HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Game 26: Predators vs Oilers | Thanksgiving Edition

Closed Thread

Old
11-28-2013, 11:13 PM
PredsV82
Polishing Turds

vCash: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
tonight is a prime reason why trotz should go. i don't care if its back to back.. performances like tonight are inexcusable. no consistency coach
I'm going to try really hard not to say something that will get me infracted, but...

ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME????

Third game in four nights, travelled last night, todays a holiday so many of the guys probably had family stuff earlier, and yet the coach deserves to be fired because they were kinda flat???

Really, dude (or dudette if you are a female) I know you want Trotz gone but that's just downright ridiculous.

Old
11-28-2013, 11:15 PM
habsrule4eva3089

vCash: 500
Any word from Trotz on Weber (Other then upper body lol) during the post game presser?

Robby Stanley ‏@RStanley247 3m

Shea Weber is day-to-day with an upper-body injury.

That's at least positive news.

Last edited by habsrule4eva3089: 11-28-2013 at 11:21 PM.
Old
11-28-2013, 11:21 PM
hockey diva

That was embarrassing.

Old
11-29-2013, 12:38 AM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsV82 View Post
I'm going to try really hard not to say something that will get me infracted, but...

ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME????

Third game in four nights, travelled last night, todays a holiday so many of the guys probably had family stuff earlier, and yet the coach deserves to be fired because they were kinda flat???

Really, dude (or dudette if you are a female) I know you want Trotz gone but that's just downright ridiculous.
lol happy holidays vold.. im a guy btw.

Old
11-29-2013, 12:53 AM
PredsV82
Polishing Turds

Quote:
Originally Posted by habsrule4eva3089 View Post
Any word from Trotz on Weber (Other then upper body lol) during the post game presser?

Robby Stanley ‏@RStanley247 3m

Shea Weber is day-to-day with an upper-body injury.

That's at least positive news.
As has been said before..... remember, steve sullivan was day-to-day for two years... all that quote from trotz means is that weber is not on life support

Old
11-29-2013, 01:00 AM
PredsV82
Polishing Turds

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey diva View Post
That was embarrassing.
Do you not take call in your position? Because to me having to play, travel that night and play the next day sounds about like working one day, taking call that night, and then trying to get energized for work the next day. Its freaking hard, and these guys are humans not robots.

Old
11-29-2013, 01:31 AM
Nashville Transplant

Quote:
Do you not take call in your position? Because to me having to play, travel that night and play the next day sounds about like working one day, taking call that night, and then trying to get energized for work the next day. Its freaking hard, and these guys are humans not robots.

Humans who make more money in a season that most of you (*us*) will make in a decade...

Look, Edmonton has SKILL... but this was an embarrassment on home ice... There's parity in the league, but you have to show up... It's not like Bryzgalov can't be beaten. Just that Preds hockey lulls you to sleep more often than not, and tonight it was the team that fell prey to their own boring style of play.

Old
11-29-2013, 05:16 AM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

This was the 102nd time the Predators have been shut out in franchise history, regular season and playoffs combined.

EDIT: Geez, the longer I keep track of EPGES, the more I find little errors. The game vs. New Jersey was our 100th scoreless game in team history.

Last edited by jwhouk: 11-29-2013 at 09:17 PM. Reason: small mistake in counting
Old
11-29-2013, 07:31 AM
PredsV82
Polishing Turds

the only "good" news is the puck was tipped so may have lost a little velocity.

the camera angle is from behind so you can't actually see the hit… hopefully just a cut and some swelling… a fracture of the orbit would mean 4-6 weeks...

Old
11-29-2013, 08:18 AM
worstfaceoffmanever
These Snacks Are Odd

We lost the game the moment Edmonton scored. We looked sluggish, like we had just come in off the road (which we did). Mazanec played well and gave us a chance, but we just didn't have the legs. A better team than Edmonton would have blown us out.

Rest up, get two points against Philadelphia, and forget this ever happened.

Old
11-29-2013, 08:36 AM
Roman Yoshi
Joey: A New Hope

6th shut out in 26 games this year. That's almost 1 in 4 games we have been held off the scoreboard.

How is this acceptable? Regardless of Pekka, how is being shut out 25% of the time ok on any level?

Old
11-29-2013, 12:05 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

It isn't like we didn't have plenty of chances to score. Perfect on the pk. Even 5 v 5. Had a terrible 2 minute 4 v 4. One Wilson leaves his man to support and shouldn't have and the other Ellis and Klein do a **** poor job communicating. More Ellis was looking for the puck and it was gone though. And Bryzgalov played really well, and it isn't the first time he has come into the bridge and stoned us. Maybe we thought we were getting spacey bryz, well, we got the bryz that deserved the philly contract.

Old
11-29-2013, 12:07 PM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

that isn't to say our pp did well (it didn't) nor did we play the full 60 with energy. I expected the first period. effort was there, just not that energy you need to pounce. We seem to get going once we went down 2 nil, and had momentum that you could feel, and then weber used a puck as an eyepatch and it deflated us

Old
11-29-2013, 01:12 PM
INDhockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Yoshi View Post
6th shut out in 26 games this year. That's almost 1 in 4 games we have been held off the scoreboard.

How is this acceptable? Regardless of Pekka, how is being shut out 25% of the time ok on any level?
Would you feel better if we scored 1 goal in everyone of those games and lost? It doesn't matter what the score it whether it is 4-0 or 4-1 it is a loss. Shutouts are for goalies and Bryz played very well. We scored 4 goals in the 2 games before it. You make it sound like we aren't capable of scoring at all. We are a streaky team. We either score a lot or we don't at all. It is frustrating but there are 56 games left to play.

