HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers @ Bruins

Old
11-29-2013, 03:14 PM
Championship*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ck20 View Post
Beat LA, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Nashville, Montreal this season. Try again.

Either way, too much complacency up and down the ranks. This collective group doesn't work well together for more than a game or two no matter how you cut it. They're solid enough to be a .500 team. Between the MDZ fiasco, Lundqvist's contract, and leaders only really deciding to do something 1 game out of 5, it's just not a good recipe.
We also lost to LA. Pittsburgh has been a shell of their former selves. Detroit and Nashville are nothing to crow about either. Montreal?

Even if you want to crow about those victories, there are so many more times when they've lost to better teams, nor can they beat good teams consistently.

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Ail
Now we wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raspewtin View Post
At least they know.
B effort? It was a B effort in the first, after that it was an F minus.

Ail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hunter Gathers
No one deserves . .

Send a message via AIM to Hunter Gathers
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
Problem with your theory is you gloss over the guy taking the shot, and even then, the other guy responsible in letting that guy be in the position to take said shot.

And I've been saying the same thing. Dumb offensive plays with 0 shots taken and making idiotic passes that only burn us in the end. It's hard for me to pin the L on one person when it's a collective effort..or none whatsoever.

19 shots through 3 periods. That's what we had with Torts and there is absolutely 0 reasons for this team to be playing like that with AV.
It doesn't matter who was taking the shot. Even if he was shooting it from the grassy knoll it would still have been unscreened and Hank had a direct line of sight. The D actually made SURE of it and cleared the front.

You keep on bringing up things that don't matter about the 3rd goal in order to try and distract.

Hunter Gathers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Machinehead
I Bring The Weather

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
What's killing me is the team is better than it was last year. Or, it should be.

Zucc from the start.
A better Richards.
A Kreider who's arrived.
Staal
Dom Moore is an effective 4th liner
Cally and Hags don't each have a single shoulder
A far superior back up

There is ZERO excuse for a team to be underperforming so terribly.
Unfortunately the bolded have been surprisingly gigantic negatives.

Ben Hutton is my Spirit Animal. Jeff Gorton is not.
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
KasparsHipCheck

Quote:
Originally Posted by corduroyg View Post
remember when lundqvist used to dominate the bruins?
He had too. We've never been able to match up physically against the B's. We always get smoked on faceoffs, which creates big big big advantages for Boston. Face-off wins are critical. #1. must win draw in order to have a chance of beating Boston. #2. must step up/man up and play a physical game. I liked Boyle's tussle with Chara. It shows grit and getting Chara off the ice for 5 minutes could have been huge if the Rangers could actually score more frequently than every other game or so.

KasparsHipCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 03:15 PM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

Quote:
Problem with your theory is you gloss over the guy taking the shot, and even then, the other guy responsible in letting that guy be in the position to take said shot.
It doesn't matter who is taking a shot. You're missing the point.

You're an NHL LEVEL goaltender, you should be able to stop an unobstructed slapshot from the top of the faceoff circles that's shot right into you. You're PAID a handsome amount of money to do that.

It wasn't a Zdeno Chara slapshot that was drilled top-left corner or off the post and in, it was shot right into him.

The Amity Affliction is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 03:15 PM
zuckera1

I like AV, but he didn't coach well today.

Girardi on the PP needs to stop.

4:30 to go in the game, Richards/Nash line draws the penalty. Rather than calling a timeout, drawing up a play, and putting the top unit back out there, he puts the 2nd unit out with Brassard, Zucc, Moore etc. and the guys couldn't even get it deep in the zone. That's the time of the game when the big guns (NASH) need to be on the ice.

zuckera1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 03:16 PM
Fire AV
#FreeMcIlrath

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
Toews: 75gp 20g 44a 64p, 2010 Conn Smythe winner, 2 time Stanley Cup winner.
Crosby: 82gp 40g 65a 105p, Stanley Cup.
Ovechkin: 58gp 31g 30a 61p

These numbers I've posted from Callahan, Toews, Crosby and Ovechkin are PLAYOFF STATS.

Callahan's playoff numbers are PUTRID.

So let me ask the question, what's "funny" about "how captains lead the way?"
Why on earth would you compare Callahan to ****ing top-5 players in the league?!?!!?!?

Here's a test tha actually compares their performance IN COMPARISON to their regular season:

Callahan's regular season ppg is 0.56 . His playoffs ppg is 0.41 . That's a drop of 0.15 .
Toews' regular season ppg is 0.91 . His playoffs ppg is 0.85 . That's a drop of 0.06 .
Crosby's regular season ppg is 1.41 . His playoffs ppg is 1.28 . That's a drop of 0.13 .
Ovechkin's regular season ppg is 1.22 . His playoffs ppg is 1.05 . That's a drop of 0.17 .

