HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs win 4-2 VS LAFS

Old
12-01-2013, 08:10 AM
Crimson Skorpion

vCash: 500
Awards:
Guy scores a shorthanded goal, his second of the night, and continues his hot streak after being called a perimeter player by some analysts and being in rumors to have him traded out of town.

Yet, he can't celebrate his goal.

****. Right. Off.

Passion. Deal with it or get the **** out.

Crimson Skorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 08:31 AM
Winter Eclipse

So, Galchenyuk now officially nothing but a situational 3rd line winger for us? Way to maximize that 3rd overall pick.

Winter Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 08:35 AM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Eclipse View Post
So, Galchenyuk now officially nothing but a situational 3rd line winger for us? Way to maximize that 3rd overall pick.
Or... he's going through a bad stretch and his ice time is being reduced for the time being. Let's not overreact to one game.

Gabe84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 08:43 AM
Winter Eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabe84 View Post
Or... he's going through a bad stretch and his ice time is being reduced for the time being. Let's not overreact to one game.
I just don't understand how:

(1) Consistently playing him out of his natural position

OR

(2) Benching him immediately for any mistake

...are in any way good development plans

Old
12-01-2013, 08:48 AM
Beatnik

Send a message via MSN to Beatnik
Quote:

OR

We have too much C right now and he have all the attributes to be succesfull on the wing. He just need to be more agressive in the corners and use his amazing shot more.

Being tough with kids is generally speaking a good strategy. Remember when this whole board panicked because Eller was sent in the press box?? When he came back, he finally played the way we all wanted him to. It also worked with PK.

Beatnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 08:52 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

Quote:
3 goals 5 points in the 6 games before his icetime was reduced to season lows ~13 minutes last 4 games where even then he has a goal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Skorpion View Post
Guy scores a shorthanded goal, his second of the night, and continues his hot streak after being called a perimeter player by some analysts and being in rumors to have him traded out of town.

Yet, he can't celebrate his goal.

****. Right. Off.

Passion. Deal with it or get the **** out.
Funny thing is Pacioretty doesn't really even celebrate his goals already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomaridII View Post
So .. since Therrien's Columbus speech of

"We want to manage the best team in the conference and it starts tonight"

6-1-1

14 goals allowed in 8 games, only losses a 3-2 SO loss to the Capitals and a 1-0 loss to the Rangers.
Since Therrien's speech, Emelin has 7 games played.

Last edited by Watsatheo: 12-01-2013 at 09:00 AM.
Watsatheo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 08:57 AM
Winter Eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatnik View Post
We have too much C right now and he have all the attributes to be succesfull on the wing. He just need to be more agressive in the corners and use his amazing shot more.
He has all the attributes to succeed at Center, as well; I mean, didn't we draft this guy specifically to be our future #1 Center? And if we're so logjammed at Center, why were our 2 big Free Agent pursuits this off season Lecavalier (a Center) and Briere (a Center)?

Quote:
Being tough with kids is generally speaking a good strategy. Remember when this whole board panicked because Eller was sent in the press box?? When he came back, he finally played the way we all wanted him to. It also worked with PK.
While I hope this is the case with Galchenyuk, I would point out that for both Eller and PK, we consistently play them at their actual position.

Old
12-01-2013, 09:00 AM
Tyson

Quote:

OR

I disagree, Galchenyuk has played poorly for several games and deserved to be benched.

Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 09:01 AM
Winter Eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
3 goals 5 points in the 6 games before his icetime was reduced to season lows ~13 minutes last 4 games where even then he has a goal.
Exactly. I just really get the impression that we're deliberately breaking this guy into the role of a secondary / tertiary scoring winger :/

Old
12-01-2013, 09:09 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post
You obviously don't know the rules if you thought it was a good goal. JVR had both feet in the crease well before the goal.
69.1 Interference on the Goalkeeper - This rule is based on the premise that an attacking player’s position, whether inside or outside the crease, should not, by itself, determine whether a goal should be allowed or disallowed. In other words, goals scored while attacking players are standing in the crease may, in appropriate circumstances be allowed. Goals should be disallowed only if: (1) an attacking player, either by his positioning or by contact, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to move freely within his crease or defend his goal; or (2) an attacking player initiates intentional or deliberate contact with a goalkeeper, inside or outside of his goal crease.

Just because he had his feet in the blue paint doesn't automatically mean the goal should be disallowed. If you want to make a case for his positioning impairing the goaltender's ability to move that is one thing. Or if you want to debate that he made contact with Price (which I don't see on the replay) fine. But simply saying his feet were in the crease implies a misunderstanding of the rule on your part, not mine. It's my personal opinion that the Leafs player didn't do any of the 1 and 2 points in the rule above. He didn't make contact or impede Price from making the play. Was it on the edge, yes. But I've seen plenty of goals allowed that were much more questionable.

BTW. If you want to use the I don't know the rules card, you might want to learn them yourself first. Just saying.

Jigger77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 09:09 AM
Winter Eclipse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
I disagree, Galchenyuk has played poorly for several games and deserved to be benched.
I have quite a few problems with this, to be honest.

(1) Punishing a player for poor play only makes sense if they're similarly rewarded for good play. Last I checked, the EGG line was rewarded for basically carrying our team during the early season by having Gallagher replaced with Prust.

