HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Stats again.

Closed Thread

Old
10-03-2003, 03:28 PM
speeds

vCash: 500
He's back up on the second line now, I think, from this Ilves game summary:

http://www.ilves.com/raportti021003.php

Old
10-03-2003, 04:20 PM
Oi'll say!

I was just looking at the MJ Warriors site:

Brodziak 7gp, 6-9-15, +7
Fleischmann 7gp, 2-11-13, +7
Brouwer 7gp, 6-5-11, +4

Looks like Brodziak is the leader for now, it's time to start a thread about Brodziak trade proposals

Edit: http://www.whl.ca/stats/statdisplay....&singleSeason=

Old
10-03-2003, 08:52 PM
s7ark
LeonTheProfessional

Agreed, he was noticable in camp. I hope he keeps this up . A 6'2" and 195 pounds center doesn't hurt...

Man look at our centers

Jarret Stoll
Jesse Niinimäki
Marc-Antoine Pouliot
Brad Winchester
Mishail Joukov
Kyle Brodziak
Peter Sarno

That isn't bad at all....

Old
10-04-2003, 06:58 PM
momentai

Ilves just played another game... Niinimaki didn't get a point...

But who is Cory Murphy? He's leading the team in points at this point in the season as a dman. I can't help but think Raimo Helminen (their first line center) is benefitting greatly by playing with him.

Old
10-04-2003, 10:03 PM
The Imp

Good of ya to keep us updated. Btw, are you Danish?

Your motto is in Danish, that's why I ask...

Old
10-05-2003, 02:30 PM
surixon

M.A.P just had a four point game 3 goals 1 assist.

Old
10-05-2003, 02:54 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
Niinimaki is doing pretty good IMO. I mean he's scoring a good rate, and not many guys get much ice time there if their defense isn't up to par. I mean imagine what Niinimaki could be doing if he was over here playing against JR.s!!!!

Old
10-05-2003, 03:13 PM
Lowetide

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
Niinimaki is doing pretty good IMO. I mean he's scoring a good rate, and not many guys get much ice time there if their defense isn't up to par. I mean imagine what Niinimaki could be doing if he was over here playing against JR.s!!!!

Agreed. Niinimaki scored 4 goals in 41 games all last year in the same league as a 19 year old, so his early season success is encouraging.

Old
10-06-2003, 06:00 AM
Funkymoses

a good place

this seems to be the thread for this so:

opening weekend for Michigan was last weekend. The first night they played York, a CIS team. I wasn't aware that CIS teams werent' allowed to play with sticks. Michigan outshot York 74-14; they scored 6 goals and the opposing goalie STILL had a good game.

Rohlfs had a goal and an assist in the game. His goal was a very nice backhander. Hensick won an offensive zone faceoff and the puck came right to Rohlfs. He got it high glove side from the slot off his backhand, it went off the post and in. It was a really impressive shot.

The second night they opened officially against Mercyhurst, one of the best teams in a weak conference. Mercyhurst was pretty decent, actually. Helminen opened the scoring with a PP goal, which I didn't see, because I was late because I was debating offing myself because of football.

story links:
http://www.mgoblue.com/document_disp...ument_id=12566
http://www.mgoblue.com/document_disp...ument_id=12578

Old
10-06-2003, 10:15 AM
Seachd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkymoses
The second night they opened officially against Mercyhurst, one of the best teams in a weak conference. Mercyhurst was pretty decent, actually. Helminen opened the scoring with a PP goal, which I didn't see, because I was late because I was debating offing myself because of football.
So do stats from Non-Conference games count towards players' totals?

Old
10-06-2003, 10:44 AM
Funkymoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seachd
So do stats from Non-Conference games count towards players' totals?
yeah. The game against York was an exhibition and doesn't count. The MC game does. if you're looking for way more stats than you could ever possibly use, Michigan has a weekly release that's a pdf loaded with ridiculous stats.

http://www.mgoblue.com/section_displ...&top=2&level=2

no stats yet but starting next week more than you could hope for in a million years.

Old
10-07-2003, 11:00 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
this seems to be the thread for this so:

opening weekend for Michigan was last weekend. The first night they played York, a CIS team. I wasn't aware that CIS teams werent' allowed to play with sticks. Michigan outshot York 74-14; they scored 6 goals and the opposing goalie STILL had a good game.

Rohlfs had a goal and an assist in the game. His goal was a very nice backhander. Hensick won an offensive zone faceoff and the puck came right to Rohlfs. He got it high glove side from the slot off his backhand, it went off the post and in. It was a really impressive shot.

story links:
http://www.mgoblue.com/document_disp...ument_id=12566
http://www.mgoblue.com/document_disp...ument_id=12578
I also wouldn't put York U anywhere close to being representative of a top team in the CIS... not even in the OUAA. I've personally always wanted to see a UofA-Michigan game.

