HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Hockey Fights
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Hockey Fights Discuss and rate hockey fights and fighters of today and from the past. Videos welcome!

Scott vs. Murray

Old
11-28-2013, 04:31 PM
Darth Yoda

vCash: 500
So what do you think of the chances that Murray goes for a re-freshed re-match next time? Goes and goes, but for it to happen?

Darth Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 06:50 PM
Sheppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TieClark View Post
No... no he wouldn't. What's funny is the people that still think Lucic is some sort of top heavyweight fighter in the league.
Lucic can hang with anyone in the NHL in my mind. He's got the Chin, and the technical ability to do so. His biggest loss came against Orr in a fight that was pretty even until he got his nose broken.

Parros loses more fights than he wins. I don't get how it's so far fetched that Lucic can beat him?

Sheppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 07:47 PM
TieClark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheppy View Post
Lucic can hang with anyone in the NHL in my mind. He's got the Chin, and the technical ability to do so. His biggest loss came against Orr in a fight that was pretty even until he got his nose broken.

Parros loses more fights than he wins. I don't get how it's so far fetched that Lucic can beat him?
Parros loses fights because he fights the biggest and toughest guys consistently. Lucic on the other hand fights guys that can scrap, but not the Orr's, Parros' etc. He'd fight Prust or Moen long before he fought Parros.

Is there an argument to be made that it's a bad trade off for Boston for Lucic to fight the goons? Sure. But it's still a bad trade off if he fights Prust... he has no problem doing that though.

TieClark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 08:00 PM
Bi Coastal Bawse*
RIP Sam Berns

Quote:
Parros loses fights because he fights the biggest and toughest guys consistently. Lucic on the other hand fights guys that can scrap, but not the Orr's, Parros' etc. He'd fight Prust or Moen long before he fought Parros.

Is there an argument to be made that it's a bad trade off for Boston for Lucic to fight the goons? Sure. But it's still a bad trade off if he fights Prust... he has no problem doing that though.
Prust is the one who initiates the fights. I am sure if Parros tried to initiate a fight with Lucic depending on the situation Lucic would drop the gloves.

Bi Coastal Bawse* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-28-2013, 08:33 PM
stingo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
I love how because a guy finishes strong its an automatic loss for the other guy. McLaren landed 7-8 shots on Scott at the beginning then at the end Scott came on strong and got a few on mcLaren

Win McLaren
Naw, It was all Scott.

stingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 10:47 AM
Sheppy

Quote:

- Lucic and Prust have fought 3x and each time it was Prust that wanted the fight.
- Lucic fought Carkner twice and both times it was Carkner pressing the fight.

Lucic fought Rechlicz in the PRE SEASON, and Wrecker is one of the toughest guys in the AHL, and went toe to toe in one of the best fights in years. Again, Lucic didn't start that fight.

I'm sure if Parros pressed the issue with Lucic when they're on the ice at the same time (which is rare) that Lucic would scrap, and hold his own. He can hold his own against anyone in the NHL.

The fact is, Lucic doesn't go out there to fight. He goes out to hit and score, i can't remember Lucic destroying someone with a hit then refusing to fight. The fact of the matter is, there is no first line guy in the NHL that fights the guys Lucic does. NONE.

Sheppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 10:55 AM
DJN21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo View Post
Its not every day you come across a poster with common sense. But today I have. Good posts sir and nice to see an unbias opinion for once

Look, I know Scott has fought pretty much every tough guy. But last year he lost to Orr where he got dropped with a rib shot. He lost to McLaren once pretty bad and the second time either a draw or slight edge McLaren. The one time NO tough guys were on the ice for the leafs (and they have a lot) he tells kessel to be ready and then goes after HIM. Why not wait for Orr or whoever? Then the next time they meet both McLaren and Orr go after him for two games straight and Scott wont do it. He skates away or pretends not to hear them.

I couldnt see Nolan say to Scott "hey man you went after their star player, you're supposed to answer for what you did but I dont want you too and in the mean time make you look like a giant coward"

And if Nolan did, the guy is an outright moron

The problem I have in this thread or situation I guess. Why can Scott suddenly go against someone like Murray like that but not against Orr or McLaren when they did much worse to him
Anyone claiming McClaren had a slight edge or any form of victory over Scott in the second fight is being a homer. Scott lost 1 to Orr and 1to McClaren then beat McClaren later on down the line...Toronto fans are so reluctant to admit any flaw and/or give any semblance of credit to Scott its embarrassing....

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 10:58 AM
DJN21

Quote:
- Lucic and Prust have fought 3x and each time it was Prust that wanted the fight.

Lucic fought Rechlicz in the PRE SEASON, and Wrecker is one of the toughest guys in the AHL, and went toe to toe in one of the best fights in years. Again, Lucic didn't start that fight.

I'm sure if Parros pressed the issue with Lucic when they're on the ice at the same time (which is rare) that Lucic would scrap, and hold his own. He can hold his own against anyone in the NHL.

The fact is, Lucic doesn't go out there to fight. He goes out to hit and score, i can't remember Lucic destroying someone with a hit then refusing to fight. The fact of the matter is, there is no first line guy in the NHL that fights the guys Lucic does. NONE.
Last part is exactly it. There's no top 6 player even close to bringing what Lucic does in terms of his fighting abililty and what coach in their right mind wants to put a non-shutdown 4th line against Boston's top line? Lucic doesnt exactly get a ton of chances to bang with the Parros's and Scott's of the world because opposing coaches dont want the other 2/3's of that Lucic line tearing up the scoreboard.

I hate him more than any player in the league but one could make a solid argument for Lucic being one of the most valuable players in the league based on what he brings to the table, and every team in the game wants Lucic on their team whether they admit it or not...

DJN21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 03:04 PM
flyersfan28

Quote:

stewart...

flyersfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-30-2013, 07:31 PM
bills44

Seems like every Scott thread is polluted with Bruins fans (still upset about the thrashing of Thornton and the Eriksson hit, presumably. If you want to dish it out, learn to take it) and Leaves fans (irritated by Kessel's stick-swinging, perhaps).

bills44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 02:40 PM
coupe93

Decisive win Scott. Scott knew he had Murray in big trouble towards the end of the fight when Scott landed a few bombs and appeared to have stunned Murray. Scott clearly recognized this and let up and at one point was looking at the refs to step in. Good on Scott IMO.

Hats off to Murray, he hung in there quite well against the bigger man.

coupe93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-02-2013, 03:52 PM
Gavy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskau View Post
He was told no staged fighting. Nolan has a huge problem with staged fights and has said that if you aren't angry there is no reason to start a staged fight. .
I like that. As much as I want Orr or Mclaren to wreck Scott, I like that Nolan said that

Gavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-07-2013, 03:59 PM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupe93 View Post
Decisive win Scott. Scott knew he had Murray in big trouble towards the end of the fight when Scott landed a few bombs and appeared to have stunned Murray. Scott clearly recognized this and let up and at one point was looking at the refs to step in. Good on Scott IMO.

Hats off to Murray, he hung in there quite well against the bigger man.
I can't get over the size of Scott, Murray and Moen looked like kids when they went after him.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-09-2013, 08:02 PM
cardiffgiant
Race to the bottom!

I've always liked Murray and thought he did well, but Scott wins this one. I love how dramatically people try discredit a win by Scott almost as much as I love how hard Laffs fans troll Scott threads.

cardiffgiant is offline   Reply With Quote