HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Habs win 4-2 VS LAFS

Old
12-01-2013, 12:55 PM
BLONG7

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Was a weak call. If it was against us, this board would have melted down.
I think most of us agree, that the call for you, or against, it's the right call...

BLONG7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 12:57 PM
Habsawce

vCash: 200
What's the point of having a rule in place if we're going to ignore it? It was the right call even if it went against us or for us. These types of things have a way of evening themselves out over time so I'm sure within a few weeks the same call will go against us.

Habsawce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 01:00 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Was a weak call. If it was against us, this board would have melted down.
I've seen this board melt down many times by people who have no idea about the hockey rulebook. This isn't about public opinion it's about the rules.

Agnostic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 01:14 PM
Halifaxhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
I think most of us agree, that the call for you, or against, it's the right call...
It was. But that doesn't stop the leaf conspiracy theorists from loosing their minds and saying the refs are always against taranna.

And the next time Patche's scores, he should toss a glove in the air and "shoot" at it with his stick...sniper style.

Just like this.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWO89SiRpdo

Matter a fact, I play tonight in a beer league (habs vs leafs). And when I score I'm doing each one.

Halifaxhab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 01:20 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsawce View Post
What's the point of having a rule in place if we're going to ignore it? It was the right call even if it went against us or for us. These types of things have a way of evening themselves out over time so I'm sure within a few weeks the same call will go against us.
We've seen goals counted with more interference. I don't think anybody would have screamed interference at the TV if they allowed it.
It was a rather weak call. Part of the rules or not, this goal is good 99% of the time.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 01:24 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
We've seen goals counted with more interference. I don't think anybody would have screamed interference at the TV if they allowed it.
It was a rather weak call. Part of the rules or not, this goal is good 99% of the time.
99% of the time is a major stretch. This call is hit or miss, I agree but it's a subjective rule and really depends on the ref at the time and how they see it in the split second they have to make it.

Old
12-01-2013, 01:26 PM
charlie

vCash: 358
I have watched the goal a couple times and I have seen goals count were "said" player runs the goalie and it counts.
So what can we say.....meh............ that's what........next!

charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 01:28 PM
Kriss E

Quote:
99% of the time is a major stretch. This call is hit or miss, I agree but it's a subjective rule and really depends on the ref at the time and how they see it in the split second they have to make it.
The guy was barely in the crease and just glazed Price. Meanwhile, we have guys that rush the net, get well into the crease, push the freaking goalie with their sticks until they pretty much force the puck in, and that's allowed.

I mean really, they could have let that one count. There wasn't much interference, barely any contact.

Kriss E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 01:30 PM
gusfring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
I've seen this board melt down many times by people who have no idea about the hockey rulebook. This isn't about public opinion it's about the rules.
Rarely called rule.

gusfring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 01:31 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsChanandlerBong View Post
Plekanec's line was flying tonight...had a fantastic game. Price and Pacioretty played great and I think Bourque deserves to play next game.
I disagree completely.

Bourque was a -1, only had one hit and zero points. Sure, he fired off 5 easy shots.

Bournival is a better player than Bourque. I hope Bournival rotates back in and Bourque gets comfy in the press box again.

SouthernHab is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 01:31 PM
Habsawce

Quote:
The guy was barely in the crease and just glazed Price. Meanwhile, we have guys that rush the net, get well into the crease, push the freaking goalie with their sticks until they pretty much force the puck in, and that's allowed.

I mean really, they could have let that one count. There wasn't much interference, barely any contact.
He was in the crease and prevented Price from gaining the positioning he wanted to have, that's against the rule. Whether they let worse offenses go or not is irrelevant. By the book, it was interference resulting in a goal, not sure what's so hard to comprehend about this.

69.3 Contact Inside the Goal Crease
If, after any contact by a goalkeeper who is attempting to establish position in his goal crease, the attacking player does not immediately vacate his current position in the goal crease (i.e. give ground to the goalkeeper), and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed. In all such cases, whether or not a goal is scored, the attacking player will receive a minor penalty for goalkeeper interference.
If an attacking player establishes a significant position within the goal crease, so as to obstruct the goalkeeper’s vision and impair his ability to defend his goal, and a goal is scored, the goal will be disallowed.

Seems pretty clear cut to me.

Old
12-01-2013, 01:36 PM
Halifaxhab

Quote:
He was in the crease and prevented Price from gaining the positioning he wanted to have, that's against the rule. Whether they let worse offenses go or not is irrelevant. By the book, it was interference resulting in a goal, not sure what's so hard to comprehend about this.
It was called, its over. We had a called goal called back after a "conference", it evens out.

All I have to say is. Let the ******** flow

Old
12-01-2013, 01:38 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlie View Post
Gotta love Patches celebration..............If anybody deserves to dagger anything its him.

Lets end the Max Pac trade crap and focus on how a special player he is going to be for this team.

All it takes is a couple games? If I get a good offer for Max, I take it. I wouldn't actively shop him but any good GM is not swayed by a good or bad streak.

hockeyfan2k11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 01:38 PM
Halifaxhab

Yes.

[ATTACH]Attachment 68869[/ATTACH]

Last edited by Halifaxhab: 02-25-2014 at 06:39 AM.
Old
12-01-2013, 01:40 PM
Redux91
I do Three bullets.

