HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TSN: Burke shopping 2nd pick

Closed Thread

Old
07-27-2005, 01:51 PM
Brodeur

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucks666
anaheim doesn't have the 31st pick, they have the 59th pick.
They have 31 and 59. They traded Vinny Prospal to Tampa for a 2nd rounder prior to the lockout. So the Ducks got fortunate again when Tampa ended up picking 30th.

Old
07-27-2005, 01:52 PM
orcatown

dana - reports right now have Ignila openly recruiting Neidermeyer for the Flames and Neidermeyer agents responding that Neidermayer wants to play in the West. I don't know what planet you are on what right now, but all kinds of contact is being made. True they are not openly discussing contract terms but they sure as hell are feeling people out. Let's face it. the League, given its present situation, is not looking to run around threatening tampering charges unless it is so blantant it can't be ignored.

But if you are that concerned you should immedaitely phone League offices and report Ignila.

Old
07-27-2005, 11:33 PM
danaluvsthekings

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcatown
dana - reports right now have Ignila openly recruiting Neidermeyer for the Flames and Neidermeyer agents responding that Neidermayer wants to play in the West. I don't know what planet you are on what right now, but all kinds of contact is being made. True they are not openly discussing contract terms but they sure as hell are feeling people out. Let's face it. the League, given its present situation, is not looking to run around threatening tampering charges unless it is so blantant it can't be ignored.

But if you are that concerned you should immedaitely phone League offices and report Ignila.
There's a difference between Iginla talking to Neidermayer and someone from the Flames front office talking to Neidermayer. Surely you must realize that. The post I replied to seemed to make it sound like he suggested someone employed by the Canucks in a capacity other than a player make a behind the scenes agreement with Neidermayer before he hits the market Aug 1. I'm just guessing Nonis wouldn't trade Jovo before Aug 1 if the only proof he had that Neidermayer would sign with the Canucks was based on a conversation that say Linden had with Neidermayer. Even if he would make that Jovo trade based on what Linden said, which would not be smart, if Aug 1 rolled around and Neidermayer signed with the Flames, the Canucks would really have no one to complain to.

Old
07-28-2005, 12:20 AM
orcatown

Far as I know Neidermeyer does not have an existing contract with anyone. TSo where is the tampering

Old
07-28-2005, 12:45 AM
danaluvsthekings

Quote:
Originally Posted by orcatown
Far as I know Neidermeyer does not have an existing contract with anyone. TSo where is the tampering
He's still property of the New Jersey Devils until August 1. That's where the tampering comes in. No team official other than those from NJ can legally talk to him.

Old
07-28-2005, 06:38 AM
orcatown

New CBA says that 2004 - 2005 contracts will not be honored. See link

http://proicehockey.about.com/od/the...cap_expl_2.htm

How can you have a legal contract that by agreement has been declared one that is not honored. That's a legal loophole you could drive a truck through. A contract has to clearly recognized as valid to be legally enforceable. Whether or not it is legally binding and thus tampering possible is to me open to conjecture.
How would you argue to a judge that a contract, that is not honored, is legally binding and thus subject to tampering. Any sort of fuzziness voids the contract.

What has been agreed to, it seems to me, that you can't begin open negotiations before the 1st. However, you are naive to assume, or believe that agents and others are not making inquiries with club officials about where their clients may end up. And this point the league is not going to get involved in some murky tampering cases.

Also if Ignila made overtures to Niedermeyer then you could argue, given your stand on this issue, that the club has a vicarious responsibility for the action of their employees. In other words, if I have one of my employees try to violate a law or I, as his employer, gain by his breaking of the law, then I can be legally responsible for his action. Calgary would have difficulty denying that Ignila was acting in the direct interests of his employer and that the owner had no knowledge of his actions (seeing it was published in a newspaper without retraction).

Again I advise you to phone League Offices and insist on a full investigation of the situation.

Closed Thread