HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

05-06 Preds Schedule

Closed Thread

Old
07-20-2005, 01:44 PM
vopatsrash

vCash: 500
05-06 Preds Schedule

blatantly borrowed from the other board...

Article

Old
07-20-2005, 01:56 PM
vopatsrash

impressions, assuming this schedule is the one...

whoa...3 straight against STL from 10/15 - 10/20? there's going to be some serious hate in that third game.

I'm glad they moved the NYD game a little later and thanksgiving night is great.

no brutal situations like the canceled season when we had two western canada trips in 2+ weeks.

we will really be tired of STL and San Jose by 11/2. 6 of our first 13 games against those teams.

There will be tougher stretches than these once players are signed and we know who's going to be good, but the worst travel stretch looks like 12/21 - 1/8: @Chicago, @ Columbus, @Calgary, @Vancouver, @Edmonton, Anaheim, @ Colorado, @ St. Louis, Detroit, @Chicago. 10 games/18 days, western canada trip, 2 at home.

also, 3/21-4/10: @ Detroit, @ Anaheim, @LA, @ Phoenix, @STL, Columbus, @ Chicago, @ STL, Chicago, @Columbus

Old
07-20-2005, 02:28 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

why does it say there'll be an all-star break? The league already announced that because of the olympic break this year, there'd be no all-star game...

Old
07-20-2005, 02:35 PM
vopatsrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorekids
why does it say there'll be an all-star break? The league already announced that because of the olympic break this year, there'd be no all-star game...
i thought that was odd, too. I want to say I read somewhere that they are also doing an "all star break" with no ASG in order to give the Olympic players a weekend break.

Old
07-20-2005, 02:50 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

@Chicago, @ Columbus, @Calgary, @Vancouver, @Edmonton, Anaheim, @ Colorado, @ St. Louis, Detroit, @Chicago

That really is brutal.......we could lose all of those games and still play great hockey. It hurts that the few teams that aren't as strong as the others in that trip happen to be either A) our rivals or B) Plays us exceptionally well (see Chicago).

07-20-2005, 03:02 PM
PredsFan77*

Send a message via ICQ to PredsFan77* Send a message via AIM to PredsFan77*
good, I can schedule my time now....they need a friggen friday night game on the 10-28 so I can go see the Cocks kick Fat Fulmers ass the next day.

Old
07-20-2005, 03:04 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

man, i reaaaally hope that we're not in a pinch for points in march-april. i'd hate to be sitting in 7th or 8th going into that road trip.

Old
07-20-2005, 03:34 PM
FLYLine24*

Hey no fair...you guys found your entire schedule out while we(NYR) only found out our first 2 games.

Old
07-20-2005, 03:44 PM
vopatsrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYLine4LIFE
Hey no fair...you guys found your entire schedule out while we(NYR) only found out our first 2 games.
DECEMBER
8 (Thu)—N.Y. Rangers, 7 p.m.

there, now you know 3 games...

you'd think brooks could leak the rangers' schedule. i guess the post is too busy pleasuring the yankees.

Old
07-20-2005, 11:21 PM
CivicSI_JB

Bettman has apparently learned NOTHING from this.

I like the Preds and all, but playing a non-division, conference rival team 4 times (and 3 times in 12 days mind you), rather than twice and get to see all teams is just stupid.

I would much rather see a team like the Panthers or Bruins than having Minny come to Vancouver 4 times.

Old
07-20-2005, 11:32 PM
Predshockey17

Like Nomorekids said, if were in 7th or 8th that road trip will make or break us. I really hate that.

Old
07-21-2005, 02:48 AM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Quote:
Originally Posted by vopatsrash
There will be tougher stretches than these once players are signed and we know who's going to be good, but the worst travel stretch looks like 12/21 - 1/8: @Chicago, @ Columbus, @Calgary, @Vancouver, @Edmonton, Anaheim, @ Colorado, @ St. Louis, Detroit, @Chicago. 10 games/18 days, western canada trip, 2 at home.
Expanding that, 12/21- 1/13 is 10 of 13 games on the road, all in 24 days. That'll be tough, no matter who we are playing. 12/30-1/3 is tough: @Edm, come home for a day then go right back out to Colorado.
-----------------

Just reading the article I didn't like the schedule at all. I thought we were getting screwed on the travel. But then I looked at a calendar and saw that it wasn't as bad as I thought. We actually get more time than I thought in between games for long flights. I think I counted 15 home Saturday games, so that's good.

