HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs win 3-1 MARKOV FOR NORRIS

Old
11-28-2013, 08:46 AM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hototogisu View Post
Can we take a step back for a second and recognize how insane it is that people want to change a line-up that's won 4 straight to put in George Parros? Some of your insecurities about how we're ever going to survive playing the big bad Leafs are just mind-blowing.

You can't even make the argument that Parros has played well this year and deserves to get a game. He hasn't and he doesn't. He's been actively detrimental to the team when he's been in the line-up, in fact.
I still remember John Kordic's quote the day after he was traded for Russ Courtnall.

"He can score more goals but I can beat up more people."

Lafleurs Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 08:50 AM
ROSSter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beendair Donedat View Post
Murray did a great job tonight with the monster. Went right after him as well, there was not a bit of hesitation... Very proud of him for sticking up for his goaltender like that, yes he lost the decision but notice was served that Scott's BS wasn't going to be tolerated. Great job Douglas Murray!

Subban and Markov continue to dominate, Emelin delivered a big time hit, and Price was solid again. Overall solid effort from les boys.
Totally agree, really liking murray and what he brings to this team.

ROSSter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 08:54 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
It's not about susrviving. Part of Toronto's gameplan against us every year seems to be to try and intimidate us. So to have a Parros and not have him dressed against them to me makes no sense, especially if Mclaren and Orr are playing.

Weird stat from Tor-Pit, Bozak took more than half Toronto's faceoffs last night...35/67
Parros play has been questionable, but he's a must add to the lineup as long as Randy Carlyle is coach. Carlyle relishes putting the intimidators out and will never pass up the opportunity when he thinks the situation calls for it.

What I found incredible with the Scott/Kessel situation was how hypocritical Carlyle was about it all.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 08:57 AM
LePoche69

Quote:
Parros is actually not a bad player for an enforcer.
5 goals against in 25 minutes played... No matter with who he played with, that's a scary stat.

LePoche69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 08:57 AM
domdo345

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceux de Montreal View Post
Do we really need Parros in against the Leafs though? Suppose Bouillon play friday against the Caps, mean the rotation shuld continue with Murray back against the Leafs. Give us Prust, Moen, White and Murray. Murray proved yesterday he wont back even against the biggest heavyweight. The viking is not scared of Orr.

But if we need to play him I guess I'd scratch White. I heard he play very well but... Moen - Prust - Parros... was a decent line against Toronto during the opening night.

Bournival - Plekanec - Gionta
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Eller - Brière
Moen - Prust - Parros
Murray wont be fighting, he probably has a good scar on his forehead that needs to heal. Colton Orr would be happy to open it up again...

domdo345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 08:58 AM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
It's not about susrviving. Part of Toronto's gameplan against us every year seems to be to try and intimidate us. So to have a Parros and not have him dressed against them to me makes no sense, especially if Mclaren and Orr are playing.

Weird stat from Tor-Pit, Bozak took more than half Toronto's faceoffs last night...35/67
I don't think we've ever lost a game against Toronto because we've been "intimidated". In fact it's usually when we try to match them in the rough stuff that we get off our game and lose. We tried the same thing against Boston with Laraque and failed miserably.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 09:06 AM
Tyson

Hab fans clamored for a tough guy (me included) and we now have one. He, like all other players on the 23 man roster has to play on occasion. I think George plays Saturday along with Murray.

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 09:09 AM
LePoche69

Quote:
Can we take a step back for a second and recognize how insane it is that people want to change a line-up that's won 4 straight to put in George Parros? Some of your insecurities about how we're ever going to survive playing the big bad Leafs are just mind-blowing.

You can't even make the argument that Parros has played well this year and deserves to get a game. He hasn't and he doesn't. He's been actively detrimental to the team when he's been in the line-up, in fact.
I don't want to see Parros in the lineup. He's horrible. But it is true that at one point, Habs will have to play him some games, just to be sure he stays in game shape.

That said, last night was the first time in awhile I had the feeling Habs were a small team. Too small. In the playoffs, they'll face teams even more agressive and big than the Sabres, but with a lot more talent and experience. Habs are still not a team built for the playoffs.

Old
11-28-2013, 09:09 AM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
Parros play has been questionable, but he's a must add to the lineup as long as Randy Carlyle is coach. Carlyle relishes putting the intimidators out and will never pass up the opportunity when he thinks the situation calls for it.

What I found incredible with the Scott/Kessel situation was how hypocritical Carlyle was about it all.
You're probably right, though I wish you weren't. Parros is the lumpy winter coat you put on grudgingly in extreme weather. I hate Carlyle hockey for that reason -- because he makes it necessary to put on lumpy coats.

OT: I'm missing the Toronto game because I'll be on a city tour in Washington. On the other hand, I'll be at the game at the Verizon Center tomorrow, sitting a few rows above the benches, wearing my Habs jersey! Heading for the airport in an hour... yay!

Lshap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 09:13 AM
LePoche69

Quote:
I don't think we've ever lost a game against Toronto because we've been "intimidated". In fact it's usually when we try to match them in the rough stuff that we get off our game and lose. We tried the same thing against Boston with Laraque and failed miserably.
Are you sure of that? I think I remember Habs having a winning record against Boston when Laraque was playing. At the very least, I do remember Lucic being a lot more calm on the ice when Laraque was following him everywhere.

Don't get me wong: I don't think Laraque was doing a great job, and I don't like goons, but I just wonder if your assessment is right.

