctly, he was a LW in Detroit at the start of his career. If in deed Perreault is part of the deal, Our line up could look like this.

Primeau-Koivu-Audette
Bulis-Ribeiro-Zednik
Sundstrom-Hossa-Ward
Juneau/Dwyer-Kilger-Ryder

extra: Dackell(hopefully we culd trade him for a 7th or 8th rounder.)

Anyway I don't think it will happen, and I'm not ready to deal Garon for a 1 year Keith Primeau.

Does Primeau make us a better team? Yes
Does he makes us in playoff for sure? No
Does he make us cup contender? No
Should we trade our future for him? NO

Now the question is: Is Garon part of the future plan with Theodore or not. I would say yes, but does Bob Gainey think the same, we never know.

Old
09-30-2003, 01:12 PM
gohabsgo2010

Send a message via AIM to gohabsgo2010
To think we'd be getting Primeau for Perreault is insane. I'd hate to lose Garon before giving him a chance. I think that if we were going to give up the talent it would cost to grab Primeau, I would much rather use that talent for Eric Daze.

I would certainly not be opposed to a Bulis, Perezhogin for Daze deal.

Old
09-30-2003, 02:27 PM
KOMO_ROCKS

Send a message via ICQ to KOMO_ROCKS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jl.roberts
I would certainly not be opposed to a Bulis, Perezhogin for Daze deal.
Yeah, not a bad offer.......I think Chicago would definately be listening, though we would probably have to add a 3/4 rounder also in the deal

Old
09-30-2003, 02:38 PM
didjuicythat
@m_desroches

I have posted my thoughts on this rumor on the Trade Rumors Board... I'll just copy, paste them here just to let you guys know what I think about this unrealistic rumor.

First of all, no need to say I've learned as years went by not to believe Ron Fournier's rumors. Most of the time, he's the one who puts up that stuff by himself. Mind you, he's a great radio animator, but as far as I'm concerned, he's not a reliable source for trade rumors and has never been.

Secondly, I won't comment this rumor, unless someone else who heard about this rumor (maybe someone from Philly) could tell who are the other players involved in these speculations. I'm willing to believe Bobby Clarke is trying to trade Primeau, but what do the Habs have to give in this deal? Not much... and Bob Gainey clearly said he'd keep his player core (which includes Koivu, Theodore, Zednik, Bulis, etc). If you don't consider these guys, makes you wonder what players would Clarke possibly be interested in, since most of them have low value.

Old
09-30-2003, 02:39 PM
tinyzombies

They say Primeau actually belongs on the wing because he doesn't add much as a center in terms of playmaking or creativity. He's strictly a wallbanger.

I don't think Chicago would consider Bulis or Perez for Daze. Daze is their only goalscorer and we're giving them a checknig line player and a pint size nobody?

Old
09-30-2003, 03:16 PM
tinyzombies

Getting Primeau is tricky, because then do you hand him a Linden contract (16/4) before the strike, or let him walk? Primeau is exactly the kind of player we need, though he only addresses size and meanness and not goals or assists.

Old
09-30-2003, 03:20 PM
Munchausen
Full Time A-hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by raketheleaves
Primeau is exactly the kind of player we need, though he only addresses size and meanness and not goals or assists.
Add to that only for one year...

Old
09-30-2003, 03:57 PM
Brisebois

Send a message via AIM to Brisebois
Quote:
Originally Posted by strummerman
My final offer-

Primeau Gagne for

Breezer Traverse Bouillon Koivu Perrault Dykhuis Audette Juneau Ward

What are you crazy???? Philadelphia would never take that!!!

I say we throw in Markov and future considerations to spice up the deal.

Edit: forgot a smiley

Old
09-30-2003, 04:35 PM
skidboot

Isn't Primeau the Captain also?

If this deal for Perreault was to come to fruition I think it might have a real negative impact on the Flyers dressing room.

I do that deal in a heartbeat.

I think that I'd do the other also. We have to get some nasty on the team.

Old
09-30-2003, 04:50 PM
oli500

Since hes an ufa at the end of the summer, instead of given up are future, why dont we just try and sign him. Juneau, Perrault and I believe dackell contracts are coming to an end at the end of the season. It would free us alot of money!

Old
09-30-2003, 05:01 PM
SouthFlyer82

This is absurd. There is "0" chance the Flyers are looking to deal Primeau for Perreault. Hitchcock loves Primeau and Clarke has shown that in the past year he get info from Hitchcock. 2nd Perreault is not the type of player the Flyers need.

And the rumor of

to MTL:
-Primeau
-Esche
-Fedoruk
to PHI
-Perreault
-Garon
-Ward

Its just as bad. The Flyers don't gain anything. I could see them trading Fedoruk but not for another Forward, we don't have enough spots as it is. Again Hitchcock likes Esche. The deal at best is a side step mopve and at worst is a down grade. The Flyers are looking to do only a few things, get rid of Leclair, get rid of a defensemen.

Old
09-30-2003, 09:43 PM
tinyzombies

I was talking with a friend of mine who is a Flyers fan and he said that Hitchcock announced that he is planning to use Primeau on the checking line. The Flyers are sick of not being able to score goals. I'm not sure how Perreault helps tho. But Garon and Ward would be very attractive to them, I'm sure. This is not a far-fetched proposal by any means.

Primeau doesn't completely solve our problems, but he does add size and meanness and he is an excellent left winger and would create tons of room for Saku and Audette.

I don't know what they do with Bulis tho. Perhaps Bulis-Ribeiro (ugh)-Zednik?

They could also get rid of Ribs and slot Primeau in as 2nd line center. He's not very productive, but we would spend lots of time mucking in the offensive zone.

This deal only makes sense if Gainey is convinced he can lock him up longterm on the cheap ($4-4.5 mil).

Closed Thread