HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bruins offer long deal

Closed Thread

Old
07-26-2005, 07:13 PM
shadoz19

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins4Ever
It's the best news out of Boston for a long, long time. I'm very happy this happened!!!!

I'm not a Boston fan but I'm glad they are making this kind of commitment. I just hope the offers aren't for publicity sake.

Old
07-26-2005, 08:46 PM
NHRonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
If this is true the Bruins better hope the cap doesn't go down.
If the cap goes down, the player salaries go down with it. Player salaries are tied to revenues.

Old
07-26-2005, 08:48 PM
NHRonin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newsguyone
Yeah, well, with FOUR players to their name, they had to get started sometime, didn't they?

It's going to be fun watching the Bruins and Hawks start acting like big market teams now that they have a salary cap.
The Bruins are a big market team. Their owner just never wanted to act like it.

Old
07-26-2005, 08:52 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHRonin
If the cap goes down, the player salaries go down with it. Player salaries are tied to revenues.
What?

If you sign a guy to a 4 year contract for $5 million a year his pay will not go down if the cap drops. Is that what you think?

Old
07-26-2005, 09:47 PM
Meanashell11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spongebob
What?

If you sign a guy to a 4 year contract for $5 million a year his pay will not go down if the cap drops. Is that what you think?
That's definitely my understanding. The players put aside 15% and if the revenues aren't there, they dont get the 15%. Then the salary cap reposts.

Old
07-26-2005, 11:02 PM
Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meanashell11
That's definitely my understanding. The players put aside 15% and if the revenues aren't there, they dont get the 15%. Then the salary cap reposts.
I hope some of you guys are just kidding because you can't honestly believe that players contracts will be reduced if the revenue shrinks. Once you sign a contract with a player you are responsible for paying that player the amount specified unless you buy out the contract or trade him.

For example you sign a player to a 4 year deal at $5mil a year.
If next years cap goes down to $37 mil you still have to pay that player $5 mil. You can't say "Hey dude the cap went down so we are only going to pay you $4 million this year".

To address to reference to the escrow money that is if the league goes over 54% of the revenue not if your team goes over the cap.

Closed Thread