HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3-0 Win Baby Win

Closed Thread

Old
11-29-2013, 12:59 PM
LTIR

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by worraps View Post
So?

There's about as much evidence supporting goaltenders playing worse on the second night of a back to back as there is of the hot hand. Namely none.

If these guys aren't playing 24 hours before a game, they are practicing. The notion that they need extended periods of rest between starts has no basis in reality.
NSH goalie played back to back. Got a SO the first game but didnt look too great last night. There might not be much evidence but we see a lot of such cases.

Dubnyk pitched a SO against CBJ the last time we met which wasnt too long ago.

O well.. If Bryz repeats what he showed last night I dont see Dubnyk playing for a while.

Old
11-29-2013, 01:00 PM
EberleHills90210

vCash: 500
woops

Last edited by EberleHills90210: 11-29-2013 at 01:01 PM. Reason: wrong thread
Old
11-29-2013, 01:00 PM
Diamondillium
DO YOU WANT ANTS!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilfan2 View Post
I, for one have no problem paying it but I'm not going through the hassle of signing up for PayPal... They make it more simple to pay, no problem.
I have never signed up for a paypal account yet I have sponsorship. I'm pretty sure there's an option somewhere there to just pay with credit card without signing up, even if it's through paypal's payment options.

Old
11-29-2013, 01:02 PM
Worraps
McWonderful McSummer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Coleman View Post
"But the difference between performance in back-to-back appearances and even one day off is not only noticeable, it's staggering. In 95 appearances this year on the tail end of consecutive appearances, goalies are only stopping 89.2% of shots. In all other situations combined, that number is 91.2%. That's a 2% drop, which is huge, and while the sample isn't that big here, (a) I think this (goalies don't do well when asked to play on consecutive days) is relatively sensical, and (b) the difference is large enough that we can probably assume this isn't just noise."

People who use this type of language to explain their statistical inferences aren't worth citing.

Old
11-29-2013, 01:03 PM
LTIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by EberleHills90210 View Post
woops
The employees have stopped watching NHL after the whole contract renewal

Old
11-29-2013, 01:09 PM
Moose Coleman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by worraps View Post
"But the difference between performance in back-to-back appearances and even one day off is not only noticeable, it's staggering. In 95 appearances this year on the tail end of consecutive appearances, goalies are only stopping 89.2% of shots. In all other situations combined, that number is 91.2%. That's a 2% drop, which is huge, and while the sample isn't that big here, (a) I think this (goalies don't do well when asked to play on consecutive days) is relatively sensical, and (b) the difference is large enough that we can probably assume this isn't just noise."

People who use this type of language to explain their statistical inferences aren't worth citing.
Whatever.

Closed Thread