(2) How has he played "benching worthy poorly" the last few games? He scored vs. Buffalo, was given roughly 7:30 minutes of playing time vs. Toronto (which means he was given zero chance to redeem his penalty), and has less than a minute on the PP in our last 3 games. That seems to be a pretty low threshold for benching...

(3) The elephant in the room is that we've seen another player go through a rough patch, and the solution there was to provide them with the best possible wingers, great o-zone starts, and near exclusive access to PP minutes, why isn't this our approach to helping a guy we ostensibly drafted to be our future #1 center?

Old
12-01-2013, 09:11 AM
otto bond

Quote:
Just all, he needs to be accountable.
Quote:

OR

It's hockey and to much is put in the position he plays now.

Quote:

He also has struggle a lot lately. He's slower and stop moving his feet. He needs to be stronger on the puck and since the puck hasn't come to him lately, he needs to go and get it. Sitting here and there at this point and time is no biggy.

otto bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 09:13 AM
sampollock

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
where is the link for this video???? grand I say.

sampollock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 09:25 AM
JLP
La Sainte-Flanelle

Visited a leaf fans' house in Toronto for the game and one guy had made a Go Leafs! Habs Suck! shirt "in my honor."

I insisted he wear it again next game, he swore he's going to burn it

Was a good night.

JLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 09:27 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigger77 View Post
69.1 Interference on the Goalkeeper - This rule is based on the premise that an attacking player’s position, whether inside or outside the crease, should not, by itself, determine whether a goal should be allowed or disallowed. In other words, goals scored while attacking players are standing in the crease may, in appropriate circumstances be allowed. Goals should be disallowed only if: (1) an attacking player, either by his positioning or by contact, ; or (2) an attacking player initiates intentional or deliberate contact with a goalkeeper, inside or outside of his goal crease.

Just because he had his feet in the blue paint doesn't automatically mean the goal should be disallowed. If you want to make a case for his positioning impairing the goaltender's ability to move that is one thing. Or if you want to debate that he made contact with Price (which I don't see on the replay) fine. But simply saying his feet were in the crease implies a misunderstanding of the rule on your part, not mine. It's my personal opinion that the Leafs player didn't do any of the 1 and 2 points in the rule above. He didn't make contact or impede Price from making the play. Was it on the edge, yes. But I've seen plenty of goals allowed that were much more questionable.

BTW. If you want to use the I don't know the rules card, you might want to learn them yourself first. Just saying.
Actually read the damn rule before quoting them at us. The rule you mentionned actually stated that a player's standing presence in the Crease may warrant a disallowed goal.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 09:27 AM
Et le But

Quote:
He's 19, and he's clearly struggling with more defensive assignments.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 09:28 AM
Big Lurk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sampollock View Post
where is the link for this video???? grand I say.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVem1euXRX4

here u go!

Big Lurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 09:34 AM
Big Lurk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Too fast.

Too furious.
Too early man... just too early.

Big Lurk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 09:35 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by PricePkPatch View Post
Actually read the damn rule before quoting them at us The rule you mentionned actually stated that a player's standing presence in the Crease may warrant a disallowed goal.
Oh the irony.

Listen, it's right there explained very well, not sure why you don't understand it. It says that just because a player is standing in the crease doesn't automatically disallow the goal. He has to actually interfere with the goalie.

Old
12-01-2013, 09:37 AM
MXD

Quote:
Oh the irony.

Listen, it's right there explained very well, not sure why you don't understand it. It says that just because a player is standing in the crease doesn't automatically disallow the goal. He has to actually interfere with the goalie.
It's actually quite easy to se how Price could have been prevented from moving/doing his job -- hence why the goal being disallowed.

However... I understand Leafs fans to be pissed about that one. I mean, they had the Malkin goal just a bit before.

Again -- inconsistency.

MXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 09:39 AM
Saintpatrick

Ah the tears of Lafs fans on their forum has brightened my day.

Saintpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 09:41 AM
Jigger77

Quote:
Originally Posted by MXD View Post
It's actually quite easy to se how Price could have been prevented from moving/doing his job -- hence why the goal being disallowed.

However... I understand Leafs fans to be pissed about that one. I mean, they had the Malkin goal just a bit before.

Again -- inconsistency.
See, someone who gets the actual rule.

Personally I don't think he was impeded from making the save but the ref obviously did, and I suppose a case could be made for it. It's just that it seemed so normal as far as screens go to me. Anyway, It's a bit of a gray area and I'll definitely take it. JVR was definitely right on the edge there.

And couldn't agree more about the inconsistency. I saw the Malkin one, and looks to me like he pushed the goalie into the net with his stick. Yet that goal is allowed...

Old
12-01-2013, 09:44 AM
Saintpatrick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Lurk View Post
That was awesome ty

Saintpatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 09:45 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Oh the irony.

But "interfering" actually includes something like "just standing there without contact" if the ref actually think you are impeding the goalie's job.

Hence why when you are screening the goalie, you gotta make sure you do it outside of the crease. You can't screen a goalie from inside the crease.

PricePkPatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 09:48 AM
overlords
Hfboards

Don't really care about the disallowed goal, considering the refs made us pay for it the rest of the night by ignoring every possible penalty they could have called on the leafs. Of course, they gave them one when the match was already decided

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote