HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

11-30-13: Flyers @ Preds - Saturday night's alright for fighting

Closed Thread

Old
11-30-2013, 10:48 AM
Joe T Choker
Wookin' Pa Nub in...

vCash: 500
11-30-13: Flyers @ Preds - Saturday night's alright for fighting

Bare bones edition ... You mean they threw batteries at Santa? We kind of need this game tonight after the Oilers game, they played yesterday

Old
11-30-2013, 10:58 AM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Weber and Klein out tonight. Hornqvist skating in morning skate. Forsberg to IR to recall Joe Piskula from Milwaukee to play defense tonight.

Old
11-30-2013, 11:03 AM
NoNecksCurse

this will get ugly. we need to fire whoever gets this team conditioned and away from injuries. i get that they happen but injuries have been destroying us for a while.

Old
11-30-2013, 11:15 AM
token grinder
formerly sirryan189

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNecksCurse View Post
this will get ugly. we need to fire whoever gets this team conditioned and away from injuries. i get that they happen but injuries have been destroying us for a while.
a S & C coach was gonna toughen Weber's eye up right? He was also gonna make sure Pekka's hip was clean right? He was also gonna toughen up Josi's brain right? He was also gonna make Fisher's ankle bones stronger to withstand pucks right? He was gonna strengthen Hornquist's sternum too, right?

Point is, these are not random sprains and strains.

Old
11-30-2013, 11:20 AM
INDhockeyfan

No Weber or Klein. This is going to be bad. Everybody wanting to trade Ellis should look at this lineup and see why we can't trade a defenseman. I'm guessing Josi/Jones will be our 1st pair.

Josi/Jones
Bartley/Ellis
Ekholm/Pistula

What a defense this will be against Philly. Hopefully we get Hornqvist back at least. Maz is going to have to stand on his head or we score 7 goals.

Old
11-30-2013, 11:22 AM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
5.5-6 oz of frozen vulcanized rubber traveling at high rates of speed cause damage when striking things like human bodies. No amount of conditioning prevents that. Pads can only mitigate it. But, let's blame the conditioning coach and training staff.

Hornqvist - Shea Weber shot to the body
Weber - Puck to face
Klein - several pucks off the foot and lower leg had him hobbling to the bench this season
Josi - shoulder to face
Rinne - bacterial infection

Where does conditioning help here?

Old
11-30-2013, 11:36 AM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
Quote:
Weber's fault for not wearing a shield; he ought to pay back his salary cause it's his own da*n fault.

Klein blocks shots and takes pucks off the ankle - spose we could play the game with a tennis ball..... which would help Horny, too, so he didn't get hit with the puck screening goaltenders.

Old
11-30-2013, 11:40 AM
deanwormer

vCash: 437
Wooooo - what is is, 3 rookies, 2 guys with about half-a-year, and the vet is a guy with a year-and-a-half manning the blueline - should be fun!

Old
11-30-2013, 11:55 AM
NoNecksCurse

Quote:
Originally Posted by token grinder View Post
a S & C coach was gonna toughen Weber's eye up right? He was also gonna make sure Pekka's hip was clean right? He was also gonna toughen up Josi's brain right? He was also gonna make Fisher's ankle bones stronger to withstand pucks right? He was gonna strengthen Hornquist's sternum too, right?

Point is, these are not random sprains and strains.
yepp and ive thought the same thing for a long time. but ive yet to see a team get destroyed by injuries consistently as we have lately. id like to think its all just bad luck but doesn't seem that way. how many guys have we had out from shoulder injuries or a groin in the past year or two? seems pretty abundant. maybe you're right but im to the point where its getting out of hand.

Old
11-30-2013, 12:03 PM
jntarheels

Just a couple game graphics.

What?

Where?

When?

NashvillePredators.com Game Preview

Team Comparison:

Old
11-30-2013, 01:07 PM
cleangene

Quote:
yepp and ive thought the same thing for a long time. but ive yet to see a team get destroyed by injuries consistently as we have lately. id like to think its all just bad luck but doesn't seem that way. how many guys have we had out from shoulder injuries or a groin in the past year or two? seems pretty abundant. maybe you're right but im to the point where its getting out of hand.
The long-time trainer was fired after last season because they "wanted to make a change" according to DP. I can only imagine what will happen to the new guy, as well as the folks at Vandy Medical. Hope that The Veteran Josi can lead the way tonight.

