HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers @ Bruins

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
11-29-2013, 03:20 PM
  #201
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!
 
ImIdaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
I don't care what happened before the goal. You keep pretending that this was a bang-bang play. There was a crappy turnover. I already said that before (you must have glossed over it). However, that doesn't excuse Lundqvist from being beaten on a point shot that was unscreened and took a while to develop. Lundqvist had all day to decide what to do on that shot and missed it.

Stop pretending that it was anything but an atrocious goal.
Who the **** cares if it was screened or not?! Don't make it sound like Chara let off a limp wrister.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 03:20 PM
  #202
trilobyte
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Alberta
Posts: 11,020
vCash: 500
This team cannot afford to play stupidly, carelessly. They cannot afford to forget a core facet of the game, whether it be hitting, puck support, taking the safer route when trying to exit the zone, using the neutral ice tmore to their advantage, and on. They can't carry off the kind of passes that Towes, Kane and Sharp pull off but for some reason they keep trying this crazy stuff even when not overly pressured. It is a head scratcher.

trilobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 03:21 PM
  #203
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NoVA / NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 67,188
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangersHank View Post
This team sucks as is, how do you like that? Talent level isnt where it needs to be. Dont like it? Good, nobody cares if you do or dont.

And i'll do what i want also, youre nothing here. Go blame Hank and complain about the refs.


Well, it's obvious you weren't around when the Kamenskys and Pilons were running this team into the ground. You should do some homework on what "suck" actually is. Anyone who thinks this team "sucks" is just spewing hyperbole after a loss.

You should try and be objective. It is a good trait.

__________________
"Of course giving Sather cap space is like giving teenagers whiskey and car keys." - SBOB
"Watching Sather build a team is like watching a blind man with no fingers trying to put together an elaborate puzzle." - Shadowtron
Sestito still on the make a wish tour. - rholt168
"Okay, Joel. You've had your fun. Give your brother his pads back." - Trxjw
Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 03:21 PM
  #204
KasparsHipCheck
Registered User
 
KasparsHipCheck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: upstate ny
Country: United States
Posts: 864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graves94 View Post
when we play against bigger teams like the Bruins or teams in the west.
This is not a new problem, the B's have played this way for years. Why is that the Rangers never make adjustments to the line up to match up.

KasparsHipCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 03:22 PM
  #205
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NoVA / NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 67,188
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
Who the **** cares if it was screened or not?! Don't make it sound like Chara let off a limp wrister.
Never said it was. But it was a chest-level shot that should have been saved. I don't think anyone objective could say otherwise. We had debates before w/r/t Eli Manning, too. You don't seem to like blaming QBs or goalies for much when I think that they can certainly be blamed for quite a bit of things.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 03:22 PM
  #206
Kreider
My name is Nils
 
Kreider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 15,275
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA16 View Post
Ignoring sample size concerns that make these numbers not that meaningful (all of them including the ones above of course) it would be more accurate to say:
Callahan's drop is 27%
Toew's drop is 7%
Crosby's drop is 9%
Ovechkin's drop is 14%
That is true.

Although, Callahan has really only played 32 playoff games in his current role.

In those games he has 15 points.

Below what you'd want, but a tiny sample size.

__________________
Kreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 03:23 PM
  #207
Callagraves
Block shots
 
Callagraves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 6,123
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SA16 View Post
Ignoring sample size concerns that make these numbers not that meaningful (all of them including the ones above of course) it would be more accurate to say:
Callahan's drop is 27%
Toew's drop is 7%
Crosby's drop is 9%
Ovechkin's drop is 14%
Which is something we really shouldn't do.

Even more, we need to be reminded that those other 3 are possibly the best 3 forwards in the league.

Callahan shouldn't even be the 3rd best forward on a team. He's a career second liner, which is a great accomplishment to begin with.

He wasn't given a C for his point production, it was for his effort. I'm ok with not seeing one, i'm disturbed when i'm not seeing either.

Callagraves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 03:23 PM
  #208
Kreider
My name is Nils
 
Kreider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 15,275
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Lundqvist View Post
Let's play a little game. It's called "Which one of these is not like the others?"
Are you actually complaining about the fact that Ryan Callahan is not a top 5 player in the world?


Kreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 03:24 PM
  #209
Machinehead
Richards Supporter
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 31,362
vCash: 500
Can we just put McDonagh and Stralman together and give them like 52 minutes of ice time?