His performance drop is exactly the same as Crosby and Ovechkin

Fire AV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
It doesn't matter who was taking the shot. Even if he was shooting it from the grassy knoll it would still have been unscreened and Hank had a direct line of sight. The D actually made SURE of it and cleared the front.

You keep on bringing up things that don't matter about the 3rd goal in order to try and distract.
Says the guy omitting the whole thing that allowed that all to come into play.

Anybody else takes that shot and I'd be severely pissed at Lundy. Since it was Chara, not so much.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
RockedNash318
Mutant Ninja Zuccs

Richards needs to get his head out of his ass. I'd say at least 65% of his passes were directly to a Bruin's stick. And it's not even like the Bruins made good plays to intercept the puck most of the time..they would just be standing there, look down, see the puck on their stick, and thank Richards for the easy breakout that followed.

That is simply unacceptable from what we're putting on the ice as our first line center.

Don't get me wrong though..the whole team sucked this afternoon, and on National TV at that.

P.S. Callahan's been a disappointment this season.

RockedNash318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hunter Gathers
No one deserves . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersHank View Post
Shut up dude. We did suck, didnt we? This 13-13 team has a sucky record. If the Devils were 13-13 you would say they suck right? This team needs alot of work.

Call me out? Who are you dude? Get a life
Woosh.

You said the team sucks. They don't suck. They are 2nd in their division and are the very definition of mediocre. Again, you weren't around watching during the dark ages. Don't sit here and claim that the team sucks when you haven't seen "suck" from the Rangers before.

And I will continue to call anyone out who tries to change their story on their posts. You notice that no one else here does it, correct? Because others on this board would pick up on it and call them out. We have a nice board because of the self-policing. You'd do wonders for yourself to not try and play that game.

Old
11-29-2013, 03:17 PM
RangersHank*

Quote:

Anybody else takes that shot and I'd be severely pissed at Lundy. Since it was Chara, not so much.

Dont waste your time dude

RangersHank* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuckera1 View Post

4:30 to go in the game, Richards/Nash line draws the penalty. Rather than calling a timeout, drawing up a play, and putting the top unit back out there, he puts the 2nd unit out with Brassard, Zucc, Moore etc. and the guys couldn't even get it deep in the zone. That's the time of the game when the big guns (NASH) need to be on the ice.
Agreed on both points, great post.

I don't even think he used his timeout.

Old
Pastafazul*

HANK is done! PERIOD

Pastafazul* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Graves94

We're a .500 team, let's face it!
If our goalie doesn't stand on his head almost every game, we won't win. Imagine when Hank let's in almost 1 bad goal a game!!
The problem is the offense on this team, it has always been the offense. Our bottom 6 NEVER chip in with a goal, and our top 6 are too small and weak, when we play against bigger teams like the Bruins or teams in the west.

Graves94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!

Quote:
It doesn't matter who is taking a shot. You're missing the point.

You're an NHL LEVEL goaltender, you should be able to stop an unobstructed slapshot from the top of the faceoff circles that's shot right into you. You're PAID a handsome amount of money to do that.

It wasn't a Zdeno Chara slapshot that was drilled top-left corner or off the post and in, it was shot right into him.
Where's the criticism to our other NHL caliber player, Staal? No dumb pass, this all becomes a moot point.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 03:18 PM
Machinehead
I Bring The Weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck20 View Post
Nashville was in the middle of a hot streak that the Rangers snapped. They won 5 games around the shutout vs. the Rangers. Detroit is always a huge threat and I'd gladly take their awful 12-7-7 record and 31 points over our mediocre 13-13 record with 26 points.
I'll give you that Nashville was hot.

Detroit in reality is a 12-14 hockey team but because of the ******** system the NHL uses, their 14 losses are better than our 13 losses. They're certainly not a huge threat this year. They're gonna get basted in the playoffs once their losses stop counting for points.

Old
smoneil

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWOW View Post
I'll fully admit at how shocked I am at how badly Girardi, Staal and MDZ regressed. same happened to Dubinsky

Rangers front office needs to make serious strategic decisions. The rebuild with youth hasn't worked.

what happened? Is it the money they got while living in a city like New York? None of the young hawks seem to have any issues with effort and decision making while playing in a massive city with plenty of distractions. Same with the Kings.

