HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospect Stats again.

Closed Thread

Old
10-22-2003, 09:34 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to thome_26
A person has to wonder what a kid has to do to get on a first line over there! I'd like the looks of him over here with our Road Runners - we'd give him the Ice Time he needs - but I guess playing in a tougher league is better for him. After this year all he SHOULD need is a year to get used to the North American game.

Old
10-23-2003, 03:22 AM
Allan

Video of the goal Mikhnov scored against SKA on the 20th:

http://www.hcsibir.ru/img/video/matchs/10/1649/27.avi

That's quite a wrist shot. It's reassuring to see him score some pure skill goals as well as the ones from crashing the net, since his size won't be as much of an advantage in the NHL.

*edit*

Forgot the setup on the next goal. The defenceman looks like a child trying to push him down:

http://www.hcsibir.ru/img/video/matchs/10/1649/28.avi

Old
10-24-2003, 10:10 PM
momentai

Rimouski vs P.E.I

Sidney Crosby 1 goal 2 penalty minutes.

M.A. Pouliot 2 assists on the night. +1

Pouliot is currently tied for 13th on the scoring list with Alexandre Picard with 20 pts - 8 goals and 12 assists - in 13 games.

Stars of the game.

1. RIM - Pouliot
2. RIM - Roussin, Dany
3. PEI - Gragnani, Marc-André

Dany Roussin had a goal and 2 assists on the night and was still second behind Pouliot in star selections. Hmm.. I wonder why.

Baie-Comeau vs Chicoutimi

I guess what we're all interested in hearing about is our two boys.. JF Jacques and JDD.

The two clubs skated to a 2-2 draw.

JF Jacques scored a goal at the 11:40 mark of the second period to open the scoring.

JDD ended the game with 2 goals allowed on 27 shots. Not sure what his percentage is now though.

Stars of the game.

1. BAC - Lacasse, Loïc
2. CHI - Courcelles, Sébastien (who had 1 assist on the night)
3. BAC - Jacques, Jean-François

Old
10-25-2003, 06:59 AM
Digger12

Quote:
Originally Posted by momentai
Dany Roussin had a goal and 2 assists on the night and was still second behind Pouliot in star selections. Hmm.. I wonder why.
That's nothing...remember that game against Acadie-Bathurst where Crosby got 5 points and Pouliot didn't get any?

Pouliot was 2nd star...

Old
10-25-2003, 10:55 AM
Lord

Send a message via ICQ to Lord
Mikhnov has one assist today, but his team Sibir lost 2-3 to Amur Khabarovsk. Tomorrow Sibir will come to Moscow, so I am planning to speak with Mikhnov after training.

Old
10-25-2003, 02:44 PM
IceDragoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord
Mikhnov has one assist today, but his team Sibir lost 2-3 to Amur Khabarovsk. Tomorrow Sibir will come to Moscow, so I am planning to speak with Mikhnov after training.
This may be a bit late. But, if you want ideas on questions to ask, follow GuyF's lead and start another thread. I'm sure there are a few Mikhnov fans here, who have some good ones for you.

Old
10-26-2003, 12:33 AM
momentai

Rimouski vs Quebec
Rimousk won 5-2

Pouliot 1 goal 2 penalty minutes, +2
Sidney Crosby 1 assist, +1

3 stars:
1. QUE - Hennessy, Josh
2. RIM - Crosby, Sidney
3. RIM - Lemaire, Mattews

WHL:

On Friday Kyle Brodziak had a goal in the 3-2 loss to the Blazers. Fleischmann assisted on both Moose Jaw's goals.

Kyle's tied for 3rd in scoring with 20 pts in 15 games.