I hate more divisional games. 6 games of detroit is enough, now they add 2 more. I want to play the teams in Eastern Conference. Some team isn't going to see Crosby this year because they don't play the right teams in the other conference. That sucks. At least we'll see Ovechkin, but only on TV. Oh, and once again Toronto doesn't come here (but at least we don't have to go there again).

I only see 2 potential problems for me. The Thanksgiving night game. I'm usually in PA so unless plans change, I'll miss that game. And the Jan. 15 game vs Pittsburgh. There could be a problem if the Steelers are playing in a playoff game that night.

I think 12/7 should be @ Washington and 12/13 should be @ Florida. All the other SE games are road games and those 2 start times are 6 pm our time starts.

**Mark your calendars now: 2/8 @ Detroit; 2/9 vs Detroit**

Last edited by sparkle twin: 07-21-2005 at 02:59 AM.
Old
07-21-2005, 05:35 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

As I suspected...don't hold this schedule as word yet. Over on the business board, someone posted a Brooks article(I hate to admit it, but he's been pretty close to accurate on things for a while, now) that says that the teams in the Rangers' division will have one home game with each of the Central Division teams...which contradicts our schedule, which says that WE have the home game with those teams. Food for thought.

Old
07-21-2005, 09:19 AM
muddycreek*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsFan77
good, I can schedule my time now....they need a friggen friday night game on the 10-28 so I can go see the Cocks kick Fat Fulmers ass the next day.
IN YOUR DREAMS! Fat Fulmer has been kicking the COCKS arse for years. No reason to believe he will not in the future. Visor Steve will take several years to make a difference IF he does then. Sounds like you are jealous. I remember similar triads about washed up Holtz!

Old
07-21-2005, 09:40 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddycreek
IN YOUR DREAMS! Fat Fulmer has been kicking the COCKS arse for years. No reason to believe he will not in the future. Visor Steve will take several years to make a difference IF he does then. Sounds like you are jealous. I remember similar triads about washed up Holtz!
muddycreek, pal, let's stick to hating the wings and leave the spurrier hating out

Old
07-21-2005, 09:49 AM
vopatsrash

Quote:
Originally Posted by PredsFan77
with all of the alabama legal problems going away, Fat Phil has been able to devote more time to regaining his powers via food and purchasing orange jogging suits.

don't underestimate the power of the buffet!

Old
07-21-2005, 11:05 AM
hillbilly

Send a message via AIM to hillbilly
I think there is equal room in this thread to hate both Spurrier and the Wings. Infact I hate the Flames, Bluejackets, and Alabama too

Old
07-21-2005, 11:06 AM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

I just hate college sports in general. It makes it that much easier!

Old
07-21-2005, 11:15 AM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillbilly
I think there is equal room in this thread to hate both Spurrier and the Wings. Infact I hate the Flames, Bluejackets, and Alabama too
You're right. In fact, I hate the flames and CBJ more than the Wings at times.

Old
07-27-2005, 12:09 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

here's the real schedule

http://www.nhl.com/teams/nas/schedule.html

Old
07-27-2005, 12:24 PM
quartermaster29

Send a message via Yahoo to quartermaster29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_Strummer
Dang! My birthday gets a pass.

Old
07-27-2005, 12:29 PM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

it's pretty much the same as the one from before.

Crosby in Nashville: Sunday January 15

Feb 8: @Detroit
Feb 9: Detroit

The 5 game road trip at the end of the season is now only 4 games and we gain a home game, so that could be great if we're fighting for points.

October 5 is opening night vs San Jose!!! I can't wait, I'm super excited now!!!

Old
07-27-2005, 12:29 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by quartermaster29
I'll just have to celebrate mine on first Blues home game ... we better freakin' win that game, or I'll be pissed for a few days ... I loathe losing to those bastages

Old
07-27-2005, 12:31 PM
sparkle twin
I luv u summertime

Quote:
Originally Posted by quartermaster29
There's a game on My Birthday! But it's in Edmonton....and in March. Brrrr.

Old
07-27-2005, 01:05 PM
golfmade
Go Preds Go

Well, they're away for the end of March, when my Spring Break is... but I think I could plan a trip to be there for the April 1st and 3rd games, against the Blues and Jackets

Closed Thread