Old
10-07-2003, 04:37 PM
Lowetide

Colin McDonald plays his first reg. season game on Saturday. He scored a goal in their tuneup game:

http://friars.ocsn.com/sports/m-hock...100403aaa.html

Old
10-09-2003, 08:34 AM
dem

Looks like Mikhnov slowed down...

Old
10-10-2003, 08:50 AM
Lord

Send a message via ICQ to Lord
Quote:
Originally Posted by dem
Looks like Mikhnov slowed down...
He scored the lone goal for his club today against one of the best Russian teams Lada. But Mikhnov's Sibir doesn't look good at the moment.

Old
10-10-2003, 07:03 PM
Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord
He scored the lone goal for his club today against one of the best Russian teams Lada. But Mikhnov's Sibir doesn't look good at the moment.
He's scored 5-1-6 in 10 games, with 8 PIM and +1, and he scored another tonight. 6-1-7 in 11 games sounds like a decent pace to me, on a team which is 3-0-3-0-6. (win - OT win - tie - OT loss - loss) They are currently 12th in a 16 team league. Nobody else on the team has more than 3 goals or five points, so it seems he's carrying the team offensively. Shows character and talent, which bodes well for the Oilers.

The team's website is http://www.hcsibir.ru/index.php if you can handle Russian.

And a photo from after he scored tonight, in a 3-1 loss to Lada.
http://www.hcsibir.ru/photos.html?ch...ch=1620&id=545

Old
10-10-2003, 07:06 PM
momentai

Pouliot had 1 assist tonight in a 7-2 win by Rimouski. Geez, Crosby had a goal and 2 assists. Look at this kid..

Old
10-10-2003, 07:37 PM
Oi'll say!

Quote:
Canadian University hockey isn't a serious choice for anyone in this country with any nhl aspirations.

Major Junior is the first choice for most kids from all over the world and especially from Canada, and American college is second because of the scholarships available.

Can you even get a sports scholarship at a Canadian university?

Old
10-10-2003, 07:53 PM
LoudmouthHemskyfan#1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
Nope, they "don't believe in them" Morons....

I asked about this before going to university, and they all claimed this $1000 scholarship that you have to apply for should be enough, I then effectively asked if they realized how idiotic their policies were, and they couldn't answer me. Pathetic stuff. The American university system is superior in almost every single way.

Old
10-10-2003, 09:25 PM
choppystride

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
Pouliot had 1 assist tonight in a 7-2 win by Rimouski. Geez, Crosby had a goal and 2 assists. Look at this kid..
I'm beginning to wonder if MAP is being asked to take on a more defensive role. If that's the case, I'm not sure if I like it...

Old
10-11-2003, 06:46 AM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by choppystride
I'm beginning to wonder if MAP is being asked to take on a more defensive role. If that's the case, I'm not sure if I like it...
I don't think so really.... In the last game, Pouliot had a hat trick and a assist in a 9 goal explosion. It's probably the result of Crosby's line going to town early... and then the coach rolling all four lines throughout the game.

Old
10-11-2003, 07:12 AM
dawgbone

Send a message via ICQ to dawgbone Send a message via MSN to dawgbone
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoudmouthHemskyfan#1
Nope, they "don't believe in them" Morons....

I asked about this before going to university, and they all claimed this $1000 scholarship that you have to apply for should be enough, I then effectively asked if they realized how idiotic their policies were, and they couldn't answer me. Pathetic stuff. The American university system is superior in almost every single way.
And where is this money going to come from?

I mean, it isn't like these guys get 60,000 fans out to a football game, or 10,000+ out to a hockey game.

Most of the time, you are looking at 6,000 max for a football game, and 3000 for a hockey game.

And you can be damn sure the Students who are there for an actual education, are going to stand for part of their $7,000 tuition go towards an athlete so he can get a free ride, or part of a free ride.

Old
10-11-2003, 07:55 AM
serum114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oi'll say!
Canadian University hockey isn't a serious choice for anyone in this country with any nhl aspirations.

Major Junior is the first choice for most kids from all over the world and especially from Canada, and American college is second because of the scholarships available.

CIS hockey is actually quite good as it is all the best former junior A guys that have given up on a pro career. I wouldn't compare it to NCAA, but it is a higher skill level than most junior A IMO

Old
10-12-2003, 02:36 PM
surixon

M.A.P had 2g 2a today against JDD and his team.

Old
10-12-2003, 05:20 PM
momentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by surixon
M.A.P had 2g 2a today against JDD and his team.
Yup. Looks like Sidney Crosby might be slowing down a little. Only 1 goal tonight. :p

Still, though. Pouliot looks pretty good. In the last 3 games with Rimouski's offensive explosions.. Pouliot has 5 goals, 4 assists in 3 games. Sidney has had 4 goals and 3 assists in the same timeframe. Not too shabby indeed. And they're playing on different lines...

Closed Thread