Old
hogtownhabsfan*

MT owes it to Parros. Parros deserves the opportunity to clean Orrs clock.

hogtownhabsfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
hersky77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc McKenna View Post
Markov clearly, I don't think pleks HIQ is very high to start with. Average to me.
Pleks shut down crsoby on saturday. You can't be a dumb player and play against the best player in the world.

hersky77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 09:15 AM
belko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Parros was playing worse than Laraque was. Sure he actually fights unlike Laraque but when you play a total of 16 minutes in 4 games and somehow on the ice for 5/12 goals against over a coinciding 4 game losing streak, your intangibles are not worth it. I'd rather go with Murray/Prust/White/Moen but we know Parros will play.
It's hard to argue against that but I'd say only that it's unlikely he's going to sit for the remainder of the season so once you accept that he's got to play, I think it makes sense that it be against the Leafs. That stat will never improve if he never leaves the press box.

belko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 09:17 AM
Adriatic

I think we played just good enough to win but this wasn't a very good performance in general. The game was much closer than it should have been. And I don't blame Parros for most of the goals he was on for, for me Therrien has to take the heat for some of those.

Adriatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 09:25 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eric-...r8230/82/56032

Interesting article

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 09:27 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
5 goals against in 25 minutes played... No matter with who he played with, that's a scary stat.
It's a small sample of data right after he came back from missing a month with a concussion. Use a bit of perspective. None of those 5 goals were directly his fault that I can recall.

Monctonscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 09:30 AM
PricePkPatch*

I really like Bournival on the 4th line. He's making this whole line more dangerous around the opposition's net, he's always first on the puck, and he's always ready to be put on the top-3 lines if someone has some problems. Provides flexibility for Therrien.

PricePkPatch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 09:34 AM
bcv
My french sucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
No he isn't. Parros is completely useless. He can win some, lose some, but that's it. He has zero hockey skills for the NHL level. He's horrible. A solid player for enforcing is a guy like Thornton, not Parros.

Dude, if you can't even say that Parros is bad...Your lovefest with everything Habs is getting rather ridiculous.
Before Parros comes in, we need to fix Plekanec's line who's been turned into a completely checking line. Either put Bournival back there or place Bourque.
The addition of Briere was useless, and even more so if he's on the 4th line.
But we need to fix our 2nd and 3rd lines that are both looking like checking lines at the moment. If we keep it up and get into the POs like this, our opponent will shutdown our only working line, we won't score, lose in the first round and hear about how we need to improve our scoring again
Why did they even take Bournival off that line, anyway? I understood when they tried Pacioretty on their wing, but since then Pacioretty went back to DD (who are playing rather well) and Bournival was dropped to the 4th line, mind you, this 4th line is the best we've seen this year, but the Bourni-Plek-Gio line was causing so much trouble in all zones. I simply don't understand what's going on in Therrien's mind.

With Bourque healthy, the Habs have 3 scoring lines. Let's see if Therrien ****s this up again.

bcv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 09:41 AM
Adriatic

Quote:
I agree on Myers, he just needs to play on a good team and get some pressure off. I would love to have him on my team. The guy has every tool imaginable to be dominant.

Adriatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 09:44 AM
Smokey Thompson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
Why did they even take Bournival off that line, anyway? I understood when they tried Pacioretty on their wing, but since then Pacioretty went back to DD (who are playing rather well) and Bournival was dropped to the 4th line, mind you, this 4th line is the best we've seen this year, but the Bourni-Plek-Gio line was causing so much trouble in all zones. I simply don't understand what's going on in Therrien's mind.

With Bourque healthy, the Habs have 3 scoring lines. Let's see if Therrien ****s this up again.
Without Bourque we still have 3 scoring lines. As much as I liked Bourni-Plek-Gio, putting Briere/Moen with them and Bourni on the 4th seems to make a much more balanced lineup.

All 4 lines are reliable, similar to the 4 responsible lines that have made the Bruins so successful.

Smokey Thompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 09:48 AM
PricePkPatch*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriatic View Post
I agree on Myers, he just needs to play on a good team and get some pressure off. I would love to have him on my team. The guy has every tool imaginable to be dominant.
Markov-Subban
Emelin-Myer

We'll have the most expensive Top-4 of all times

PricePkPatch* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 09:51 AM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:
Carlyle is a puke and he will send players to injure ours.

Remember that Orr fiasco last year ?

Don't want that happenning again.

It's not really about playing their game, its insurance. We can still play our game and have someone warm the bench.

I say sub him for Briere. If you're not going to play the guy, then put Parros there.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 10:00 AM
Pax Macioretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LePoche69 View Post
Look at the goals, most of them weren't even on his side of the ice. Blunden was flat out BRUTAL during his stay with the Habs, White also tightened up his game defensively over the last 2 weeks.

Pax Macioretty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 10:06 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Look at the goals, most of them weren't even on his side of the ice. Blunden was flat out BRUTAL during his stay with the Habs, White also tightened up his game defensively over the last 2 weeks.
He's really out of position in most of those goals, even if it isn't his side.

I don't think it's all Parros' fault though, Therrien put him in situations to fail. I mean, what coach puts him on the ice in close games in the 3rd period and on the faceoff against opposition top lines.

I almost forgot how much of a beauty Emelin is:

Last edited by Watsatheo: 11-28-2013 at 10:12 AM.
Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 10:12 AM
LePoche69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxpac View Post
Paint it in any color you want, Parros was the worst player on his line.

By the way, Blunden wasn't brutal. He brought nothing, I agree, but didn't made many mistakes.

Like it or not, Blunden, St-Pierre, Holland, Dumont, etc, are better hockey players than Parros. Parros would have hard time playing regularly in the AHL. No wonder why he wasn't playing regularly with FLORIDA last year! What you said about Parros not playing with good players can also be said about those players don't you think? I think that any of Blunden, St-pierre, Holland, Dumont would play better with Bournival and Moen and White than Parros would ever do.