Old
10-26-2003, 09:41 AM
Marconius

Hey, Im brand new to the thread and i was hoping someone could give me a quick synopsis of Mikhnov. I thought I heard that there was some whole 'deal' with him. That there was some sort of story about him, i could be completely off though. Is he considered a bust? a superstar prospect?
Thanks

Old
10-26-2003, 01:43 PM
Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marconius
Hey, Im brand new to the thread and i was hoping someone could give me a quick synopsis of Mikhnov. I thought I heard that there was some whole 'deal' with him. That there was some sort of story about him, i could be completely off though. Is he considered a bust? a superstar prospect?
Thanks
He's looking like quite the prospect, though a late bloomer. So far this year, he has scored 7-5-12 +4 in 16 games, which leads his team, and is impressive on such a poor team (12th of 16) in a league which seems to be lower scoring than the NHL. The Russian Super League, from what I understand, is slightly above the AHL, by the way.

Last year he only managed 7-9-16 in 51 games, so he has made some significant strides since then. Before that, he was buried in the Moscow Dynamo system because of some sort of dispute with his coach, so he spent most of the time playing for a minor league affilliate, or getting very few minutes, and because of this, his progress stalled.

Because of his progress stalling, him not coming over to North America, and the fact that generally, nobody here heard anything about him, it was generally assumed he was a bust, but he is starting to look like a great prospect again, and apparrently the Oilers are trying to bring him over here next year.

He is currently being projected to be a second line winger, as he is huge (6'5, 215lb, though he has continued to fill out), uses it to his advantage well, and has good hands.

Here are links to a couple of profiles. I have a few more links if you want them, but they are in Russian, and the only Babelfish I have found to do it is unreliable, and sometimes unreadable. If you want them, let me know.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospect.php?pid=1364
http://www.russianprospects.com/prof...p?player_id=71

If you look back through the thread for my other posts, there are some links to some pictures and a couple of videos.

Old
10-27-2003, 06:36 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan
Video of the goal Mikhnov scored against SKA on the 20th:

http://www.hcsibir.ru/img/video/matchs/10/1649/27.avi

That's quite a wrist shot. It's reassuring to see him score some pure skill goals as well as the ones from crashing the net, since his size won't be as much of an advantage in the NHL.

*edit*

Forgot the setup on the next goal. The defenceman looks like a child trying to push him down:

http://www.hcsibir.ru/img/video/matchs/10/1649/28.avi
All the videos are SERIOUSLY appreciated - it's nice to see some highlights of him when their is rarely anything that can be seen! Looking damn impressive!

Old
10-27-2003, 11:37 AM
oilersboy

JDD seem to be doing good. He was taken into consideration for the player of the week even if he play for one of the worst team in the QMJHL

Old
10-27-2003, 12:55 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooiilleerr_bergeron
JDD seem to be doing good. He was taken into consideration for the player of the week even if he play for one of the worst team in the QMJHL
Who do you guys think is the front runner for the WJC starter job? IMO I think JDD would be - Ward i'm sure will be right in there as well - who else though?

Old
10-27-2003, 01:28 PM
oilersboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
Who do you guys think is the front runner for the WJC starter job? IMO I think JDD would be - Ward i'm sure will be right in there as well - who else though?
The two starter for the WJC are Harding and JDD. I don't know who is the front runner, they both seem to do well. JDD and Harding should atleast play one or two game each. I hope JDD will be the starter. Ward had a poor summer camp so I don't think he will be there.

Old
10-27-2003, 03:40 PM
hunter orange

JFJ potted a goal and added two assists in a game agianst Halifax (I think). He's got something like 3 goals and 10 assists in 15 games... Like to see this guy putting up a point a game, throwing the body and getting in a few scraps.

Old
10-28-2003, 06:25 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooiilleerr_bergeron
The two starter for the WJC are Harding and JDD. I don't know who is the front runner, they both seem to do well. JDD and Harding should atleast play one or two game each. I hope JDD will be the starter. Ward had a poor summer camp so I don't think he will be there.
ok, right on. Hopefully JDD can step up and win the job. That will really be good for his career and would raise his stock alot!

Old
10-30-2003, 05:02 AM
Allan

Alexei Mikhnov scored again tonight, the first goal in a 3-2 OT win.

That leaves him at 8-5-13 +3 in 18 games. That puts him in a tie for seventh in league scoring, and a tie for third in goals.

He's only three points short of last year's total in 51 games, and already has one more goal. That's quite an improvement! And he seems to be producing consistently - his scoring has been spread pretty evenly through the games so far. At this rate, he may even be able to help his team climb out of the league's basement. (13th of 16 currently) It seems to me that consistent scoring, and apparrently decent defensive play as well, judging by +/- (which is all I have, for better or worse), is even more impressive on a team which is performing so poorly.

It was a home game, so I should have some photos and maybe some video by tonight. :fingers crossed: (need a smiley for that)

Old
10-30-2003, 06:02 AM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
It was a home game, so I should have some photos and maybe some video by tonight. :fingers crossed: (need a smiley for that)
Right on man!! I look forward to seeing it!

I'm thinking that Alexei's stock is sure rising higher and higher and higher!! He's sure sticking it to his old coach now, eh!!! Having a +3 on a team that is 13th of 16 is prety damn impressive, because clearly that team is a sub.500 team!!!

I've been thinking of switching(again) my avatar to him

Old
10-30-2003, 02:36 PM
Allan

Quote:
Originally Posted by thome_26
I've been thinking of switching(again) my avatar to him
Apparently we think alike. I got up this afternoon, changed my avatar, started to read hfboards, and this is the first thing I see. What are the chances?

Anyway, a shot from just after Mikhnov's goal:

And this one just because I like it:

Rough game.

Old
10-30-2003, 08:01 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Apparently we think alike. I got up this afternoon, changed my avatar, started to read hfboards, and this is the first thing I see. What are the chances?
lol, damn you! I dont' want to be un-orig.

Maybe if I find a fairly different pic. from yours, i dunno.

Old
10-31-2003, 08:25 AM
jadeddog

7th in league scoring? jesus thats pretty good.... hes what? 22 or is he 23 now? and the super league is russia's top league too isnt it?

i wonder if he will be at training camp next year (if there is a next year)... i sure would like to see what he can do against NHLers

Old
10-31-2003, 01:27 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeddog
7th in league scoring? jesus thats pretty good.... hes what? 22 or is he 23 now? and the super league is russia's top league too isnt it?

i wonder if he will be at training camp next year (if there is a next year)... i sure would like to see what he can do against NHLers
Nope, only 21!! This kid still has ALOT of developing to do on top of what he is!!! I think this kid was a great pick that seemed like a disapointment because he was burried in his teams depth and never got good chances or ice time to succed!

Old
10-31-2003, 02:05 PM
Allan

Like the avatar, thome, but who is that guy? :p

Old
10-31-2003, 03:57 PM
thome_26
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Like the avatar, thome, but who is that guy? :p
lol, I have no Friggin clue, lol.

What site do you go to to see all this stuff and hear what happened etc?

Old
10-31-2003, 04:43 PM
Allan

The team site is http://www.hcsibir.ru
It's in Russian, though.

The only translator I have found is Altavista, but it is very unreliable, and the translations are terrible, to the point of nonsensical at times, so if you can't guess your way through the Russian page, sometimes it's impossible. Anyway, here it is:
http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel...p=ru_en&tt=url

If you go to the site while a game is being played, there is a link in the top left to a play by play sort of feed. They are 13 hours ahead of us, so the usual 6:30 pm start means 5:30 am that morning here in Edmonton.

The Metallurg site has all of the league stats. The bombs. link top centre is points, scroll to the bottom.

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel...p=ru_en&tt=url

If the bizarre translations aren't making sense, PM me. I have figured most of them out, though some still escape me (Mikhnov is listed as "Candidate to the Master of the Sport". Huh?)

Old
10-31-2003, 05:27 PM
Tarkus

Kyle Brodziak scored 2 special teams goals (1 PP, 1 SH) in Moose Jaw's 3-0 win over Regina tonight.

BTW, he's also the Warriors' captain.

Closed Thread