HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

3-0 Win Baby Win

Closed Thread

Old
11-28-2013, 11:01 PM
KarmaPolice
Antics

vCash: 8069
Send a message via MSN to KarmaPolice
I hope Bryz plays tomorrow. The team needs to get back on a win streak, and I just don't trust Dubnyk. He seems to struggle when you need him the most, and if this team wants to have ANY chance of getting back into it, we can't take chances on games against teams like Columbus.

Old
11-28-2013, 11:01 PM
GreatKeith
Super Smashed Oilers

vCash: 217
Quote:
Originally Posted by okgooil View Post
Well he was questionable for the game with a injury. might explain a bit. Also been moved of the first pp unit.
Plus they gotta play again tomorrow.

Old
11-28-2013, 11:02 PM
Mav3rick07
Hall-McDavid-Eberle

vCash: 500
So my title basically scored tonight, in a 3-0 win. Love it

Bryzgalov is a good goalie. We know that much.

Old
11-28-2013, 11:02 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Thank god the 5 forward PP is over and done with.

Old
11-28-2013, 11:03 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPolice View Post
I hope Bryz plays tomorrow. The team needs to get back on a win streak, and I just don't trust Dubnyk. He seems to struggle when you need him the most, and if this team wants to have ANY chance of getting back into it, we can't take chances on games against teams like Columbus.
Yeah, agree. Its not like the last time Dubnyk played Columbus he shut them out or anything.

Old
11-28-2013, 11:04 PM
KarmaPolice
Antics

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViD View Post
why did Yakupov play 12 mins only?
It was a close checking game, and that is not a strong part of his game. That's my best guess on the coach's limited usage of him.

Old
11-28-2013, 11:04 PM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Thank god the 5 forward PP is over and done with.
Who knows why we need that anyway when Belov and Schultz have two of the best shots on the team.

What strange thoughts rattle around in Eakins brain.

Old
11-28-2013, 11:05 PM
KarmaPolice
Antics

Quote:
Yeah, agree. Its not like the last time Dubnyk played Columbus he shut them out or anything.
Yes, back when there was absolutely no pressure. Just the way he likes it. Like I said, if we're to have any shot, we need to win tomorrow. I don't trust him in games of importance.

Old
11-28-2013, 11:08 PM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

Quote:
That was the most hopeless effort out of Columbus I'd seen in sometime. They would've been hearing about it I imagine. Hard to conceive they would come out that flat again but man we just own the Blue Jackets.

Old
11-28-2013, 11:08 PM
Asher

I didn't see tonight's pre-game show but in the SN highlights they showed a clip of the country music serenade to Bryz. My god, Gene, my god. 12 years of this to come...

Old
11-28-2013, 11:10 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replacement View Post
That was the most hopeless effort out of Columbus I'd seen in sometime. They would've been hearing about it I imagine. Hard to conceive they would come out that flat again but man we just own the Blue Jackets.
Yeah, and Columbus will probably be out for blood tomorrow after being owned 7-0 the last time these teams played, but I remember a game last season where they played in Cbus and Dubnyk stole a game for the team they had no business winning

Old
11-28-2013, 11:13 PM
s7ark
McDavid!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Yeah, and Columbus will probably be out for blood tomorrow after being owned 7-0 the last time these teams played, but I remember a game last season where they played in Cbus and Dubnyk stole a game for the team they had no business winning
Yup, I know Dubnyk shut them out last time but Bryz was such a calming influence back there. The team really needed that. Give Bryz a few in a row and let Dubnyk get hungry to prove himself.

Old
11-28-2013, 11:15 PM
KarmaPolice
Antics

Quote:
Oh yeah, that's right. I think he had to make a whole 14 stops.
CBus looked God awful that game. "Redlight" Racicot would've got the shutout in that one.

Old
11-28-2013, 11:18 PM
Lay Z Boy GM

I bet Hall and Eberle are Weber fans. They always turn it up against Nashville. Hopefully Weber is impressed, because we'd all love to have that monster play for us some day.

Congrats to Bryzgalov on the shutout. I knew he'd be good.

Old
11-28-2013, 11:19 PM
Up the Irons

vCash: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoesoftheEighties View Post
4 out of the last 5 with the only loss being against Chicago is pretty good
and 2 shutouts in the last 4.

is it safe to get excited?... no. not yet.