Old
11-29-2013, 01:17 PM
dulzhok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman Yoshi View Post

As I pointed out in another thread, we are on pace to break the NHL record for being shutout.

Old
11-29-2013, 01:41 PM
Dave is a killer
Dave's a Mess

Quote:
Originally Posted by dulzhok View Post
As I pointed out in another thread, we are on pace to break the NHL record for being shutout.
by a solid 2-3 games at the very least.

Old
11-29-2013, 02:07 PM
Roman Yoshi
Joey: A New Hope

Form where I was sitting, Bryz didn't have that amazing of a game. He made the saves he was supposed to make and a couple of good ones. He did not, by any means, steal the game. We didn't put enough pressure on him.

Shutouts do matter. They matter to a teams psyche. They matter to ticket sales. Normally, they would matter to a coaches tenure, but we all know that isn't going to happen.

Also, why the **** does Weber not wear a visor? Just stupid.

Old
11-29-2013, 02:14 PM
Byrddog

vCash: 140
Very surprised the team still hovers at .500, winning games I never expected them to be in (Hawks) but losing a game I penciled as a win (Oil).

Almost 1/3 of the season done and 1 player is on pace to have 20 goals and once again a defenseman.

Biggest disappointments so far.

1 Stalberg
2 Wilson
3 Borque

Old
11-29-2013, 08:08 PM
Paranoid Android
mug mug mug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrddog View Post
Very surprised the team still hovers at .500, winning games I never expected them to be in (Hawks) but losing a game I penciled as a win (Oil).

Almost 1/3 of the season done and 1 player is on pace to have 20 goals and once again a defenseman.

Biggest disappointments so far.

1 Stalberg
2 Wilson
3 Borque
I don't think Bourque has been that bad, but yes, Wilson and Stalberg have been huge disappointments. Stalberg is starting to look better, but Wilson's inconsistency is driving me mad.

I thought Bryz played very well. He looked like he wasn't tested much, but I think that has a lot to do with how calm he was in net. He was making big saves look routine. We still didn't put nearly enough quality chances on net.

Old
11-29-2013, 09:15 PM
Byrddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
I don't think Bourque has been that bad, but yes, Wilson and Stalberg have been huge disappointments. Stalberg is starting to look better, but Wilson's inconsistency is driving me mad.

I thought Bryz played very well. He looked like he wasn't tested much, but I think that has a lot to do with how calm he was in net. He was making big saves look routine. We still didn't put nearly enough quality chances on net.
I put Bourque in because most of us expected him to have a 20 goal year and hes on pace for 12.

Oh and we made the nutcase in net for the Oil look like the best goalie ever to play. Then again he was not challenged much. At one point we had 21 SOG and 12 were by defensemen. Its really no surprise they were shutout.

Old
11-29-2013, 09:48 PM
Montross
Favoritism.

Quote:
I put Bourque in because most of us expected him to have a 20 goal year and hes on pace for 12.

Oh and we made the nutcase in net for the Oil look like the best goalie ever to play. Then again he was not challenged much. At one point we had 21 SOG and 12 were by defensemen. Its really no surprise they were shutout.
And of course Edm gets rolled tonight.

Old
11-29-2013, 10:22 PM
Byrddog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montross View Post
Yeah by the Bugs no less!!!!!!!

Old
11-29-2013, 10:31 PM
PredsV82
Polishing Turds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montross View Post
Quote:
Yeah by the Bugs no less!!!!!!!
yeah imagine that a team playing the second of BTB after they travelled the night before has an off game… who'da thunk it

Old
11-29-2013, 11:05 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
yeah imagine that a team playing the second of BTB after they travelled the night before has an off game… who'da thunk it
Other teams never have issues on the back end of B2Bs ... it's just us. Just like the team playing its third game in four days should have more energy than the team waiting for them to arrive and getting ready to play its third game in eight days. Oh, wait ... that's absolutely reversed. My bad.

Old
11-29-2013, 11:26 PM
glenngineer
HF Partner

There is something that would make B2B's easier. When you've got a team down, put them away so you're not spending all your energy trying to hold on to a lead when you shouldn't have to. Perfect case scenario, go up 3-0 against Phoenix in your building only to let them back in to the game 3-2 and have to fight and claw to a 4-2 victory sealed by an empty net goal. If we put them away early enough, we can rest or not have important guys play so many minutes. That's why good/great teams are able to play B2B's with decent results and teams like us don't do as well some of the time.

It's not as if they don't know that they have 3 in 4 nights or B2B's. They're professionals and should be expected to be prepared for those situations. Same with the coaching staff in having these guys ready to play in those situations. I get it, it's tough but they're paid millions to be ready to go. Imagine if we went to our bosses and were like, sorry, I've worked 2 of the last 3 days, this 4th day you're not going to get a lot from me. They'd laugh at us while we're walking out the door because we got a pink slip. I used to work 16-18 hour days, go home for a few hours of sleep and then come back and do it again the next day, sometimes for 4-5 days in a row for a lot less money yet I did it and people kept hiring me. You do your job to the best of your ability every time you go to work and sometimes you have to suck it up and push yourself a little harder on certain days. That push wasn't there last night. It happens. I get it. Let's have less of those moments and less excuses about why they couldn't perform and expect more out of them and hope they expect more out of themselves next time out.

Closed Thread