__________________
Machinehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 03:24 PM
  #210
Loffen
Legend
 
Loffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Soft euro
Posts: 16,683
vCash: 500
13-13-0


Loffen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 03:25 PM
  #211
Fitzy
Relative to what?
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,167
vCash: 50
McDonagh struggled a bit today, especially in the third period. He looked much slower than usual. I don't expect its a long term thing.

0 for 5 on the power play is the thing I take out of this one.

Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 03:25 PM
  #212
KasparsHipCheck
Registered User
 
KasparsHipCheck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: upstate ny
Country: United States
Posts: 864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Can we just put McDonagh and Stralman together and give them like 52 minutes of ice time?
Forget it everyone on D except McD is a danger.

KasparsHipCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 03:25 PM
  #213
Cresto
Much .500
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,313
vCash: 500
This team needs a real can of ass whooping. The players are under performing.

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 03:25 PM
  #214
Kreider
My name is Nils
 
Kreider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: NYC
Country: Austria
Posts: 15,275
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callagraves View Post
Which is something we really shouldn't do.

Even more, we need to be reminded that those other 3 are possibly the best 3 forwards in the league.

Callahan shouldn't even be the 3rd best forward on a team. He's a career second liner, which is a great accomplishment to begin with.

He wasn't given a C for his point production, it was for his effort. I'm ok with not seeing one, i'm disturbed when i'm not seeing either.
This I can agree with.

I haven't been happy with him this season, but to crucify him for not being a future HoF is just stupid

Kreider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 03:26 PM
  #215
Ragnarok14
Registered User
 
Ragnarok14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Deutschland
Country: Germany
Posts: 151
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KasparsHipCheck View Post
This is not a new problem, the B's have played this way for years. Why is that the Rangers never make adjustments to the line up to match up.
I mean , we kinda did? Falk was about the only one playing physical. Who are we supposed to plug in? Our roster is poorly constructed , as usual.

Ragnarok14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 03:26 PM
  #216
Callahan Auto
Rational Police
 
Callahan Auto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 1,416
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Can we just put McDonagh and Stralman together and give them like 52 minutes of ice time?
I think that should be our #1 pairing but it leaves Staal and Girardi too vulnerable. I wouldn't mind trying Moore with Stralman on the 2nd pairing though.

Callahan Auto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 03:27 PM
  #217
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NoVA / NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 67,188
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fitzy View Post
0 for 5 on the power play is the thing I take out of this one.
Hell, pick your poison. There is so much ******** one can extract this game that they couldn't possibly be wrong.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 03:27 PM
  #218
Championship*
#Joel&Ellie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,503
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ck20 View Post
Yea, we lost to LA..as well as beating them. lmfao Pitt is leading the division by a mile and is 3rd in the East, that sounds like a real bad spot to be in. ?.? Already explained Detroit/Nashville. I don't see how people can already brush off that Montreal win like it was nothing. Cam friggin' Talbot, that is all.

Crow on the losses, but ignore the monstrous victories the Rangers have earned this season. Oh well.

I'm not saying the Rangers are about to compete for anything other than a possible playoff spot nor am I saying they give 60-minute efforts nightly, but people act like the Rangers are winless this season.
Pitt is leading the worse division in the league by a mile in the east which is inferior to the West. Montreal isn't a great team.
Monstrous victories? Against who? Please. This is a mediocre team.

Championship* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 03:29 PM
  #219
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!
 
ImIdaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,565
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan. View Post
Never said it was. But it was a chest-level shot that should have been saved. I don't think anyone objective could say otherwise. We had debates before w/r/t Eli Manning, too. You don't seem to like blaming QBs or goalies for much when I think that they can certainly be blamed for quite a bit of things.
Lundqvist let in a softie last game. That goal was 101% on him. And he has let in quite a few this season and I also dragged him through the mud.

I have defended Eli..maybe once this season. He has been playing like **** for the most part. Of the receivers, only Cruz is totally exempt from my book. Myers is a downgrade from Bennett, Nicks is unreliable.

Even then, there are more gaping holes with the Giants than just Eli and the O, just like there is more problems than just Lundqvist.

At then end of the day, no one should be complaining about Lundqvist or Girardi. Everyone should just watch that 3rd period again. No killer instinct, completely flat, doing diddly-poo on their last PP, skating like imbeciles with the extra attacker.

