HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canuck Training Camp Darkhorse

Closed Thread

Old
07-27-2005, 04:06 AM
orcatown

vCash: 500
Canuck Training Camp Darkhorse

I see, at this point, Kesler and Auld being locks to make the team.

I think both Bieska and King will get a good look but I doubtful about either making the team. Bieska needs more pro experience and King needs to demonstrate more consistency and probably more time to recover form his serious head injury.

The dark horse player I see with a chance is Alexandre Burrows. Very quietly he put together a good season in Manitoba.

Burrows looks to me like a Tyson Nash type player. He is a good skater with some scoring potential. He is also an agitator who is willing to drop the gloves. He may well be in a position to challenge someone like Ruutu.

The thing I like most about Burrows is the advancement he has made. Each year he has improved and the longer he has played at the next level the better he gets.
He looks like a very hungry player who will do whatever it takes to move his career along.

At the moment he has a contract with the Moose and not the Canucks. However a good camp may cause the Canucks to offer him a two way deal.

Old
07-27-2005, 10:08 AM
Yammer

I hope Anze Kopitar makes the team...

Burrows is interesting, isn't he a high-scoring roller hockey star in the offseason? He could be the new Jose Charbonneau.

Also, Nolan Baumgartner. He's signed and I can see him being the 6/7 guy on D. I hope he can finally make the show a decade after being drafted ahead of Ohlund (and getting the 4 star ranking as a prospect from The Hockey News, before shoulder surgeries).

Old
07-27-2005, 10:39 AM
onphire

I see bouck and goren as having a shot at making the team.

Old
07-27-2005, 10:39 AM
galiano

Kevin Bieksa.

Old
07-27-2005, 11:07 AM
jumptheshark
McDavid Headquarters

vCash: 2458
I know I am in the minority

but I don't think King will ever play a full season in the NHL 70g+ that will ever amound to anything

I think Bouck is a good pick though

Old
07-27-2005, 12:33 PM
bhar

Bouck should make the team, although he's not really a darkhorse. I think Goren has a chance with a good training camp, depending on who we sign on the bottom lines. If ruttu/may/kean are not around I can see Bouck and Goren stepping in.

Old
07-27-2005, 01:19 PM
BATJAM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark
I know I am in the minority

but I don't think King will ever play a full season in the NHL 70g+ that will ever amound to anything

Finally, I totally agree with you. I don't think King will ever do much. He's a Peter Schaefer type, with less skill. I don't see him on the Canucks lineup. I think the best thing he'll do for the nucks, is be packaged in a trade

Old
07-27-2005, 01:27 PM
orcatown

I could be wrong here but I think Burrows is a star at floor hockey - kinda of street hockey played inside. Know that Justin Morrison is a excellent roller hockey player.

Old
07-27-2005, 01:29 PM
Hedberg
MLD Glue Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark
I'm not sure that Bouck will be resigned as he is an unrestricted (Group VI) free agent.

Closed Thread