HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > HFNHL Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
HFNHL Talk HFNHL is a full-simulation fantasy league that uses the FHL simulator to determine the outcome of games over a full 82-game season.

Lines Submission Update

Old
12-12-2013, 01:38 AM
Canuck09

vCash: 500
Lines Submission Update

For the trifecta of messages about this tonight...

If you haven't seen my email to the group or the email invite from Dropbox you've missed the death of the Yahoo Group for the purpose of lines and position changes.

Due to the nightly issues I've been having with Yahoo I've pulled the plug. Effective immediately we will be using a shared Dropbox folder for lines and I will no longer be checking the Yahoo Group. Position changes can now be emailed directly to hfsimgod@gmail.com.

I did not run games tonight because I wasn't able to download any of the lines file. I wanted to give those of you who posted lines a chance to get signed up on Dropbox and post them again. I will run a doubleheader to make up for it tomorrow night. If you didn't get the invite, or want it sent to another email address let me know.

Feel free to join me in celebration of the death of Yahoo here. Post any praise, hate or questions. I will get the rules updated when I'm bored enough to work on them.

Canuck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2013, 11:19 AM
Dryden

Send a message via MSN to Dryden Send a message via Skype™ to Dryden
What's to stop me from uploading someone else's lines to see what they are doing or deleting them for that matter?

Dryden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2013, 01:08 PM
Canuck09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryden View Post
What's to stop me from uploading someone else's lines to see what they are doing or deleting them for that matter?
Nothing, but what was to stop you before? It seems deleting is a new thing (I thought people could always do this in Yahoo because it seemed like I always could...maybe not though) but you could always upload a random set of lines if you chose to.

Much like Yahoo, it seems Dropbox lists the name of the person who uploaded each file so we have that check. Dropbox also has a running activity list for every upload and deletion that happens so I can see if anyone is getting up to no good.

In the end I don't think anyone here is out to mess with each other (well maybe a few are ) so the honor system should work just fine. If someone gets out of line I have a log that will show who it was. SimGod see's all!

Canuck09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
12-12-2013, 05:46 PM
Fooladelfia

Send a message via MSN to Fooladelfia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck09 View Post
Nothing, but what was to stop you before? It seems deleting is a new thing (I thought people could always do this in Yahoo because it seemed like I always could...maybe not though) but you could always upload a random set of lines if you chose to.

Much like Yahoo, it seems Dropbox lists the name of the person who uploaded each file so we have that check. Dropbox also has a running activity list for every upload and deletion that happens so I can see if anyone is getting up to no good.

In the end I don't think anyone here is out to mess with each other (well maybe a few are ) so the honor system should work just fine. If someone gets out of line I have a log that will show who it was. SimGod see's all!
If someone do that he's a poor estupido and I don't want to talk to him anymore. ....Puto!!

Fooladelfia is offline   Reply With Quote