HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Buyouts....more buyouts!!

Closed Thread

Old
07-24-2005, 10:04 PM
lynchmob450

vCash: 500
Buyouts....more buyouts!!

Personally, i'm happy Clarke has taken care of business quickly with Leclair and Amonte. Now, i'm hoping that Clarke will move forward and do the same with Brashear and Desjardins.

We do NOT need to pay Brash the money he will be making, even with the 24% rollback. If we need a tough guy, we will be able to sign one very easily when the chopping block spreads through the NHL this coming week. I know Brash is a TOP heavyweight, but is NOT worth the money he will be getting paid.

As for Desjardins, i'm assuming that he is signed for this coming season (i thought i read that he held an option on the 2005 contract). If this is the case...and yes, i do realize that we don't have much depth in D, but whatever Desjardins will be getting paid, once again, its way TOO much (i'm assuming it'll be between $2.5-3.0??). He's not worth more than $1.0. There will once again be lots of talent out there amongst d-men being declared f/a's. I think the Flyers should use their money on d-men who will be able to play a full season (unlike Desjardins).

Finally...has Roenick confirmed that he will be HAPPY to play wing this season? If he is causing any problems...buy him out (it's not my money...so it's easy for me to be buying out players ). He is also getting way too much money for a player who is often looking out for himself more than his team.

Old
07-24-2005, 10:16 PM
donelikedinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynchmob450
He is also getting way too much money for a player who is often looking out for himself more than his team.
ok since this was your first post i'll be nice. listen up skippy , JR is a consumate team player. HIs mouth runs like a boatload of sh%t sometimes, but he bleeds orange and black right now. if you think he's all about himself, your completely ignorant. have a nice day.

Old
07-24-2005, 10:18 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5602
I keep Desjardins just because he is still a useful player. He's had a whole year to heal so he should be ready to go, hopefully can play a 4-5 role and be very effective

Old
07-24-2005, 10:20 PM
FlyHigh

Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by donelikedinner
ok since this was your first post i'll be nice. listen up skippy , JR is a consumate team player. HIs mouth runs like a boatload of sh%t sometimes, but he bleeds orange and black right now. if you think he's all about himself, your completely ignorant. have a nice day.
a little harsh on the newbie there but I agree mostly. JR is a true team player.

Also disagree with you about desjardins. someone tell me if I'm wrong, but I think after the rollback, he's only making like 1.5 mill or something. Even he was making 2, I'd still keep him, he's a good player who leads by example.

Old
07-24-2005, 10:22 PM
donelikedinner

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh
Also disagree with you about desjardins. someone tell me if I'm wrong, but I think after the rollback, he's only making like 1.5 mill or something. Even he was making 2, I'd still keep him, he's a good player who leads by example.
a rested desjardin late in the season and playoffs is very, very valuable in terms of leadership and experience. he's got a lot to teach from the blueline.

Old
07-24-2005, 10:26 PM
FlyHigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by donelikedinner
a rested desjardin late in the season and playoffs is very, very valuable in terms of leadership and experience. he's got a lot to teach from the blueline.
definitely, guys like Pitty and Seids and perhaps even Johnsson and Markov can learn plenty from him. Also still a good passer, it'll be nice to see him play without the redline, he could have a pretty good season in terms of assists I think.

Old
07-24-2005, 10:28 PM
Toonces
The beer kitty

Brashear? Yeah, I'm somewhat supprised, but perhaps they beleive they will get under the cap and still keep him around. While his salary wouldn't count against the cap, they still have to spend the money and then get somebody to replace him which will just be spending more than they have to.

With Desjardins, who is going to replace him? If they buy him out in order to get under the cap, they can't sign him for less, and they are going to have to pay somebody to do what he does right now. JR is in a similar situation, and is still very useful even if he is making more than he should.

Old
07-24-2005, 11:11 PM
King Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonces
Brashear? Yeah, I'm somewhat supprised, but perhaps they beleive they will get under the cap and still keep him around. While his salary wouldn't count against the cap, they still have to spend the money and then get somebody to replace him which will just be spending more than they have to.

With Desjardins, who is going to replace him? If they buy him out in order to get under the cap, they can't sign him for less, and they are going to have to pay somebody to do what he does right now. JR is in a similar situation, and is still very useful even if he is making more than he should.
I don't think we will have to look for Brashear's replacement outside the org. We've got Fedoruk and Cote to fill his role. How much is Stevenson making? Do we realy need him? and where will he play? He is a RWer and we've got Knuble,Sharp,Roenick,and Radio on the right. He's got to be making more than 1mil and that is too much for what he brings and in this new CBA.

