HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers @ Bruins

Old
11-29-2013, 04:33 PM
Blueshirt Special

vCash: 500
Can't expect to beat the better teams with that kind of effort.

I'm still not sure how good/bad we really are.

It just seems like if we played a good solid 60 minutes today we could have won that game. Or is it that we really can't do anything against opponents above .500 because they adjust and have our number?

frustrating to watch though, that part is for sure.

"I just close my eyes and shoot."
Blueshirt Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 04:34 PM
Raymones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Can we just put McDonagh and Stralman together and give them like 52 minutes of ice time?
Yeah, it's like Staal and Girardi don't know what to do with the puck when not allowed to just smash it around the boards. That giveaway by Staal is just hard to grasp. I'm glad AV (maybe Ulfie?) awards Stralman with a lot of ES time (he's certainly deserved it) he makes a lot of small, smart plays. I can't for the love of anything understand why Girardi is on the PP.

I think Falk and Moore did ok today. Among forwards there just were to many no-shows. Where was Stepan, Callahan, Hagelin, Richards? I actually think Pyatt was amongst the team's best. Nash seems to be on, that's one positive to take from this game.

Raymones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 04:34 PM
SnowblindNYR

This game is the Rangers' season in a nutshell. Lose by a goal that Girardi scores for the other team and a softy by Lundqvist. Seriously, I really pray to God that Lundqvist is traded for good young assets and a backup. You can't start every ****ing game down 1-0. A few great saves don't make up for it when you're supposed to be the best in the world. I'm sorry it doesn't. If Zuccarello gave away the puck for a goal like he did agains the Panthers every game, no matter that he's one of our best point producers, he would get destroyed on this board. These softies are every bit as bad as that giveaway. Lundqvist meanwhile has a hoard of defenders. All the guy has to do it make a few good saves and then no one is allowed to criticize him for the daily softies.

SnowblindNYR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 04:36 PM
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
W/r/t Eli, it's been longer than that Last season, remember?

But regardless, that team ****ing sucked during that period. We both agree there. The only issue is we should have gotten a point out of it. Lundqvist has to stop that shot, man. He's making far too much money to not block an unscreened shot from the point late in a tied game.
Last season, Cruz was second in the league with dropped passes and Nicks was..well, unreliable. He can't play for **** when hurt.

Add in last season and this season, I have no problems and reserves if the Giants move away from Nicks.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KasparsHipCheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
Also, can we call up McIlrath? He can't be worse than Faulk or DZ, can he?
That's a better idea, sit down Stralman and go with Falk/McIlrath, not paired together obviously. I don't know why McIlrath hasn't gotten a look.

KasparsHipCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Lerb
Le Lerb

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
This game is the Rangers' season in a nutshell. Lose by a goal that Girardi scores for the other team and a softy by Lundqvist. Seriously, I really pray to God that Lundqvist is traded for good young assets and a backup. You can't start every ****ing game down 1-0. A few great saves don't make up for it when you're supposed to be the best in the world. I'm sorry it doesn't. If Zuccarello gave away the puck for a goal like he did agains the Panthers every game, no matter that he's one of our best point producers, he would get destroyed on this board. These softies are every bit as bad as that giveaway. Lundqvist meanwhile has a hoard of defenders. All the guy has to do it make a few good saves and then no one is allowed to criticize him for the daily softies.
3 posts away from 10,000 of hate! We're all standing by SB.

Lerb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 04:37 PM
Idlerlee

vCash: 145
Win a game: Good effort, lucky bounces
Lose a game: Team has no talent, is a bad team, loses to a better team, trade everyone, no depth, everyone sucks, only <posters fav player> had a good game, rest need to improve, no skill, cant finish.

\o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ Completely reasonable

Idlerlee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 04:38 PM
Hunter Gathers
Whiskey breath

Send a message via AIM to Hunter Gathers
Quote:
Last season, Cruz was second in the league with dropped passes and Nicks was..well, unreliable. He can't play for **** when hurt.

Add in last season and this season, I have no problems and reserves if the Giants move away from Nicks.
The problem with the Nicks thing is they should have ****ing traded him for a 3rd and 4th. I'm furious at Jerry for not moving him. And then BENCHING him against the Cowboys? Oh boy.

Hunter Gathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Pastafazul*

i am so happy i did not see 2nd and 3rd periods, first was impressive, well at least nash, and mcdonah's shot was......

Pastafazul* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
SnowblindNYR

Oh yeah. What do AV and Torts see in Girardi to put them on the PP? AV put the guy out there in the final minutes. Why? He has limited offensive skills and no offensive instincts. The guy is awful offensively. Stralman and Moore are far better options. I'd even say Staal.

Old
Lerb
Le Lerb

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasparsHipCheck View Post
That's a better idea, sit down Stralman and go with Falk/McIlrath, not paired together obviously. I don't know why McIlrath hasn't gotten a look.
Sit Stralman? He's been our best Swede this season

Old
11-29-2013, 04:39 PM
Hunter Gathers
Whiskey breath

Quote:
Oh yeah. What do AV and Torts see in Girardi to put them on the PP?
You got me, man.

