HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs mock draft

Closed Thread

Old
07-26-2005, 09:12 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

vCash: 500
Habs mock draft

http://www.habsworld.net/article.php?id=825

Just some thoughts on who the Habs might be looking at with each pick and a little info about them. I've seen most of them but not all of them.

Old
07-26-2005, 09:50 PM
Ape Clutch

Send a message via MSN to Ape Clutch Send a message via Yahoo to Ape Clutch
Good job Dan enjoyed the read

btw why no Ryder or Kostitsyn? is it because they're not good enough?

Old
07-26-2005, 10:01 PM
eddy

Nice read! Thanks. Some interesting players in there, didn't know much of who is there outside the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Stanlislav Lascek is one guy I wouldn't mind taking a chance on in the later rounds.

Old
07-27-2005, 12:09 AM
CrAzYNiNe

Send a message via MSN to CrAzYNiNe
Am I the only one who has a bad feeling about Ryan and Kopitar. The more I read about Kopitar the more I don't want him. Ryan is just bad memories of Terry Ryan I just can't get out of my head.

Old
07-27-2005, 12:15 AM
Joey

Send a message via MSN to Joey
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzYNiNe
Ryan is just bad memories of Terry Ryan I just can't get out of my head.

Are they related?

Old
07-27-2005, 01:27 AM
Traitor8

no Ryan's(05 pick) real last name was stevenson and his parents had problems with each otehr so his last name got changed.

Old
07-27-2005, 01:46 AM
Ross MacLochness

A buddy of mine said Montreal is really interested him for their 2nd or 3rd round pick.

Matt Pelech, plays for Sarnia, an absolute ogre who didn't play many games this year (his jaw was messed). He said he spoke to 22 teams and Calgary and Montreal were the most interested. I'd be suprised though, doesn't seem like a Savard pick.

Pelech is a super good guy too. He killed everyone in the bench-press test at the combine in Toronto apparantly.

Old
07-27-2005, 01:57 AM
Montrealer

Dan, you are a wizard. Good job.

Old
07-27-2005, 11:13 AM
habscout

Send a message via ICQ to habscout Send a message via AIM to habscout Send a message via MSN to habscout Send a message via Yahoo to habscout
The Fourth Period has their mock draft, and predict that the top 6 players will be Crosby, Johnson, Brule, Pouliot, Ryan then Kopitar. It's quite possible it will go that way, although I'm leaning a little more towards Kopitar over Ryan. I've read some reports that state Ryan isn't so much a "power forward" as a forward with good size; meaning, that he doesn't play as big as his size. If those reports are true, then I'd rather the Habs select Kopitar, who appears to have a higher skill set than Ryan.

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/draft/mockdraft05.html

Old
07-27-2005, 12:03 PM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

Quote:
Originally Posted by habscout
The Fourth Period has their mock draft, and predict that the top 6 players will be Crosby, Johnson, Brule, Pouliot, Ryan then Kopitar. It's quite possible it will go that way, although I'm leaning a little more towards Kopitar over Ryan. I've read some reports that state Ryan isn't so much a "power forward" as a forward with good size; meaning, that he doesn't play as big as his size. If those reports are true, then I'd rather the Habs select Kopitar, who appears to have a higher skill set than Ryan.
A "forward with good size"... check... but that he "doesn't play as big as his size"... if that means you want him to hurt guys, no, he doesn't do that. He doesn't initiate aggressive physical contact much at all. Which is why people make the comparison to the latter day (non-Habs) John LeClair. But he certainly plays as big as his size (even bigger IMO) in terms of holding off defensemen, running interference down low, and being a beast to contain or move from the net. He plays very big for his size in that sense.

But he doesn't initiate or instigate the way the classic PFs like Tocchet, Nolan, Tkachuk, etc do. Or pursue the rough stuff after the whistles, etc. Nash isn't as much for that stuff as those guys either, but IMHO he's slightly more proactive than Ryan. Ryan works better and protects better down low, carries the puck in traffic better than Nash, but he doesn't put himself into openings as well.

Closed Thread