Old
07-24-2005, 11:17 PM
GagneScores12

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Fish
I don't think we will have to look for Brashear's replacement outside the org. We've got Fedoruk and Cote to fill his role. How much is Stevenson making? Do we realy need him? and where will he play? He is a RWer and we've got Knuble,Sharp,Roenick,and Radio on the right. He's got to be making more than 1mil and that is too much for what he brings and in this new CBA.
But don't forget, he's a "hard working" player and "hard working" teams will be rewarded in this new NHL. Read into it and it's going to be "we're still going to find a way to trap and play boring defensive hockey because that's what wins unfortunately."

Old
07-24-2005, 11:52 PM
FlyersHomer DM03

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
I keep Desjardins just because he is still a useful player. He's had a whole year to heal so he should be ready to go, hopefully can play a 4-5 role and be very effective
yeah, keep rico, don't give him an overbearing duty, sign a dependable 7th d-man so we can give him off in some games late in the season and hope he plays a full playoffs for us this year

Old
07-25-2005, 12:31 AM
mikedifr

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Fish
Knuble has been 99% a LW the past 3 seasons and I feel he is a replacement for LeClair. Stevenson can play either wing but I am going to assume he is on the RW along with Sharp Roenick and Rado. I dont want Brashear here either. I think an enforcer is still needed, but not as a fulltime player. Brashear makes to much money to be a part time player. I think you take two players like Fedoruk and Somik as your 12/13 forward and alternate them depending on the opponent. I am very curious to see how Hitch is going to get all these guys playing on the team. Brashear should NOT be taking away ice time from someone like Umberger if he played well enough to make the team.

Old
07-25-2005, 12:35 AM
blah

Nice thread title, I actually thought they bought out more players...

Old
07-25-2005, 01:02 AM
FlyHigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
Nice thread title, I actually thought they bought out more players...
Yea, I was sort of hoping to see "Brashear joins Amonte and LeClair on the list of bought-out former Flyers."

Old
07-25-2005, 05:24 AM
Flyman

Send a message via MSN to Flyman
Rico is also important because of one point : he is our lone right-handed d-man...which is really important on the PP.

Old
07-25-2005, 07:07 AM
CharlieGirl
Get well soon Kimmo

Quote:
Finally...has Roenick confirmed that he will be HAPPY to play wing this season?
Yes, on Off the Record on TSN last week, he said he's playing wing this season and can't wait, especially with no red line.

Old
07-27-2005, 08:55 PM
lynchmob450

Pierre McGuire mentioned that Brashear will probably be bought out because the Flyers are tired of his off ice problems. This would be a step in the right direction.

Old
07-27-2005, 08:57 PM
blah

I hope Desjardins follows right after him. That would leave the Flyers with what 10 mil in capspace?

Old
07-27-2005, 08:59 PM
Brad*

Quote:
Pierre McGuire mentioned that Brashear will probably be bought out because the Flyers are tired of his off ice problems. This would be a step in the right direction.
Oh please let it be so...

Old
07-27-2005, 09:05 PM
GKJ
Global Moderator
Entertainment

vCash: 5602
Quote:

I find it hard to beleive since he was at the press conference

Old
07-27-2005, 09:07 PM
Brad*

Quote:
Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
I find it hard to beleive since he was at the press conference
Think positive. Perhaps he ran over Clarke's dog with his Lamborghini.

Old
07-28-2005, 12:01 AM
flyersrock1

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah
I hope Desjardins follows right after him. That would leave the Flyers with what 10 mil in capspace?
We kicked John out (and I agreed with it) but not the other 1/3 of Clarke's greatest trade ever. Eric is still a solid d-man.

Old
07-28-2005, 12:09 AM
FlyersHomer DM03

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyersrock1
We kicked John out (and I agreed with it) but not the other 1/3 of Clarke's greatest trade ever. Eric is still a solid d-man.
this offseason...the defensman market will feature a lot of money going to a small number of players...releasing rico would leave us with another hole to fill, probably screwing us over cap-wise, short and long term...

can desjardins at 2.something million or brashear at 1.7, thats an easy choice

Closed Thread