Old
11-29-2013, 04:40 PM
Ragnarok14

Quote:
Also, can we call up McIlrath? He can't be worse than Faulk or DZ, can he?
I hear that. On a roster with about as much snarl as a snail you'd think we should give him a shot. This year isn't going anywhere ... With all the ? Marks we have and an inevitable overhaul incoming with a bunch of guys hitting FA, it seems like it would be prudent to see if the guy can hang.

Ragnarok14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 04:40 PM
Lerb
Le Lerb

Quote:
Oh yeah. What do AV and Torts see in Girardi to put them on the PP? AV put the guy out there in the final minutes. Why? He has limited offensive skills and no offensive instincts. The guy is awful offensively. Stralman and Moore are far better options. I'd even say Staal.
Has Girardi skated pass the pointed this season yet?

Old
11-29-2013, 04:41 PM
SnowblindNYR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresto View Post
3 posts away from 10,000 of hate! We're all standing by SB.
I gave him credit when he was amazing against Dallas. I gave him credit when he was great against LA. 2 games he looked elite. Every other game AT BEST he was solid. More often than not below average or just bad. This can't go on. Bad goaltending has even derailed by most offensively gifted team in the league in the Pens. It's a wonder this team is 13-13 with this BAD goaltending practically every game. You can't have free goals every game to the other team, especially since Girardi scores once for the other team like clockwork. 2 goals I'd love off the team next year. Girardi and Lundqvist. Then make changes on offense.

Old
11-29-2013, 04:42 PM
KasparsHipCheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresto View Post
Sit Stralman? He's been our best Swede this season
Sorry, but that's the problem. I guess I'm kind of thinking like Don Cherry. Take the Swede out, because he's not that physical, sorry. I'm just ticked at Stralman for his goal on Hank this week. It was terrible. You can take out anyone but McD in my opinion. The D does not play physical which is pitiful.

Old
11-29-2013, 04:44 PM
Lerb
Le Lerb

Quote:
I gave him credit when he was amazing against Dallas. I gave him credit when he was great against LA. 2 games he looked elite. Every other game AT BEST he was solid. More often than not below average or just bad. This can't go on. Bad goaltending has even derailed by most offensively gifted team in the league in the Pens. It's a wonder this team is 13-13 with this BAD goaltending practically every game. You can't have free goals every game to the other team, especially since Girardi scores once for the other team like clockwork. 2 goals I'd love off the team next year. Girardi and Lundqvist. Then make changes on offense.
I'm not criticizing you. You're like the storm that comes regularly that people expect and react to accordingly with a level head, for the most part. When the power goes out, it gives people time to catch up on scrap booking and their favorite novel.

Old
11-29-2013, 04:45 PM
Ragnarok14

Quote:
Stralman? Dude he's been great. Sit Staalclops.

Ragnarok14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 04:46 PM
Raspewtin
Free Kat Dennings

vCash: 50
Quote:
What? Stralman has been great.

Sit Staal down.

Raspewtin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
Raymones

Quote:
PP TOI this game:

Girardi 5:06
Richards 4:23
McD 4:22
Callahan 4:11
Nash 3:15

I mean, WTF??

Raymones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hunter Gathers
Whiskey breath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
What? Stralman has been great.

Sit Staal down.
Nah. Sit Girardi.

Old
SnowblindNYR

I'd honestly love a semi-rebuild. Trade 2 guys on the decline in Lundqvist and Girardi. Get at least a #2 center at some point. Dump Richards next year. Fill some holes offensively and defensively. This team is not that far off, but they as a whole not just the 2 guys I singled out are nowhere near cup contenders. They do have some good pieces though, so it won't be a full rebuild.

Old
11-29-2013, 04:47 PM
Hunter Gathers
Whiskey breath

Quote:
I'd honestly love a semi-rebuild. Trade 2 guys on the decline in Lundqvist and Girardi. Get at least a #2 center at some point. Dump Richards next year. Fill some holes offensively and defensively. This team is not that far off, but they as a whole not just the 2 guys I singled out are nowhere near cup contenders. They do have some good pieces though, so it won't be a full rebuild.
I'm fine with this as long as we can replace Lundqvist with a solid goalie at a lower cost and spend the money on actual scoring forwards. This team should be trying to build like Chicago.

Old
11-29-2013, 04:47 PM
Raspewtin
Free Kat Dennings

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Nah. Sit Girardi.
Even better!

Raspewtin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 04:49 PM
KasparsHipCheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarok14 View Post
Stralman? Dude he's been great. Sit Staalclops.
I just want someone on D...anyone...who will hit someone, clear the net when a dude like Lucic is in front, or get things stirred up. The puts me to sleep, they play such a boring game. McD's the one bright spot. They need one guy on D that can lay a guy out with a big hit like PK Subban...He hits someone and suddenly his team wakes up...it's like smelling salts. for the sleeping beauties.