Old
11-30-2013, 01:16 PM
Seth Lake

Send a message via AIM to Seth Lake
Strangely, I have a good feeling about tonight's game. Housley is used to coaching high school and junior level players, the guys respect the heck out of his resume, and there's no time to sit around and think about it really...just go out and perform.

Most of our guys (4 of 6) have very impressive resumes outside of the NHL. None are truly established within the league yet (Josi still has question marks and Jones is a rookie). All can step up their game and be counted upon to fill a void on an interim basis.

Consistency is what separates players in professional sports. The skills are all the same, it comes down to the ability of a player to execute those skills at the highest levels from shift to shift and ultimately game to game basis that determines whether your playing on the first pair, the second pair, or on the bottom pair and when your bouncing in and out of the lineup or sitting in the minors riding the bus you're not going to get anywhere unless you figure that out.

I have no doubt there will be mistakes tonight. Mistakes happen every night, if they didn't...we'd watch 0-0 games on a nightly basis. It's how quickly the players can adapt to their new roles and how quickly they can learn from and adjust based off of their own mistakes and the mistakes of others within the game.

Mazanec is going to have to give them a chance to win tonight, but he's elevated his game and I have faith he will do that. The offense is going to need to capitalize early and spot the team a couple of goals to allow them to play from ahead. And in the end, I think the defense will be fine tonight...

Old
11-30-2013, 03:54 PM
jwhouk
Cheesehead Pred

We are gonna get our butts kicked.

End of story.

Old
11-30-2013, 05:26 PM
Marty Party
@ The Bridge

DT and watching the Iron Bowl. Don't like bama so go Barn. Looking forward to a Preds win tonight. For some strange reason I feel good about the game tonight.

Old
11-30-2013, 06:43 PM
101st_fan
I taught Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by deanwormer View Post
Weber's fault for not wearing a shield; he ought to pay back his salary cause it's his own da*n fault.

Klein blocks shots and takes pucks off the ankle - spose we could play the game with a tennis ball..... which would help Horny, too, so he didn't get hit with the puck screening goaltenders.
If a visor would have helped or not is debatable. I haven't seen a good image that shows the angle of impact, exact point where the puck hit his face, etc. Maybe a visor absorbs the impact and Weber doesn't miss a shift, maybe it hits right below the shield and he winds up with the exact same injury, maybe it catches the bottom of the visor and slams Weber's face a little lower.

Old
11-30-2013, 06:49 PM
INDhockeyfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101st_fan View Post
If a visor would have helped or not is debatable. I haven't seen a good image that shows the angle of impact, exact point where the puck hit his face, etc. Maybe a visor absorbs the impact and Weber doesn't miss a shift, maybe it hits right below the shield and he winds up with the exact same injury, maybe it catches the bottom of the visor and slams Weber's face a little lower.
When asked whether the visor would have prevented the injury, coach Barry Trotz said, ďIím sure it would have, thatís what visors do, they protect guys, so I would probably say yes.Ē

http://blogs.tennessean.com/predator...-visor-debate/

Old
11-30-2013, 06:59 PM
predfan98

I missed what happened to forsberg and Klein?

Wish I could see the game tonight. It should be interesting..

Just saw that Wilson nystrom fisher line is broken up. Sigh.

Old
11-30-2013, 07:19 PM
MrMariusz

Hornqvist finally back, win this one please.

Old
11-30-2013, 07:35 PM
The PH Factor

I don't even know how to describe what I just saw on that PP attempt by the Flyers...incompetence?? but I don't think that's even fair...

Old
11-30-2013, 07:37 PM
INDhockeyfan

We are getting all kinds of chances and Mason keeps stopping them.

Old
11-30-2013, 07:41 PM
MrMariusz

Woooooooooooo!

Old
11-30-2013, 07:45 PM
The PH Factor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMariusz View Post
Woooooooooooo!
So glad Fisher put that in. Was going to be depressing to go into the 2nd being down after dominating the 1st imo

Old
11-30-2013, 07:48 PM
INDhockeyfan

Exciting 1st period. I was mad when Giroux scored but the Fisher goal was huge to tie it up. Guys got lots of jump tonight Good to see Hornqvist back. PP is inept without Weber. I don't know why Ekholm doesn't play on the PP instead of Cullen on the point. I always hated that 2nd unit.

Old
11-30-2013, 07:54 PM
PredsV82
No

vCash: 130
Im sorry if its listed elsewhere but what is Klein's injury?

and for that matter what is Forsbergs injury thats been so long to get over?

Old
11-30-2013, 07:58 PM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

Klein out, Weber out

and of course

Closed Thread