Old
11-28-2013, 11:23 PM
Up the Irons

vCash: 408
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoff View Post
Only so much a gm can do when they have to operate near the cap floor every year.
yeah, they (the owners) are not concerned with winning. they want to be good enough to sell tickets to keep afloat or make a few bucks.

Old
11-28-2013, 11:24 PM
Ol' Jase
PLAYOFFS??

Quote:
We won this game because Bryz stood on his head against a club that has a lot of trouble scoring and that looks hopeless in offensive end anytime I see them. If theres a less talented team in the league than Nashville I haven't seen it. This is an AHL lineup if one takes Weber off it. Preds are horrible and will finish well out of playoffs once again. Oilers never seem to have much trouble against Preds. I have no idea how anybody loses to this club. What an awful lineup.
Lol. Right on cue.

We play like we did tonight consistently, we start winning more than we lose.

Old
11-28-2013, 11:26 PM
NAF
Beauty Fakes

vCash: 590
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaPolice View Post
It was a close checking game, and that is not a strong part of his game. That's my best guess on the coach's limited usage of him.
Also, the fourth line had some actual hockey players on it, so they deserved some minutes.

Old
11-28-2013, 11:28 PM
vickpeterson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViD View Post
why did Yakupov play 12 mins only?
Fourth line played great, 11 minutes in total. Plus B2B.

Hall, who usually plays 20+ minutes, only played 17. Much more even minutes tonight.

Old
11-28-2013, 11:29 PM
KarmaPolice
Antics

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7ark View Post
He absolutely did. His signings directly led to a 30-30-29 team.

I am really hoping MacT does better. So far the Ference, Belov, Gordon and Perron additions have been solid. And no one wins them all, so I'll give him a pass on Grebs. It's ok making a Cam Barker-esque swing for the fence on a long shot top 4 puck mover, so long as you have a plan B if/when they fail and can't even play top 6.

But right, back to the game.

I was very impressed with the win tonight. One of the best tight games I have seen this team play in a while. I hope they have a similarly strong game tomorrow.
The one good thing all MacT moves have in common so far is the character of the players. Even if he struck out on Labarbs (and he should've known better), he's a player who's always been well liked by his team-mates and known for his good character. Again with Ference, a player of excellent character. Same with Perron, Belov--even Grebs. He got rid of a couple of sour grapes in Belanger and Horcoff (who was past his 'best before' date here), and brought in players who would be positive influences and well liked, if nothing else. That's gotta count for something. He still has work to do, but I think he's on the right path.

Bryz could be seen as another. Sure, he's a bit of an oddball, but he's well liked and certainly anything near being a locker-room cancer. If he can continue his good play, he's going to be liked by a lot more people than just his team-mates.

Old
11-28-2013, 11:31 PM
NAF
Beauty Fakes

vCash: 590
I'm a big supporter of Dubnyk, but Bryz is obviously a better goalie (and I'm not just saying that because of one shut-out -- it's been my opinion for years. I've always liked Bryz). Great signing. I only wish we'd gotten him in the off season, as many on this board wanted. For me, it's Bryz as 1A and Dubnyk as 1B. Let them both play until they lose, then start the next guy. If Bryz wants the net tomorrow night, I'm all for letting him have it.

Old
11-28-2013, 11:34 PM
40oz

Someone needs to edit Bryz into this

Old
11-28-2013, 11:34 PM
JoeCool16

Bryz isn't an old man, he's in his fairly early 30s and won't be burnt out at all for tomorrow. I really think you go back with him and get some competition going between him and Dubs. I agree, just like when we got Bryz and Dubnyk went on a hot streak, you've got to play the goalie while he's hot, keep rewarding him and not change things up. Bryz just got his first win in forever. Let him play again tomorrow.

Old
11-28-2013, 11:35 PM
phaedrusDH

I also see Perron, Belov and Ference as much better competitors than the guys removed from the team by MacT. He's starting to change the culture of the team. Eakins is a part of that.

Old
11-28-2013, 11:36 PM
phaedrusDH

I think they play Bryz tomorrow as a reward for his strong play. If they want to have a chance of resigning him, they should play him. Sorry Dubnyk, but you know how it goes...

Closed Thread