19 SOG. There's your reason why we really lost the game.

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 03:30 PM
  #220
JHS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 79
vCash: 500
I'm glad Faulk is in the lineup. Finally someone is making other teams forwards pay some price for attacking the net!

Truthfully, team looked completely disinterested today. That's nothing new of course. It's what mediocre teams do!

Glad to see Callahan getting called out by fans here. He's not doing anything that earned him the captaincy in the first place. I'd be very curious to see what other teams would give up for him. I'd imagine it would be shockingly little. The fact that he's a highly ranked US Olympian and on the " leadership counsel" for the Olympic team tells me that people believe in him as a leader but his performance right now is down right dissapointing.

I've felt this for a while now but I think a shake up is in the works. AV has seen this group long enough and I'd imagine he and Sather are talking about the direction this team can go down. Del Zotto has to go at this point if he's not going to be played. I'd also shake up the core and say good bye to Stepan, Zucarello, Calahan, or anyone else. This group is getting us no where. I have to believe something is in the works.

JHS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 03:30 PM
  #221
Cresto
Much .500
 
Cresto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,313
vCash: 500
This oddly reminds me of game 5 last year.

Actually, not oddly. Identical ineptitude trying to score game tying goal.

Cresto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 03:32 PM
  #222
KasparsHipCheck
Registered User
 
KasparsHipCheck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: upstate ny
Country: United States
Posts: 864
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnarok14 View Post
I mean , we kinda did? Falk was about the only one playing physical. Who are we supposed to plug in? Our roster is poorly constructed , as usual.
Yeah, I guess they made the only change they could have with this roster. I think Miller would have played with some fire if he was in there. Kreider has played some games where he uses his body and is aggressive in front of the net...but this hasn't happened against teams like the B's, when we need him to play like a 6'4" and 220lb man.
A change is needed for the 4th line, Pyatt is big but doesn't check, trade him for someone who does check, or maybe replace him with Mashinter (totally in desperation mode here).

KasparsHipCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 03:32 PM
  #223
ImIdaho
Choo-Choo-Choose me!
 
ImIdaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,565
vCash: 500
Also, can we call up McIlrath? He can't be worse than Faulk or DZ, can he?

ImIdaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 03:32 PM
  #224
Pastafazul*
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHS View Post
I'm glad Faulk is in the lineup. Finally someone is making other teams forwards pay some price for attacking the net!

Truthfully, team looked completely disinterested today. That's nothing new of course. It's what mediocre teams do!

Glad to see Callahan getting called out by fans here. He's not doing anything that earned him the captaincy in the first place. I'd be very curious to see what other teams would give up for him. I'd imagine it would be shockingly little. The fact that he's a highly ranked US Olympian and on the " leadership counsel" for the Olympic team tells me that people believe in him as a leader but his performance right now is down right dissapointing.

I've felt this for a while now but I think a shake up is in the works. AV has seen this group long enough and I'd imagine he and Sather are talking about the direction this team can go down. Del Zotto has to go at this point if he's not going to be played. I'd also shake up the core and say good bye to Stepan, Zucarello, Calahan, or anyone else. This group is getting us no where. I have to believe something is in the works.

add lundy to that list and u got me! girardi staal too

Pastafazul* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
11-29-2013, 03:33 PM
  #225
Bird Law
Daisy's back.
 
Bird Law's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: NoVA / NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 67,188
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImIdaho View Post
Lundqvist let in a softie last game. That goal was 101% on him. And he has let in quite a few this season and I also dragged him through the mud.

I have defended Eli..maybe once this season. He has been playing like **** for the most part. Of the receivers, only Cruz is totally exempt from my book. Myers is a downgrade from Bennett, Nicks is unreliable.

Even then, there are more gaping holes with the Giants than just Eli and the O, just like there is more problems than just Lundqvist.

At then end of the day, no one should be complaining about Lundqvist or Girardi. Everyone should just watch that 3rd period again. No killer instinct, completely flat, doing diddly-poo on their last PP, skating like imbeciles with the extra attacker.

19 SOG. There's your reason why we really lost the game.
W/r/t Eli, it's been longer than that Last season, remember?

But regardless, that team ****ing sucked during that period. We both agree there. The only issue is we should have gotten a point out of it. Lundqvist has to stop that shot, man. He's making far too much money to not block an unscreened shot from the point late in a tied game.

Bird Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.