Send a message via AIM to Redux91 Send a message via MSN to Redux91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Skorpion View Post
It already happened once.

The big win against Minnesota, a few seasons ago. Habs won 8-2 or something crazy like that and Subban notched a hat trick. On his third goal, the Habs had the game won already, Subban celebrated it. He was a 21 year old kid, scoring a hat trick, but since the Habs were ahead by a touchdown, he had no right to celebrate and he was scrutinized for it.
I gotta disagree CS, i dont remember there being any big problem with subban celebrating that hatrick, he didnt do anything too flashy and i dont remember any comotion about it..

i thought it was more that OT winner vs Calgary, where he skated and slid on one knee and did the Archer thing (which was AWEsome lol) , i remember hearing an uproar about THAT one..

Redux91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 01:41 PM
Montreal Typical

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
All it takes is a couple games? If I get a good offer for Max, I take it. I wouldn't actively shop him but any good GM is not swayed by a good or bad streak.
It would take a hell of an offer to be worth Pacioretty. A first line goal scoring winger with a very cap friendly contract is not something that you can easily acquire.

Montreal Typical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 01:41 PM
Halifaxhab

Quote:
Seriously? Have you missed his entire career. He scores in bunches, goes cold for 5-10 games and scores again. But he's almost always working, and at least forcing coaches to move his best chekers around.

Only in Montreal is a 30+ goal player constantly complained about.

Old
12-01-2013, 01:44 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
I'd try Bourque with Eller/Gachenyuk another game vs Devils:

Briere - Plekanec - Gionta
Pacioretty - Desharnais - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Eller - Bourque
Moen - Bournival - Prust

Markov - Subban
Gorges - Emelin
Murray - Diaz

No weak link lines. Parros unnecessary until Bruins game and Murray brings a physical element along with decent PK skill that can be more useful than Boullion if used wisely. Seems the staff has no issues limiting Murray's icetime but have trouble with it for Boullion which is lowering his effectiveness.
The quality of your lines, both offensively and special teams, are significantly improved if you move Bournival to the third line with Eller and Chucky and then place White on the 4th with Prust and Moen.

Bourque is the un-needed player in our roster.

White is very very good on the PK. He is also a great center for the 4th line. Bournival is a playmaker and goal scorer who would mesh with Eller and Chucky. Again, Bourque is the odd man out.

This team has had some of the best hockey played with him out of the lineup. Positive hockey and hustle is contagious just like floating is contagious as well.

Old
12-01-2013, 01:47 PM
SouthernHab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
Kudos to Orr for protecting Parros head when they fell. Incredible how those guys are sometimes acting towards one and another. Fighting to KO the guy and then, let me hold you so you don't fall too hard.
No offense to you but **** Orr. He was trying again to start **** with Subban.

Orr is a dick.

Old
12-01-2013, 01:49 PM
sharks9

Quote:
A couple games? Where have you been for the best 2 years when he led our team in scoring?

He's the past forward on our team on a sweet contract and we shouldn't trade him for less than a massive overpayment.

sharks9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 01:58 PM
Teufelsdreck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDN View Post
Subban > dion

all day

no, >>Dion all day and all night

Teufelsdreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 01:59 PM
Rosso Scuderia

Quote:
But how do you know Price wouldn't have made the save if given the proper space to work with? Price was way to deep in his crease to challenge a point shot like that.

The crease is there for a reason and it's to give the goalie the PROPER space to work, JVR was inside that crease and it prevented Price to do his job.

And please 99%.. you're kidding right? It's not as consistent as it should but I've also seen many disallowed goal because a players was in the goalie's crease like in this case.

Wanna see bad disallowed goal? Here's some:

Holmstrom wasn't even in the crease. If JVR was clearly out of the crease like Holmstrom, then yes it would have been a bad call. A good positioning goalie like Price would have easily made a save if he's given the space RESERVED for him to work.

Anyways, rules are rules. Whine when the refs doesn't follow the rules.. but when they applied it properly, there's nothing to whine about.

Rosso Scuderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 02:01 PM
dkdanielkli
GO HABS GO

vCash: 204
Send a message via Skype™ to dkdanielkli
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck View Post
no, >>Dion all day and all night
LOL no.

Sens players beat up 5'8" Habs players, they are praised. Subban beats up a small Sens player, he's a coward, he's spot picking, he's this, he's that, he's too NBA, he's too NFL, cocky, classless, etc, etc, etc.... You guys are too much.
dkdanielkli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 02:01 PM
Lafleurs Guy

Personally I think interference calls should be called more. I felt like it was interference for sure BUT... they don't usually call this. It was inconsistent with the way those goals are usually called. So I'd say we got lucky on this one.

Lafleurs Guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
12-01-2013, 02:07 PM
Mrb1p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
Personally I think interference calls should be called more. I felt like it was interference for sure BUT... they don't usually call this. It was inconsistent with the way those goals are usually called. So I'd say we got lucky on this one.
Exactly, the calls made were perfect if you go by the book. The refs rarely do that. Id be just as mad as the leafs tbh. But if it can be consistent, i wont care.

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote