HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 26: Predators vs Oilers | Thanksgiving Edition

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-28-2013, 11:13 PM
  #76
PredsV82
Polishing Turds
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Turdistan
Country: Poland
Posts: 22,425
vCash: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
tonight is a prime reason why trotz should go. i don't care if its back to back.. performances like tonight are inexcusable. no consistency coach
I'm going to try really hard not to say something that will get me infracted, but...

ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME????

Third game in four nights, travelled last night, todays a holiday so many of the guys probably had family stuff earlier, and yet the coach deserves to be fired because they were kinda flat???

Really, dude (or dudette if you are a female) I know you want Trotz gone but that's just downright ridiculous.

PredsV82 is online now  
Old
11-28-2013, 11:15 PM
  #77
habsrule4eva3089
Registered User
 
habsrule4eva3089's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,399
vCash: 500
Any word from Trotz on Weber (Other then upper body lol) during the post game presser?

Robby Stanley ‏@RStanley247 3m

Shea Weber is day-to-day with an upper-body injury.

That's at least positive news.


Last edited by habsrule4eva3089: 11-28-2013 at 11:21 PM.
habsrule4eva3089 is offline  
Old
11-28-2013, 11:21 PM
  #78
hockey diva
Registered User
 
hockey diva's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Beleriand
Posts: 2,065
vCash: 500
That was embarrassing.

hockey diva is offline  
Old
11-29-2013, 12:38 AM
  #79
NoNecksCurse
Registered User
 
NoNecksCurse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 6,017
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I'm going to try really hard not to say something that will get me infracted, but...

ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME????

Third game in four nights, travelled last night, todays a holiday so many of the guys probably had family stuff earlier, and yet the coach deserves to be fired because they were kinda flat???

Really, dude (or dudette if you are a female) I know you want Trotz gone but that's just downright ridiculous.
lol happy holidays vold.. im a guy btw.

NoNecksCurse is offline  
Old
11-29-2013, 12:53 AM
  #80
PredsV82
Polishing Turds
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Turdistan
Country: Poland
Posts: 22,425
vCash: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule4eva3089 View Post
Any word from Trotz on Weber (Other then upper body lol) during the post game presser?

Robby Stanley ‏@RStanley247 3m

Shea Weber is day-to-day with an upper-body injury.

That's at least positive news.
As has been said before..... remember, steve sullivan was day-to-day for two years... all that quote from trotz means is that weber is not on life support

PredsV82 is online now  
Old
11-29-2013, 01:00 AM
  #81
PredsV82
Polishing Turds
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Turdistan
Country: Poland
Posts: 22,425
vCash: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
That was embarrassing.
Do you not take call in your position? Because to me having to play, travel that night and play the next day sounds about like working one day, taking call that night, and then trying to get energized for work the next day. Its freaking hard, and these guys are humans not robots.

PredsV82 is online now  
Old
11-29-2013, 01:31 AM
  #82
Nashville Transplant
Registered User
 
Nashville Transplant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Nash/LA
Posts: 731
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
Do you not take call in your position? Because to me having to play, travel that night and play the next day sounds about like working one day, taking call that night, and then trying to get energized for work the next day. Its freaking hard, and these guys are humans not robots.

Humans who make more money in a season that most of you (*us*) will make in a decade...

Look, Edmonton has SKILL... but this was an embarrassment on home ice... There's parity in the league, but you have to show up... It's not like Bryzgalov can't be beaten. Just that Preds hockey lulls you to sleep more often than not, and tonight it was the team that fell prey to their own boring style of play.

Nashville Transplant is offline  
Old
11-29-2013, 05:16 AM
  #83
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred
 
jwhouk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Wisconsin
Country: United States
Posts: 4,682
vCash: 500
This was the 102nd time the Predators have been shut out in franchise history, regular season and playoffs combined.

EDIT: Geez, the longer I keep track of EPGES, the more I find little errors. The game vs. New Jersey was our 100th scoreless game in team history.


Last edited by jwhouk: 11-29-2013 at 09:17 PM. Reason: small mistake in counting
jwhouk is offline  
Old
11-29-2013, 07:31 AM
  #84
PredsV82
Polishing Turds
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Turdistan
Country: Poland
Posts: 22,425
vCash: 160


the only "good" news is the puck was tipped so may have lost a little velocity.

the camera angle is from behind so you can't actually see the hit… hopefully just a cut and some swelling… a fracture of the orbit would mean 4-6 weeks...

PredsV82 is online now  
Old
11-29-2013, 08:18 AM
  #85
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd
 
worstfaceoffmanever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fargo, ND
Country: United States
Posts: 12,795
vCash: 500
We lost the game the moment Edmonton scored. We looked sluggish, like we had just come in off the road (which we did). Mazanec played well and gave us a chance, but we just didn't have the legs. A better team than Edmonton would have blown us out.

Rest up, get two points against Philadelphia, and forget this ever happened.

worstfaceoffmanever is offline  
Old
11-29-2013, 08:36 AM
  #86
Roman Yoshi
Joey: A New Hope
 
Roman Yoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Franklin, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 7,005
vCash: 500
6th shut out in 26 games this year. That's almost 1 in 4 games we have been held off the scoreboard.

How is this acceptable? Regardless of Pekka, how is being shut out 25% of the time ok on any level?

Roman Yoshi is offline  
Old
11-29-2013, 12:05 PM
  #87
token grinder
formerly sirryan189
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Franklin
Country: United States
Posts: 4,704
vCash: 500
It isn't like we didn't have plenty of chances to score. Perfect on the pk. Even 5 v 5. Had a terrible 2 minute 4 v 4. One Wilson leaves his man to support and shouldn't have and the other Ellis and Klein do a **** poor job communicating. More Ellis was looking for the puck and it was gone though. And Bryzgalov played really well, and it isn't the first time he has come into the bridge and stoned us. Maybe we thought we were getting spacey bryz, well, we got the bryz that deserved the philly contract.

token grinder is offline  
Old
11-29-2013, 12:07 PM
  #88
token grinder
formerly sirryan189
 
token grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Franklin
Country: United States
Posts: 4,704
vCash: 500
that isn't to say our pp did well (it didn't) nor did we play the full 60 with energy. I expected the first period. effort was there, just not that energy you need to pounce. We seem to get going once we went down 2 nil, and had momentum that you could feel, and then weber used a puck as an eyepatch and it deflated us

token grinder is offline  
Old
11-29-2013, 01:12 PM
  #89
INDhockeyfan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 4,053
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Yoshi View Post
6th shut out in 26 games this year. That's almost 1 in 4 games we have been held off the scoreboard.

How is this acceptable? Regardless of Pekka, how is being shut out 25% of the time ok on any level?
Would you feel better if we scored 1 goal in everyone of those games and lost? It doesn't matter what the score it whether it is 4-0 or 4-1 it is a loss. Shutouts are for goalies and Bryz played very well. We scored 4 goals in the 2 games before it. You make it sound like we aren't capable of scoring at all. We are a streaky team. We either score a lot or we don't at all. It is frustrating but there are 56 games left to play.

INDhockeyfan is offline  
Old
11-29-2013, 01:17 PM
  #90
dulzhok
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 3,528
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Yoshi View Post
6th shut out in 26 games this year. That's almost 1 in 4 games we have been held off the scoreboard.

How is this acceptable? Regardless of Pekka, how is being shut out 25% of the time ok on any level?
As I pointed out in another thread, we are on pace to break the NHL record for being shutout.

dulzhok is offline  
Old
11-29-2013, 01:41 PM
  #91
Dave is a killer
Dave's a Mess
 
Dave is a killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Mount Juliet
Country: Italy
Posts: 26,340
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
As I pointed out in another thread, we are on pace to break the NHL record for being shutout.
by a solid 2-3 games at the very least.

Dave is a killer is offline  
Old
11-29-2013, 02:07 PM
  #92
Roman Yoshi
Joey: A New Hope
 
Roman Yoshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Franklin, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 7,005
vCash: 500
Form where I was sitting, Bryz didn't have that amazing of a game. He made the saves he was supposed to make and a couple of good ones. He did not, by any means, steal the game. We didn't put enough pressure on him.

Shutouts do matter. They matter to a teams psyche. They matter to ticket sales. Normally, they would matter to a coaches tenure, but we all know that isn't going to happen.

Also, why the **** does Weber not wear a visor? Just stupid.

Roman Yoshi is offline  
Old
11-29-2013, 02:14 PM
  #93
Byrddog
Registered User
 
Byrddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,457
vCash: 140
Very surprised the team still hovers at .500, winning games I never expected them to be in (Hawks) but losing a game I penciled as a win (Oil).

Almost 1/3 of the season done and 1 player is on pace to have 20 goals and once again a defenseman.

Biggest disappointments so far.

1 Stalberg
2 Wilson
3 Borque

Byrddog is offline  
Old
11-29-2013, 08:08 PM
  #94
Paranoid Android
mug mug mug
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 12,399
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
Very surprised the team still hovers at .500, winning games I never expected them to be in (Hawks) but losing a game I penciled as a win (Oil).

Almost 1/3 of the season done and 1 player is on pace to have 20 goals and once again a defenseman.

Biggest disappointments so far.

1 Stalberg
2 Wilson
3 Borque
I don't think Bourque has been that bad, but yes, Wilson and Stalberg have been huge disappointments. Stalberg is starting to look better, but Wilson's inconsistency is driving me mad.

I thought Bryz played very well. He looked like he wasn't tested much, but I think that has a lot to do with how calm he was in net. He was making big saves look routine. We still didn't put nearly enough quality chances on net.

Paranoid Android is offline  
Old
11-29-2013, 09:15 PM
  #95
Byrddog
Registered User
 
Byrddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,457
vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I don't think Bourque has been that bad, but yes, Wilson and Stalberg have been huge disappointments. Stalberg is starting to look better, but Wilson's inconsistency is driving me mad.

I thought Bryz played very well. He looked like he wasn't tested much, but I think that has a lot to do with how calm he was in net. He was making big saves look routine. We still didn't put nearly enough quality chances on net.
I put Bourque in because most of us expected him to have a 20 goal year and hes on pace for 12.


Oh and we made the nutcase in net for the Oil look like the best goalie ever to play. Then again he was not challenged much. At one point we had 21 SOG and 12 were by defensemen. Its really no surprise they were shutout.

Byrddog is offline  
Old
11-29-2013, 09:48 PM
  #96
Montross
Favoritism.
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 970
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
I put Bourque in because most of us expected him to have a 20 goal year and hes on pace for 12.


Oh and we made the nutcase in net for the Oil look like the best goalie ever to play. Then again he was not challenged much. At one point we had 21 SOG and 12 were by defensemen. Its really no surprise they were shutout.
And of course Edm gets rolled tonight.

Montross is offline  
Old
11-29-2013, 10:22 PM
  #97
Byrddog
Registered User
 
Byrddog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 4,457
vCash: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montross View Post
And of course Edm gets rolled tonight.
Yeah by the Bugs no less!!!!!!!

Byrddog is offline  
Old
11-29-2013, 10:31 PM
  #98
PredsV82
Polishing Turds
 
PredsV82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Turdistan
Country: Poland
Posts: 22,425
vCash: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montross View Post
And of course Edm gets rolled tonight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
Yeah by the Bugs no less!!!!!!!
yeah imagine that a team playing the second of BTB after they travelled the night before has an off game… who'da thunk it

PredsV82 is online now  
Old
11-29-2013, 11:05 PM
  #99
101st_fan
I taught Yoda
 
101st_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Some Army fort
Country: United States
Posts: 6,470
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
yeah imagine that a team playing the second of BTB after they travelled the night before has an off game… who'da thunk it
Other teams never have issues on the back end of B2Bs ... it's just us. Just like the team playing its third game in four days should have more energy than the team waiting for them to arrive and getting ready to play its third game in eight days. Oh, wait ... that's absolutely reversed. My bad.

101st_fan is offline  
Old
11-29-2013, 11:26 PM
  #100
glenngineer
HF Partner
 
glenngineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Spring Hill, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 5,438
vCash: 500
There is something that would make B2B's easier. When you've got a team down, put them away so you're not spending all your energy trying to hold on to a lead when you shouldn't have to. Perfect case scenario, go up 3-0 against Phoenix in your building only to let them back in to the game 3-2 and have to fight and claw to a 4-2 victory sealed by an empty net goal. If we put them away early enough, we can rest or not have important guys play so many minutes. That's why good/great teams are able to play B2B's with decent results and teams like us don't do as well some of the time.

It's not as if they don't know that they have 3 in 4 nights or B2B's. They're professionals and should be expected to be prepared for those situations. Same with the coaching staff in having these guys ready to play in those situations. I get it, it's tough but they're paid millions to be ready to go. Imagine if we went to our bosses and were like, sorry, I've worked 2 of the last 3 days, this 4th day you're not going to get a lot from me. They'd laugh at us while we're walking out the door because we got a pink slip. I used to work 16-18 hour days, go home for a few hours of sleep and then come back and do it again the next day, sometimes for 4-5 days in a row for a lot less money yet I did it and people kept hiring me. You do your job to the best of your ability every time you go to work and sometimes you have to suck it up and push yourself a little harder on certain days. That push wasn't there last night. It happens. I get it. Let's have less of those moments and less excuses about why they couldn't perform and expect more out of them and hope they expect more out of themselves next time out.

glenngineer is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2016 All Rights Reserved.