All I do know is the schedule gets easier. These scrubs just don't know how to be consistent.

I don't think any of those players just magically regressed, though. Girardi thrived in a very particular kind of system. AV's system is one where he has to really push himself just to keep up. It benefits faster, skilled defenders, and neither of those things are what made Girardi successful. Staal's injury issues are well-documented, and he may never be able to be the same player. As for Dubinsky and MDZ--I stand by the position that neither player was being put in a position to succeed here. MDZ had two seasons of outstanding play as a 2nd pairing LD. The "regression" of the last two seasons happens to coincide with the attempt to move him to the right side. Dubinsky--a playmaking center--was expected to become a goalscoring winger. Not a shock that he didn't become that. He leaves for Columbus, gets put back at center, and look at that, he's doing just fine.

The problem with this team isn't the youth movement and regression. It's a combination of bad luck (injuries) and the odd desire to try to force square pegs into round holes.

smoneil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Hunter Gathers
No one deserves . .

Quote:

I don't care what happened before the goal. You keep pretending that this was a bang-bang play. There was a crappy turnover. I already said that before (you must have glossed over it). However, that doesn't excuse Lundqvist from being beaten on a point shot that was unscreened and took a while to develop. Lundqvist had all day to decide what to do on that shot and missed it.

Stop pretending that it was anything but an atrocious goal.

Old
SA16
Sixstring

Quote:
Originally Posted by nils2317 View Post
Why on earth would you compare Callahan to ****ing top-5 players in the league?!?!!?!?

Here's a test tha actually compares their performance IN COMPARISON to their regular season:

Callahan's regular season ppg is 0.56 . His playoffs ppg is 0.41 . That's a drop of 0.15 .
Toews' regular season ppg is 0.91 . His playoffs ppg is 0.85 . That's a drop of 0.06 .
Crosby's regular season ppg is 1.41 . His playoffs ppg is 1.28 . That's a drop of 0.13 .
Ovechkin's regular season ppg is 1.22 . His playoffs ppg is 1.05 . That's a drop of 0.17 .

Ignoring sample size concerns that make these numbers not that meaningful (all of them including the ones above of course) it would be more accurate to say:
Callahan's drop is 27%
Toew's drop is 7%
Crosby's drop is 9%
Ovechkin's drop is 14%

SA16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Overcast

vCash: 1740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
We also lost to LA. Pittsburgh has been a shell of their former selves. Detroit and Nashville are nothing to crow about either. Montreal?

Even if you want to crow about those victories, there are so many more times when they've lost to better teams, nor can they beat good teams consistently.
Yea, we lost to LA..as well as beating them. lmfao Pitt is leading the division by a mile and is 3rd in the East, that sounds like a real bad spot to be in. ?.? Already explained Detroit/Nashville. I don't see how people can already brush off that Montreal win like it was nothing. Cam friggin' Talbot, that is all.

Crow on the losses, but ignore the monstrous victories the Rangers have earned this season. Oh well.

I'm not saying the Rangers are about to compete for anything other than a possible playoff spot nor am I saying they give 60-minute efforts nightly, but people act like the Rangers are winless this season.

Last edited by Overcast: 11-29-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Overcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 03:19 PM
Machinehead
I Bring The Weather

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuckera1 View Post

Quote:
Agreed on both points, great post.

I don't even think he used his timeout.
Agreed, AV was awful today.

Old
RangersHank*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Woosh.

You said the team sucks. They don't suck. They are 2nd in their division and are the very definition of mediocre. Again, you weren't around watching during the dark ages. Don't sit here and claim that the team sucks when you haven't seen "suck" from the Rangers before.

And I will continue to call anyone out who tries to change their story on their posts. You notice that no one else here does it, correct? Because others on this board would pick up on it and call them out. We have a nice board because of the self-policing. You'd do wonders for yourself to not try and play that game.

This team sucks as is, how do you like that? Talent level isnt where it needs to be. Dont like it? Good, nobody cares if you do or dont.

And i'll do what i want also, youre nothing here. Go blame Hank and complain about the refs.

RangersHank* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nils2317 View Post

Callahan's regular season ppg is 0.56 . His playoffs ppg is 0.41. That's a drop of 0.15 .

Let's play a little game. It's called "Which one of these is not like the others?"

Old
Hunter Gathers
No one deserves . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersHank View Post
Dont waste your time dude

ImIdaho and I disagree all the time yet he doesn't try and change what he writes or move the goalposts in order to get his way. He's a solid poster even if we don't see eye-to-eye. Big difference.